Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

OriginalCyn
  • Start Topic

I'd be happy to listen to Tara and Johnny opine about dance and pairs; they really do know what they're talking about.

I think Johnny and Tara are fine to comment on pairs, and ladies and men's singles.  Johnny's done some pair skating himself. 

However, they are terrible at ice dance.  During the Olympics, I had to laugh when they said that Meryl and Charlie were flawless and in synch, when during a clip you could see that their twizzles were out of synch.  That's when they need to call in Tanith - b/c she knows what she's talking about.

Sometimes I get annoyed when Johnny comments on the men b/c he may be a bit too close to it having only retired a couple of years ago.  Sometimes he sounds petty.  He made some jab recently at Jason Brown saying he was "trying to go viral" or something to that effect.  Nobody tries to go viral and it has nothing to do with commenting on a performance.

• Love 1

Tanith tweeted today that she, Tara, and Terry just filmed a Nationals preview. Hopefully that means they'll bring her on board for the competition, too, because yeah, Tara and Johnny are terrible with the technical aspects of ice dancing. With them it's only about the costumes and their feels.

• Love 1

Reigning U.S. Men’s champion Jason Brown has withdrawn from 2016 Nationals due to injury.

Brown, who has been dealing with a back injury, said there wasn't one moment when he hurt his back, but the injury had been feeling progressively worse during the season. He pulled out of NHK Trophy in late November, hoping to recover in time for the U.S. championships.But the injury flared up again recently in training and that has forced him to withdraw from the championships in St. Paul. Brown could still petition for a spot on the Worlds Team, but he doesn't know yet whether he'd be healthy enough to do so.

Skaters are dropping like flies from Nationals

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Love 1

OH NO!  I hate to hear of this.  I really hope some limits are put on quads.  Maybe allow one in the short and two in the long. Even that sounds like a lot but now some of the men are aiming for 4 quads in the long!

Edited by Tippi
  • Love 1

"Looking forward to hearing Tanith - she's done a good job the times I've seen her and she can point out the finer aspects of ice dance."

Unfortunately, she's getting that American commentator disease: LetsmakesureItalkovereverybeatofthemusicanddn'tbreatheforonesecond.

She unfortunately TALKS TOO MUCH. I want to hear the music, damn it! Sometimes, less is more! And Terry, I don't need to hear that a skater has a twin brother or baled hay in Minnesota DURING THE DRAMATIC MOMENT OF THE PROGRAM!!!

• Love 2

Here are the broadcast times for the U.S. Figure Skating Championships next week.

Icenetwork is going to live-stream every event from Nationals except for those which will be broadcast live on NBC, but I’m just going to provide the times for the Senior events. If you want to see the complete schedule for icenetwork’s live streaming of events from Nationals, go to: http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2016/01/2016_us_fs_champs

NBC will do a live broadcast of the Free Skate competitions with the top groups in all disciplines on January 23 and 24, but unfortunately, neither NBC nor NBC Universal will be showing the short programs. Additionally, NBC will not air the Skating Spectacular until Saturday, January 30. NBC Universal will offer only encore presentations of the NBC broadcasts.

In addition, NBC is going to do a preview show for the U.S. Figure Skating Championships on Sunday, January 17. Presumably, this show will be Tara and Johnny telling us about the skaters who are most likely to be on the podium in each discipline.

Below is the broadcast schedule for Nationals, starting with NBC. I’ve also listed the “encore presentation” and Skating Spectacular broadcasts, for your information. Please remember that all times listed are EASTERN. Check your local listings for the times and channels in your area.

NBC

Sunday, January 17, 5-6 pm: U.S. Figure Skating Championships Preview Show

Saturday, January 23, 3-6 pm: Pairs Free Skate and Free Dance (last groups)

Saturday, January 23, 8-11 pm: Ladies Free Skate (Groups 2, 3 and 4)

Sunday, January 24, 4-6 pm: Men’s Free Skate (Groups 3 and 4)

Saturday, January 30, 4-6 pm: Smucker’s Skating Spectacular

NBC UNIVERSAL

Thursday, January 28, 3-9 pm: Encore Presentation of NBC Broadcast: Pairs and Ladies Free Skate, Free Dance

Friday, January 29, 6-8 pm: Encore Presentation of NBC Broadcast: Men’s Free Skate

Friday, February 5, 2-5 pm: Encore Presentation of NBC Broadcast: Skating Spectacular

ICENETWORK LIVE STREAMING:

Thursday, January 21, 3:45 pm: Senior Pairs Short Program

Thursday, January 21, 9:00 pm: Senior Ladies Short Program

Friday, January 22, 3:30 pm: Senior Short Dance

Friday, January 22, 8:30 pm: Senior Men’s Short Program

Saturday, January 23, 10:00 am: Senior Pairs Free Skate (Groups 1 and 2)

Saturday, January 23, 11:45 am: Senior Free Dance (Group 1)

Saturday, January 23, 7:00 pm: Senior Ladies Free Skate (Group 1)

Sunday, January 24, 2:00 pm: Senior Men’s Free Skate (Groups 1 and 2)

Set your DVRs or make your plans to settle down for some hours of watching skating. The competition at Nationals this year should be very interesting.

• Love 4

I don't know how interested I'll be in the pairs event but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the other three. As usual I'm looking forward to the ladies event most of all. I'd like Gracie to have a dream performance but I'm not exactly holding my breath. ;p

• Love 1

For anyone interested in the Canadian Nationals in Halifax here is the schedule for tv coverage :  Friday Jan 22 - 2 pm  will have the Women's and Dance short on TSN, the Men and Pairs' short will happen at 7 pm on TSN.

Saturday Jan 23 brings the Pairs'and Men free at 7 pm on CTV and the Women's and Dance free at 9:30 pm on CTV. 

All times are EDT.  Check local listings of course for any changes etc.  I got the listings from the Skate Canada website.

• Love 2

Icenetwork has posted an interesting article about changes some of the top U.S. Pairs are making to their programs for next week’s Nationals in St. Paul.

Scimeca and Knierim have swapped out about 1 minute of the music from Elizabeth: The Golden Age in the middle of their program for slower music from the same soundtrack. They believe the slower music will help them set up for their triple toe jumps better as well as address the criticism from judges about the music not having a change of pace.

Kayne and O’Shea have decided to scrap their short program to Spanish music. Their new music is Hozier’s Take Me to Church, a more soulful piece.

Castelli and Tran are keeping the same music but are changing the order of their elements in their Free Skate. The throw double axel will now come early in the program, and the throw triple salchow will be in the second half. They are hoping that changing the order of the elements will help with the consistency of their jumps – triple salchows and triple loops.

By the way, if anyone is curious why Jordan Moeller isn’t at Nationals this year, the reason is that the Men’s skater broke his leg in December; Moeller fell awkwardly while practicing a quad toe. Those quads are a tool of the devil!

• Love 2

Good for the Shibutanis! First time I've really watched much skating this year, so I hadn't seen their Fix You free dance until now. It's so great. Like, it hit me emotionally to the point of tearing up, which doesn't happen to me often with programs. Can't wait to see what happens with these teams at Worlds.

• Love 7

I've been watching the U.S. Nationals and have a few questions if anyone can answer them.  Watched Kayne and O'Shea and when they got to their kiss and cry time, who was the guy with the specs beside them?  I think he's one of their coaches, but might be a choreographer?  The other question pertains to the announcements made during the introductions of the skaters.  Why do the skaters have their skating clubs introduced?  Are these their original skating clubs?  Sometimes the clubs are different for each skater instead of the same which I would have figured should be the same for the pairs and dance.

I like seeing skaters we don't get to see during the regular season.  

I enjoyed the Shibutanis routine.  I think this has to be my favourite routine of theirs I've watched in years.  The last dance pair - forget their name - sorry, but do know that Patrice is one of their coaches, had some cool moves.

• Love 1

The Shibutanis won! The Shibutanis won!

Assuming Ashley Wagner doesn't pull herself together tonight, we'll have all new U.S. champions this season.

New Yorkers: Cozi-TV (1245 on Time Warner Cable) is carrying Nationals. Channel 4 is informing us that it's snowing.

• Love 4

So happy for the Shibutanis, and also that all of the medal winners in the ice dance really brought it. I hope Hawayek and Brubaker (sp?) have a better season next year. I enjoy watching them so much.

Loved the pairs gold medalists, though what chance do they stand at a world championship? And was hoping for a better result from Castelli and Tran--what happened after the halfway point, they started out so well.

NGL, I would be so pumped for Polina Edmunds to win it tonight. I haven't watched any of her skating this season, so was really impressed with her improved overall style and presence on the ice. The dumb media-made rivalry between Gold and Wagner is so whatever. I want to enjoy their skating, but NBC's stupid pre-packaged pieces make it nearly impossible.

• Love 2

And Madison Chock's bitch face was both hilarious and delicious. LOL

Bates's bitch face was even bitchier than Chock's.

I so want to sit next to you both for the ladies final. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 7

So thrilled for the Shibutanis and I really loved that they were finally able to break through with a flawless free dance to get that gold medal they so richly deserved.  And I also loved how beautifully dramatic the Hubbell/Donahue's free dance was--two fabulous US Dance teams :)

Now Chock and Bates on the other hand..what was with Tanith White constantly mentioning that they had to keep retooling their programs?  Was that a bid to make us feel sorry for them?  All it tells me is that they had to keep changing their programs because they couldn't get them right the first time around.

I like O'Shea and Kayne and I thought their Phantom of the Opera long program was beautiful and I hope they keep that success up in going to Worlds,.

I also kind of hope Polina Edmunds wins the Ladies title because like Johnny, Tara and Terry said, she is a competitor and Gracie and Ashley are not.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

Loved Polina's short program! What a skater! You go, girl!

I haven't seen much of the Shibutani's before but so glad they won. I don't know why more skaters don't choose Coldplay music (yes, I'm a fan), even without lyrics added, the melodies really lend themselves to figure skating in general. I thought I was going to have to leave the room if anyone skated to Phantom of the Opera. Can we please put a moratorium on skating to Phantom???

• Love 3

I'd be excited for Polina to win, because it would signal a changing of the guard.  I like Gracie a lot, but she doesn't seem able to break through to the next level.  Polina really does seem so steely, plus she's very elegant.

The "throwdown" fluff piece that featured Ashley and Gracie was hard to watch.  Gracie was obviously tremendously uncomfortable, and Ashley seemed as though she was trying SO hard to be polite.  Just let them skate already.

And YES, PLEASE - no more Phantom!  Or Nessun Dorma for that matter!

Extremely happy for both Gracie and Polina.  If Mirai had finished on the podium, that would have been perfect.  

Really glad Polina is getting to go to worlds and will have that experience to set herself up for PyeongChang.

• Love 1

They will never make me like Gracie or Ashley. Both leave me cold and are too headcase-y for me to root for. I wish they'd find a new star to focus on.

Sorry Polina didn't win; although, none of the ladies stack up next to the Russians.

Really happy for the Shibutanis. I was hoping they'd fill the spot left by Davis/White. I find them very watchable and much more compelling than Chock/Bates, who really need to practice their happy to be here faces. I'm hoping this gives the Shibutanis the momentum they need to set up a great Olympics run.

• Love 1

Good for Gracie Gold delivering when she needed to, but for me, just as a fan/viewer, she's still kinda on probation until after worlds. If she brings it there as well, then maybe...

Can't quibble about the placements--Gracie's program kept my interest more than Polina's, even if Firebird needs to be added to the list of songs to never be used again. The skater I feel most for is Mirai Nagasu--to miss the podium like that again, man. I wonder if she'll keep competing?

• Love 3

I am very happy that Gracie stood up to the pressure and delivered that performance.  I hope it will be a turning point in her career.  The top 4 ladies were very good; I didn't see very much in the younger ladies to root for.  I do really like Karen Chen--she has the technical skills and star quality to really be a contender if she can get consistency.  It's always great to see a clean performance win and K+O delivered.  I didn't see H/B but did catch all the remaining dances and I found them all very enjoyable.  Congrats to the Shibs!  It would be nice to see them sneak in for the gold at Worlds.

For the men--I liked Nathan and Vincent.  Max was clean and deserved to lead but I didn't see any artistry.  Ross-I don't know how he got such high scores.  I'd have had Nathan in 2nd and wouldn't mind if he won.

• Love 2

I'm bummed for Polina. Looked like she had everything sewn up and then Gracie decides to finally skate like she's been supposed to for years. Glad Gracie won but girl...you try my patience. You'd better skate like that at Worlds or you may have a pitchfork wielding mob come after you. And Polina, please put your hair up for the LP. I know what you're going for, but even Scarlett O'Hara would know to get her hair out of her eyes. You have her fighting spirit but not her hair talent.

So, so happy for Mirai for putting out a solid performance. So, so irritated that Ashley can't get it together. Again.

• Love 2
I used to love "Nessun Dorma." No more.

When it's Pavarotti singing, it's still pretty awesome.  When it's Il Divo ... ghastly.  Happily Max Aaron's choreographer chose Pav.  A big point in Aaron's favor.

Exciting ladies event.  Lovely, lovely dance winners.

• Love 3

I thought Gracie was great. I'm not embarrassed to say that I teared up for her. I've wanted a performance like this from her for so long I'm so pleased that it finally happened at Nationals. I loved how she stayed in character even as she was taking her bows. I totally ate it up and I found her skate to be more exciting than Evgenia who feels like a one trick pony with that overdone 'Tano on damn near every jump. Gracie's Firebird blows Anna Pogorilaya's of last year completely out of the water IMO. 

I am bummed for Mirai as usual. It annoys me even more that Ashley is in when she couldn't even be bothered to learn a new long program this year. I'm so over the Moulin Rouge program. The only music and program I'm less interested in seeing (even though I actually really like her as a skater) is Elena Radionova's long.

I liked Tyler's layback. I was hoping for more from Karen Chen but she's still my favorite of the younger crowd.

VERY happy for the Shibs. Along with Gracie winning that was my favorite surprise from this year's nationals. 

I'm happy for Polina too. I don't think GWTW works that well as skating music but I really adored her short program. She's going to be tough to beat next year. 

• Love 1

For the men--I liked Nathan and Vincent.

Nathan reminds me of the Chinese male skaters.  Technically excellent, decent choreography ... and zero connection with the audience. Of course, he could have been upset about his jumps, but he's got to connect with the audience. Luckily, that can be learned ... Still, he can compete with the Japanese and the Brian Orser skaters with that program.

USFSA is telling Mirai not to let the doorknob hit her.

Sadly, they have been telling her that for years. Even though she came in fourth in the Olympics in 2010 and skated circles around their pet Rachel Flatt. I've been a fan of her since then and it bugs how disrespected she is by the USFSA.

I have never warmed to Gracie since NBC went all-out pimpin' for her two years ago as their designated darling. Polina has grown up quite nicely in the past two years. But in this case, I think Johnny was right, the component score played a role. Polina's program was just not as artistically interesting as Gracie's.

Sick of Ashley's "I'm a scrappy underdog because I screw it up for myself in the short and then have to have a resurrection free skate" act.  And I didn't like that long program last year and don't like it now.

Sad that Jason Brown isn't skating this year.  Max Aaron seems to be getting the "macho figure skater" edit that they gave to Michael Weiss back in the day. He's a former hockey player, doncha know?

• Love 4

Watched some of the Canadian Nationals performances--Aliane Chartrand is using GWTW for her LP this season as well. Between her and Polina Edmunds, I slightly prefer AC just because her hair is not in sausage curls. It was nice to see Patrick Chan do his free skate as well as he did, though the popped 3A and lutz combo are concerning. He's become a sentimental fave of mine, and I hope he brings it at worlds even if he doesn't stand much chance of winning over Hanyu if Hanyu keeps up with those next level scores.

Another thing I liked seeing was how happy Frank was for Gracie. I don't feel like I've seen him that happy for one of his female skaters in ages. I'm just imagining him moonwalking back to the hotel in happiness. 

I'm with others in that I hope she does this very thing at worlds. I honestly have no idea how Gracie will stack up against the Russian crop at worlds if they're all clean but I feel like she has a chance for a medal and should easily be in the top six even taking the Japanese into the equation. I'll be very surprised if Ashley is in the top six.

Polina's short is fabulous, it's easily my favorite short program among the American ladies, but I think her long is a miss and I'll be surprised if she medals.

Sadly, they have been telling her that for years. Even though she came in fourth in the Olympics in 2010 and skated circles around their pet Rachel Flatt. I've been a fan of her since then and it bugs how disrespected she is by the USFSA.

Sick of Ashley's "I'm a scrappy underdog because I screw it up for myself in the short and then have to have a resurrection free skate" act.  And I didn't like that long program last year and don't like it now.

It's true. I've never understood why Mirai didn't have more respect even back then when (I so agree) Rachael Flatt was the pet. For Mirai it has to burn to know that Ashley can go in there and fall and have easier spins in her short and they're still considered to be even. It's long been frustrating to me that falls have essentially become insignificant. 

I think what really frustrates me about Ashley is that she has a reputation for being consistent--it's half of the reason they chose her over Mirai even though Mirai earned her spot back in 2014. From my perspective Ashley hasn't had a consistent career at all. She just knows how to pump up an unexceptional performance and make triumphant, open-mouthed faces where she's pumping her fists because she's so damned proud of herself even when she two foots her way through a program. 

My apologies for the snark, I've just never understood why USFS thinks the sun shines out of her ass. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 8

As much as I enjoyed Polina's short program, I disliked her long. I think it's what caused her the gold. There was no energy in the music, no power. I wouldn't not have expected that music at all (I was just hoping her hair wasn't done curled for a Beauty and the Beast program--ugh!).

I'm aleady over Gracie, so seems so snotty. I haven't watched skating since Sochi Olympics, is she really this snotty?

I guess I'm in the minority, I really liked Ashley's program, I thought it was wonderful, except for the popped jump.

• Love 4

I'm aleady over Gracie, so seems so snotty. I haven't watched skating since Sochi Olympics, is she really this snotty?

I have always found her to be that way. I just get a massive "mean girl" vibe off her. And I wonder if her wearing that "World Team" vest while warming up was a way to psyche out other skaters.

• Love 4

I have always found her to be that way. I just get a massive "mean girl" vibe off her. And I wonder if her wearing that "World Team" vest while warming up was a way to psyche out other skaters.

I think if any of her competitors were rattled by that world team attire then they need to become stronger competitors. I don't deny that there could likely be something in a gesture like that but that sort of competitiveness doesn't bother me. Now, deliberately trying to clip someone or shove past them or to make digs/throw shade at a competitor's skating--those are things that annoy. 

I don't get a mean girl vibe off of Gracie. Mirai and Polina both seem sweet too. I've heard things about Mirai being lazy and her attitude kind of changing over the years but she's always struck me as a sweet and unassuming girl. 

When I think of past single skaters with Attitude--does anybody beat Maria Butyrskaya? I totally imagine her house being full of mirrors. It was crazy too because she wasn't even that good, she was just persistent as hell. (I give her credit for how hard she worked but boy, was she ever full of herself.) 

• Love 3

Shades of Red asked why the skating clubs were announced - your membership in the USFSA, which gets you to Nationals, is through a skating club, not individually. Since the pairs often come from different areas, they might have different clubs. Certain clubs have more clout and you might stay with your original since their members can influence for you.

Good for the Shib Sibs! And while I'm not a fan, I'm happy Gracie finally delivered, mainly because that GWTW program of Polina's is a snooze. I love Rudy but it's not good.

I do want to know why Scott was laughing so hard at the end of the ladies roundup. I got the feeling Tanith was a bit surprised when Terry remarked on close together Chock & Bates were skating. And I'd love one of them to say to Terry, hey, you're a national champion too, don't leave yourself out.

Edited by culturevulture73
  • Love 1

WTF Team Polina? You did so wonderfully with the short program. Choreography, costume, hair, everything was perfect. So mature and sophisticated. I thought that the days of the gangly teenager were over and that a mature young lady had taken over. Then, came the long program.

Oy vey.

The costume and the ringlets? Did the adults in charge watch Gone With the Wind and mix up Scarlett with Suellen? Please ditch the flopping, childlike ringlets and the white dress with the cutesy bow and ruffled sleeves. Scarlett O'Hara wore dark colors, too. And please put her hair up. All that good progress in the short program, undone. She looked like a 15 year old.

• Love 4

Well, that was bizarre.  I thought for sure Nathan was going to win.  Then, I thought for sure Max was going to win.  I didn't think Adam would.  

Love his skating, but I'm baffled.  I hope they send Max and Nathan to worlds.  Along with Adam, that is, who automatically gets to go as US National Champion.

Edited by SophiaD
  • Love 1

Shades of Red asked why the skating clubs were announced - your membership in the USFSA, which gets you to Nationals, is through a skating club, not individually. Since the pairs often come from different areas, they might have different clubs. Certain clubs have more clout and you might stay with your original since their members can influence for you.

Thank you for the answer.  Can I then ascertain that the skating club isn't necessarily the club the skaters currently train in?  I didn't realize a skating club and a training club were two different things.  Interesting.

Much as I like Jason Brown, if he gets his petition to join the World Team approved, I will pitch a fit. Nathan Chen does NOT need to get sent back down to the Junior leagues. Yes, he needs improvement with his artistry and spins, but unless he gets the chance to compete with the top names, how will he learn?

I don't disagree with Max Aaron placing above Chen, but Adam Rippon above Aaron?? No. Just no. The results should have been 1. Aaron, 2. Rippon, 3. Chen. I could even see the argument to put Chen second, but I don't believe Rippon should have won.

• Love 6

I'm still puzzled. How in the ever loving hell did Rippon beat Aaron in technical scores? I'm still trying to figure that out. Way to ruin all the good will for getting the ice dancing result right, judges. You just took us back to Putin's Olympics with those scores.

I agree with sending the top three from Nationals to World's. Jason is a nice kid and a joy to watch, but he's missed most of the season. Keep him home to heal. It just wouldn't be fair to send him, now.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 2

Much as I like Jason Brown, if he gets his petition to join the World Team approved, I will pitch a fit. Nathan Chen does NOT need to get sent back down to the Junior leagues. Yes, he needs improvement with his artistry and spins, but unless he gets the chance to compete with the top names, how will he learn?

I don't disagree with Max Aaron placing above Chen, but Adam Rippon above Aaron?? No. Just no. The results should have been 1. Aaron, 2. Rippon, 3. Chen. I could even see the argument to put Chen second, but I don't believe Rippon should have won.

I haven't watched much skating at all this season and I didn't even get to watch yesterday's events live because of prior commitments but I did watch today and I was so pissed off with the result in the men's competition that this might very well be the end of my serious figure skating watching.  I might be able to buy Rippon placing ahead of Chen but definitely not ahead of Aaron, and honestly, I'm really not sure that he should have placed ahead of Chen.  What Chen did, even with his obvious program component weaknesses, was HISTORIC.  The USFSA is not doing our men's skaters any favors by rewarding a quadless program with the national title.  That's NOT where men's skating is internationally and the sooner they pull their heads out of the sand and accept this the sooner our guys will up the ante and get to where they need to be to compete internationally.  It makes me sick because it was really, really obvious what the judges were doing - and I applaud Johnny & Tara for pretty much coming right out and saying it - the USFSA is twisting themselves any which way they can to justify giving Jason Brown that medical bye to the World Team.  They weren't as harsh as Dick Button would have been but they came close to calling out that judging panel - and don't tell me that the NBC producers were any happier with that result, not with them deliberately giving us that slow pan of the judging panel - for this crap result.

I saw the Pairs earlier - very happy for Kayne/O'Shea.  I like them a lot more than Scimeca/Kneirem (sp).  But then, I generally like Jim Peterson's pairs teams and they're just the latest in a long line of quality teams he's producing down in Florida.  It would be nice if they can make the leap to the next level internationally.

I'm catching up on the ladies & dance on my DVR still but I really don't know if I'm going to even bother with searching and recording anything anymore.  That men's result really sticks in my craw.

• Love 1

Just announced that Jason Brown's petition to Worlds has been turned down. I'm not sad about this. Now Jason can concentrate on healing his injuries and upping his technical ante. Because after today he's gonna need it. I'm also sending good healing thoughts to Josh Farris who is still recuperating from a concussion. I hope to see him fully healthy next season as well.

• Love 4

Thank you for the answer.  Can I then ascertain that the skating club isn't necessarily the club the skaters currently train in?  I didn't realize a skating club and a training club were two different things.  Interesting.

Yeah, most skaters don't train at the club they represent because there's a lot of skating clubs in the US, but only a few elite training centers that offer the best coaching and training facilities.

Overall, I'm pleased with these championships. I'm so happy for the Shibs, I really didn't think it would happen as C/B appeared to be the chosen ones.

I really hope we send the top three men to Worlds and that they don't accept Jason's petition. I really can't imagine why they would, and I say this as someone who likes him, but without a quad, he doesn't have a whole lot to offer.

• Love 1

I'd have had it Max, Nathan, Adam.  Did Adam underrotate a lutz and it was not called by the technical specialist?  He had a few scratchy landings and it seemed to me he was slower with a bunch of rest stops in his program.  I doubt a program with that content will make top 10 at Worlds, but possibly it will since Worlds will be held in Boston.  Wish Nathan had hit his triple axel.  Loved Vincent!

I hate the vocals in these programs--I find it so distracting. 

• Love 4