Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Thanksgiving IV

Cranberry

Winston sure was a pretentious ass with the lunch lady. Seemed out of character.

On a superficial note, I hate Jess/Zooey's look lately. The hair, the too-pasty white skin, the troweled-on old lady lipstick.

I loved it! Everyone sitting around at the beginning making fun of Schmidt's hat felt like season 1. "Friends, ex-girlfriend, Winston." Poor, poor, foot loving, just wants to get smacked around, Winston.

I liked all the dates. Except Lucy but she turned out to be an anti-Semite so....But I'd like to see Pepper and the lunch monitor again.

"He fought in Korea. I'm still not sure which side but he is a warrior!"

I ship Jess and Ryan. Really hard.

I think Bangs-giving started out just about hooking up but I think it changed by the end. Jess and Nick both admitted they wanted something more. Schmidt and Cece turned down their dates to spend time with each other. Winston and Coach seemed to actually like their dates and they were pretty awesome.  

On a superficial note, I hate Jess/Zooey's look lately. The hair, the too-pasty white skin, the troweled-on old lady lipstick.

I couldn't stand her dress. It was like a trashy renaissance fair dress.  

• Love 1
Winston sure was a pretentious ass with the lunch lady. Seemed out of character.

I agree. He dated that crazy bus driver lady with the bird but a lunch lady is cause for him to hesitate?

Lucy but she turned out to be an anti-Semite

Heh, she kind of reminded me of Debra Messing's character on Seinfeld for that reason.

Poor Pepper. She is probably used to guys being afraid of her, intimidated by her, etc.

Yeah, it's been a long time since they've had an episode with no sex talk. It's not like it offends me but I know they are capable of being funny without it so after awhile it just feels lazy. That being said, I did laugh at Jess trying to be sexy in her apron and oven mitts.

I think Bangs-giving started out just about hooking up but I think it changed by the end. Jess and Nick both admitted they wanted something more.

Yes but then Jess slept with Ryan, which was kind of disappointing.

• Love 1

The sex thing doesn't bother me much. They're attractive single people in their early 30s, so my assumption is sex is a big focus of their lives. It isn't as if any of them except Jess have been shown to be particularly noble.

Really, it's most likely backlash from all the coupling they did last year that didn't go over so well. And part of the focus of this episode was showing that they are all ready for something more than just sex.

• Love 2

The actor who plays Tran (Ralph Ahn) just does SO much to create a memorable character without saying a word. I love him and his role as Nick's mute therapist.

I thought the episode in general was pretty good. It started out with Schmidt trying to arrange casual hookups, but in the end he was more interested in spending time with Cece (and she with him), and poor Jess and Ryan finally got together. Winston was initially kind of an ass towards the lunch lady and Coach was intimidated by the cop, but both got past it and everyone lived happily ever after, even Nick meeting up with Tran's lovely granddaughter. So no complaints from me about the plot.

But a lunch lady made Winston eat an entire tray full of tater tots in front of the whole school.  I thought that's why he had an issue with being with a lunch lady (but no problem with a lunch monitor).

• Love 5

Favorite line of the night was when the lunch lady said they're not called that anymore, and Winston said "Like the way we can't call little people shrinkies anymore." OMG, I about fell out of my chair. Shrinkies! 

• Love 4

Loved Jess(?) saying to Schmidt that the hat made me look like a Jewish Pharrell.

Cracked me up when Pepper takes off her coat, and Coach says, "Arms!" It was all in the delivery.

I also loved Nick's description of Thailand Monopoly: "All the squares are jail except for one piece of property which we can fight each other for." 

Coach doing all the English accents of Ryan during sex was really funny.

I was surprised that Pearl would still want to spend time with Winston after he plopped some gravy onto a plate, and she playfully said, "Excellent form," only to have Winston then say, "You don't have a hard job." I still thought it was funny, esp with how he said it, but whoa that was harsh.

• Love 1

This was a funny episode, despite it feeling like a rehash of a few different episodes from earlier on (especially the season opener with the weddings). I also normally really dislike holiday themed episodes but I've always liked New Girl's episodes. But I think this whole "everyone's single" thing that they've used this entire season will get old soon. It's nice to see some actual relationships and not everyone dating.

Loved seeing Tran again - and he has relatives! Who talk!

I was surprised that Pearl would still want to spend time with Winston after he plopped some gravy onto a plate, and she playfully said, "Excellent form," only to have Winston then say, "You don't have a hard job." I still thought it was funny, esp with how he said it, but whoa that was harsh.

I know! When he said that, I actually thought, "That was way harsh, Tai."

• Love 2

"i don't think i can even look at him without getting pregnant" followed by CeCe's reaction shot was sooo accurate. my friends make that face whenever i'm attracted to someone. also, i used to mock my friends British stepfather having sex in the exact way that Coach mocked Ryan. basically, this show is my life as a sitcom.