Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

mad maverick. Count me in on wishing the proposal had been delayed so I could have got the benefit of a full on romantic scene between them that I had long been anticipating. Instead the enduring image that's stuck with me whenever the proposal is mentioned is of a gloomy faced Castle on bended knee holding out that big rock to Beckett with all the enthusiasm of a man about to undergo a prostate examination. 

Upon reflection I wish the season had ended on Still with them both kissing happily, clearly in love, walking away symbolically arm in arm with the promise of an engagement to come. Instead I had to endure insecure Beckett and that cheerless ending. 

I agree that an expression of commitment was what the relationship needed at that point, and I wanted to see one, but I wish it didn't culminate in the least romantic proposal ever. It wasn't the right time or place for a proposal coming off the way they'd handled their conflict. The proposal was unnecessary imo and I thought it was too soon after what had just happened, but AM obviously wanted that dramatic cliffhanger and that took precedence over any characterisation considerations. ;) They could have had a heartfelt make-up where Castle offers to move to D.C. with her, and spells out his commitment to her without a proposal, which when it happened, should have been an overwhelmingly joyful and romantic occasion, unsullied by fighting beforehand.

My proposal would certainly rival that one for the "least romantic". Lol...while I had no fighting beforehand, at least Castle got down on one knee. Castle's was a little morose, yes, but I think they addressed that a bit in the premiere with Castle saying that he was serious because it was the most serious thing he'd ever done. I think that told a lot, given that we know Castle is a "grand gestures" type of guy. He didn't propose in that way to be romantic or to make a great story, he proposed to show Beckett his commitment to their relationship. And I never found it surprising that Beckett had no problem with how the proposal went down. I actually found it more surprising this season that Beckett wanted a traditional wedding with lots of guests, etc. LOL...I don't doubt that the proposal went down the way it did for dramatic effect (I was certainly surprised), but didn't feel that it was really inconsistent with the characterizations of the characters we know. As for it being "sullied" by fighting beforehand, if Castle had proposed impulsively during a fight or to end/win an argument, I would have agreed. But, in this case, it was clear that Castle had really thought hard about where his relationship with Beckett was headed and that he wasn't doing it to end the argument but to commit to working through the problem together. It didn't feel sullied to me...it felt real. I will admit thought, that I get really uncomfortable watching grand romantic/sappy proposals with deep professions of love, so I may be a bit biased.

Edited by Snoopy
  • Love 6

I agree, but I mistyped originally. I'd be absolutely fine with no simmering "mythology" but that doesn't seem like Marlowe's style. I'm OK with something as long as it is interesting and I'm glad they've wrapped up Beckett's mom's murder and hopefully keeping 3xK to a minimum. I think the biggest problem with this mythology they like to add in is that they tend not to carry it over at all to other episodes anymore. At the beginning, even though they only focused on Johanna Beckett a few times a season, it was part of who Beckett was and felt like it had an overall impact on many episodes. The last two seasons, I feel it was "put away" a little too neatly between arc episodes. Just a mention of Castle and Beckett's investigation between ITBOTB and Veritas would have been a way to stop us all from saying "huh?" when Beckett revealed they'd been doing it together for 6 weeks.

Even one mention of what they were up to before ITBOTB would have been better than nothing. Continuity really does help sell a story to an audience when you want to build tension, drama and interest. But I'm thankful that in S6 Marlowe finally appeared to have had enough of Beckett's mom's murder, they had reached a dead end and were getting into eye roll territory for me with the possible run for President of Senator Bracken. I was starting to worry Beckett might end up raiding The White House at some point.

As for 3XK, they'll need something to fall back on drama wise in case the "new mythology" doesn't work and I expect another outing in S7. I would like that wound up too if possible next season, Jerry Tyson always being one step ahead of them is getting predictable. Serial killers as evil super villains who never get caught I don't find particularly that exciting. Too many shows have already been there and done that and after a while it starts to get silly.  

Edited by verdana

Agreed, Verdana. I think 3XK should have ended with Probably Cause. That was a great, surprising way to bring him back and Castle adequately shot him off a bridge and into the water with no rescue in sight. Disciple is one of the few episodes over the entire series that I have little interest in re watching. Unless they find a really interesting way to bring him back, he can stay dead as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I absolutely believe that the powers that be along with the actors read forums and it may very well change their behavior. One example. I stated that a reason why Nathan could very well opt to move on from Castle after Season 7 is that he seems to want to target the younger viewers far-far more than he does the 50+ set (of which I'm a member, and which is a predominant part of the Castle audience). Thus, with his new-found popularity, he might want to move on to a show that targets his favorite age group, even if it means ending the show called "Castle" and peeving off some of the 50+ crowd. I also said that even on twitter, he seems to target the younger age folks, and pointed out that I'd never seen him knowingly retweet a fan in the over-50 age group (and I'll add here that I've followed him for years).

Well, about 3 days after I said that, he knowingly retweeted a 50+-year old fan. Maybe it was a coincidence...but I have reason to wonder and speculate.

And I also remember from a TWOP post that Terri Miller (spelling of her name may be wrong) tweeted that she was sad that TWOP was going away....a statement that could have been sarcasm ;-), but I don't doubt she reads this.

Thanks for making this an entertaining site, people. While I no longer consider myself really a fan of the show called Castle, I will likely watch in the fall because I enjoy your analysis. I think Marlow and Co are CRAZY if they don't read you.....YOU all are amazingly interesting and intriguing.

I really doubt Nathan Fillion cares what you or other fans think of his retweeting habits. Specific tweets, If it pertained to something controversial in some way, maybe, but I doubt he's going to start retweeting/responding to specific fans just because someone complained that he doesn't. He's made it pretty clear that he responds to tweets he finds interesting, funny, or to which he can respond in a funny way.

As for reading forums, I never said that they don't do it and don't take viewer feedback into account. I don't suspect it is Marlowe, specifically, doing it however, although I could see Terri spending some time on here. I also think it would be unwise for them not to keep their finger on what viewers are feeling and how they are reacting to stories. I just think they are more likely to listen to more balanced critiques of the show. If all a particular person ever does is complain about the show and talk about how incompetent/arrogant the writers and showrunners are, I probably wouldn't pay attention to their posts for very long. They'd just seem like a lost cause for me. On that note, I really like the new critique thread that was started because I think it is important to talk about what is working just as much as talking about what isn't working for us as viewers. :)

I also think that there are certain things that a writing team/showrunners isn't going to change regardless of how passionately the online viewer base doesn't like it. Especially on a show like Castle where ratings indicate that much of its viewership is a group that is less likely to be using social media. Certain things are essential to their storytelling vision and others, I imagine, go beyond writers choice and into network decisions as well.

• Love 2

The mascot is cute as a button, isn't that the dog one of them tweeted got a security pass a few weeks ago?  Must belong to one of the writers or crew. 

Edited by verdana

The mascot is cute as a button, isn't that the dog one of them tweeted got a security pass a few weeks ago?  Must belong to one of the writers or crew. 

Yep I think it's Shawn's dog.

I notice quite a few fans are paying close attention to Stana's tweets now for clues about what is going on during filming. It might have started when she posted a picture of some elephants with a comment and that was around the time of Veritas (then of course we got the tape inside the elephants). Then after the finale in hindsight fans said her series of tweets at that time told you things weren't going to end happily for Caskett. I think Stana loves to tease sometimes but equally at others her tweets are just about random things and some fans choose to read a lot of significance into them afterwards.

Much as I'd like Castle and Beckett to go on a nice date like most couples do or God forbid get a bit frisky in the bedroom (or anywhere for that matter), I've been so underwhelmed by their romantic "action" be it physical or anything else that I've given up being excited by teasing tweets of beds, pictures of couples kissing, glimpses of scripts with a possible suggestive line, or even obvious comments from the cast and crew that I'm due an amazing Caskett moment. I usually end up being thoroughly underwhelmed thinking how low the bar has got on this show when what I'm seeing is being depicted as sexy and the height of grand romance.  Although the Creaseys did have one of the better Caskett moments in their last episode so it could well happen again.  

snoopy. Probable Cause was the cut off point for me too on that story because the way he came back for revenge and then disappeared made sense. It was clear by his conversation with Castle that he was upset about their intervention before so wanted them to suffer in different ways but he also wished to disappear in the end so he could continue killing anonymously. His return (albeit using the good doctor) to create trouble with the implied threat he'd be back didn't really make sense and the less said about Beckett's over the top reaction to the song at the end the better. Now there's no logic as to why this guy's doing what he does seems to me, other than to use the "he's a serial killer, an evil genius, that's what they do!" line of reasoning. Any amazing thing that happens isn't explained properly other than to turnaround and say in shock and awe "it's 3XK he did it!" like he's developed superhuman powers and is not ordinary flesh and blood like everyone else. 

ETA I'm glad you have the same problem I do when naming that episode, I keep typing Probably instead of Probable drives me nuts. 

Edited by verdana
I think Stana loves to tease sometimes but equally at others her tweets are just about random things and some fans choose to read a lot of significance into them afterwards.

Agreed.  Some suggested that her break from twitter over hiatus was an expression of discontent with the finale, but I think that was reading way too much into it.  I think the poor girl just wanted a well deserved break from social media!  Every tweet isn't something to be deciphered.  It's more likely she's just sharing something she likes or finds interesting or tickles her funny bone.  Just as others do on social media.

I usually end up being thoroughly underwhelmed thinking how low the bar has got on this show when what I'm seeing is being depicted as sexy and the height of grand romance.

The bar really is so low these days.  Sigh.  Why?!  Almost cheering when we get something that doesn't involve sitting apart on the couch sipping red wine and a 2 second kiss. ;)   I feel like Always was from another universe.  Nice as the end of SLTS was, shouldn't that be the kind of thing (heartfelt romantic moment +  better kissing) that we should be seeing regularly rather than hyped as a super special moment?  Maybe if we're to judge from the proposal and the way the wedding went down, they're simply not interested in depicting anything as sexy and the height of grand romance (which would be inexplicable in a romantic dramedy!), or their definition of that is markedly different from mine. ;)

Castle's was a little morose, yes, but I think they addressed that a bit in the premiere with Castle saying that he was serious because it was the most serious thing he'd ever done.

True that they salvaged the proposal somewhat in the premiere, with Castle saying all the right things, but for me, it should never have been something that required salvaging to start with!  A pivotal proposal moment should never be presented dramatically as "oh is he breaking up with me, oops, no, whiplash, he's actually proposing to me yay!!".  In my opinion, of course.  The emotional trajectory just didn't work for me.  Not just the intentionally cryptic proposal scene itself, but I thought the preceding Beckett/Dad and Castle/Martha scenes weren't exactly ones which inspired a lot of confidence in the characters and the relationship.  The build up/set up to the proposal was all wrong for me too.  Left me thinking the characters weren't really ready for an engagement.  If AM never intended or wasn't ready for them to get married after one season of engagement, then I wish he'd just ended that season with a renewed commitment, a declaration of intent in the relationship, a step forward like moving in together if AM wanted to create change, but he could have left the proposal for another time down the road.  It could have been done much better and AM would have obviously stretched out the pre-wedding story some more as he desired. ;)

Edited by madmaverick
  • Love 1

I notice quite a few fans are paying close attention to Stana's tweets now for clues about what is going on during filming. It might have started when she posted a picture of some elephants with a comment and that was around the time of Veritas (then of course we got the tape inside the elephants). Then after the finale in hindsight fans said her series of tweets at that time told you things weren't going to end happily for Caskett. I think Stana loves to tease sometimes but equally at others her tweets are just about random things and some fans choose to read a lot of significance into them afterwards.

ETA I'm glad you have the same problem I do when naming that episode, I keep typing Probably instead of Probable drives me nuts. 

Agree with all of this and to the name thing the amount of times I call Squid, Squall it's not funny. :)

t ended that season with a renewed commitment, a declaration of intent in the relationship, a step forward like moving in together if AM wanted to create change, but he could have left the proposal for another time down the road. It could have been done much better and AM would have obviously stretched out the pre-wedding story some more as he desired. ;)

Don't necessarily agree with your perception of the proposal (to each their own, right?) but I agree with you - They should have been married by the end of the season, especially after all the wedding talk throughout the season. I'm still hoping they pleasantly surprise us by having them get married in a low key ceremony in the first couple episodes. They've already monopolized on the wedding during a sweeps period, no need to do it again. Especially since they have this new "mythology" that they can pull out during sweeps. I doubt it will happen, but still holding out hope.

LOL...Probable just seems to be one of those words that doesn't want to be typed. Just typed probably again in that sentence. Plus, I've pretty much given up being typo-free when using the iPad to post. I hate typing on the thing but it is so much more convenient than anything else.

Think people are deciphering, or trying to decipher, Stana's tweets b/c of the hints that she obviously tweeted about Veritas. Elephants, something about full circles. 

I know celebs owe us nothing w their tweets but Stana could use hers to promote herself and her work more. Just my opinion. 

Think people are deciphering, or trying to decipher, Stana's tweets b/c of the hints that she obviously tweeted about Veritas. Elephants, something about full circles. 

I know celebs owe us nothing w their tweets but Stana could use hers to promote herself and her work more. Just my opinion. 

I think one of the tweets she sent around finale time was a link to the song "November Rain" which was seen as her hinting fans weren't going to get the happy ending for a wedding they wanted. I haven't paid strict attention to the words of that song, the only thing I do know is that it goes on and on and on.

I sense Stana isn't too bothered about tweeting to any great extent. She only seems to have got a twitter account because of Castle and at the start she didn't seem to use it much.  It's better now but she's not exactly prolific and into it like Nathan is. I'm sure she mentioned in that recent Greek interview when the guy said fans ask why doesn't she tweet more and she said something along the lines of she deserved to have a break sometimes. When I do check out her tweets and pictures they seem quite random and obviously personal to her not about the show that much, like trips she's made abroad or artists she's met or liked.  

Although certainly twitter forms an important part of promoting shows now, every star seems to have an account and if they don't they have one set up for them and are obviously encouraged to use it to interact with the fans and do their bit. I wonder if it's in their contracts? I do tend to admire those celebrities who decide to remain twitter free. And when I see all these tweets coming out almost every hour of the day I often wonder how many of these stars are actually personally tweeting in any case? It's probably some assistant. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

mad maverick. Agreed the dad/daughter and mother/son conversations in Watershed did not inspire confidence at that point and seemed a bit of a waste of screen time. I'd rather they had been speaking to each other much more in that episode rather than being kept deliberately apart right until the very end to prolong the angst. 

The bar really is so low these days.  Sigh.  Why?!  Almost cheering when we get something that doesn't involve sitting apart on the couch sipping red wine and a 2 second kiss. ;)   I feel like Always was from another universe.  Nice as the end of SLTS was, shouldn't that be the kind of thing (heartfelt romantic moment +  better kissing) that we should be seeing regularly rather than hyped as a super special moment?  Maybe if we're to judge from the proposal and the way the wedding went down, they're simply not interested in depicting anything as sexy and the height of grand romance (which would be inexplicable in a romantic dramedy!), or their definition of that is markedly different from mine. ;)

Yeah my feelings exactly, the kind of interaction I want to see on a regular basis along the lines of SLTS seems nothing out of the ordinary between two mature adults in love so what gives? Why this hesitant behaviour all the time when it comes to their romantic interactions? I know I keep asking but I'm genuinely perplexed by it. The writers end up making such a huge deal out of them kissing for a few seconds or hugging that it feels even more awkward when it does happen. I can almost see the fireworks going off and hear the drum roll. I must admit sometimes I start to wonder about the writers own relationships and what do they consider truly romantic behaviour?  It's funny because you have two sets of married couples in the writers room now so I would assume there's enough experience there to get the tone and balance right. As for Always, I've long accepted that kind of love scene won't ever be repeated, it was used to bring them together and that's it.

Edited by verdana

Verdana, I was counting the number of writers in that writers' photo and there are 13 writers + 1 dog (muse? heh).  Women aren't equal in number (they rarely are unfortunately) but not as underrepresented as in some other writers' rooms.  Voices of both genders should be heard.  Some of the people are writers' assistants, I understand.  But spread around 22/23 episodes, every writer should be capable of coming up with at least 2 solid episode ideas per season in my opinion (yes, I understand that every writer contributes to every episode, but in terms of actual writing credit for an episode). So there really shouldn't be any room for forgettable filler episodes.  And coming up with at least 2 solidly romantic scenes in each episode shouldn't be that hard as well, right?  These are paid professional writers who spend 5 days a week in a writers' room writing a romantic procedural.  Or do they spend all their time coming up with mostly weak COTWs? ;)

My feeling is that Stana almost exclusively re-tweets pics/videos/songs mostly from other sources these days because a) she likes those things and wants to share them, b) it allows her to maintain an online presence without tweeting anything truly personal.  May be a wise move considering she requires bodyguards, and the number of fans who stalk locations nowadays, analysing the background of every personal photo you may tweet.  It may be the nature of celebrity worship but I find a lot of the tweets to the actors with the over the top adulation to be kind of creepy (not to mention the abuse that comes as well).  It's interesting to observe the different twitter styles amongst the cast.  There's something to be said for maintaining some mystique in my opinion, and for promotion with a lighter touch.  I don't think the twitter promotion burden with Castle is too onerous, amounts to just one live tweet or two per season?  I did remember reading that it was (perhaps in part) Nathan's idea back in the day when he gathered the cast and told them to get on this thing called twitter heh.

Hm... will some Castle/Alexis mean less Castle/Beckett in 702?  Still curious as to why Beckett's not the one by his side investigating whatever.  There's probably going to be the excuse of the COTW keeping her busy while he does his thing, which may/may not end up linked to the COTW.  I just hope they remember that any episode without much Castle/Beckett interaction tends to be weaker.

Hm... Luke tweets that there has not been a photoshoot this season.  Another sign that the end is nigh?  Have we seen the last photoshoot of Nathan and Stana ever?  Let's hope there's still one less photoshopped photo opportunity in their future. ;)

Also, his fav celebs to style are Nathan and Stana. ;) 

Edited by madmaverick
There's something to be said for maintaining some mystique in my opinion, and for promotion with a lighter touch.  I don't think the twitter promotion burden with Castle is too onerous, amounts to just one live tweet or two per season?  I did remember reading that it was (perhaps in part) Nathan's idea back in the day when he gathered the cast and told them to get on this thing called twitter heh.

To have that air of mystery is so rare nowadays with celebrities where you can end up knowing what they had for breakfast, lunch and dinner, who they've just split up with, their political views and so on. The more I end up knowing about some stars the less I want to know, I like to watch them on screen but not have my illusions shattered by finding out what's behind the mask.   

The cast seem to pass the responsibility around of live tweeting which is proving so popular, I don't follow them but I know a lot of fans enjoy it. Most of them take part except Susan she's the one cast member not on twitter. Both Marlowe and Terri contribute as do the Creaseys, even Luke's got involved! I wonder if David Amann now feels pressured into joining the club after his summer promotion?  If he wants to stay sane he should resist, he can surely do without the hassle which will no doubt come his way from some quarters. 

Shame there aren't more women writers around generally not just on Castle. Obviously they need to be good enough to get the job done but I wonder how much tougher it is being taken seriously when you start out trying to make a name for yourself. Same with women directors, there are so few of them but there's no reason why they can't be just as successful and brilliant as their male counterparts but may be they never get the breaks because they get prejudged as not being capable enough in certain areas.

I agree mad maverick that as professionals the Castle stable of writers should be more than capable of thinking of sufficient, good, solid ideas and certainly there's no reason why they should be so sparing with their romantic moments over the course of a season. It's not even a case of feast or famine on Castle in the romance department - just famine really. Heh. 

As for Castle and Alexis off on their own little outing in #7.02, I don't mind too much as long as there's a good reason given for not bringing Beckett along and this father/daughter investigation doesn't soak up too much valuable screen time. Castle and Beckett are what sells, Alexis best serves the show I find when she's included in small doses not pushed to the forefront. 

Edited by verdana

Oh well, those shoots won't be missed by me, I hated the fact they looked so photoshopped they were awful but it might send some fans into a panic about the future if suddenly they've stopped. May be things are getting tight on the cash front as the show ages.

And as for Luke and Nathan. Jesus.  If Nathan is one of his favourites to style how the hell do you explain the results!

Edited by verdana
And as for Luke and Nathan. Jesus.  If Nathan is one of his favourites to style how the hell do you explain the results!

Mutual fashion blindness? ;)  The relationship obviously works for him since Nathan just tweeted more praise for him to his 2m+ followers. ;)

Mutual fashion blindness? ;)  The relationship obviously works for him since Nathan just tweeted more praise for him to his 2m+ followers. ;)

Yeah sadly that must be it.

Arrggh! I saw that tweet you posted on the other thread. *sigh* Don't encourage him Nathan! He's up to over 2 million now? Wow. Luke must be thrilled with this praise and promotion even Terri's joined in.  

And here is the list of writers in that tweet posted by Samantha earlier.

Retweeted by Terri Edda Miller

Dara Creasey @DaraCreasey  ·  15h

Writers' pic from L to R, last names the #Castle way: Amann Adler Frost Creasey Marlowe Miller Creasey Hicks Hanning Winter Waugh Roum Johns

One writer there I don't have much faith in and I wish she had departed is Roum sorry to say it, she's written so many dodgy episodes for me. 

Edited by verdana

Regarding live tweeting, @CastleArtDept is my favorite account to follow on Twitter.  He gives good behind the scenes accounts, and does respond to fans quite often. 

Many older shows skip photo shoots after some point. Bones skipped them for 3 years and just did a new one last year.

As @halwideman said, it's generally not an indicator of the end of the show, just an indicator that the show is old.

I could be wrong but I think it's also about the ratings and the buzz. 

Last season Grey's Anatomy did a photo shoot and that was season 10! 

Also? Are they going to recycle old pictures for the season 7 DVD cover?  Wouldn't they need Nathan and Stana to at least do one for that? 

The S7 DVD cover can use old pictures and be Photoshopped or use unreleased pictures. I could be wrong, but I don't see NF or SK just having pictures taken for the DVD cover if there is no photo shoot.

In other forums Stana gets a flack for how she handles her personal life. I find it refreshing.

Really? Why .. b/c she doesn't spill her guts about her boyfriend, their sex lives, their vacations, and selfies of them? I think celebs who choose not to talk about their personal lives are wonderful! You wouldn't walk down the street and stop a stranger and talk about your personal life so why do it w. your fans. I know some think so but you aren't their BFFs and they aren't yours and you're not entitled to know anything.   Said all that to say .. lol .. good for Stana and all celebs who keep their personal lives private. 

• Love 4

Queen Shonda .. long may she reign. One of the best television writers & producers ever! 

Okay, back to Castle .. I'd happily not have a photo shoot {b/c they are so damn generic & photoshop} but good, consistent storytelling in season 7 .. but that's just me. 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 1
I'm assuming you are being serious about Shonda so high five!

I'm absolutely serious. High five backatcha! :-} 

I see people complaining on twitter and bashing ABC about no photo shoot. Ugh. To each it's own, I suppose. Like I said .. give me good storytelling and they can keep the photo shoot. They are generic w. no theme and overly photo shopped so ..

ETA: Stana is in the latest issue of Good Housekeeping Magazine. Pictures have been tweeted on twitter. I stay away from tumblr but I would presume they are there as well. Stana is beautiful, as usual. That's a good photo shoot. Oh and yes the article is good too .. the parts I could read. 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 1

That's the world we're living in .. where the majority of "celebs" got said fame by spilling all their personal business and tweeting every second of their lives.

Thing is those people complaining, about Stana, are just mad, and nosy, that they aren't privy to her personal life.  They know who her boyfriend is and they talk shit about him and Stana hasn't shared or said anything. Why would she further open him and them up to more scrutiny of "fans" who can't separate Kate Beckett from Stana Katic. Fiction from real life?  

• Love 1

I'm assuming you are being serious about Shonda so high five!

Yeah while new pics are nice I don't so much care. Actors hate doing them anyway so the studio doesn't push unless they have to.

My favorite photo shoot was the one they did for the film noir episode.

I loved the film noir-themed photos too! So different and awesome! 

'm sure she mentioned in that recent Greek interview when the guy said fans ask why doesn't she tweet more and she said something along the lines of she deserved to have a break sometimes.

I did think it was interesting that she started tweeting again a couple days after that interview was released.  

But I don't think there's anything wrong with her taking a break or not talking about her personal life.  She doesn't owe the fans anything more than a good performance.

• Love 1

But I don't think there's anything wrong with her taking a break or not talking about her personal life.  She doesn't owe the fans anything more than a good performance.

Absolutely, if she stopped tweeting altogether I'm sure there are fans out there who would be bitching and whining about it demanding to know what's wrong. I don't understand this obsession with twitter and judgements that sometimes get made about people who choose not to join up (for whatever reason that's their business it doesn't make them freaks) or those that aren't overly enthusiastic users and refuse to spend their time tweeting like a mad thing details of their personal life and personal views for everyone to know about and pick over. 

Snippet from GMMR by Marisa on future casting for #7.03

Collins (who announced his casting on his Facebook page) will appear in the (planned) third episode, “Clear & Present Danger.” He’s set to play Tom Talmadge, “a tech start-up entrepreneur who was assaulted under mysterious circumstances.” (Perhaps the “invisible” killer case that CASTLE creator Andrew Marlowe teased?) - 

Stana looks beautiful as usual.  She looks younger and relaxed.  My favourite is that photo alongside the interview.  She looks like the girl next door coming home.  Or walking to meet her Ryan Gosling hehe.  Nice to see her in more down to earth clothes in a photo shoot for a change.  Big Sur looks beautiful too!

Whatever photos they eventually recycle for the  S7 poster and DVD cover, I hope they are not so sloopy as to change the colour of Nathan's shirt but forget to colour coordinate his sleeves as well!  That was really terribly done.

And here's Chad on his first day on Castle.

Chad Michael Collins @CollinsChadM  ·  8h
Had a blast shooting @Castle_ABC today. Thx for being hilarious scene padnahs @NathanFillion and @Stana_Katic. I shall do succubi research..

One writer there I don't have much faith in and I wish she had departed is Roum sorry to say it, she's written so many dodgy episodes for me.

Ditto.  Christine Roum does not portray the great Caskett interaction at all in her writings. She came aboard in season 5 during the time when the writing quality began to decline\deteriorate onward.  In S5-6, there was a noticeable change in Castle's character (more buffoonish, silly, and childish in several episodes). During seasons 1 - 3, Marlowe was not running the show.   ABC made sure people with previous experience acted as show runners (Jose Malina, Renee Echevarria, and Barry Schindel instead of Marlowe). Once those people left, the quality of the show went down.  AWM was forced to put Caskett together at the end of season 4, but he continues to stall getting them officially together (wedding) for as long as possible to the point that viewership will be lost. The "new" mythology is just more of the same. IMO

I see people complaining on twitter and bashing ABC about no photo shoot. Ugh. To each it's own, I suppose. Like I said .. give me good storytelling and they can keep the photo shoot. They are generic w. no theme and overly photo shopped so ..

This has been obvious for weeks that no photoshoot was forthcoming. The Castle fandom cannot see the forest for the trees.

I loved the film noir-themed photos too! So different and awesome! 

Shame, those promos never got a wide release. Also, this one from Season 4 which was only released at Comic Con.