Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

KS talked about that Marc tweet on his podcast years ago. His co-host was always trying to get him to watch Arrow but he continued to throw shade at them. It's always cracked me up how quickly his tune changed when he started watching The Flash and they became the best show ever made. I still don't think he's ever watched Arrow other than the crossovers but I could have missed a podcast or two.

(edited)

I didn't see that as an intrusion. In the video, KC seems to see EBR approaching SA for what we all agree was support with EBR's anxiety.  KC's first instinct is to move forward, focused on EBR, but she pauses.  EBR seems to nod, then KC enters the group hug, which you can see EBR is returning.  We don't know what EBR said to SA or KC, right?  Anyways, this wasn't a photo op or an interview.  It feels genuine to me, and looked like she waited for a cue from EBR before joining.

Edited by TrueMyth
  • Love 4
(edited)

Lol if it was genuine KC would have comforted also not just went to intrude when she knows cameras are focusing. Do people expect for either of Stephen, Emily to push her away infront of photographers that are clearly visible on several pics. 

She tried the same thing when Emily and David were having a private convo. But they ignored her. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

How dare the producers of reaper not invite Kevin Smith back after he didn't follow their script and added things he wanted into it AND they still paid him extra money for doing things without consulting them. 

He sounds like an arrogant ass tbh. Like even that a bit about how he single handily saved the Green Arrow. 

I don't think he quite understood that in TV World the writer/Producer/Show Runner is in charge,  not the Director. In movies the Director is usually in charge.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

I don't know how anyone can watch that and not feel like it was awkward as hell for Katie. I mean in the same event there's video of Katie talking to Stephen and he literally walks away to look super interested in Emily talking about needing to pee.

• Love 12

Here's my reaction to the photos and videos of the signing: the WB security must be pissed. They tell attendees to move through the line as quickly as possible (they'd prefer we not acknowledge them to save time) but they can't say the same to the talent. So, whenever there's any delay, they get so silently mad and it's hilarious. 

That's all I can think of with these photos and videos. 

• Love 2

I think KC can be socially awkward. Like when she asked who they ship at this SDCC or when during that IGN interview she said the best thing about Oliver was how many women he could get and SA cringed. I don't think it's some kind of master plan for the cameras, she is just like that..I also think she likes to be the center of attention and I see that when she puts herself in the middle of a pic, but I think the awkward moments are her not realizing what's the best thing to do or the right time to do something.

• Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think KC can be socially awkward. Like when she asked who they ship at this SDCC or when during that IGN interview she said the best thing about Oliver was how many women he could get and SA cringed. I don't think it's some kind of master plan for the cameras, she is just like that..I also think she likes to be the center of attention and I see that when she puts herself in the middle of a pic, but I think the awkward moments are her not realizing what's the best thing to do or the right time to do something.

I mean I'd say this if this was a recurring thing. She says stupid/awkward things a lot but she doesn't really do a lot of awkward things. If she's done this before then sure... But this is the first time in 6 years its happened at SDCC or any other con... So I think that's why people find it suspect.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
(edited)

But  KC just attached herself to a hug out of nowhere. Its not like there was comforting words for Emily since KCs face is on Stephens shoulder not Emily.  It would be differently if KC went up to Emily after seeing the hug with Stephen, talked to Emily and give her a hug of her own. I dont know about you but i think i remember hugs between Emily/David at the Paris con in 2015, London con with Stephen/Emily. Also SDCC 2015 and now 2017. So its nothing new. 

I think people also remember then incident with the periscopes where Emily had to basically to tell her to not film her. So its hard to imagine KC really being that sensitive. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 12

I remember that..she was drunk and annoying..I don't think it can be compared to a moment where she was in their right mind. Also I remember those hugs but I hug my friends often as well, this is the first time I realized she was looking for comfort instead of hugging them because she is affectionate and she cared about them. KC wasn't there in those moments so we can't say she didn't do it there because there weren't enough cameras and now she did it because of them. That's what I meant.

I find the idea of KC as a evil schemer ridiculous but that's just my opinion..

• Love 3

There is video evidence that Katie just walked over and tried to be a part of a hug Emily and Stephen were having.

Theres video evidence of Stephen looking disinterested in Katie talking to him and then go out of his way to avoid talking to her to listen to Emily's story about needing to pee.

Theres video of David and Emily goofing around and Katie going over to try and get involved, being ignored and then walking away.

I don't know if Katie is socially awkward but it was certainly awkward for me to watch so... 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I find the idea of KC as a evil schemer ridiculous but that's just my opinion..

No one is saying she's evil lol Just an... opportunist that was kinda annoying by and made moments really awkward during SDCC.

• Love 5
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It's also the first time we see Emily hugging people for comfort on video. I don't particularly like KC but I find some ideas about her a bit over the top..

No it's not. There are a ton of videos of EBR hugging and, getting hugs from just about every public venue she's been to (Colton, SA, DR, Echo, etc). There were photos/videos of DR hugging EBR at the Paris con 2 years ago. There are video/photos of SA/EBR hugging behind the stage at the London Con.  There's video/photos of EBR hanging onto Colton from S2 SDCC right before she was called to go out on stage.

This is not new activity when it comes to EBR. People may now have different labels for it, before it was dismissed as cute or sweet or whatever. Now people are looking to see if it's anxiety related but, it's always been there.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 10

I think Katie wanted validation too, there is the clip of OTA hugging, she stares at them for a bit and then goes over to Juliana and gives her an awkward hug. I think she wanted to make it really look like she's close with them somehow.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Seems like SA is still suffering from back pain. I wonder how this is gonna affect Oliver's stunts going forward

I guess that explains why he was on the ground on the plane to SDCC.  Back pain is the worst, and while I can take a week or two off the gym and not make a bunch of difference, gotta bet that's not true for him.  

Are there more crazies than usual on Twitter?

I look at Olicity and usually there's they odd crazy tagging their rants with Olicity but they've been rampant last few days. 

Do I need a Twitter account to filter their posts? 

21 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Are there more crazies than usual on Twitter?

I look at Olicity and usually there's they odd crazy tagging their rants with Olicity but they've been rampant last few days. 

Do I need a Twitter account to filter their posts? 

Maybe it's best to take this into private message or the small talks thread.

Finally getting around to watching this interview

They are so adorable! Esp KC/EBR. Though Stephen looks like he wants to kill himself for majority of the video but he is probably just done and over SDCC by that point. And for S7....don't pull this high level of secrecy MG it made things so awkward for the cast especially when noone on that screen will be dying thus making it useless.

(edited)

This weekend's comic cons (updated)...

Comic Con Honolulu, July 28-30, 2017 (HI)
Willa Holland (also Danielle Panabaker)
http://comicconhonolulu.com/guests/
Schedule (Sat., 11:15am - Willa Holland Q&A, and Sat., 2:45pm - Daneille Panabaker Q&A)

Showmasters' London Film & Comic Con, July 28-30, 2017 (Olympia London, UK)
Joe Dinicol and Emily Kinney (also Dean Cain and Michelle Harrison)
http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/allguests/tv-and-film
Saturday Schedule (5:05pm - Dean Cain)
Sunday Schedule (10:50am-Joe Dinicol, Dean Cain, Michelle Harrison/DCEU, and 5:00pm - Emily Kinney/TWD)

ETA: John Barrowman was originally scheduled for Florida Supercon this weekend, but had to cancel due to his appendicitis surgery:
https://www.facebook.com/floridasupercon/posts/10154941088688512

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

From yesterday -- SA said that his back is in the worst shape it's ever been in and that he had to wear slip-on shoes...

Was he driving???  It looks like he's in the front on the driver's side, but he was looking at the camera so much.

Edited by BkWurm1
21 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Was he driving???  It looks like he's in the front on the driver's side, but he was looking at the camera so much.

No he wasn't. I think he stated in this video or another one afterwards that he wasn't driving.

SA said that it's good to use the wifi in Michael's car to talk to facebook because then he doesn't have to talk to Michael, at which point apparently Michael called him an asshole.  I'm guessing Michael is his driver.

If SA, in the great shape that he's in, gets this hurt doing fake stunts, can you imagine how hurt a real Oliver would get?

• Love 4

Okay after watching that video of hot Stephen from the pics I posted above I love it even more cause he was good looking AND having a go at internet trolls dissing the show on an article about Stephen giving Sarah the cancer survivor his necklace. 

1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

Okay after watching that video of hot Stephen from the pics I posted above I love it even more cause he was good looking AND having a go at internet trolls dissing the show on an article about Stephen giving Sarah the cancer survivor his necklace.

Wait, what? Where's this video? That's a new level of low, really.

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

Wait, what? Where's this video? That's a new level of low, really.

On his facebook. Some guy posted on an article that Stephen should have told Sarah to watch a better show.

Stephen said he was shocked he used something like that to be "a dick" and called it the "biggest dick move ever" and that he hopes the guy doesn't delete the comment cause he's making this video so lots of people will go and see what a crappy comment it was and that he might have a better life if he was a nice guy and "less of a dick". 

He was pretty cool and awesome about it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1469231483162114&id=146921975393078

• Love 6
(edited)

He looks really good. Also wow, no more lines on his forehead.

Being assholes about that video is a new level of low. I don't understand what that guy was thinking and I hope Sarah will be fine and able to go back to SDCC like her dad said!

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

On his facebook. Some guy posted on an article that Stephen should have told Sarah to watch a better show.

Stephen said he was shocked he used something like that to be "a dick" and called it the "biggest dick move ever" and that he hopes the guy doesn't delete the comment cause he's making this video so lots of people will go and see what a crappy comment it was and that he might have a better life if he was a nice guy and "less of a dick". 

He was pretty cool and awesome about it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1469231483162114&id=146921975393078

I completely concur. WTH, that's a little girl fighting cancer and that's who you chose to preach about effing TV viewing habits?!

7 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

He looks really good. Also wow, no more lines on his forehead.

Oh, I didn't even notice. Chemical peel? I know I thought Barrowman had way less lines than SA when somebody posted his loopy hospital video.

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Oh, I didn't even notice. Chemical peel? I know I thought Barrowman had way less lines than SA when somebody posted his loopy hospital video.

I have no idea..I'm still young so I'm unaware of the beauty treatments that make wrinkles go away..other than Botox..

I noticed because the pic of the Lian Yu kiss has been going around in the past days so I had that fresh in mind..

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

I completely concur. WTH, that's a little girl fighting cancer and that's who you chose to preach about effing TV viewing habits?!

As someone who just lost someone to cancer I hope he makes a video like that for every troll who wants to be a douche behind a keyboard. 

I read on twitter today that when he posted the international women's day photo with Emily that people were even throwing his own mothers cancer as an insult towards him. People are creeps. I just don't know how anyone could either use cancer as an insult or mock a genuine moment with a brave girl like that and still feel good about themselves. 

• Love 8

I have suffered family losses due to cancer as well, but I sure as hell hope people don't need to go through that to realize it's not okay to use that as weapon of any sort. I hope that guy gets a genital rash. Asshole.

• Love 7