Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

but they do seem overall more reserved with each other in the later blooper reels.

For what it's worth, Stana Katic would have moved from boyfriend to fiance to about to be married in that time. That would, I hope, lead to a little less physical interaction out of respect for her status.

Molly did a great job in that 7-01 first deleted scene.

That webmercial gets worse on every viewing.

• Love 1

I thought the extra was gonna be the webmercial without the auto tuned, special effects etc... but it's basically the same that was aired. I don't see the point of this extra since I was more interested in seeing the webmercial straight up like it was suppose to be a step up from Patterson's ones we see on tv.

Thanks to the original DS uploader and to verdana for linking them here.

Yeah, the webmercial on the DVD was pretty much the same one we got on the episode.  I was hoping for something more/different, but it's barely extended.

Castle DVD features and DSs and commentaries have always been quite lacklustre.  Efforts a step up from photoshopped promo poster but not by much.  Other shows offer a lot more for the DVD.

Mystery bones.  Heh.  At first I thought that was an ad lib by Nathan but no, the writers really did do a homage to Bones, of sorts.

I liked seeing all the ladies in the car together too.  Say what you will about Alexis, I do think Molly's quite a good actress.  Nailed the emotion in the car.

They don't seem to be interacting with each other as much, in terms of eye contacting, they are both just sort of existing in the same space.

That's how I would describe it too.  I think if we ever got a joint interview together, which I highly doubt, it would be like that.  And sometimes that's bled into their scenes which have affected the chemistry.   But those instances seem to have decreased a lot thankfully.

Did want to hear the boys' song but I guess they really want you to buy the single, eh? ;)

Thanks to the original DS uploader and to verdana for linking them here.

Yeah, the webmercial on the DVD was pretty much the same one we got on the episode.  I was hoping for something more/different, but it's barely extended.

Castle DVD features and DSs and commentaries have always been quite lacklustre.  Efforts a step up from photoshopped promo poster but not by much.  Other shows offer a lot more for the DVD.

Mystery bones.  Heh.  At first I thought that was an ad lib by Nathan but no, the writers really did do a homage to Bones, of sorts.

I liked seeing all the ladies in the car together too.  Say what you will about Alexis, I do think Molly's quite a good actress.  Nailed the emotion in the car.

That's how I would describe it too.  I think if we ever got a joint interview together, which I highly doubt, it would be like that.  And sometimes that's bled into their scenes which have affected the chemistry.   But those instances seem to have decreased a lot thankfully.

Did want to hear the boys' song but I guess they really want you to buy the single, eh? ;)

I haven't really noticed it in the actual scenes, when they are in character they almost always sell it as in love. But I noticed the difference in what they react when one of them got out of character in those bloopers. I know it's silly to speculate so much over these, but there's no new episode, so...

And I agree, Molly's a good actress. It's not her fault Alexis is so annoying.

I actually liked those bloopers because it was more messups than the cast making funny faces to an overlayed background song.

Things that made me laugh (and actually got better as the reel went on, imo):

Penny: Jerry Tyson is extremely dangerous and Kelly Nieman ...

Nathan: Is a bitch.

Nathan's reaction to "I'm just a girl looking for a dick".

Nathan: Now America's grandma's will get what's coming to them.  ... I guess he knows where Castle's audience is?

Nathan trying to gnaw off his ring (and finger).

Molly's reaction to Nathan's "Ladies and gentlemen, we're running low on fuel. We're going to have to get rid of all gingers on the plane."

Stana's offscreen "you're suck a dork" to Jon's explanation of what he hopes happens when Espo has to have dinner with Lanie's parents.

"Best detective squad in the country." "In the universe!" "For all!" and high fives. ... it was like a little superhero detective squad.

And the best (IMO) was Nathan and Molly's version of Jim Carey's spoof of Matthew McConaughey's Lincoln commercials. Those make me laugh on their own, though.

I picked up the DVD set (I need it to complete my collection!) so I hope to have some time to sit down and listen to the commentaries. I think they're interesting, but I know not everyone likes them. I like Jon and Seamus's the best.

Guessing the vertical blinds was reused from the hospital set.

Does Castle have a hospital set? I know when Private Practice was still filming they'd use their sets for hospital things because they were right next door.

ETA: Kind of suspect that some crew members and the official Castle account are tweeting pro Caskett things today. Someone is worried and pushing the word out that we aren't just getting 22 episodes of Alexis being a snot.

Is it kind of dumb that I think that's a good thing? If they're already getting feedback that people don't want to see a whole season of Castle/Alexis doing their thing while Beckett does hers ... maybe that means they'll try to fix it before they do too much damage to their formula of "writer follows cop for inspiration [and because he liiiiikkkes her]".

Crumbs are all we get to speculate on Kave, and like you said, there's no new episode so... at least we're not making senseless drama out of inoffensive interviews. ;)

To be fair, we put extra scrutiny on Nathan and Stana, but it's not like you can really tell much about relations between the other cast from the bloopers alone.  Jon and Seamus don't come across as extra intimate lol. 

And the best (IMO) was Nathan and Molly's version of Jim Carey's spoof of Matthew McConaughey's Lincoln commercials. Those make me laugh on their own, though.

Is that what it was?  I thought he was spoofing some movie...which Molly and others obviously got the reference to.

Jon does a sorority girl (?) impression very well.  He did one before in a previous season which really made me laugh too.

Esplanie just doesn't work for me anymore at all.  Not even in bloopers.  I either want to laugh or cringe.

Sometimes I wonder if Stana really flubbed that dick line or if she flubbed it on purpose to get a gag reel reaction.  She did throw in lines like wantint to f--- Castle's brains out previously.  Either way, it was funny and that dick line's probably the most risque the writers have been in a while.  It's not like we get much risque stuff visually.

I find it funny how the actors backtrack their steps whenever someone messes up.  It's like automatic rewind.  They must have to deliver the same lines for so many takes I can understand why it's deliver and delete, and moving onto the next.  There's no time for lines to be sent to long term memory.

Hoping for some contrast colours in wardrobe to the dark sets.  Jewel tones would be nice.  But if they're going for a darker, depressed vibe, then I doubt we'll see much light in wardrobe or on set.  My poor eyes!  And I see that Captain Beckett's wearing a tie again on her first day on the job.  Not really a big fan of that look, but we'll see.

Is that what it was?  I thought he was spoofing some movie...which Molly and others obviously got the reference to.

It sort of feels like a movie because of the tone (and since when does Matthew McConaughey do TV commercials?), but if you're interested, Jim Carrey's SNL spoofs are here and Matthew McConaughey's official ad is here if you want to watch. The SNL versions drag a little (like I find a lot of SNL skits do), but the beginning is funny,

For what it's worth, I think Nathan does a better MM impression than Jim Carrey, but Matt Damon's is the best.

Does Castle have a hospital set? I know when Private Practice was still filming they'd use their sets for hospital things because they were right next door.

I don't know if it was considered a permanent set but almost every ep had a scene in the hospital and since tptb finally tore down Beckett's apartment it seemed like the hospital had 3rd most screen time to the precinct and the loft.

IA that Esplaine doesn't work in any form. It kinda dragged in the blooper real.

IA that Esplaine doesn't work in any form. It kinda dragged in the blooper real.

The writers didn't know what to do with them, and in the end, neither did the actors.  Couldn't nail down the tone they were going for.

since when does Matthew McConaughey do TV commercials?

Since winning an Oscar and it's $$$? ;)  I was expecting him to say 'Just keep livin' in the ad heh.

Thanks for all the links, McManda.  So that's what Nathan was going on about, even if he was in a plane seat not a car seat.  Agree with your assessment that Matt Damon's impression is the best, followed by NF and then Jim Carrey's, although I did find the SNL spoof quite funny.  These kinds of ads never really work for me because it ends up feeling like a lot of pretty nothing.  Humour or something really attention grabbing in the ad work better for me.  

Anyone checked out the commentaries or the song?  How are they? 

Also, I wish they'd elevate some of the background characters to a Karpowski level of interaction.  I miss a character like her.  Felt she had more personality than Tory.

They make mention in the Driven commentary that the hospital set was built for that episode (and then subsequently used throughout Season Seven).  Plus it's cheaper to build a set that they'll use multiple times than go on location to a hospital like they did in the past (for internal shots anyway).

Thanks for the clip, I see Toks is fulfilling her badass credentials there with Castle if she kneed him where I think I'm surprised he's still standing lol.

But had to eye roll a bit that she's casually talking back to Ryan and Espo, two guys are yelling NYPD and pointing their guns telling me to get down I'm not going quibble about a dirty floor but I suppose this further cements her tough girl status. 

Here's the lyrics to that Ryan-Espo effort

But had to eye roll a bit that she's casually talking back to Ryan and Espo, two guys are yelling NYPD and pointing their guns telling me to get down I'm not going quibble about a dirty floor but I suppose this further cements her tough girl status.

I think they were going for the James Bond vibe, complete with quip in "badass" British accent. ;)

Between the kneeing and the big hairy spider, Castle needs some TLC from Beckett!

Some of the lyrics did make me laugh:

SHE THOUGHT HE A PEST

HE TRIED TO ROCK THAT VEST

THEY PROMISED TO LOVE AND PROMISED TO OBEY

They promised to obey?  When? :P

Should Shay Jean be giving up their day jobs yet?

Chad Gomez Creasey ‏@chadgcreasey  16 hrs16 hours ago

Martini is up for #Castle 804! The shoot has been a dream thanks to this incredible cast and crew.

https://twitter.com/chadgcreasey/status/638886336783499264

Chad tweeted what looks like the back wall of the bedroom in the loft and some fans are hopeful this signals a Caskett bedroom scene is approaching. May be so but if past experience is anything to go by I can guarantee they're going to get interrupted, probably by Alexis wanting to discuss their latest PI case with her dad. lol 

So we meet Hayley at gunpoint after she kicks Castle in the business, and yet she'll soon be a mentor to Alexis?  Wonder how that transition goes down. Reminded me a bit of how we met Inspector Hunt. 

And that interview with Toks was very good.  She's seems very committed to the show, talked about how she had only seen a few episodes before taking the gig, but choosing not to binge watch so she and her character could enter the Castle world with fresh eyes and fresh reactions.  And she added to the chorus of voices praising the cast and crew for their friendliness. 

So we meet Hayley at gunpoint after she kicks Castle in the business, and yet she'll soon be a mentor to Alexis?  Wonder how that transition goes down. Reminded me a bit of how we met Inspector Hunt. 

Yeah she's a strange choice of mentor, may be Hayley is going to teach Alexis self defence techniques and how to kick a guy in the balls.

Poor Castle he must be so used to getting pushed around these days that this kind of treatment is par for the course lol. 

And that interview with Toks was very good.  She's seems very committed to the show, talked about how she had only seen a few episodes before taking the gig, but choosing not to binge watch so she and her character could enter the Castle world with fresh eyes and fresh reactions.  And she added to the chorus of voices praising the cast and crew for their friendliness. 

She's right, Toks can bring whatever she needs to the role without worrying about anything in the past.

Asked whether she felt the weight of expectations coming into such an established show with such a key role, she admits, "I still do. It's very daunting for me. I take what I do very seriously, although it's only acting after all. I really like to make sure I'm doing a good job, not just for myself but I really want to give my fellow actors what they need. I want to give my directors what they're looking for. I want to bring to life what the writers were thinking. I definitely want to bring my best so that I can do what I've been hired to do. 

She comes over as hard working, level headed. I like that she said "it's only acting after all", sometimes the way certain actors talk has me wondering about their sense of self importance. I hope she has a great time and doesn't incur too much hate from so called "fans" that choose to attack her on twitter or on any social media. You don't have to like the character (I may well end up being one of them) but respect the actor, they're only conveying what the writers want you to see. Some fans seem to forget this and lose their manners and dignity.

Edited by verdana
Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn  

This season on #Castle..."Wrinkled sheets just aren't what they seam..." #CastleSeason8 #EriksTeases

If only they would be what they seem!

Watched videos on youtube of Nathan and Stana's past work, and alas, Castle ranks as having the least action.  There were steamier scenes on soaps and sitcoms than there have been on this crime procedural.  What a waste.  I wish they'd cut out ending any heat with comedy.  Mood killer.

You don't have to like the character (I may well end up being one of them) but respect the actor, they're only conveying what the writers want you to see. Some fans seem to forget this and lose their manners and dignity.

Here, here.  Amazing how much manners and dignity can be lost in even 140 characters. ;)

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan  

I once asked a fellow actor if he was listening to me. He said "sorry but when we're not talking about me I'm thinking about me" #beware

Oh dear.  I hope she gave him a good bit of unsolicited advice!

Susan Sullivan ‏@realssullivan  

Be a good listener.  People will love you for it!  It is also the secret of @Castle_ABC leads @NathanFillion and @Stana_Katic's chemistry.

Susan is really rocking it with all her advice tweets.

OT: But I just wanted to pop in quick and share a laugh with all of you. Someone of course took things I said here and brought them to another board. It's fine because it's all such old news now. But they called me a Prophet of Doom!

I thought you guys would find that especially hilarious since most of the scuffles I get into here are because I love everything about the show.

Sorry Wendy for being OT, but it was too funny now to share with you and everyone.

That can be your new username if you ever decide you want a change.

I saw the posts you were referring to and it did make me laugh too when I saw them.

• Love 1

OT: But I just wanted to pop in quick and share a laugh with all of you. Someone of course took things I said here and brought them to another board. It's fine because it's all such old news now. But they called me a Prophet of Doom!

I thought you guys would find that especially hilarious since most of the scuffles I get into here are because I love everything about the show.

Sorry Wendy for being OT, but it was too funny now to share with you and everyone.

No problem, ! I get a kick out of the irony of that statement!

• Love 1

There is one subject I haven't seen discussed yet and yes I believe the TPTB would go there.--- -"DIVORCE". ----- I can see the writers having a storyline about Kate getting a divorce to protect Rick. It would create big time drama put the show back in a WTWT get back together and this could easily last the whole season and also bring back the UST that been lacking. Resetting, rebooting or starting a new show, whatever you want to call it.

There is one subject I haven't seen discussed yet and yes I believe the TPTB would go there.--- -"DIVORCE". ----- I can see the writers having a storyline about Kate getting a divorce to protect Rick. It would create big time drama put the show back in a WTWT get back together and this could easily last the whole season and also bring back the UST that been lacking. Resetting, rebooting or starting a new show, whatever you want to call it.

But if they are wearing their rings as some photos have shown, I doubt that.

Hal Wideman, PoD.  It has a nice ring to it.  :)   I hope they don't go the divorce route, nor do I think they would,  But I think that would really make the show horrible.  Really horrible.  Unwatchable horrible.

• Love 2

I also think an actual divorce would be ... exactly what the show doesn't need, unless they're really trying to kill it. I think they're already pushing limits with a separation (despite whatever reasoning they throw behind it), but we'll see how that all plays out.

• Love 3
Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn  9m9 minutes ago

This season on #Castle...#Ryspotle feeds the comedic cravings of viewers worldwide. #EriksTeases #CastleSeason8

Ryspotle? I take it he means Ryan, Espo and Castle. If he's thinking along the lines of their usual "fun" dynamic I'll take a pass thanks, I don't enjoy watching the boys take advantage of Rick constantly and the supposed friendly banter doesn't seem that friendly these days. Rather like the Lanie/Beckett dynamic they're trying to sell me something (a strong bond) that doesn't feel very substantial. 

Erik Altstadt ‏@EAkorn  1h

This season on #Castle...Beckett is the ultimate badass...I'm not even teasing about that. She just is. #EriksTeases #CastleSeason8

Hmmm, why do I suspect a spot of damage limitation is being attempted here after that sneak peek/promo with Hayley doing her own badass routine.

I can't see a divorce honestly. There is no story there. If she divorced him or he her he wouldn't spend time investigating anything anymore.

I find that more depressing than hopeful. So many times they've had Castle 'stick around' because the show wouldn't work unless he sat there and just accepted whatever Beckett was deciding to do at the time.

In reality, the DC situation should have been the end of their relationship, but obviously the show doesn't work like that. I get the feeling I'm going to view this situation with the same attitude.

Edited by Chado

Castle DVD Extra: The Cast Behind The Cast 

I found this to be probably the most interesting and enjoyable Castle DVD extra in a long time.  Really liked learning more about the work of background artists and stand ins, and they really are an intrinsic part of the show.  Much as they seem to like their jobs, I did wonder if it being such a time consuming one made it hard for them to audition for opportunities elsewhere.  Any time any of the background actors have had speaking parts on Castle they've seemed perfectly fine to me.  The actress who plays Tory made the jump to speaking roles and then to recurring and now even to being a lead so I guess it does happen. but there sure are a lot of steps for most of those lucky few.  

Notice that many of the clips featuring more interesting bits with the BG artists came from earlier seasons.  Taking bets in the precinct (still wish we'd seen winning bets being collected when Caskett got together) and Castle's high five "the killer's a zombie" are some of my favourites.   It feels like they're not doing as much interesting stuff with the background precinct these days.  Feels blander, along with the blandness of a lot of the precinct scenes.  Like I've said, I miss characters like Karpowski and giving people like LT more of a personality so that the precinct feels more real.  Little moments can add a lot of flavour.  Beckett becoming Captain is an opportunity for them to do more with the people at the precinct.  The fun and the drama of having a new boss.  Hope they do something with it.

It's nice that the BG people have their own setup for their downtime on set, but it really is a shared office.  A trailer it is not.  Luckily, they all seem to get along.

Nathan got a new stand in and this guy doesn't look like him as much, but charming all the same.  I think I would rather be a BG artist than a stand in because at least you get to be onscreen as the former, and I imagine they do these jobs because they want to get into acting.  

Do I spot Nathan and Stana chatting at just before the 1:00 mark?  Or are they filming a scene? Hard to tell.  And what exactly was Jon doing at around 7:00 with his weird dancing and making Nathan crack up and Stana look kind of shocked?

Every time I see the guy holding up the mic I think it must be such a tiring job and so distracting for the actors.  But probably not, since they are used to it.

Never let it be said that Nathan can't be a shipper heh.  Sweet Casketty message from him to Castle fans who got married.

Di H. ‏@dihuarchaeology 
Thank you @NathanFillion for this amazing wedding card! You truly are a superhero! #greenlantern #captain #castle

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN_y_slUAAAglYp.jp

Edited by madmaverick

Hail the Prophet of Doom!  Are you sure you don't want to rain a divorce on us? ;)  What I find ironic about you being labelled a Prophet of Doom is that I find the negative nellies out there far more relentlessly gloomy in their show discussion.  Even without knowing what information you've shared here.  I used to think that this board was one of the most critical discussion spaces about the show, but maybe that was because I hadn't really seen all the negativity out there. ;)  Which I wish I didn't.  At least even if we're critical sometimes (okay, often), we're mostly rational about it and don't get all annoyingly hysterical.  Some vocal fans are annoying in their certainty that all will be terrible before even an episode has aired and going on endlessly about it.  I can only hope the writers can prove them wrong even if only to deliver a lesson in not judging before knowing all the facts.

Castle: XY

Original Airdate:
9/21/2015
A call from a mysterious stranger ignites an explosive chain of events; the story is first told from Castle's perspective as he searches for Beckett.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/castle-xy/EP010855880155?aid=tvschedule

Why is it always a "mysterious guy"?  Why is it always "explosive"? ;) 

Kind of ready for "fun" and "badass" to be retired along with "organic" and "mythology".

From TV Line:

Question: Any scoop about Castle? —Fred
Ausiello: Not just any scoop, exclusive scoop! Actress/comedienne Stephanie Weir (The Comedians, MADtv) has signed on to guest-star in Episode 5, titled “The Nose,” as Mia Laszlo, a real character who begrudgingly helps Castle and Beckett via her unique ability to sniff out the mastermind behind a multi-million dollar heist.

Didn't know "The Nose" would be literal.  Never watched this comedienne in action so don't know if she's funny.  

Now if only Caskett can let their pheromones do the talking as well...

Edited by madmaverick

Helps Castle and Beckett? Seems like normal service has been resumed based on that spoiler.

If Castle is still a PI at this point why is Beckett investigating too?  They kind of ran out of steam I thought on the contrivance of them just happening to be involved in the same case each week, makes me wonder how well they can keep pulling that particular stunt off before fans get tired of it. 

I find that more depressing than hopeful. So many times they've had Castle 'stick around' because the show wouldn't work unless he sat there and just accepted whatever Beckett was deciding to do at the time.

That makes it sound like Beckett is the one who controls the relationship. I think it's the other way around. Beckett was the one who had to just accept Castle following her around for years. Luckily she decided she liked it.

I never understand the argument that all Castle did for four seasons was wait for Beckett to agree to go out with him. Or that Beckett just makes him do whatever she wants. Their relationship seems pretty balanced to me.

The O.C. alum Kelly Rowan has booked a guest-starring on Castle, EW has learned exclusively.

Rowan, best known as the Cohen matriarch, will play Carla Feller, the dean of a prestigious university hit hard by the mysterious death of one of its students.

The Perception actress, who will appear in an episode slated for early October, joins season 8 additions Toks Olagundoye, Sunkrish Bala, Jack Coleman and Adam Baldwin, among others. Source: EW

Edited by verdana

Castle Duo Launch Their Own Website 

Castle bro’s Seamus Dever and Jon Huertas have collaborated to launch a website for their new music duo Shay-Jean.

The pair are featured in a music video on the Castle season 7 DVDs and they plan to release a new single and music video in November. The music single will be available for download via iTunes and Amazon on September 18.

http://castletv.net/castle-duo-launch-their-own-website/

That makes it sound like Beckett is the one who controls the relationship. I think it's the other way around. Beckett was the one who had to just accept Castle following her around for years. Luckily she decided she liked it.

I never understand the argument that all Castle did for four seasons was wait for Beckett to agree to go out with him. Or that Beckett just makes him do whatever she wants. Their relationship seems pretty balanced to me.

Well it's better than it was according to the old showrunner since he took her down a peg or two in FBOW. LOL

Edited by westwingfan
I can't see a divorce honestly. There is no story there. If she divorced him or he her he wouldn't spend time investigating anything anymore.

Helps Castle and Beckett? Seems like normal service has been resumed based on that spoiler.  If Castle is still a PI at this point why is Beckett investigating too?

What has halwideman actually confirmed will happen with Caskett? I know that I have missed a lot of postings, but Castle PI with Alexis full time, Toks replacing Beckett as the new badass, no Caskett at home or work is enough to tank the ratings before the show reaches five episodes. It seems like a big mistake by the writers to reach back into Beckett’s past at this point in the relationship in order to create some kind of obstacle that would cause them to breakup even if it put one of them in criminal or legal jeopardy. It portends too much like the disaster that happened in 6x23. To be honest, the info and spoilers that have come out so far about the new changes don’t seem worthwhile enough to even put any episode to DVR much less watch LIVE.  IMO.

Edited by VinceW

No problem, thanks!

My guess is everything with their relationship is somewhat back to normal by episode 3 or 4. That blurb about episode 5 makes it seem like they're working together, but it could be misleading.

I also wonder where Beckett will live during the split. Lanie's or her dad's? Her old apt with her cousin? Or maybe she'll be MIA and in random motels off the grid.

Edited by FlickerToAFlame