Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Primetime Emmys - General Discussion

Message added by formerlyfreedom

A reminder that all Primetimer rules and policies are in effect during live chats, including politics policy. Please stick to discussion of the show. Thank you.

• Start Topic

OK, I'm not paying attention apparently.  I was just about to complain about Colbert making everything about him when Fallon won.  That bit is getting old.  But apparently Corbert won.

Edited by ParadoxLost

Seth said she has played roles from "Charlies' Angels" to Watson.  "And you're trying to tell your agent YOU have range."  meh.

Edited by jjj

Seth said she has played roles from "Charlies' Angels" to Sherlock.  "And you're trying to tell your agent YOU have range."  meh.

So much range. Unexpressive bad ass who does kung fu... to unexpressive doctor who... rehab... I don't know. I could only watch 2 episodes of Elementary.

• Love 1

Fallon and Colbert together reminds me they will be in direct competition next year (and I mean both on network shows) and that makes me sad

Will they go back to being eternal enemies for six months? I love Stephen ( and Fallon ), but I would be shocked if he gets an Emmy for The Late Show. I think the brilliant thing about the Colbert Report is the  "Stephen" character. It might give Fallon a chance to win.

• Love 1

What were Phillip Seymour Hoffman's and Lauren Bacall's ties to TV?

Peter Dinklage's clip was so awesome. I found "Breaking Bad" to be a silly show and so was disappointed in Aaron's win. Cute shoutout to his wife though.

Well, I do love me some dead people lined up...that was actually kinda nice.  I would concur that Sarah B was a wee bit off with the song, but it was a nice selection.  

Boy, I can remember my mom and dad both sitting down to watch The Rockford Files, and they rarely enjoyed any television shows together. Yeah, that whole generation is nearly gone - so many that were in the early television shows like Philco Theatre, or they guested on I Love Lucy or some other show.   

Edited by CherryMalotte

Supporting actor really could have gone either way, I think.  I leaning towards Peter Dinklage for his big trial speech, but I guess voters wanted to give Aaron Paul a trophy for the final season.  Still, he was good, so I certainly won't complain.

Wow, that In Memoriam was hard to watch.  So many recognizable faces, who played classic characters have left us.  Sad.