Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

So 808 won't be the fall finale? They changed the order? 808 will air on Nov. 9 as 8.06, so 806 is now 8.07 & 807 the fall finale 8.08?   So I am confused, Slaughter is now 806 ??

So 808 won't be the fall finale? They changed the order? 808 will air on Nov. 9 as 8.06, so 806 is now 8.07 & 807 the fall finale 8.08? So I am confused, Slaughter is now 806 ??

Thankgod! We can get his episode out of the way - take a shower and get on with the rest of this tedious season!

• Love 3

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Looking, Vampire Diaries, Castle, Arrow, Scorpion, Once, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More at TV Line

Question: Can you give us some Castle spoilers? —Anna
Ausiello: I’m hearing that a late fall episode — most likely the Nov. 9 installment — will be very Beckett-lite. As in she will, at best, maybe-possibly be in one scene. ABC declined to comment, but my guess is Stana Katic had an “out” in her contract so she could be here.

Question: Is there gonna be a holiday episode of Castle this season? —Barry
Ausiello: As you may have surmised upon reading about Castle (and Nashville) joining the ranks of split-season ABC shows, there will be no holly jolly follies this year. “Unfortunately,” co-showrunner Alexi Hawley told us, “because of the way ABC is platforming us — we do eight episodes and end [Nov. 23], and we’re not on again until the beginning of February — we won’t be on the air for the holidays.”

So 808 won't be the fall finale? They changed the order? 808 will air on Nov. 9 as 8.06, so 806 is now 8.07 & 807 the fall finale 8.08?   So I am confused, Slaughter is now 806 ??

Where did this news come from?  If they switched 8 to 6, that means the UST probably won't be resolved until after hiatus....

This is what Ausiello has to say:

Ausiello: I’m hearing that a late fall episode — most likely the Nov. 9 installment — will be very Beckett-lite. As in she will, at best, maybe-possibly be in one scene. ABC declined to comment, but my guess is Stana Katic had an “out” in her contract so she could be here.
Question: Is there gonna be a holiday episode of Castle this season? —Barry
Ausiello: As you may have surmised upon reading about Castle (and Nashville) joining the ranks of split-season ABC shows, there will be no holly jolly follies this year. “Unfortunately,” co-showrunner Alexi Hawley told us, “because of the way ABC is platforming us — we do eight episodes and end [Nov. 23], and we’re not on again until the beginning of February — we won’t be on the air for the holidays.”

Also posted in the spoiler thread. 

I presume that means the Slaughter episode is now 8.06 which is better than it being the last one before the break. 

Edited by verdana

So what do u guys think. If we r going to "like" Mr & Mrs Castle but most of us here believe there wont be a reconciliation, what r we going to like about it? Im a bit stumped and dont trust any spin coming from interviews.

They will throw us the usual bone, but it will be from the upscale pet store.  Also, it will be a new, more interesting twist, LOL.

HalWideman called it....

Yes indeed they did.  

We’re carrying it through more so than Castle has traditionally done in terms of serialized elements. We definitely nod at it in Episodes 3 and 4, and then come back to it in 6 and 7…. They’re not big parts of the episodes, but they do keep it alive.

TVLINE | So, we don’t have 20 episodes of angst ahead of us.

HAWLEY | No, no, not at all. As hard as it might be to believe, Episodes, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 are a lot of fun. We’re doing the standalone cases, we are keeping continuity with Beckett’s journey, but we’re also putting Castle and Beckett in situations together that have electricity to them, and we’re having some fun guest characters. As Terence said, by the time we get to our fall finale we’re shifting the dynamic again, so the audience is along for something of a ride, but one that ultimately is really fun.

So that means Slaughter is now 8.06 followed by Mr and Mrs Castle, then the fall finale when they "shift" the dynamic. Correct? I can't seem them polluting 8.07 with too much angst since it sounds as if they're going for a shipper bait episode (as much as it can be with the split up sigh).

So what do u guys think. If we r going to "like" Mr & Mrs Castle but most of us here believe there wont be a reconciliation, what r we going to like about it? Im a bit stumped and dont trust any spin coming from interviews.

A juicy bone or two will get thrown to keep the shippers happy and give them hope that things are on the mend - they may even kiss in good lighting - but Hal's already confirmed there's no reconciliation which doesn't surprise me in the slightest. 

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

If they can swap episodes around like that, definitely no reconciliation, and much "slaughter".

But knowing the showrunners and their warped sense of "fun," they will enjoy sub-1 ratings ;-).

It would say something about the progression of this story if they can swap 8x08 to become 8x06 and not have it effect anything. The progression must be as amazing as it currently is /sarcasm

• Love 2

The Ausiello article directed me to this You Tube Video.  What strikes me is the way Stana's husband (whose name escapes me now) protects her.  I've seen this many times. He really is adorable.  I think he'd take a bullet for her if he needed to.  That is true love. 

Really sweet.

(I also enjoy how the fan base has stopped shipping Stana and Nathan since the marriage.)

Update:  Yayyy, inline video!

Edited by TVWithPity

Ugh, I hate how so many shows do a mid-season finale and have a 2-3 month break. It's getting ridiculous.

I get it, but when you look at a typical broadcast TV season, it was originally designed for 30+ episodes per season! Look at shows like I Love Lucy, etc. Now, the average is 22 to 24 episodes with the extra weeks likely filled with repeats or, depending on the time of year, holiday shows.

There just isn't enough to cover a typical season anymore with the number of episodes seemingly shrinking.

And I guess broadcast is trying to follow the cable model now.

Which one has the worst hair? Stana or Kris?

All I have to do to feel better about their hair is look at my own, LOL. I am in no place to judge ;-). It was a long day. They were busy. At least Kris (I remembered his name!) doesn't have one of those chocolate chip hairdos. No offense to anyone who finds that attractive.

Stana's taste in clothing is not mine, that's for certain.

Ugh, I hate how so many shows do a mid-season finale and have a 2-3 month break. It's getting ridiculous.

I actually like it last season when Galavant was put in between OUAT and Agent Carter in for AoS. I rather have new eps of a new show than the whole 2 new eps, rerun, 3 new eps, 2 reruns, 2 new eps, 3 reruns and finish new eps to end the season.

Hal confirmed there was no reconciliation in the Mr. and Mrs. Castle episode, but that's not the fall finale, is it? I doubt they will be fully back together then though. However, I really don't see how they stretch this whole thing out all season.

We must have a few weeks without new episodes in the fall.  There's only 4 more new episodes before 11/23.

10/19 - 8x05 The Nose

10/26 - ?

11/2 - ?

11/9 - Beckett-lite episode, so I guess Slaughter

11/16 - ?

11/23 - 8x08 Fall finale

Hal confirmed there was no reconciliation in the Mr. and Mrs. Castle episode, but that's not the fall finale, is it? I doubt they will be fully back together then though. However, I really don't see how they stretch this whole thing out all season.

We must have a few weeks without new episodes in the fall.  There's only 4 more new episodes before 11/23.

10/19 - 8x05 The Nose

10/26 - ?

11/2 - ?

11/16 - ?

11/23 - 8x08 Fall finale

10/26 is a repeat of Once Upon a Time in the West.

We must have a few weeks without new episodes in the fall. There's only 4 more new episodes before 11/23.

10/19 - 8x05 The Nose

10/26 - ?

11/2 - ?

11/16 - ?

11/23 - 8x08 Fall finale

'The Last Seduction' is in there somewhere and if i remember correctly there was some suggestion of Caskett movement in that ep as well (again, take that as u want from showrunners- could very well be nothing but a look and smile)

HalWideman called it....

For all we know Ausiello lurks on this board and that's his source on this. I mean Hal just posted that info a few days ago and it just happens to also come out in Ausiello's next column? Could explain why Hal deleted his/her profile right after that.

I know TVLine gets a lot of info directly from the Castle producers, but the ABC declined to comment suggests this isn't one of those times. And I have seen TV Line ask questions in interviews that reflect comments here or back on TWOP.  They probably reflect other fan boards too, but it's just an observation.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the Castle, Ryan, Espo interaction and comedic scenes, but all of the Caskett interaction at the precinct reminded me of the AU/wedding episode.  Poor Castle seems so lost over what is happening to his marriage and he doesn’t know how to fix it except the annoying ‘win her back’ mentality. It presents that 3 episodes (8x3,8x4,8x5) of this kind of writing seems the limit for providing much of a reason for fans to keep watching. It is hard to imagine watching 18 more episodes with the writers keeping them from living together which means the separation lasted longer than their actual time period together as a married couple......

It never made any sense that the Baldwin episode would be the last one before fall hiatus even though Hawley said his persona would be changed versus how he portrayed Slaughter in "Headhunters". 8x8 was filmed while SK in Italy? If 8x8 is 8x6, then my 3 episode scenario with Castle's annoying "win her back" mentality should end in 8x5. There is a two week gap between 8x5 (Oct.19) and 8x6 (Nov.9) which won't help ratings if viewers sense after watching 8x5 ('The Nose') that nothing between them is going to change soon.

Edited by VinceW

I had a dreadful thought - what if the reason why Alexis is telling Castle to trust Beckett and give her time is because she is secretly in on the hunt for the new Big Bad?!? I mean, she is already an expert PI, and she is the granddaughter of a spy, so obviously she's got mad covert operative skillz built into her DNA. 

• Love 1

KAVEDWELLER, ON 13 OCT 2015 - 10:51 PM, SAID:
Hal confirmed there was no reconciliation in the Mr. and Mrs. Castle episode, but that's not the fall finale, is it? 8x07 moves to 8x08

I doubt they will be fully back together then though. However, I really don't see how they stretch this whole thing out all season.

We must have a few weeks without new episodes in the fall. There's only 4 more new episodes before 11/23.

10/19 - 8x05 The Nose
10/26 - ?

November sweeps start Oct 29th
11/2 - ?
11/9 - Beckett-lite episode, so I guess Slaughter 8x06 "Cool Boys"
11/16 - 8x07 - "The Last Seduction"
11/23 - 8x08 Fall finale "Mr. & Mrs. Castle"

'The Last Seduction' is in there somewhere and if i remember correctly there was some suggestion of Caskett movement in that ep as well (again, take that as u want from show runners- could very well be nothing but a look and smile)

It never made any sense that the Baldwin episode (Cool Boys) would be the last one before fall hiatus even though Hawley said his persona would be changed versus how he portrayed Slaughter in "Headhunters". 8x8 was filmed while SK in Italy which is Beckett lite and now 8x6(Cool Boys). If 8x8 is now 8x6, then the 3 episode scenario(8x3,8x4,8x5) with Castle's annoying "win her back" mentality might just end after 8x5(The Nose). There is a two week gap between 8x5 (Oct.19) and 8x6 (Nov.9) which won't help ratings if viewers sense after watching 8x5 (The Nose) that nothing between them is going to change soon.

Edited by VinceW

So ABC kept Once Upon a Time in the West for rerun again. They reran it last season I think during the March/April hiatus. I did notice that Dead from New York was kept for rerun since the TNT schedule went from In Plain Sight to Hollander Woods a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking that TWP other ep I, Witness probably also got kept for rerun status. It just makes these current eps look even worst when you have the honeymoon ep and possibly skit parody ep in between the separation eps.

I suppose this all depends, but from what has been said it appears 8x08 (Slaughter) was filmed as 8x08 which means if they can swap episodes about so easily there is very little continuity in these episodes.

The information about swapping shows came via a post about  a rumor, which may have originated HERE, LOL, and was skimmed by Ausiello. If my memory serves me I think I learned via reading this msg board earlier this year, that the crew filmed these later shows out of order which may have introduced some confusion about when they would air. It's quite possible that they intended to air the Slaughter ep on Nov 9 the whole time. I can't imagine them airing "Slaughter" as their Fall cliffhanger so Nov 9 makes sense -- but I also couldn't imagine them breaking up the couple indefinitely over something stupid, so what do I know ;-).

We'll have to see how it shakes out.

Edited by TVWithPity

So this is where we are then I take it.

Ep805: The Nose - N Kiu/S Robin - 19 October

TWO WEEK BREAK

Ep806: The Cool Boys - Hawley/P Holahan- 2 November (sweeps) - this was 8.08 and is the Slaughter/Beckett-lite episode

Ep807: The Last Seduction - Hanning/Terlesky - 9 November (sweeps) -  this was 8.06

Ep808: Mr and Mrs Castle - C Roum/Bleckner - 23 November (sweeps) - FALL FINALE - this was 8.07

I agree that if they can swap them around this easily then there's not much change going on to any huge degree in the relationship.

Edited by verdana

This this is the revised final schedule:

TWO WEEK BREAK
Ep806: The Cool Boys - Hawley/P Holahan- 2 November (sweeps) - this was 8.08 and is the Slaughter/Beckett-lite episode
Ep807: The Last Seduction - Hanning/Terlesky - 9 November (sweeps) -  this was 8.06
Ep808: Mr and Mrs Castle - C Roum/Bleckner - 23 November (sweeps) - FALL FINALE - this was 8.07

VinceW You are correct the Slaughter episode will be Beckett-lite as she was in Italy and Paris for a week.

Andrew Bikichky ‏@AndrewBikichky Sep 25

#Castle Ep808

Dir Paul Holahan

Script @AlexiHawley

That video with Stana in Italy was dated 27 September and from there she went to Paris for four or five days so it's definitely the Slaughter episode (now 8.06) that won't feature her much.

Alexi Hawley ‏@AlexiHawley  Oct 7

4 yrs later, we are wrapped on another gem with @NathanFillion and @AdamBaldwin #Castle #DetectiveSlaughterisback

Give 8 days or so for filming and that's about right.

Edited by verdana

Was the Slaughter/Castle episode ever intended to be the fall finale? Has it even been confirmed that it 100% isn't?

If I remember correctly it was Nadine who said the Slaughter episode MIGHT be the finale - according to an interview or something ? I don't think it's confirmed 100% that it isn't and I think it's a bit fishy that ABC hasn't confirmed to Ausiello that the November 9th is the Beckett-lite episode. If it's really the fall finale, I doubt ABC would let that cat out of the bag already.

Mr and Mrs Castle would make more sense in my eyes as well but with this season so far.....who knows. I don't know how much Hal knew already but he also said the finale would be Beckett-lite but if they can just switch the episodes around like that nothing's gonna happen anyway. So not worth the fuss.

But why are they putting 8.08 on the episode when they know from the start it will be 6 ??

Edited by cappuccino

Interesting that the Headhunters follow up episode (aka Slaughter) will be the fall season finale according the TV Line interview.

In the TV Line tidbit about the Winter finale it says 8.08 is the fall finale. Originally I would have said 8.09. But if it is indeed only 8, then 8.06 will now air in the Sweeps.

Those are the posts Nadine made but I guess she based it on the episode numbers and not on what happens in the episode or their title.

This this is the revised final schedule:

TWO WEEK BREAK

VinceW You are correct the Slaughter episode will be Beckett-lite as she was in Italy and Paris for a week.

I would love confirmation on that order. I have this feeling that Slaughter episode still could be the fall finale.

TVLine even said below that Nov 16th was the airing date for Mr and Mrs Castle in a QnA on the 30th of September.

Question: Anything positive for Castle‘s Caskett fans after this week’s “events”? —Mandy

Ausiello: As dire as things might appear for Rick, Kate and their marriage, you should find more than a little solace in the fact that Episode 7 — airing Nov. 16, during the heart of sweeps — is titled “Mr. & Mrs. Castle.” “It’s going to be a great episode,” co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter told Matt Mitovich. “For the fans who right now are going, ‘What the heck and Terence and Alexi [Hawley] doing?!,’ when they see that episode they’ll understand and see what we’re going for.”

Edited by Chado

If I remember correctly it was Nadine who said the Slaughter episode MIGHT be the finale - according to an interview or something ? I don't think it's confirmed 100% that it isn't and I think it's a bit fishy that ABC hasn't confirmed to Ausiello that the November 9th is the Beckett-lite episode. If it's really the fall finale, I doubt ABC would let that cat out of the bag already.

Mr and Mrs Castle would make more sense in my eyes as well but with this season so far.....who knows. I don't know how much Hal knew already but he also said the finale would be Beckett-lite but if they can just switch the episodes around like that nothing's gonna happen anyway. So not worth the fuss.

But why are they putting 8.08 on the episode when they know from the start it will be 6 ??

I looked around Twitter for something official regarding a match up between episode numbers and names. I found nothing The Wikipedia references also don't go to anything definitive.  As I said, I wonder if the out of order filming led to fan confusion on the number - name correspondence. A Beckett - lite ep would be a sure loser as a finale so they'd never have planned such a thing, right? Who knows?

I wonder if damage control (1.1 rating ) issues are silencing ABC right now. Regardless, I doubt they'd fess up ahead of time to a Beckett - lite episode.

Edited by TVWithPity

Question: Anything positive for Castle‘s Caskett fans after this week’s “events”? —Mandy

Ausiello: As dire as things might appear for Rick, Kate and their marriage, you should find more than a little solace in the fact that Episode 7 — airing Nov. 16, during the heart of sweeps — is titled “Mr. & Mrs. Castle.” “It’s going to be a great episode,” co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter told Matt Mitovich. “For the fans who right now are going, ‘What the heck and Terence and Alexi [Hawley] doing?!,’ when they see that episode they’ll understand and see what we’re going for.”

TVLine on the 30th of September said the episode was airing the 16th of Nov during the 'heart of the sweeps' which implies it isn't the fall finale. I don't know if things have changed? But yeah.....

Edited by Chado
  • Love 1

TVLine on the 30th of September said the episode was airing the 16th of Nov during the 'heart of the sweeps' which implies it isn't the fall finale. I don't know if things have changed? But yeah.....

Ausiello....the guy who may or may not get his "scoops" from unreliable internet sources, such as this board. Maybe Winters wasn't paying attention to the date mentioned when he answered the question you quoted. Later it was also Ausiello who slotted Slaughter on November 9th, without mentioning that this might be a change from before. 

I agree that if they can swap them around this easily then there's not much change going on to any huge degree in the relationship.

I was really hoping that this stupid break-up storyline would be over before the show hit the winter hiatus, especially since it's going to be an extra long one now till February.

That's almost three months.  They're taking an awful risk that viewers won't come back after the response to the split.

• Love 1

Thanks for the picture. Castle and Beckett conduct a murder investigation on board a ship? I read a fanfic once about Caskett going undercover on a cruise ship but I doubt it will be much like that story because they ended up having lots of hot sex lol.

Edited by verdana

Which episode are they filming? I'm guessing Mr. And Mrs. Castle, whatever number that's going to be now.

An episode with them undercover on a cruise ship (an enclosed space) could be really fun. Castle could use it to force Beckett to talk to him, even if he didn't do that when they were locked in the prison together.