Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Raise your hand if you are totally shocked by this announcement!

At least Nick has some sense of rhythm, so it shouldn't be too painful. It will be highly entertaining if he falls in love with his dance partner. 

I hope he's partnered with one of married/engaged pros like Lindsey, Witney, Emma, or Alison, so that he won't be able to hog screen time with a "showmance".

31 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I hope he's partnered with one of married/engaged pros like Lindsey, Witney, Emma, or Alison, so that he won't be able to hog screen time with a "showmance".

Fear not, there are always affair rumors that can get started :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

Can Fleiss actually forbid people from doing other ABC shows? And wouldn't it be stupid of him to forbid anyone from The Bachelor/ette to do DWTS, seeing as it's good publicity for the franchise? I think Kaitlyn is full of crap. Perhaps DTWS decided to ditch her at the last minute because they got a bigger celebrity, and she's blaming Fleiss to save face.

• Love 6

Yeah, that doesn't make sense about Kaitlyn.... I don't buy it... of course they wouldn't mind her getting publicity.  I think they suspect the B'ette's might get a little less recognition so they don't get invited as much.

Also, the season Kaitlyn would have been on (right after her season ended) Nick's name was the one that was actually being thrown around and it was more or less later confirmed that he was almost cast back then. That season was actually one of the most disorganized for DWTS - they were confirming celebrities and Pros literally the day before the big cast reveal on GMA. 

Kaitlyn is just whiny and pathetic and her "fans" so outraged on her behalf are even more hilarious because they're the ones calling Nick a famewhore for doing the show but apparently it was such an egregious act against Kaitlyn that she didn't get to do it. That is really my issue with Kaitlyn - her entitlement. Girl you are not owed a free wedding from ABC and DWTS and whatever else.

And then to feel entitled to these things all the while she never misses a chance to whine about how badly she and her great love story with Shawn was treated. Kaitlyn claims she practically had PTSD from how she was treated by the franchise and producers and yet is bitter Betty party of one for whatever "perks" she feels she deserved for being said Bachelorette. Girl bye. 

Also, isn't she the one always smugly crowing about still being engaged when everyone thought they wouldn't last? So I'm sorry, shouldn't she be satisfied and consider herself the winner because she found her "great love". I mean isn't that what this is supposed to be about (yeah even I can't type that with a straight face).

• Love 7

Not sure why Kaitlyn wasn't 'allowed' because I thought Trista had done the show in her time?

Anyway, it seems that most of the Bachelors end up on DWTS right after their season, so, no, this isn't a shocker to me.  Ben and Sean, I'm sure, were among those that did both.

Also, Melissa did DWTS right after Jason dumped her, and both Jake and Chris also jumped right into dancing after their season.

I call BS on the claim Fleiss forbids b/ettes from participating. It keeps his cash cow visible, so why not?

Also it's basically been confirmed Nick's partner will be engaged/new mom Peta, so a showmance is unlikely. Unless they go the route of Aleks and hand him crushing on someone that's not his partner.

Ben and Sean, I'm sure, were among those that did both.

Ben never did the show.

Pretty sure it's only ever been Trista, Melissa, Jake, Sean, and Chris (in that order).

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, McManda said:

Unless they go the route of Aleks and hand him crushing on someone that's not his partner.

And even that's unlikely, unless they say it's Sharna because everyone else is either married and/or engaged and I think even Sharna has a boyfriend but it's fairly new and not really public. But Lindsay, Kim (who's returning), Witney and Alison are all married, Emma is engaged, etc. 

And that's why I was amused by the Bachelor Nation's whole, "showmance and clearly he's not serious about whoever he picks, etc." because yeah DWTS has never shied away from showmances but in the most recent years pretty much most of the Pros are in relationships themselves and I feel like pairing him up with Peta pretty much solidifies they're not going there. 

11 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And even that's unlikely, unless they say it's Sharna because everyone else is either married and/or engaged

Maybe the troupe?

But yeah, I think far more detrimental to new bachelor relationships is the lack of real world adjustment than romance. These people have never been a normal couple ... and they're jumping into another reality show where one of them is busy all the time and bonding with fellow contestants and their partner (even in a non romantic way, because dancing involves a level of trust and comfort) when what they really need is to step back and figure out if a real world relationship can work for them

• Love 1

See I don't buy that so much, only because one, there haven't been enough contestants on the show to truly make a case one way or the other. I know some Bachelor fans seem to think DWTS is a right of passage for everyone but it's not and they've only been like 5 people tops to do the show. And of the ones who did, the two couples who broke up after, in my opinion, were always going to break up and had diddly to do with DWTS. 

It was so obvious that Chris chose Whitney because she was an on paper good choice and well Becca kind of didn't want him. These two could not have had seemed less intimately into each other. And really, Jake and Vienna - who didn't see that hot mess coming a mile away. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Nick and whoever he chooses won't be kaput like so many of these people too but I just don't buy that DWTS is what does it.

Not to mention that if it helps, Nick may be eliminated very quickly so it won't matter much. I don't think so just because Peta has a decent fanbase and for whatever reason, the Bachelor guys have managed to stick around for weeks even when they suck like Farmer Chris. But this season seems stacked with people like Simone Biles, Heather Morris, etc. Plus Peta might be glad to be eliminated early to be with her baby - that way she gets her paycheck for competing but doesn't have to stay too long.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2017 at 8:28 PM, chocolatine said:

Can Fleiss actually forbid people from doing other ABC shows? And wouldn't it be stupid of him to forbid anyone from The Bachelor/ette to do DWTS, seeing as it's good publicity for the franchise? I think Kaitlyn is full of crap. Perhaps DTWS decided to ditch her at the last minute because they got a bigger celebrity, and she's blaming Fleiss to save face.

He doesn't forbid them from doing WE  shows like Marriage Boot Camp. They all do Marriage Boot Camp ASAP. Jade and Tanner were on just a few months after their wedding. Basically, Kaitlyn makes no sense. 

(edited)

The contract thing is odd because it's usually to another network that is the rule. 

For example when you're on Survivor or Big Brother, you have a CBS contract and can't compete on a different network for a period of time. Usually a year from the finale episode. However, Bachelor and DWTS are both ABC. There's not going to be something that says you can't be on the same network.

Edited by Artsda

I'm just getting back online after the 5 day Mardi Gras Holiday so of course one of the first things I read is that Nick is going to be on the next season of DWTS.   Good to know that His long held dream is finally coming true.  

As for Kaitlyn and her non-appearance on DWTS, part of me thinks she's lying her ass off but another part of me is going "hmmmmmm".     Guess the truth will never be known unless someone with inside knowledge that is believable speaks up.

(edited)

Pretty sure there were rumors after Kaitlyn's season that she was holding out for more DWTS money and  negotiations with her fell apart. I was hoping she would be on just to see if she really could dance. Although only in DWTS universe is a Bachelor/ette considered a star. Unless there are some incredible real stars cast, I'm not watching Nick on it. 

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Pretty sure there were rumors after Kaitlyn's season that she was holding out for more DWTS money and  negotiations with her fell apart. I was hoping she would be on just to see if she really could dance. Although only in DWTS universe is a Bachelor/ette considered a star. Unless there are some incredible real stars cast, I'm not watching Nick on it. 

I just looked at the list and there isn't anyone to tempt me to watch--which I rarely do anyway.   I do think with Simone a shoo in to win, at least ole Nick won't be hoisting the mirror ball at the end of the season.

Not to go off topic in The Bachelor board but Simone is not a shoo-in to win in my opinion - Heather Morris, who is partnered with Maks danced with Beyonce on tour and auditioned for SYTYCD and pretty much stumbled into acting because her actual profession was dancer and Normani who is partnered with Val has also been dancing most of her life. This season has some of the biggest ringers the show has ever seen. But yes, in keeping this about Nick, we can rest assured that he's definitely not winning. And like I said above, Peta may be more than fine if they're eliminated early so she can be with her baby. 

• Love 1

Made me look -- I see pitcher David Ross from the Chicago Cubs World Championship team ("my" David Ross and "my" Chicago Cubs, btw) so now I'm in.  Damn. Will move my comments the DWTS boards, where I mght just say "Go away, Nick."

• Love 1
On 2/24/2017 at 4:01 PM, mistygracie said:

Hi! I'm a big Nick fan. I never watched the Bachelor until recently & I really Nick. I think he is a very cute and funny guy, but I don't understand all the hate he receives on twitter, facebook, instagram..etc I like him, and nice to talk to other fans.

I'm a Nick fan too, although I (like most people) wasn't always one. I think the hate that he still gets stems from the negative/villainous perception that he had when he was on Andi's season a couple years ago (which some people clearly haven't forgotten and probably never will). First impressions last and I think that the general public has yet to forgive him for the things that he has done and said that were pretty much taboo in the Bachelor universe (ie. talking about having sex with Andi in the fantasy suite, having sex with Kaitlyn before the fantasy suite, etc). Personally, I don't really take offence to any of that stuff mainly because I've grown to appreciate Nick's sense of honesty in a very dishonest, fabricated environment. I might be in the minority here but I've actually really enjoyed Nick as the Bachelor. Has it been the most romantic season ever? No...but I do think that Nick's vulnerability and his openness about his issues/difficulties regarding the process has made this season very emotionally compelling and more authentic and real in a weird way. I must say that it's been refreshing watching a bachelor that is human for once; someone who doesn't pretend to be worthy/entitled of the attention that he gets and who is honest about his concerns that things might not work out. Given his tumultuous past relationship with the show, Nick's concerns have always seemed justified to me and when others have enjoyed calling him a crybaby, I've always been able to sympathize with his struggles and give him the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone is ever going to like him--people will call him fake or boring when he doesn't act like an asshole and will call him an asshole when he says and does something that is outside of the Bachelor rulebook--but I'll tell you what I see when I look at him: I see someone who has made mistakes, knows he isn't perfect, has gone into the process with an open-mind but a skeptical heart, who knows what he wants and won't settle for less, who is not afraid to address his feelings no matter how ruthless and confusing they may seem, who cares a lot about not hurting the women but who's not afraid to challenge them at the same time, who sucks at juggling women on group dates, who has been kind and respectful and honest and sincere (maybe even to a fault at times), and who is emotionally invested in the process 100% but who is still a little cautious with his heart as a result of getting heartbroken twice in this environment in the past. I don't know if Nick finds lasting love...but I do wish him the best. Deep down, I think that he's a really good guy who had a really bad start in this bachelor/ette world. Personally, I don't hold it against him. 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, 1992austenlover said:

Personally, I don't really take offence to any of that stuff mainly because I've grown to appreciate Nick's sense of honesty in a very dishonest, fabricated environment. I might be in the minority here but I've actually really enjoyed Nick as the Bachelor.

I have very much enjoyed Nick as Bachelor, for many fo the same reasons. He is emotional and open and very, very human and I love how much he just doesn't give a damn about playing by the show rules. He breaks the forth wall all the time, looking at the camera, talking about things as if he's aware he's on the show. And I love how he asks actual questions and listens to the answer. What I have hated about this season is how much of it was swallowed by the Platinum Vagine. I would actually have liked to see more of Nick's falling for his chosen one.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I have very much enjoyed Nick as Bachelor, for many fo the same reasons. He is emotional and open and very, very human and I love how much he just doesn't give a damn about playing by the show rules. He breaks the forth wall all the time, looking at the camera, talking about things as if he's aware he's on the show. And I love how he asks actual questions and listens to the answer. What I have hated about this season is how much of it was swallowed by the Platinum Vagine. I would actually have liked to see more of Nick's falling for his chosen one.

Thanks for commenting! I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm watching a completely different show from everyone else. Nice to know that I'm not alone in my opinions lol. :) 

Edited by 1992austenlover
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, 1992austenlover said:

Thanks for commenting! I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm watching a completely different show from everyone else. Nice to know that I'm not alone in my opinions lol. :) 

You're definitely not alone! I agree with every word of your post.

• Love 3

Hell, I actually liked Nick for calling out Andi back on her season. Admittedly I did not watch the whole season, couldn't look at her smug face for that long, but I have heard enough about it, read enough about it and seen enough clips of it to get the overall idea and good for him for not shying away from the question and not pretending this is some stupid fantasy land where they kiss chastely and fall in love. I love that he points out that this is all just a farce. We've known it for years but the 'cast' still mostly pretend. I found him a very refreshing bachelor. I also think he's hot as hell, mostly because he's not a raging, testosterone driven he-man. And he's honest about what all the rest of them lie about. He's called out for being a player, only being there for fame. I say, hell, at least he's open about it, unlike all the other fame whores who want to get chased by a bunch of hot women. They are all the same, Nick is just a bit more transparent about it. He's also a lot more considerate to the women and seems to genuinely want to know them as people.

• Love 8
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

What I have hated about this season is how much of it was swallowed by the Platinum Vagine. I would actually have liked to see more of Nick's falling for his chosen one.

This so much. In my opinion Nick hasn't been the problem this season, it's been the editing but naturally he gets the judgement for it and is being labeled the worse Bachelor ever. Like I even see people blaming him for the constant TBC and I'm baffled by that because Nick isn't responsible for editing the show. I definitely think the producers overplayed the Corinne stuff and I also think they clearly wanted to sell the storyline that the two-time loser on the show may very well end up alone again.

So they've downplayed his connections with the women to the point that of course people are saying they're not seeing any and the season is a wash and if he picks someone it'll never last. And just like I said in the episode thread, I do think the person he likely had his strongest connection with was likely Vanessa and maybe his actual failure (if you want to see it that way) as a lead was that he couldn't fake it very well with multiple women. So the editing did a hatchet job on the relationship with the woman he actually wanted and the ones they tried to build near the end, like with Raven, no one's buying because it's obvious Nick's not that into her.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

This so much. In my opinion Nick hasn't been the problem this season, it's been the editing but naturally he gets the judgement for it and is being labeled the worse Bachelor ever. Like I even see people blaming him for the constant TBC and I'm baffled by that because Nick isn't responsible for editing the show. I definitely think the producers overplayed the Corinne stuff and I also think they clearly wanted to sell the storyline that the two-time loser on the show may very well end up alone again.

So they've downplayed his connections with the women to the point that of course people are saying they're not seeing any and the season is a wash and if he picks someone it'll never last. And just like I said in the episode thread, I do think the person he likely had his strongest connection with was likely Vanessa and maybe his actual failure (if you want to see it that way) as a lead was that he couldn't fake it very well with multiple women. So the editing did a hatchet job on the relationship with the woman he actually wanted and the ones they tried to build near the end, like with Raven, no one's buying because it's obvious Nick's not that into her.

I completely agree with this. Especially the part about Nick not being able to fake his feelings very well for multiple women...I've said the entire season that Nick really sucked at juggling the women on his group dates but that he was always very good on his one-on-one dates when he had the time to try and develop real connections without having the distraction of dealing with the extreme weirdness of the process (ie. the dating multiple women at once part). I honestly think that the reason why Nick was able to fall in love during the bachelorette was because, due to his position within that show, he was able to simply focus on developing a connection with one women (Andi or Kaitlyn) and did a very good job at blocking out the weirdness of the situation by pretty much pretending that the other guys didn't exist (his overconfidence was almost like a coping mechanism in a way--he was able to fully give himself to the process by choosing not to focus on the other men so that he could focus on the relationship in front of him (this made him the villain but he clearly didn't care about that)). However, because he's the bachelor, he can't afford to be in denial; he can't escape the fact that he has to juggle multiple women and their feelings and because he has been there and knows what the women are going through, I think that he is super concerned about not doing them wrong or hurting them the way he was hurt which is why he's been struggling a lot throughout the season. It gets on my nerves when I read people say that this season would be nothing without Corrinne because I honestly think that the show would have been better if she wasn't the centre of attention all the time so that they could have focused more on Nick's journey with his chosen one. Though I've really enjoyed Nick and this season as a whole, I won't deny that it has been lacking in romance...and I think that a little more time spent on developing his relationship with his final 3 would have probably made it a little better. Just my opinion. :) 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I think this season's DWTS lineup is actually quite impressive compared to past seasons. I give Nick three weeks, tops.

I agree, he'll go early. It's going to be Glee vs Olympian Gymnast. The girl from Glee was a professional dancer, she used to dance on Glee all the time and Olympians do well at DWTS.

(edited)

I wouldn't write Nick off so quickly. All the previous Bachelors have made it to at least mid-season and they've all been mediocre in my opinion. Coupled with that, he has Peta who has a fairly decent sized fanbase of her own. Not to mention that the producers may play up the "new mom, struggling to get back into her professional mindset" angle, what with Peta literally giving birth six weeks ago.

Yes, he won't win, not with people like Simone there (Heather is not a shoo-in because there is already major backlash about her being a professional dancer) but there are plenty of others that I don't think will be amazing either, e.g. Charo, Mr. T, etc. And that's usually enough to get someone through a number of weeks. 

Just going to edit my post to add this - Kaitlyn explains why she called Fleiss out.

Here's the thing, she's not wrong about it being unfair to have one standard for the male leads versus the female leads and from everything I've read about Fleiss, I absolutely don't reject the idea of there being some inherent sexism behind it either. That said, I'm sorry, I'm not going to feel bad or care about this woman's outrage over the fact that she didn't get to go on DWTS, didn't get a reality show about her relationship and/or a free wedding. 

I maintain what I said above, Kaitlyn is not owed or entitled to any of these things. There are people with real problems in the world and I'm supposed to care that boo-hoo, she didn't get her fancy paid for free wedding from ABC and got to extend her 15 minutes on DWTS? Like give me a break. It also does not help that Kaitlyn still does not take responsibility for how she ruined her own season. She still puts it all on the producers about how awful she and Shawn and their relationship were treated but the fact is the producers did not make her spoil the damn season so blatantly or sleep with Nick pre-FS. 

Yeah Nick blabbed on a plane too loudly before Andi's season but one, RS had already spoiled that Nick was F2, so that only confirmed it and two, they then edited him as the villain of Andi's season and he proceeded to be the most hated person from her season. Kaitlyn season was going to be a perfect one to make RS look stupid because he was adamant that she chose no one. But then because she's a moron, she basically snaps her and Shawn in bed and sends it to everyone and there went the big surprise season ending.

And that's not even mentioning all the rules she broke during the season with Shawn (and Nick for the record, like telling him she loved him numerous times) causing them to cancel HTD because the other guys could all see how much of a waste of time the season was. But she takes no responsibility for any of that and just sits around making money shilling on IG, being wasted and bitter about all the things she didn't get that she apparently thinks she was so deserving of. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I do think the person he likely had his strongest connection with was likely Vanessa and maybe his actual failure (if you want to see it that way) as a lead was that he couldn't fake it very well with multiple women. So the editing did a hatchet job on the relationship with the woman he actually wanted and the ones they tried to build near the end, like with Raven, no one's buying because it's obvious Nick's not that into her.

Yeah, I feel like they have pulled back from showing Nick with Vanessa because it feels so obvious she wins, now that we know it's not Rachel, the only other person I saw any real relationship connection with. Corinne was 100% physical connection. I don't see an actual connection with Raven. I'm sure he thinks she's hot but I don't see him truly into a life long commitment with her. The way he has looked at Vanessa speaks more than any of the words he's saying to any of them. So to downplay that they are distracting us with all kinds of BS making him come across as a terrible bachelor when, if they showed us the love story instead, I think he would have been one of the best.

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I maintain what I said above, Kaitlyn is not owed or entitled to any of these things.

THIS! She is not the only person that didn't get all these perks she thinks the show owes her. Maybe she should think about getting a real job. lol

• Love 3

I didn't watch Andi or Kaitlyn's seasons, and I've never watched BiP, so this is my first time watching Nick. What I like about him is he consistently calls the Bachelorettes "women" ... even when Chris Harrison says something about the "girls," Nick responds with, "Well, the women ..." and it makes me cheer.

I also think he truly likes women, unlike some misogynists who have been in the same role over the years (first one I think of: Jake), and I think it just kills him to hurt them.

One last thing; I'm the youngest of a large family (9 siblings) so I feel an automatic solidarity with another big family person, and of course I attribute all his best qualities to the fact that he has so many siblings. : )

• Love 11

I just think there are things Nick has been judged for as the lead or comparisons made without considering the different role he is in now. It's like how I always roll my eyes over the comments about how different he was on BIP. Nick wasn't different on BIP, he just wasn't competing against 29 other men for one woman. And he was in an environment where we got to see the friendship side of him. The guy who legitimately forms friendships with women without any desire for a hookup with them. 

Then there are the comments about him not looking as into any woman on his season the way he did Andi and Kaitlyn. Okay, putting aside the fact that I never saw anything but lust between Nick and Kaitlyn, on both of these seasons, Nick was the contestant and competing for these women. In other words, he could show how much he was into them and in fact that was likely encouraged by the producers. The contestants after all are supposed to fall in love with the lead or at least delusionally believe they are. That's why it sometimes feels like the lead almost pushes the contestants who are a little cautious and skeptical to admit they're falling in love, knowing they're going to eliminate them. 

So there was no hesitation for Nick to show how into Andi or Kaitlyn he was when he was competing against a bunch of other guys for them. This time, he's the lead. He's supposed to have a poker face and is supposed to seem interested but not too clearly interested in one woman because then there's no mystery. Nick cannot be as physically and verbally into any of these women as he was on Andi or Kaitlyn's seasons or more specifically show that he is because then where's the mystery? 

• Love 8
(edited)
52 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I just think there are things Nick has been judged for as the lead or comparisons made without considering the different role he is in now. It's like how I always roll my eyes over the comments about how different he was on BIP. Nick wasn't different on BIP, he just wasn't competing against 29 other men for one woman. And he was in an environment where we got to see the friendship side of him. The guy who legitimately forms friendships with women without any desire for a hookup with them. 

Then there are the comments about him not looking as into any woman on his season the way he did Andi and Kaitlyn. Okay, putting aside the fact that I never saw anything but lust between Nick and Kaitlyn, on both of these seasons, Nick was the contestant and competing for these women. In other words, he could show how much he was into them and in fact that was likely encouraged by the producers. The contestants after all are supposed to fall in love with the lead or at least delusionally believe they are. That's why it sometimes feels like the lead almost pushes the contestants who are a little cautious and skeptical to admit they're falling in love, knowing they're going to eliminate them. 

So there was no hesitation for Nick to show how into Andi or Kaitlyn he was when he was competing against a bunch of other guys for them. This time, he's the lead. He's supposed to have a poker face and is supposed to seem interested but not too clearly interested in one woman because then there's no mystery. Nick cannot be as physically and verbally into any of these women as he was on Andi or Kaitlyn's seasons or more specifically show that he is because then where's the mystery? 

Exactly! I think that there are a lot of people who refuse to look at the situation from Nick's perspective and give the guy the benefit of the doubt because they are simply prejudiced against him/his past. Honestly, if he didn't have such a controversial past, I genuinely believe that more people would have loved him as the bachelor simply because of how charming, vulnerable, sincere and compassionate he has been throughout this season. Regardless of what happened on the bachelorette, I honestly believe that, as the bachelor, Nick has been very kind and respectful to the women and it's a shame that he doesn't get enough credit for all of the things that he does right. Is he perfect? No....and I'm glad that he's not. I think that he has come across as human in the best way possible and I think that he deserves more credit for that too. Seriously, the way people talk about him on social media sometimes you would think that he's been worse than Juan Pablo. It's absolutely ridiculous...but tis life, I suppose. lol

Edited by 1992austenlover
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I just think there are things Nick has been judged for as the lead or comparisons made without considering the different role he is in now.

That makes a lot of sense given that, even some fan favorite/less controversial contestants ended up loosing a lot of fans when they became lead. I think being the lead lends to being more reserved with your feelings and of course you're going to be a "player", you're dating multiple people at once. In order to make a connection you're going to have to put yourself in the mindset, when you are with one, that she is the only person you are dating, which means making out when the moment strikes. I think it is very hard to come off well as the lead on this show. And if people already dislike you, you're basically screwed. lol

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

So he didn't speak out on the alleged stiletto attack, just the orgasm and ILY controversy? Intrastin'.

I'm surprised he spoke out at all considering the night the stiletto episode aired the part where she tells Nick about the cheating was not shown in central Arkansas where she and the doctor live. It was replaced with extra commercials or other programming. Someone didn't want it aired and he's the most likely suspect. Which would explain why he didn't mention it in the article but I'm a little surprised he mentioned anything since I would have thought he wanted to stay out of the limelight. Must be what others have mentioned, that his ego couldn't take being labeled a bad lover. Which obviously in his mind was much worse than being a cheater. It could also mean her story about it was true and he doesn't have a legitimate comeback. I would think too that with social media and today's world of instant communication that even with the blackout of the story he couldn't keep it under wraps for long and thought it was better to at least quell the no orgasm, no ILY story. Being a man in a man's world I think his mindset was friends and colleagues wouldn't think too much of the cheating but would ridicule him for any perceived lack of lovemaking skills. He didn't want the cheating story getting out obviously but the no O, no ILY was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  

If anyone here likes podcasts, there is a great one out right now that really pulls back the curtain a bit.  Channel 33 from the Ringer Episode 270 Bachelor Party is with ABC's SVP of Alternative programming, Rob Mills.  It's a Bachelor Podcast, but the do talk about some other items, like the Oscar flub at the start.  Stick with it!

They discuss a lot of Bachelor history, including whether Kaitlyn was allowed/disallowed to be on DWTS, Bachelor greats, and some Bachelor duds.  I really enjoyed it.  Get it wherever you get your podcasts, or here: https://theringer.com/channel-33-podcast-pop-culture-sports-tech-6b4b4905ea54#.i2eprkdb2

5 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I'm surprised he spoke out at all considering the night the stiletto episode aired the part where she tells Nick about the cheating was not shown in central Arkansas where she and the doctor live. It was replaced with extra commercials or other programming. Someone didn't want it aired and he's the most likely suspect. Which would explain why he didn't mention it in the article but I'm a little surprised he mentioned anything since I would have thought he wanted to stay out of the limelight. Must be what others have mentioned, that his ego couldn't take being labeled a bad lover. Which obviously in his mind was much worse than being a cheater. It could also mean her story about it was true and he doesn't have a legitimate comeback. I would think too that with social media and today's world of instant communication that even with the blackout of the story he couldn't keep it under wraps for long and thought it was better to at least quell the no orgasm, no ILY story. Being a man in a man's world I think his mindset was friends and colleagues wouldn't think too much of the cheating but would ridicule him for any perceived lack of lovemaking skills. He didn't want the cheating story getting out obviously but the no O, no ILY was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  

I can see all of this turning in his mind.  Still, if it's a matter of ego, I'm surprised he was okay with being known as the one who got a stiletto beatdown. To your point, I assume the vast majority of people had no clue who he was, so he could have just let it slide.  But hey, a lot more know him now, ha! 

10 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

... Being a man in a man's world I think his mindset was friends and colleagues wouldn't think too much of the cheating but would ridicule him for any perceived lack of lovemaking skills...  

This makes me think of the opposite possibility, as in the Sopranos when Uncle Junior could never live down the derision after the gang learned he had gone down on his girlfriend, quite the weakness in their eyes, so he smashed a pie in his girlfriend's face and broke up with her. Great scene.

• Love 1