Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

HBO documentary that premieres July 13 at 8pm ET and streams on Max

Synopsis: In Faye, the first feature documentary of the Hollywood legend, Academy Award-winning actress Faye Dunaway candidly discusses the triumphs and challenges of her illustrious career, with breakthrough, Academy Award-nominated roles in “Bonnie & Clyde,” “Chinatown,” and “Network” – for which she won Best Actress in 1977 – while also reflecting on the film “Mommie Dearest,” which she views as a critical career misstep.

Through those reflections, she courageously explores personal discoveries, including her struggles with mental health issues and bipolar disorder, her family history growing up in a small town in Florida, and how the intensity of the characters she played still impacts who she is today. In addition to Faye, the film features interviews with her son, Liam Dunaway O’Neill, and her colleagues and friends, including Sharon Stone, Mickey Rourke, and James Gray.

• Useful 1

Quite good documentary. It was interesting hearing her talk about her bipolar disorder and how it affected her and the importance of taking medication. I also didn’t know all the details about her career. It was interesting hearing her talk about “Mommy Dearest” and how it hurt her career but she didn’t disown it. It was such an over the top overwrought movie, you would think they would see it in the rushes and correct things

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'm a big fan of FD, so I loved the appreciative tone.  I can't even begin to think of 70s cinema without FD.  I'm especially impressed with how FD seems to be cool with Roman Polanski after he treated her like crap during the filming of Chinatown.  And I absolutely love the contrast of the fraught relationship between Joan Crawford and her daughter with the loving and supportive relationship of FD and her son.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Very unlikeable woman who has had some bad plastic surgery. 

I found her to be extremely likable with some decent plastic surgery.  At least she still looks like Faye Dunaway.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I found her to be extremely likable with some decent plastic surgery.  At least she still looks like Faye Dunaway.

Barely recognizable. And from what I’ve read and what I am seeing on this documentary, she was insufferable to work with. just in the first half an hour of viewing this she was nasty to people at least three times.

Edited by chediavolo
4 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Barely recognizable. And from what I’ve read and what I am seeing on this documentary, she was insufferable to work with. just in the first half an hour of viewing this she was nasty to people at least three times.

That doesn't make her unlikable.  I love a difficult woman!

• Like 1
  • Love 1