Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I don't get the Caitlin/KF fans being upset Amunet possibly not interacting with them in 611. First off, do we know that for sure? No, we don't.

Moving on, this whole shows some of them don't really care about Killer Frost like they pretend to do. Here's why? Where in the show did they say Amunet is Killer Frost friend? Who said Killer Frost likes Amunet? In case we forgot, they basically said Caitlin forced Killer Frost to work for Amunet. So, I really don't understand some being upset over not seeing a friendship that might not even exist in the first place.

Speaking of Caitlin, are we sure she's really friends with Amunet? What I've seen is not a friendship. Amunet propping Caitlin up is not a friendship. Caitlin only wanting something from Amunet is not a friendship.

I understand wanting a recurring character for these two, but amunet is not that said character.

7 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I don't get the Caitlin/KF fans being upset Amunet possibly not interacting with them in 611. First off, do we know that for sure? No, we don't.

Moving on, this whole shows some of them don't really care about Killer Frost like they pretend to do. Here's why? Where in the show did they say Amunet is Killer Frost friend? Who said Killer Frost likes Amunet? In case we forgot, they basically said Caitlin forced Killer Frost to work for Amunet. So, I really don't understand some being upset over not seeing a friendship that might not even exist in the first place.

Speaking of Caitlin, are we sure she's really friends with Amunet? What I've seen is not a friendship. Amunet propping Caitlin up is not a friendship. Caitlin only wanting something from Amunet is not a friendship.

I understand wanting a recurring character for these two, but amunet is not that said character.

I mean, you know why lol. They want anything Iris has, even if it may not make sense story-wise. I do think there will be some interaction, but not as much as Iris-Amunet will have in the episode. I am really looking forward to this journalism story actually taking place!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I am confused is there a spoiler about 6.11 with Iris interacting with Amunet?

Yes, it’s coming from a set pic of Iris and Amunet that was posted by both Candice and Katee!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Speaking of Caitlin, are we sure she's really friends with Amunet?

Of course Cait/KF and Amunet are the best of friends! That's how it works on The Flash. If someone tries to murder or kidnap you, as Amunet did to Cait and KF and Cait and KF did to Iris, Barry, Cisco, Cecile, & Tracy Brand, that automatically makes you genuine pals.😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Kate45 said:

Yes, it’s coming from a set pic of Iris and Amunet that was posted by both Candice and Katee!

Ah, thanks. Nice to see Iris getting to interact with different characters outside of Barry. Nice to see an African American director also.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, Kate45 said:

Wow, Candice is really promoting post-Crisis! Love her outfit, BTW.

But UGH to Amunet coming back, though. I assume she'll be connected to the big mystery/conspiracy Iris is investigating?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Trini said:

But UGH to Amunet coming back, though. I assume she'll be connected to the big mystery/conspiracy Iris is investigating?

Maybe Amunet will be more enjoyable in scenes with Iris.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Going back to 6.06 for a minute - I'm already not a really a fan of James Bond films, so having a Bond parody episode after a filler episode just seems like a bad choice so close to Crisis. Hopefully, there's some progress with how Barry is dealing with Crisis coming; and Ralph's arc looking for Sue - even though I care less about that.

There's a subplot with Nash Wells + Allegra + Frost from the promo pics; I assume Iris is a part of that, and that she has to bring in Allegra into Team Flash business. I hate another Wells sucking up screentime, but if he has to be here, I hope this episode moves forward his story that is supposed to connect to Crisis - according to Eric.

3 hours ago, Trini said:

Going back to 6.06 for a minute - I'm already not a really a fan of James Bond films, so having a Bond parody episode after a filler episode just seems like a bad choice so close to Crisis. Hopefully, there's some progress with how Barry is dealing with Crisis coming; and Ralph's arc looking for Sue - even though I care less about that.

There's a subplot with Nash Wells + Allegra + Frost from the promo pics; I assume Iris is a part of that, and that she has to bring in Allegra into Team Flash business. I hate another Wells sucking up screentime, but if he has to be here, I hope this episode moves forward his story that is supposed to connect to Crisis - according to Eric.

Eric has made several statements that haven't added up to anything at this point. I'm not sure that he's a trustworthy source at this point because he's not straightforward about his plans. 

Plus, Eric and his team have managed to kill all of the Crisis momentum by focusing on random plots like the Cisco episode and this Ralph episode which appear to both be completely disconnected from Crisis. It honestly takes talent to suck the life out of a storyline that has been teased since the pilot. I really hope 6.07 and 6.08 put this show back on track.

For the record, I'm glad Cisco had his episode, and while I don't care about Ralph getting one, I seriously doubt the competence of this writing team due to the timing of these episodes. Both should have occurred in 6B.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kate45 said:

Eric has made several statements that haven't added up to anything at this point. I'm not sure that he's a trustworthy source at this point because he's not straightforward about his plans. 

Plus, Eric and his team have managed to kill all of the Crisis momentum by focusing on random plots like the Cisco episode and this Ralph episode which appear to both be completely disconnected from Crisis. It honestly takes talent to suck the life out of a storyline that has been teased since the pilot. I really hope 6.07 and 6.08 put this show back on track.

For the record, I'm glad Cisco had his episode, and while I don't care about Ralph getting one, I seriously doubt the competence of this writing team due to the timing of these episodes. Both should have occurred in 6B.  

The Cisco episode I do agree with. However, 6.06 does deal with Crisis.

Barry doesn't know anything about Crisis except he has to die. So the story leading up to crisis is for him to prepare the team for post-crisis. He said that in 6x02. 6.06 will be Ralph's turn to be prepared. Wells subplot seems to be about whatever can save Barry.

4 hours ago, Kate45 said:

Not to mention the Bloodwork arc seems to be stalled as well - I don't see any indication that Ramsey is part of 6.06.

I don't mind one filler episode in the first half, but two back to back, when several storylines are already moving too slow or are on the backburner, is too much. Maybe they'll surprise us and it's not totally filler?

Even if the A-plots for a few episodes focused on something other than Crisis, they could still be addressing it with the B or C-plots. The thing is, though, I'm pretty sure Eric considers "preparing the team for Barry dying" a Crisis plot, so ... that's where we have a problem.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Barry doesn't know anything about Crisis except he has to die. So the story leading up to crisis is for him to prepare the team for post-crisis. He said that in 6x02. 6.06 will be Ralph's turn to be prepared. Wells subplot seems to be about whatever can save Barry.

I see what you are saying, and I don't think I was really clear. It makes no sense to prep the team for doing...exactly what they do now. They already save the city every week, so why do we need to do this? Plus, the majority of season 4 was about prepping Ralph to become a hero already. I can see the value of prepping KF since she's never been trained she just joined the team for no reason. On another note, there was an easy way to make Cynthia's death relate back to Crisis and the show just didn't do it. She was a collector so she could have been on Earth-2 when it was destroyed or something. Even that would have helped from my perspective. 

Also, I could be wrong, but it seems like Barry is helping Ralph find Sue which is related to him being a detective not being the Elongated Man. IDK, I just find all of these decisions to be strange. I kinda wish the show had gone the Supergirl route and just ignored Crisis while dealing with Bloodwork. Then, 6.06/ 6.07 would essentially be the end of 6.01 and 6.02. I think it would have been more impactful. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Barry doesn't know anything about Crisis except he has to die.

That's another problem. Why aren't they trying to get more info?? Barry supposedly saw "billions" of scenarios, what's he doing with that knowledge? (Even though I know it's not going to happen on this show,) Why doesn't he give a heads up to some of the other heroes?

I know Eric considers Barry & Iris dealing with his death done with 6.02, but there should be more to it than that. And it could have been a concurrent arc with preparing the team. Because really? Not one conversation about getting pregnant before Crisis, after all the mourning for Nora in the premiere? That's just basic.

20 minutes ago, Kate45 said:

Also, I could be wrong, but it seems like Barry is helping Ralph find Sue which is related to him being a detective not being the Elongated Man.

The Sue arc might tie in to the Black Hole/metahuman weaponizing mystery; I don't think it needs to be an A-plot at this point, however.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Trini said:

That's another problem. Why aren't they trying to get more info?? Barry supposedly saw "billions" of scenarios, what's he doing with that knowledge? (Even though I know it's not going to happen on this show,) Why doesn't he give a heads up to some of the other heroes?

I know Eric considers Barry & Iris dealing with his death done with 6.02, but there should be more to it than that. And it could have been a concurrent arc with preparing the team. Because really? Not one conversation about getting pregnant before Crisis, after all the mourning for Nora in the premiere? That's just basic.

It does seem odd that Barry isn't trying to contact Oliver or Kara about it. I get why Oliver's not talking but finding out about E2 and mourning their friends would connect everything and bring it home to them.

Re the getting pregnant conversation. Maybe they think that's all out the window now Nora's wiped herself out of existence? I would like some mourning about that post 6.01 though or really just the lost future in general.

I can see why they don't have Barry or Iris especially talking about trying to get pregnant "Honey you/I'm dying in a few weeks, let's make sure we're pregnant before then!" Has a high chance of making it seem one or the other only cares about procreating, even if they discard the idea. None of the Crisis build up has any real urgency and they're not acting like humans with a life or death count down to the end on a multi verse scale. It's almost like the writers know they have a 6B to do certain plots. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Trini said:

The Sue arc might tie in to the Black Hole/metahuman weaponizing mystery; I don't think it needs to be an A-plot at this point, however.

I think Barry probably assumed the Monitor visited the others. "Hey, he visited me, so maybe he visited them?" Plus, Barry has other things to deal with this.

There's nothing Barry can do with that knowledge. He saw billions of timelines of the crisis. He said that the ones he didn't die in, everybody else died. He doesn't know how the crisis starts. He doesn't know how the anti-matter wave starts. The only knowledge he has is to sacrifice himself. As I said before, the only thing he can do is prepare the team for life without him.

As for the pregnancy thing, I'm against it. I don't think it's right for Iris and Barry to be trying to conceive a child just because he's going to die. In my opinion, that child would just be an objective/agenda to them. Plus, who's to say Iris would've gotten pregnant in 2 months? It's not that simple.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I think Barry probably assumed the Monitor visited the others. "Hey, he visited me, so maybe he visited them?" Plus, Barry has other things to deal with this.

There's nothing Barry can do with that knowledge. He saw billions of timelines of the crisis. He said that the ones he didn't die in, everybody else died. He doesn't know how the crisis starts. He doesn't know how the anti-matter wave starts. The only knowledge he has is to sacrifice himself. As I said before, the only thing he can do is prepare the team for life without him.

As for the pregnancy thing, I'm against it. I don't think it's right for Iris and Barry to be trying to conceive a child just because he's going to die. In my opinion, that child would just be an objective/agenda to them. Plus, who's to say Iris would've gotten pregnant in 2 months? It's not that simple.

I totally agree that it would be an odd plot point on it's own. But, given the fact that both of have talked about wanting children in the future ("the new Nora" as described in the premiere) it makes little sense that they haven't once discussed the fact that it can't happen if Barry dies in Crisis. I'm not even talking about them trying for a baby. Just showing some concern about not being able to have kids. However, the writers seem to want to ignore any feelings Iris (and to an extent Barry) may have about Barry dying so I think that's why it hasn't been addressed. It's kinda like when Barry and Iris went on vacation and didn't even comment on how it could be their last vacation. Just nothing from them and I don't get it. It's not even that they know it's going to be stopped. Nothing has been done to stop Crisis from coming on their end. Just preparing.  

• Love 4

The preview for 6.06 at EW had this tidbit from Wallace in the article:

Showrunner Eric Wallace added: “Next week’s episode [“The Last Temptation of Barry Allen, Part 1”] is not kid-friendly, let’s say, but we just did deliberately said, ‘Well, let’s do something super-fun.’ And it was very actor-chemistry-heavy between Hartley and Grant out of costume, so I was so happy that she [directed this one].”

Which reminds me of when Candice posted this - I think when she was filming 6.07:

So... blood? 😬

I can't believe that with Nora gone Barry and Iris are still baby-sitting.

It's too late for an arc about Barry teaching his adult team mates how to fight and develop leadership skills. This preparing-the-team-for-life-after-Barry story is just an excuse to push them more to the forefront and give them ample POV which would be fine if it didn't come at the expense of Iris. How is Barry preparing his wife to keep going without him? We have no idea because making sure that Team Flash can get the job done is apparently the priority.

I can't wait for these team-focused episodes to be over. I desperately need Iris to be treated like a human being who's about to lose her husband. The mid-season finale will be the real test.

I liked the crossover teaser but it wouldn't be the first time they did a bait and switch with WestAllen. I'll flip a table if they even think about putting the team on the same level as Iris when Barry is minutes away from dying.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Starry said:

I'll flip a table if they even think about putting the team on the same level as Iris when Barry is minutes away from dying.

They made, "We are the Flash" about the team later in season 4 when it was supposed to be about Barry and Iris. So, please lower your expectations to save your sanity.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 11/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, BeautifulFlower said:

If this was the first season, I would totally agree with this. But this is happening in season 6, after TF have fought against what was destined to happened and won. After they have seen how easily the future can be change. So they know, nothing in the future is written in stone and can't be change. So them just accepting that the futures Barry has seen is ALL the futures that can come to past without first trying to get more info, is really lazy writing, inconsistent character writing and make all the characters look bad.

Speaking of the characters looking bad, to add insult to injury after 6 years of being a crime fighting team, who at time had to do without Barry being there for months. It is truly insulting to have Barry acting like he needs to teach this team how to be leaders and fighters without him, when they did it before. I truly hated Barry's speech to Cisco because it made no sense and insulted the growth of Cisco  that we witness for the past 6 yrs.

I understood KF and even maybe Ralph because he is a come lately team member. But not anyone else on the team, especially not Cisco. 

So this writing is insulting to the characters and it makes me give Barry the side-eye, because clearly his opinion of his team is not great after 6yrs of working with them.  

As for the pregnancy thing, I agree with you. I don't want or expect them to try to have a kid right now. That doesn't seem right or fair to the kid. But I expect them to talk about the lose of that future kid. A kid they have alreeady met. But I'll wait for that before complaining because maybe the writers are waiting for them to meet Oliver's future daughter before showing them feeling that lost. 

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

So this writing is insulting to the characters and it makes me give Barry the side-eye, because clearly his opinion of his team is not great after 6yrs of working with them. 

I can't give Barry the side-eye when the writing keeps validating his opinion of the team. A leader should be able to make tough decisions and Cisco kept proving that he couldn't do it. The episode where he teams up with Barry is no exception. The moment Barry leaves for two days, Cisco doubts himself so much that he creates a Barry A.I. to hold his hand. One could make the argument that the writers retconned Cisco's leadership skills so they could push this plot but to be honest, I never thought of Cisco as a leader. He's a brilliant scientist but a leader? Not so sure about that. Maybe there are episodes I am not remembering where he showed leadership skills.

This is the same team that goes look for a Wells every season. They have no confidence. My problem is not that this plot makes no sense. It's that the team members are so stagnant that it took them years before they could grow.

By this time Ralph should be able to handle things alone. Frost is the only one I can understand needing some guidance but since I don't think she should even exist in this capacity I am not okay with Barry baby-sitting her either.

To me the writers' priorities are completely skewed. Pre-Crisis is not the right time to teach basic lessons to people who've been a part of the team for years.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SevenStars said:

I wouldn't say it's insulting. This is the one time Barry's leaving and he has advance notice of it, so they're having him do something with that.

1 hour ago, SevenStars said:

As for the pregnancy thing, I agree with you. I don't want or expect them to try to have a kid right now. That doesn't seem right or fair to the kid. But I expect them to talk about the lose of that future kid. A kid they have alreeady met. But I'll wait for that before complaining because maybe the writers are waiting for them to meet Oliver's future daughter before showing them feeling that lost. 

For me, the pregnancy issue doesn't even have to be a big thing; them not mentioning it at all since the premiere after they know he's dying is very odd to me. Maybe it will come up in episode 7 or 8? I'm not expecting any mention of Nora in the crossover; although I do expect an attempt at a parallel with Oliver's daughter since they always want to parallel to WestAllen.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Starry said:

To me the writers' priorities are completely skewed. Pre-Crisis is not the right time to teach basic lessons to people who've been a part of the team for years.

I see your point and I especially agree with this point. This is what frustrations me about this season. It feels like Wallace want these characters to have screen-time and "bonding" time with Barry separately,  but he doesn't know how to do that while still showing the urgency of the situation. This is why I said that I feel like everything being done with characters is season 1 stuff, where Barry have time to do this, is not schedule to die within weeks and this is their first time dealing with future events. 

It feels like Wallace is writing this story arc like this is a normal show without superheros/metahumans, who are used to making the impossible happen. And it might have work great if he was also writing the emotional beat these characters, especially Iris and Barry, would be feeling when face with impossible death. If he wrote it like Barry  had a deathly disease. 

The parallel with Ramsey and Barry makes it more glaring to me because Ramsey is acting like TF should be, not the willing to kill people part. But the part where he knows the impossible is possible, so he is willing to look and find a way to make the impossible happen.  

In a nut shell, where the hack is the urgency ?!! Why should I care about Barry dying when no one else does?!

I know the writers might show us most of these things 1 or if we are lucky, 2 episodes before the cross-over but by then it will feel like manipulation, instead of story telling. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Starry said:

The moment Barry leaves for two days, Cisco doubts himself so much that he creates a Barry A.I. to hold his hand. One could make the argument that the writers retconned Cisco's leadership skills so they could push this plot but to be honest, I never thought of Cisco as a leader. He's a brilliant scientist but a leader? Not so sure about that. Maybe there are episodes I am not remembering where he showed leadership skills.

Perfectly said, and this is why it made sense when Iris took over as leader in S4. Cisco wasn't ready or willing and Cait, as always, left the team, but this time to go work in human trafficking. Despite missing Barry terribly, Iris stepped up to keep the team going when no one else did. Now, Iris is busy with her business and Cait is, once again, missing in action, since KF is in control and she isn't sane  or trustworthy enough to be anyone's leader.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1

imo, I don't think Barry and Iris trying to get pregnant because they think Barry is going to die would be a good storyline (even if I wouldn't be opposed to her actually getting pregnant), but as others have said I do expect them to at least mention Nora/children since they were clearly still expecting to have children (and another Nora) from their conversations in 6x01.

Barry said last season that Nora was his legacy all along. That he wanted to be remembered as a good man, a good husband and a loving father. So now that he thinks he is going to die I'd expect some reflection on his legacy. And not even just Nora, but in general. Like how Iris reflected on how she was afraid of leaving nothing behind in season 3.

But especially on Barry and Iris as a unit and Barry, Iris, Nora/children as a unit, since we just had a season of which the theme was 'legacy' that was partially focused on the repercussions Barry's disappearance during crisis on infinite earths had on his wife and daughter. It's weird that now with the actual crisis on infinite earths and his actual disappearance looming there's no sense of that aspect of his legacy in the episodes, even just in conversation. Maybe it'll come up in one of the upcoming episodes.

I enjoy the episodes for the most part, and I think there are interesting ideas and some really interesting set ups, and I can appreciate that they're trying something new with the episode formats/themes, but yeah, there's something missing on an emotional level for me.

Pivoting, Is there a possibility of Nora and/or any of Barry and Iris' other kids to cameo in the crossover? I know Eric said not this season to more Barry and Iris descendants, but.... 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

Pivoting, Is there a possibility of Nora and/or any of Barry and Iris' other kids to cameo in the crossover? I know Eric said not this season to more Barry and Iris descendants, but.... 

Eric did say there was going a hint about how we might see Nora again, but I don't think it has shown up yet. I've been assuming that there's going to be JPK/Nora cameo at some point - but there's been nothing to confirm that.

From this interview at Collider, some info on upcoming storylines, etc:

Will we see more of Chester, in the future?

WALLACE: Chester will return. We love Chester. Brandon McKnight, as an actor, is just a delightful person. <...> I was like, “You go, bro! I like you! We’re gonna break you back.”

WALLACE: Plus, he’s a good audience identification character because it’s new for him. We’re a sixth season show, so we need somebody who this is all fresh and exciting to, and the audience can see all the fun stuff. So, he’ll be back. We’re working that out in the writers’ room now. He’s come out of the black hole and he’s alive, but what does he look like when he’s facing a bigger challenge? We’re trying to come up with that next story, as we speak.

Because she’s featured and such a fun character in this, might we see more of January?

WALLACE: No guarantees, but yes. You didn’t hear that from me, at all, but definitely. You might see quite a few people in that episode again. It doesn’t seem like it ‘cause this is the fun one, which we deliberately did before we go straight to crazy cuckoo dark town with Part 1 and Part 2 of the mid-season finale, which are not kid friendly, <...>

Will there be another Ralph-centric episode, this season?

WALLACE: Yes, big time. We’re shooting it right now. The casting announcement went out (with Natalie Dreyfuss being cast as Sue Dearbon), so that’s a really Ralph-centric episode, to put it mildly, that will pick up directly from this.

WALLACE: It’s really interesting, this whole season, there’s stuff underneath stuff, in plain sight, that really all pays off, in the back half, especially in [Episode 606]. Remember what you see in the audience there. There might be people who have already filmed episodes, in ways that you don’t expect. Everything we’re doing, we’re trying to be circular and plant seeds. We’re playing the long game.

This episode [6.06] shows Barry that he also matters, and that he’s more than just The Flash. Is that going to change his mind-set, going forward?

WALLACE: You’re gonna love next week’s episode. That exact question is asked.

The two-part mid-season finale is titled “The Last Temptation of Barry Allen.” How does the return of Michelle Harrison play into that? 

WALLACE: Michelle Harrison called me up and said, “I’ve been doing this for awhile on this show, but we’re going to crazy town here. I’m kinda liking this.” And I said, “Thank you. Have fun.” It’s one of, if not her best performances, since she’s been on the show, all these years. She’s so good. There are a few moments in Part 1 of the mid-season finale, where Danielle, Grant, Candice [Patton], and everybody, went above the call of duty to bring something really special. I’m very proud of this run that we’re in right now.

7 hours ago, Maverick said:

Between being hit over the head that Barry is important and being reminded that The Monitor said The Flash must die ( not you must die ), I'm thinking Barry must live but loses his powers.  

I don't think that happens either based on set pics. I do think A Flash will die, but not The Flash that we know. A play on words IMO. Likely, one of the "many wonderful guest stars" we have heard about. 

• Love 1

I feel like Barry needs to die after all this build up, LOL! But I think something has to happen to him since the Monitor visited him in particular; plus the timelines he saw in 6.02.

I don't know what to predict, because there are several ways they could make the prophecy come true, directly and indirectly.

-----------

Anyway, after several filler episodes, 6.07 is looking like it will be good. In the promo, you can see Barry crying over Nora's(?) crib!

• Love 1

https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/21/the-flash-efrat-dor-eva-mcculloch-iris/

EW has exclusively learned that Efrat Dor (Mayans M.C., Sneaky Pete) has been cast in the role of Eva McCulloch. She will be a series regular in the second half of season 6, a.k.a. “Graphic Novel #2.” (The season is split into two parts, each of which has its own big bad.) You can expect Dor’s Eva to develop an interesting connection with Iris West-Allen (Candice Patton).

Here’s the official character description: “A quantum engineer and co-founder of McCulloch Technologies, Eva McCulloch is a scientific genius who works on the bleeding edge. Eva has been away from Central City for many years. But a chance meeting with Iris West-Allen results in a surprising alliance that pushes the boundaries of sanity, while also uncovering a vast conspiracy to take down Team Flash and its allies.”

• Useful 1

The synopses for the first three parts of the crossover airing in December have been released; and The Flash/Barry is mentioned in the Supergirl part, and Iris in the Batwoman part. Iris is also in the promo photos for the Batwoman part.

The Flash episode synopsis:

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

BLACK LIGHTNING JOINS THE ARROWVERSE IN THE THIRD CHAPTER OF THE CROSSOVER -

Pariah (Tom Cavanagh) enlists Black Lightning (guest star Cress Williams) to help stop the Anti-Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) after Flash-90 (guest star John Wesley Shipp) shares what he learned from his battle in 'Elseworlds.'

With the help of Black Lightning, Barry (Grant Gustin), Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) come up with a plan that could save them all.

Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) has a heart-to-heart with Ryan Choi (guest star Osric Chau), while Oliver (guest star Stephen Amell) and Diggle (guest star David Ramsey) return to an old familiar stomping ground.

David McWhirter directed the episode with story by Eric Wallace and teleplay by Lauren Certo & Sterling Gates (#609). Original airdate 12/10/2019.

The appearance of John Wesley Shipp as Flash-90 is making me hold on to my belief that another Flash will die not Barry.

9 hours ago, Trini said:

Whoa - a series regular attached to Iris, that also sounds like a replacement for Caitlin?? 👀

Interesting. This hasn't occurred to me.

She could be a Caitlin replacement whilst DP is on Maternity leave or theoretically if DP wants to leave at the end of the season but I don't think they need to have her leave to have this character as a regular even though the cast is big now. She could also just be there as a "temporary" regular for 6b - unless she works really well and they keep her. 

I haven't seen the actress in anything, though I had been meaning to get around to Mayans MC at some point. The logline for her storyline is pretty interesting and could be very intense and it seems like a big story for Iris. With that and other things 6b seems (hopefully) better in that regard for her. 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, BeautifulFlower said:

I still say it's a huge mistake to have these "very special TF" episodes so disjointed and disconnected from Iris, Joe and the "family" part of TF.  It just feels like Iris/Barry/Joe are just la dee da-ing right into Crisis like Barry is retiring, not dying.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

She could be a Caitlin replacement whilst DP is on Maternity leave or theoretically if DP wants to leave at the end of the season but I don't think they need to have her leave to have this character as a regular even though the cast is big now. 

Another regular character? No, please no. If this show has another regular character, especially one with powers, Team Flash will practically have to live in Star Labs and never leave. We definitely will never see an extra again. Not to mention the characters will have even less dialogue, while doing even more standing around with nothing to do during scenes. And we will see even less of Joe who is already disappearing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Why is Batwoman such an overwhelming presence at the center when she's the newcomer?

Who forgot to tell the artist that Cisco is no longer Vibe?

Well......in the promo for Crisis, we saw Cisco in the back as Vibe. People are speculating that he gets his powers back.

• Love 1
On 11/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, BeautifulFlower said:

Even without this, to have Iris walking around so unbothered is still way out of order - she should be grieving that she wont' even have a future Nora around to partially console her re: Barry.

The fact that they aren't even TALKING about the fact that Iris is not only losing Barry - she's losing NORA too - when their earlier assumption at the end of ep1 this season was that Nora would still be born.

Since she's not pregnant then that's an impossibility.  Iris would know this and be impacted by it.  The fact that the showrunner doesn't get this is beyond the effing pale.

• Love 2
On 11/22/2019 at 5:58 PM, BeautifulFlower said:

Well......in the promo for Crisis, we saw Cisco in the back as Vibe. People are speculating that he gets his powers back.

My guess is that he only has them back for the crossover episodes. Even though they only depowered him for this crossover. *sigh*

• LOL 1
On 11/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, Featherhat said:

She could be a Caitlin replacement whilst DP is on Maternity leave or theoretically if DP wants to leave at the end of the season but I don't think they need to have her leave to have this character as a regular even though the cast is big now. She could also just be there as a "temporary" regular for 6b - unless she works really well and they keep her. 

I changed my mind about ther being a replacement for Caitlin. If she's going to turn out to be a villain (Mirror Mistress??), or even the next major villain, it makes sense she's a regular.

Anyway, when it comes to potential villain frenemies, I wish they'd bring Marlize back.

• Love 1