Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

The Washington football team and the Cleveland baseball team changed their names.  KC hasn't.   Ok fine whatever but can you stop with the chop please?

Amen.  The name is bad, but these fucking chops and chants are next-level awful. 

I like Mahomes, but I can never truly root for them because of that crap.

• Like 4

Does Cris Collinsworth have money on KC winning?  He's raving about Mahomes like no QB (or player) has ever played well and played with an injury.  Incomplete passes and 3 yard completions by Mahomes are great plays, but when late in the first half Lawrence drops that dime on the deep ball right into the receiver's hands who drops it, Cris calls it an overthrow.  Thank goodness this is the last game NBC has in the playoffs, after the comatose Al Michaels and Tony Dungy last week, and now Collinsworth's obvious favoring of KC.  Football fans deserve better.  

• Like 6

Kansas City is one of the final 3 teams for the NFL's 2022-2023 season.  It's KC's 5 consecutive trip to the AFC conference championship game

The bad new for Florida is that Jacksonville is the 25th NFL team & the 3rd division winner booted from Super Bowl contention.  The AFC South is completely done.  Just 2 teams remain for a chance for a brand new Super Bowl winner

Damn damn damn.  Well it was a good run, kids, and a helluva run to end the season and make the playoffs in the first place.

Am I misremembering, or was Trevor not the starter for Clemson, and then Dabo put him in, which pissed off the starter (Kelly something?) and he transferred to another school?

• Like 3

I think I might have pissed off at least a couple people.  Hope I can post somewhere tomorrow, but I never felt happier for a game ending Jaguars FG for whatever they thought was next!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Calvada said:

Does Cris Collinsworth have money on KC winning?  He's raving about Mahomes like no QB (or player) has ever played well and played with an injury.  Incomplete passes and 3 yard completions by Mahomes are great plays, but when late in the first half Lawrence drops that dime on the deep ball right into the receiver's hands who drops it, Cris calls it an overthrow.  Thank goodness this is the last game NBC has in the playoffs, after the comatose Al Michaels and Tony Dungy last week, and now Collinsworth's obvious favoring of KC.  Football fans deserve better.  

Collingsworth praising Mahomes was just too fucking much for me. Even before the red zone fumble I wad getting ready to turn it off.  I just couldn't listen to Cris anymore.

8 minutes ago, Carey said:

Kansas City is one of the final 3 teams for the NFL's 2022-2023 season.  It's KC's 5 consecutive trip to the AFC conference championship game

Are we supposed to keep believing there is parity in the NFL. Look I know KC is a good team but I'm just so over them always being in the AFC championship game. And because I don't want the NFL getting what they want go Cincinnati.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Look I know KC is a good team but I'm just so over them always being in the AFC championship game.

I feel better about KC doing it than when New England was making it their home.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

And because I don't want the NFL getting what they want go Cincinnati.

But if it is Buffalo/KC then you'll have TWO passionate fanbases figuring out the best way to bitch and moan about a neutral site game without coming across as insensitive to Hamlin.

• Like 1

And that's what concerns me.  Unless Cincinnati wins, Hamlin will get blamed for this structure.  That would be totally messed up. 

A grown man that worked hard in life, played hard to get to where he got to (which is a rarity), and a rather decent guy; Damar didn't crumble to the ground on purpose where the non-guaranteed future was at stake

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, Carey said:

And that's what concerns me.  Unless Cincinnati wins, Hamlin will get blamed for this structure.  That would be totally messed up. 

A grown man that worked hard in life, played hard to get to where he got to (which is a rarity), and a rather decent guy; Damar didn't crumble to the ground on purpose where the non-guaranteed future was at stake

I blame the NFL.  When they decided to not play the game they effectively gave KC the top seed and the bye.  Who knows what the playoffs would have looked like if that non played game hadn't counted against Buffalo and Cincinnati?

If KC does make it to the SB I will have no problem rooting for their opponent as long as it's not Dallas.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

Right???? You go for it at midfield on 4th and long?  Wtf.  And now Philly is up 14.

In the FIRST quarter!!  It's not like there's 3 minutes left in the game.  

Vikings came back from a 33 point deficit. Giants can do it, too. Of course there's a difference between Eagles and Colts.

But I want Eagles to win because they are more likely to beat Dallas than Giants are, assuming Cowboys make it past SF.

Apologies to mojoween tonight.  Ditto to JTMacc99.  While what happened this time a week ago actually happened, for me, there's nothing wrong with getting a good night's rest prior to being ready for a great day of what's slated to be more competitive football!

The one second I paid attention outright, I catch the Moose saying that pretty much the game has been played on the Giants side of the field.  Every play was run on the New York end.  What a very lovely football game!

28 minutes ago, Carey said:

Apologies to mojoween tonight.  Ditto to JTMacc99.  While what happened this time a week ago actually happened, for me, there's nothing wrong with getting a good night's rest prior to being ready for a great day of what's slated to be more competitive football!

As long as the Cowboys lose tomorrow, it'll be a great day for competitive football. Jerry Jones being very happy will definitely ruin that.

4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I am thisclose to throwing this blasted teevee in the trash.

I just got an email from a friend asking, "Are you still watching, or did you throw the TV out the window already?"

• LOL 5

38-7 is the final score.  Which was the score for the 2023 College Football Playoff National Championship in half as much time.

More important & relevant, this was the score on this very day half a decade ago against the team New York beat a week ago!

Because I'm a nerd I looked this up:

Since Plaxico shot himself in the leg in 2008 the Giants regular season record against the Eagles is 6-23

and now 0-2 in the playoffs since 

I'm thinking that's the worst record of one team against another in the last 15 years.  I know the Patriots always whipped the Bills but that's changed the last few years 

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

The Washington football team and the Cleveland baseball team changed their names.  KC hasn't.   Ok fine whatever but can you stop with the chop please?

Hubby and I were remarking on this today.  How can the Tomahawk Chop (of both the Braves & Chiefs), less racist than the beloved name ‘Indians’?

Did any of the Giants team board the team bus to Philly?

42 minutes ago, BlueSkies said:

Because I'm a nerd I looked this up:

Since Plaxico shot himself in the leg in 2008 the Giants regular season record against the Eagles is 6-23

and now 0-2 in the playoffs since 

I'm thinking that's the worst record of one team against another in the last 15 years.  I know the Patriots always whipped the Bills but that's changed the last few years 

I mean the Jets have never beaten the Eagles ever in their histories. 0-12 all time. That’s hard to beat. 

• Mind Blown 1

Well.  That fucking sucked.  But at least it wasn’t a shutout!

There are glimmers of hope though, and the team did defy expectations. It’s disappointing, but they played two more games than most of the league so there’s that.  Still mad at Daboll for being too cute, but he’s been very good for these players and they seem to love him.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I mean the Jets have never beaten the Eagles ever in their histories. 0-12 all time. That’s hard to beat. 

That is hard to beat, but it's also an overrated statistic.  Similar to how the Steelers haven't won in Philadelphia in 57 years (and probably will pass a 60-year mark).

The Eagles & Jets are in opposite conferences.  Prior to 2002, there hasn't been any decent structure that had the two teams playing each other on occasion.  After 2002, the 2 teams played each other 5 times, 3 of those games at Lincoln Financial Field.  One of those two games that were played in Jersey were in a season where the Jets were super awful. 

I think their best chance was in 2015; while they'll get another shot at them this calendar year at Metlife, it'll be a against a dominant Eagles team that's 2 wins away from their second title.  Fortunately New York's defense is very good, and they have a chance to address the QB situation in a positive way

15 hours ago, mojoween said:

A world in which millions of people have small computers in their pockets can still be stymied by … a broken chain.

Yep.  Like hello, we can't do this some other way than two guys holding poles connected by a chain?   And you hope they stand in the right spot?

Jags have nothing to be ashamed of.  Last year they were the worst, but they got a real coach and made it to the Divisional Round.  

Giants, are well, the Giants.  But honestly they just ran into the buzzsaw that is Philly this year.   

Not gonna lie, Bengals-Bills is gonna be hard to watch.   I imagine it will be hard for the players too.   Even though Hamlin is doing okay, I am sure the players will still remember the last time these two teams played.   

• Like 2

I am worried about the Bills today. They are 6 point favorites (way too much), and the Bengals already have a chip on their shoulder for feeling “disrespected” since it seems everyone is already banking on KC and the Bills. Plus Josh Allen has been having way too many turnovers. I’m sensing the Bills will lose this one.

13 minutes ago, twoods said:

I am worried about the Bills today. They are 6 point favorites (way too much), and the Bengals already have a chip on their shoulder for feeling “disrespected” since it seems everyone is already banking on KC and the Bills. Plus Josh Allen has been having way too many turnovers. I’m sensing the Bills will lose this one.

If Josh Allen can not throw any red zone INTs, I think they have a pretty good shot.  The Cincy OL is really decimated right now.

• Like 1