Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Unfortunately, that's probably it exactly. But I wonder if it's a comics character or not.

It could be the non-meta villain Grant referred to at upfronts. Having a non-meta villain might not be a bad thing for making the show feel fun and light again.

I guess he could be a secret hero, but I don't think it will play out the same as on Arrow. Mainly because unlike Ray Palmer, he isn't being prepped for his own show, and I don't think the writers are dumb enough to try a third love triangle in as many seasons. (Yep, optimism!)

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

Given that they seemed to plan a love triangle with Iris's boss, and then stopped it before it happened, I have hopes.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Tone Bell was supposed to be in more than than 2 episodes.

Edited by Trini

EW:

Any info on The Flash’s Caitlin for next season? — Justin

Remember Caitlin and Killer Frost’s little chat about their less-than-lovable mothers? Well, we may finally get to meet the woman. “We haven’t met Caitlin’s mother yet, so we got a little talk between the two women, which is something that will probably play out in season 3,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says, playing coy on any dream casting  ....

I misread Tone Bell as Taco Bell and just remembered that on Tuesday (June 21) they are giving away free Doritos Locos tacos (one per customer) to celebrate some sports thing. And all I could think of was Barry running to different Taco Bells all over to collect the taco cache to bring back to Cisco (after consuming quite a few himself).

I saw on Twitter that Grant said he and Barry were on speaking terms again. I got the impression he thought Barry was being a dumbass and I'm guessing he feels he'll do something to redeem himself.

On a weird side note, Tom Cavanagh got a huge bruise on one of his fingers (under the fingernail) and I don't know if it will be gone before filming starts. My father had a similar bruise under a fingernail that stayed for years. I wonder if they will just cover it up or if they will write something in to explain it or just pretend they don't notice.

I'm wary of any stories involving Caitlin because I just don't like Danielle's acting style. It could either bring out something good from her, or could end up being horrible. Although, to be honest, I find that I'm not really interested in Caitlin's family. I am curious about whether or not she had a brother though. I am also curious about who they would cast.

• Love 1

It seems odd to me that there hasn't been much news about next season yet -- not even confirmation about which actors will be back as regulars. Especially when the other DC shows have made casting announcements by now. And shooting starting in a few weeks.

----------------
I don't want the "Flashpoint universe" to last too long (though I don't think it will anyway), but I hope we get to see the consequences for more than just one episode. Not like how they resolved season 1's cliffhanger in a few minutes and jumped a few months ahead.

On 6/9/2016 at 8:39 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hmmm, does this character exist in the comics? Who fits that description?

The description is really vague; I've seen suggestions of both heroes and villains from the comics who could fit the role, on other boards. I'm certain it's a comic character, though.

Grant tweeted about being excited to work with the cast again and listed pretty much everyone but Jesse L. Martin (I don't know if he has Twitter) and Tom Cavanagh (but he might have run out of room to list Tom).

(edited)

I can only hope that this lack of news means that the EPs/etc. are really working on re-tooling things for next season. Maybe there won't be that many new regular/recurring characters in the first part of the season -- which may mean that the Flashpoint story arc lasts for a few episodes.

Edited by Trini

Violett Beane says she'll be back next season:

In addition to TV dad Tom Cavanagh continuing on as a series regular for Season 3 (but as whom?), “I know I’ll be back,” Violett Beane told TVLine at this week’s Saturn Awards in Los Angeles. “But I don’t know if it’s with or without powers.”

• Love 1

It seems odd to me that there hasn't been much news about next season yet -- not even confirmation about which actors will be back as regulars. Especially when the other DC shows have made casting announcements by now. And shooting starting in a few weeks.

Maybe they are no longer pretending that, they havent run of out ideas?

So Tom Felton is playing 'Julian Dorn', and will be a series regular. Apparently, that name isn't from the comics, but I wonder if he'll end up a comics character anyway?

I'm not familiar with Felton (nope, not into Harry Potter), but it seems he has mostly played bad guys -- so will this new guy turn out to be a villain?

Felton does play a lot of villains so I wouldn't be surprised if he turns on to be one on The Flash.

It's hilarious that he only suspects that Barry is more than he seems.  Seeing as those Barry is sloppy as hell with his secret identity and can't stop himself from announcing it to everyone, it really shouldn't be too hard for Dorn to figure it out.

• Love 1

Excellent theory! I'm 100% on board, I think that's exactly what they're doing with this character.

I'm glad because it won't be another speedster. I just hope he's not secretly evil from the beginning (since they've done that twice already) and maybe we see him change from good to bad, that would work too.

• Love 1
(edited)

I actually really like the idea of magic getting involved here, because it's not necessarily more meta-stuff. Barry will have to fight something different, which is good. And hey maybe Constantine could guest star, like he did on Arrow.

Edited by ruby24
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Another comment section suggested Julian Day - Calendar Man.

Calendar Man?  That's a legit villain?  Seriously?   What, is he part of the Microsoft suite of supervillains, along with Dr. Excel and Madame Word?

• Love 5

I've seen speculation that Felton's character will be Cobalt Blue. No idea though.

On 6/30/2016 at 6:54 PM, Maverick said:

Calendar Man?  That's a legit villain?  Seriously?   What, is he part of the Microsoft suite of supervillains, along with Dr. Excel and Madame Word?

ROTFL! Some of the hero and villain names were pretty funny. I have a collection of Legion of SuperHeroes comics and they had names like "Colossal Boy", "Bouncing Boy", and "Matter-Eater-Lad". The latter of which could eat any inorganic substances but got sick if he ate something organic.

The Harry Potter books and movies were entertaining. Tom Felton was very good in those films. I wonder if it will get confusing with two Toms on the set. I'm betting they will have fun with that (assuming both Toms are ever on the set at the same time).

If they do Cobalt Blue, do you think they'd go full-fledged comic book and make him Barry's long-lost evil twin? The idea of them actually trying to pull that off is amusing to me. I like this idea less than mine, which probably means it's the one the show will go with. Sigh.

• Love 1

From what I've read elsewhere, it might be a version of Black Racer? But it might not be Felton's character, because he (the guy in the black suit) looks taller than Felton.

As for the helmet, I guess they wanted to make sure it was different enough from the Zoom(/Black Flash) costumes. I like the "fiery" lines on the suit, though.

• Love 1

Black Racer is actually an incarnation of Death, is he not? (With the bonus of not having to pay Neil Gaiman for his version.). So in calling this new guy Zoomy McSpeedface until further notice.

• Love 2
(edited)

Here are a few other choices from the comics: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/8-speedsters-could-be-flashs-season-3s-big-villain/view=all

And a few places think it might be the New 52 version of Reverse Flash, Daniel West. (I wonder if they'd still call him Reverse Flash, though.)

But whoever it is, I wonder if he'll actually be the 'big bad' for the season, or if this is just for the Flashpoint continuity? With a costume that elaborate, even if it is only for Flashpoint, I'd assume that we'd see him again some time later in the season.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

I'm not really liking the new villain speedster costume. I mean, I like the Batman costume, but I think the problem is that I look at it and it looks too much like Batman so it distracts me. It could be worse though.

I wonder if when Barry gets back to his own time he finds that Wally became the Flash instead somehow?

Grant didn't mention Tom Cavanagh being back with the rest of the cast, so I wonder if he is still a regular on the show. I haven't heard anything about him being on set, but then, my internet sucks so I can't spend much time searching.

(edited)
On 7/14/2016 at 0:07 AM, zannej said:

I wonder if when Barry gets back to his own time he finds that Wally became the Flash instead somehow?

I think that's a real possibility. It might only be for Flashpoint. I'm not sure if the show is ready to have two hero speedsters as regulars. ... On the other hand, I do want to see Barry in a mentor role, so Wally would have to have powers in the normal(?) timeline.

--------------------------------
Armen Kevorkian is directing episode 3.03 (he directed 2.20 "Rupture" last season) :

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Trailer.

And this.

Arrow's Katie Cassidy Now a Series Regular Across All CW Hero Shows

http://tvline.com/2016/07/23/arrow-katie-cassidy-series-regular-flash-legends-of-tomorrow/

Never had any problem with Cassidy and her previous appearances on Flash, so I wouldn't mind seeing her again. Although, it's getting beyond silly that they keep finding new ways to bring characters back from the dead.

It looks like Flashpoint may last a couple episodes at least. I'm actually really surprised we got so much footage; last year there wasn't any. I know it's just a short teaser, but there must be broader effects of Barry's reset -- that's why I think the Flashpoint timeline has to last a while.

So Dr. Alchemy is the big bad? Will have to look him up. I hope they don't try and pretend that's not who Felton is playing. I'm so over that, two seasons in a row.

Really interested in how Cisco managed to become "the richest man in the world."

WestAllen not dead! But is Eddie still around?

• Love 2

She is not being revived. LL/BC as played by Cassidy is dead. She appears on Arrow only in flashbacks. Her character on the Flash as BS isnt dead. And LOT has time travel so this isnt reviving a character from the death.

• Love 1
(edited)

Unlisted (but official--its on WB TV's actual real channel) Comic-Con Flashpoint Reel:

They're going about this quite differently than I'd thought they would. I like what I'm seeing here.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

So will Flashpoint be all season or just a certain number of episodes?  If so, how many?  Although I am open to trying different things, what works for this show is the relationships that they have with each other.  If there is no Barry and Joe, Barry and Harry or whomever he is, Cisco and Caitlyn, etc. I don't know how that will play over an entire season.

Will Eddie be a character next season? 

• Love 1

From the hints I gathered from Grant Gustin's Comic Con interviews, I honestly think Flashpoint is the premiere episode only. It sounds like Barry tries to fix it, but can't get everything back perfect and the ramifications are what last all season long. But I'm pretty sure they're going back to the original relationships by the second episode. We'll probably just get a bunch of new characters because of it.

• Love 3
(edited)

That's interesting; because the info from Comic Con makes me think Flashpoint will last at least 2 episodes -- because Barry probably won't realize the full, negative consequences of resetting the timeline until the end of the premiere, and then the next episode he tries to do something about it.

I mean, Earth-2 lasted 2 episodes; so I think Flashpoint will at least be that long.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
(edited)

From the hints I gathered from Grant Gustin's Comic Con interviews, I honestly think Flashpoint is the premiere episode only.

I think so too. 

But a 2-parter is a possibility too. 

I wonder what changes will carry over,? seems like Wally will remain KF after the universe is fixed but what else. 

Edited by WildcardC
  • Love 1

I loved the highlights video. Cisco as the richest man in America! LOL.

I also loved near the end when Eobard was shouting "Now who's the villain, Flash? Now who's the villain!" At least he had a bed in that little cell (although still no signs of a toilet).

• Love 1

I sense I am in the minority thinking that this is going to be an entire half-season thing.  They'll echo the old relationships to reinforce them once the timeline is "fixed". And it will be.  Barry's parents have to wind up dead meat or there's no grand lesson to be learned.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kromm said:

I sense I am in the minority thinking that this is going to be an entire half-season thing

The only reason I don't think it will last that long is because I assume the producers/etc. will want everyone in sync for the 4-way crossover. I wouldn't mind them spending that long in an alternate timeline -- IF they can do it well.

3 hours ago, Kromm said:

They'll echo the old relationships to reinforce them once the timeline is "fixed". And it will be.  Barry's parents have to wind up dead meat or there's no grand lesson to be learned.

One thing I'm worried about with this reset is that a bunch of the good things from the past two seasons will be overwritten along with the bad.