Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I did like Sara and it was kind of sad to hear CL say that she didn't think we'll ever see any of Sara's LOA backstory and history with Nyssa.

That's another confirmation that CL turned them down. That's a different tune then she had at earlier cons where she said she'd love to do flashbacks for Sara's time in the LOA. I wonder how awful the Canaries episode is?

Did CL see that script and go "nope, I'm done." It probably is going to be Sara propping up Laurel and saying how awesome she is and that she's better then her.

• Love 4

Is it just me who finds the title of the article hilarious?

Woman holds hand with boyfriend... THE SHOCK! THE HORROR!

It's one thing pointing out that they went together, and another thing specifically referring to hand holding. 

Edited by doesntworkonwood
  • Love 5

I would have thought she would at least used the Portland con to get people excited since her arc is starting. She could always go to the premiere parties with her bf on the 14th. I guess she gets more press as girlfriend of her producer bf.

I would have thought she would at least used the Portland con to get people excited since her arc is starting. She could always go to the premiere parties with her bf on the 14th. I guess she gets more press as girlfriend of her producer bf.

The people who would go see her at a con are probably already excited about her arc. And she probably got to network with a bunch of people last night that she normally wouldn't have had the chance to meet.

• Love 2

We already knew that KC barely thinks about the character she plays, and doesn't at all think about the other characters. That just shows that she doesn't care about Arrow that much. I'm beginning to think that's why SA is not that excited to work with her. He really cares about making this show something great (even when the EP's keep screwing it up) and she doesn't. It's hard to work with someone when they don't care about their job. The rest of the actors, including CL seem excited to be a part of this show. Which also explains why Cassidy doesn't put much thought into her character. She appears to just read the script, collects the paycheck and goes home.

If she doesn't like this show or think it worth her time, why doesn't she get out of her contract. She has a producer boyfriend now, he can support until she gets another job. One that she does like. Let people who like and enjoy being on Arrow be on Arrow. She can't another job while being contracted to Arrow anyway.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I understand wanting to support ones SO at a premier or other important event but IMO this seems like a really bad idea especially when her character is getting a huge arc and becoming the Superhero she couldn't wait to become. She is not obliged to do any cons so she shouldn't schedule them if she just going to cancel most of the time. If she keeps doing th is she'll piss off the Laurel as BC contingent.

• Love 2

I understand wanting to support ones SO at a premier or other important event but IMO this seems like a really bad idea especially when her character is getting a huge arc and becoming the Superhero she couldn't wait to become. 

I'm sure she went there to support her boyfriend, but she also went there to be seen - same with the Golden Globes. And look, she networked and she got her name in the entertainment/gossip blogs - something that wouldn't have happened if she'd gone to a con. 

You absolutely have a point about canceling and disappointing her fans. That could definitely become an issue, but as far as what was the smartest move? Going to the PGA awards wins by a landslide. 

• Love 3

Going to the awards in support of her SO and to be seen versus supporting her own show in which she is on paper Co lead and is getting a major character defining arc that changes the show significantly? Eh I think it shows that her priority does not lie with Arrow even though she is now getting what she has always wanted. If it's poor planning of her time she needs better managing. If this was the first time I wouldn't really be questioning but it's not.

• Love 2
matthatter4u asked:

Was curious sir, what is a normal day like for you? Are you always working, envisioning new and greater ideas? Have you ever met a celebrity or person you were beyond giddy to have that chance to meet? Thanks for great TV...

The thing about running a show is that there really is no “normal” day.  I tend to get into the office around 9:30 and leave between 7 and 7:30, but everything in between can and does shift and change moment to moment. Some days, I’m able to focus on writing.  But there are other days when I’m going from meeting to conference call to meeting to phone call.

As for your second question, I once had the opportunity to meet Billy Joel — who, if you follow me on Twitter, you know I’m a big fan of — and even though I’d been working in Hollywood for a few years at that point, I was still a blithering idiot in his presence.  Which is a shame, because I regret not being articulate enough to tell him how much his work has inspired me as  writer.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

Oh, I think her priorities definitely don't lie with Arrow. But apart from people deep in the fandom, who would've even known she was supposed to be at a con? No one. In fact, I bet there are people who are deep in the fandom who didn't even know she was supposed to be there. Supporting her boyfriend and going to awards shows like that opens doors for her that being on Arrow and going to cons never, ever would. 

Edited by apinknightmare

I don't think her not going to a con is a big deal WH, EBR and CH never to to cons and I'm sure they take Arrow seriously. Going to the PGA is better for Herr career anyway. And she went their to support her BC. The people who would go to her cons would already be fans of her character.

It's not like cons are mandatory in anyway.

I don't think her not going to a con is a big deal WH, EBR and CH never to to cons and I'm sure they take Arrow seriously. Going to the PGA is better for Herr career anyway. And she went their to support her BC. The people who would go to her cons would already be fans of her character.

It's not like cons are mandatory in anyway.

It's not that she doesn't go to cons, it's that she signs up to go and then cancels at the last minute because of "scheduling conflicts" and then is seen on red carpets or whatever it was that she was at last night. I believe she has also cancelled her appearance for another upcoming con (not the one that is the same weekend as filming the finale). Either sign up and stay committed to them, or don't sign up at all. It seems like she signs up for them because it will get her exposure or whatever but the minute something else comes along that would get her more exposure she does that instead. Arrow related or not. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 11

I watched this video of Caity and Emily being interviewed and they were adorable, seemed like they were great friends and it made sad for the fact that Sara was killed and yet again a potentially awesome Sara/Felicity friendship was thrown in the trash to push Laurel as BC :( Caity even teased Emily and said "Now you get my sloppy seconds" Emily Called herself Emily Bett LOTZ lol.

• Love 2

Going to a con costs money. Sometimes, people travel to another city (or country) to attend one; so, that means traveling expenses and a hotel room on top of the cost of the con itself. If you get there, and the person you want to see is a no-show, not only is that disappointing, but it can feel like you've wasted your money, Yeah, I know you take the risk that the stars might not be able to make it when you decide to go, but I feel like they need to really try to show up or they're being disrespectful to their fans.

I don't think Katie Cassidy takes these cons, and the fans who attend them, seriously enough, and that's what rubs me the wrong way.

• Love 10

Aren't the cons usually scheduled in large advance, though? Maybe when she scheduled these she wasn't dating her current BF yet and didn't know she would have to attend these events with him. IDK :)

I'm thinking she cancelled the Indy Con so she can go to 50 Shades related premieres/parties, it's the same weekend.

Isnt she part of 50 shades or did that never pan out? I thought she had a role or something.

This Caity Lotz fan site posted tweets and pics from the Wizard World Comic Con in Portland:  http://caity-lotz.com/2015/01/wizard-world-2015-panel-tweets/#more-500

In addition to what's already been posted above in this thread, here's more from CL:

-- "Sara's relationship wasn't about being gay. It was about being in love. Man or woman, it's about love."
-- "I don't know if they'll dive into Sara's backstory, now that she's gone. Which is a shame."
-- "DC sent me the comics. But I took liberties. I felt like I could be my own character."
-- "I love the Arrow / Flash crossovers. It makes the universe richer and deeper."
-- "My Arabic name on the show doesn't actually translate to canary. I think it means yellow bird?" laughs

B8JNXxFCIAAAWzs.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

There was talk of her being cast as the main character's psycho ex girlfriend. Maybe she's trying to make that happen?

Well, dating the guy that's producing the movie can't hurt.

Pretty sure the role she was rumored to be after appears in the 2nd book...that's what I heard anyway.

• Love 1

I came across these videos of CL at other recent comic cons on YouTube (first video is short and cuts off abruptly, second video is long but quite good and talks about Sara's death among other things, Chad Rook was Weather Wizard on The Flash)...

Caity Lotz Wizard World New Orleans 2015
January 11, 2015

Caity Lotz and Chad Rook Q&A FANTASTICON MILWAUKEE 2014
December 11, 2014

Edited by tv echo

Aren't the cons usually scheduled in large advance, though? Maybe when she scheduled these she wasn't dating her current BF yet and didn't know she would have to attend these events with him. IDK :)

Then she has to make the professional decision to put her show and her leading lady/superhero status ahead of an event that came after her scheduled appearance. IMO she needs to honor the commitment she's made as part of the Arrow world and respect fans enough to think about the time and money they are spending to come and see her. 

Stephen has had to cancel a couple of appearances but he advised ahead of time and made profuse apologies on Facebook and explained why he had to cancel. EBR, CL and others seem to have done their level best to attend the cons they were scheduled to attend barring any filming conflicts or being nominated themselves for some kind of award. That I totally understand but what KC is doing IMO is unprofessional WRT to her actual primary job. 

• Love 5

Pretty sure the role she was rumored to be after appears in the 2nd book...that's what I heard anyway.

Yeah, the part was what apinknightmare says, and yeah, I think what I saw said that it was in the second book, so if she got it it would be for the second movie.

I'd like to hope that would take her away from Arrow, but from what I remember reading (or maybe someone here said it) I don't think it was supposed to be a large part.

ETA: To be clear, I haven't read the books. There was just an article several months ago speculating about KC being friends with someone, maybe the author of the books? Can't remember. Anyway. And that maybe she was being considered for this particular role.

ETA2: Here's the link to the article, from last February.

http://m.ibtimes.com/fifty-shades-grey-movie-rumors-katie-cassidy-responds-leila-50-shades-casting-nyfw-1554427

Edited by Starfish35

It's not that she doesn't go to cons, it's that she signs up to go and then cancels at the last minute because of "scheduling conflicts" and then is seen on red carpets or whatever it was that she was at last night. I believe she has also cancelled her appearance for another upcoming con (not the one that is the same weekend as filming the finale). Either sign up and stay committed to them, or don't sign up at all. It seems like she signs up for them because it will get her exposure or whatever but the minute something else comes along that would get her more exposure she does that instead. Arrow related or not. 

She has a con scheduled the weekend they are filming the season finale? The episode hasn't even been written yet. Its that a little premature.

She has a con scheduled the weekend they are filming the season finale? The episode hasn't even been written yet. Its that a little premature.

Stephen already had to cancel a con this year because they are filming season finale in April.

I believe it was the same con. Stephen Amell posted this on his facebook:

Hey everybody -- really sorry to say that I have to cancel my trip to Megacon this year. I'm always sensitive to our production schedule and this years event falls during the middle of filming our finale. Typically, we work the Saturday to ensure we wrap by our last scheduled day. So this is completely my bad. I should have considered production logistics before prematurely agreeing to come, but I was excited about the event and tacking on a family visit in Orlando with my wife's mom. Hope this doesn't ruin too many plans. I know that the organizers have plenty of fantastic guests lined up. Sorry again. SA

So Katie Cassidy has very legitimate reasons for cancelling that con, the one she did cancel was the Wizard World Indianapolis Comic Con because of "filming". However Paul Blackthorne will still be attending that one. 

Going to a con costs money. Sometimes, people travel to another city (or country) to attend one; so, that means traveling expenses and a hotel room on top of the cost of the con itself. If you get there, and the person you want to see is a no-show, not only is that disappointing, but it can feel like you've wasted your money,

Seriously, just ask Sheldon Cooper.

• Love 9

How is that woman 51. How?!

She's Asian, we don't age like normal people. It'll be fun when I'm her age but now it's annoying at 32 that everyone thinks I have a fake ID.

How many cons has KC cancelled now, 3 or 4? Mostly so she could attend fashion and award shows. I get that it's good for her career, but she can't really get another job while being contracted to Arrow anyway. If she's not that into it, she should ask to be written off. The EP's are still bending over backwards to fit Laurel into the show after 2.5 seasons. Unless of course she's done after this season. Which would be better for most it seems. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Ming Na Wen looks fabulous and I'm so glad she's finally getting recognition for her acting (still bitter that she was always the last in line on ER behind guest actors) but I bet she works a lot harder at the gym than I do.

I wonder if Sara will killed off when she was because she was getting too popular. Another year of her Canary and it would have been even more difficult to sell Laure's BC.

She doesn't have to attend events with him, she chooses to attend those instead of doing Arrow events. Although Arrow wasn't going to get her on the red carpet at the Golden Globes.  (Another year, fingers crossed.)

She was far more passionate about her fashion blog than Arrow last season, and now that she's finally involved in Laurel becoming the Black Canary, what she's most interested in is the costume.  I get the feeling that if she got a fashion show on TLC, she'd be off Arrow in a shot.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

So, did EBR ever say why she doesn't do cons? Or CH? (I'm not angry or upset, just curious).

no they've never said why. I'm guessing they just aren't interested in them tbh. Cons aren't for everybody. I mean you have to sit in front of a large crowd of people and answer questions and that's during the time when you aren't shooting and could be spending time with friends and family. Although EBR and CH did do that Spain tour last year but I think that was mandatory

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

After reading the summary all I could think about is that poor woman and how long she is going to have to be stuck in the make up chair. 

She should have a long talk with Wentworth Miller.

• Love 2

I hope KC makes tons of contacts who are clamoring for her to come work for them so badly that she does decide her best career path lies off the show.

Everyone's happy!

Those were my exact thoughts, you go Katie Cassidy you network the hell of these opportunities, and you just move on to bigger and better things! 

• Love 4

She doesn't have to attend events with him, she chooses to attend those instead of doing Arrow events. Although Arrow wasn't going to get her on the red carpet at the Golden Globes.  

Then she has to make the professional decision to put her show and her leading lady/superhero status ahead of an event that came after her scheduled appearance. IMO she needs to honor the commitment she's made as part of the Arrow world and respect fans enough to think about the time and money they are spending to come and see her. 

Yeah, sorry, I meant "had the opportunity" rather than "have to" attend. Not trying to justify her, I agree that she should honor her commitments, but clearly she prefers high profile events to cons, and she's going to milk this cow as much as she can. As you said, she made her choice. I wasn't that surprised, honestly.