Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Unplugged

• Start Topic

What the actual fuck just happened? Ok fine, this is Lois' coma dream, but we went from last week, with Megan in the hospital and Lois ripping the mask off her attacker to Father Charlie in the paper and Sister Megan stabbing Lois.

I get we switched realities but it feels like we skipped 3 episodes straight to the finale.

• Like 3

We have spent nearly 7 episodes with the most unreliable narrator — Lois Tryon. This show is not to be trusted.

Even in Lois’ subconscious mind, the reveal of Father Charlie being Grotesquerie is very anticlimactic. I hope the actual Grotesquerie will be revealed in a memorable, twisted way.

Is Lois the actual Grotesquerie? We know she is capable of doing darker things. We also know she can stitch. Remember the turducken?

Or… Dr. Charlie Mayhew could be the Grotesquerie in real life too. He could be talking to comatose Lois about the murders he committed or about to commit. 

The motel scenes in E05 make sense now. In Lois’ mind, she wishes she could’ve done more for Andrea.

The fight sequence between Niecy Nash and Micaela Diamond is way more epic than Meryl Streep/Melissa McCarthy’s fight in OMITB. It’s well shot and choreographed. 🔥

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Wickedeve said:

Reminds me of All That Jazz with a dash of serial killer and a whiff of the apocalypse.

Now see: you’ve almost got me interested to watch such a thing.

Almost.

But having sat through the shitshows of Murphy’s Delicate and Capote and the Swans (both series so appalling that all of us posters in those threads bonded like survivors do after — well, after wasting a lot of time watching utter pointless dreck), I just can’t.

• LOL 3

Ryan Murphy is good at starting new series and creating interesting characters, but seems to falter when it comes to making an interesting/satisfying conclusion. So instead of infuriating us by writing a lousy ending, he decided to start a new series with interesting characters instead. I guess you have to play to your strengths.

• Like 3

Not Murphy worst work by far, I enjoyed the reveals of reality vs Lois’ fever dream. Interesting that in Lois coma dream she made the daughter a loser and Travis Kielce the good one. And that the girlfriend nurse is some type of sex worker was interesting. After the mess that has been AHS lately, I’m still enjoying this but it might just be my low expectations at this point.

• Like 2

So FX used to have this annoying issue where if you didn’t catch a 60+ minute show during its 10 PM premiere and instead tried recording a later rerun, you’d often end up with the last 10 minutes of the first episode, most of the reaired one, and then the recording would just cut off. This happened to me multiple times with AHS over the years, and... it happened again with this episode. My recording opened with the Lois/Megan fight.

Some of the monologues and dialogues are getting too long, and I’d been fast-forwarding through them.

I do love Nicholas Alexander Chavez, though, so I might just record the final episodes to catch his scenes.

• Like 1