Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: It Was a Good Jay

• Start Topic

After clamoring for a win all season so he could go into the Arena and earn a star, one player puts it all on the line for redemption. A quirky All-Star finds his game at risk again, but retaliates with an unexpected power play.

Air date: June 5, 2024 on Paramount+

Well, nice to see Adam hasn’t changed in 20 years. Still voting his “friend” Steve in, still a bully, and still a crybaby when things don’t go his way. Way to mature!

I’m an old timer so I don’t know these newer challengers, but good on Jay for keeping his word. Next time I hope he chooses something that doesn’t involve colors!

• Like 9

Wow! Adam’s savagery comes out. Is this what Adam used to be like back in the day?

I think next week will be a double eliminations, and I’m sure the final elimination. I think there are 12 episodes this season.

Oddly, I find myself rooting for Averey and Veronica to make it past the final eliminations with stars.

if I were Jay, I still would have went down into elimination. However, I would have went against Leroy because Leroy panics in water.

• Like 5

How exactly did Steve betray Adam???? Wasn't Adam the one who started the votes for Steve to protect himself? And now Steve's the asshole? Steve's just minding his business, doing he is hand care, sometimes exercising, and just winning eliminations. Steve's not worried about you Adam. 

Jay can barely swim and can't see colors, so he throws himself into a elimination where both of those things are crucial for the win? Jay, dude! 

• Like 4

Wow Adam is an a-hole. What did he think was going to happen when he voted his friend in elimination? I actually enjoyed Jay this season and will miss him but I'm happy for Steve. Next week has got to be a double or some kind of purge right? I saw somewhere that there were 12 episodes so one more and then final should be it. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, LadyNebula said:

Well, nice to see Adam hasn’t changed in 20 years. Still voting his “friend” Steve in, still a bully, and still a crybaby when things don’t go his way. Way to mature!

I’m an old timer so I don’t know these newer challengers, but good on Jay for keeping his word. Next time I hope he chooses something that doesn’t involve colors!

Heh.  I hadn't ever seen Adam in an original season, so I was going to ask if he was always a bitch.  Guess he was.  

It would have been better if Jay had said out loud "I can't pull a Laurel, so I'm going in."  Would have cooled Nicole's jets a little.  But I do think he should have kept Leroy.  Leroy's not good in water but maybe it's more with swimming than just jumping in and out.  For all his deficits, Jay did pretty well though.

Poor Steve ruining his "quick shower" with his soap and his exfoliating scrub and his leave in conditioner, nothing fancy.  Just a quickie. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Veronica has been coasting with her star most of the season, and Ace gets two stars handed to him without having to risk himself. That is just hilarious to me.

Seems like Steve is likely making it to a final this season. Good for him.

Jay got eliminated but I thought this was a good redemption season for him. He got a decent amount of camera time. He will always be remembered as the guy that couldn't drink the drink though. He's never escaping that legacy. We won't let him 😂 

Also, we saw Leroy packing up the frozen milk for their baby. Kam said on the podcast that production and the cast was extremely accommodating to her breast pumping schedule. They gave her a private space where she could she could pump. They provided the freezer. They would work the daily challenges around her pumping schedule so if she needed to pump before a challenge, they would wait for her.

For the last woman to win an elimination, they could take Cara's star at the last minute. If Cara doesn't win, I'm thinking the best chance to defend her star is to go into elimination.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

For the last woman to win an elimination, they could take Cara's star at the last minute. If Cara doesn't win, I'm thinking the best chance to defend her star is to go into elimination.

This has been my fear for a while now. That Cara will end up in the middle group and someone will jump in and steal her star to keep her from the final. If it's double I wonder if she could even win an elimination but then one of the men take her star and give it to someone like Flora who isn't a threat to them, but I don't think any of the current male star holders would do that. Maybe Leroy but I doubt it. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, LadyNebula said:

Yep, I was like "oh there he is, Adam is back." I didn't recognize the elder, supposedly zen Adam, but THIS dickhead is unfortunately quite familiar.

And how interesting that this fight played out almost identically to the Trishelle/Katie fight from a previous All Stars. A friendship between 2 40-somethings that dates back to the early aughts absolutely blown to smithereens over a tv show. 

Not at all surprisingly, Trishelle took exactly the same tack as Adam, making an entirely personal attack about Katie's personality, number of friends, relative popularity. Trishelle and Adam used to date, they should've spared the rest of the population and just stayed together. 

That being said, I get the feeling that the editors or production or someone involved with the show doesn't like Steve. His edit is subtly negative in a way that suggests he's not a favorite of the crew. That doesn't in any way excuse Adam's tantrum or his hurtful words, but it does make me wonder if Steve's weirdness is much more uncomfortable in person. 

This has been my fear for a while now. That Cara will end up in the middle group and someone will jump in and steal her star to keep her from the final. If it's double I wonder if she could even win an elimination but then one of the men take her star and give it to someone like Flora who isn't a threat to them, but I don't think any of the current male star holders would do that. Maybe Leroy but I doubt it. 

It's a single winner challenge for $250k, I think that could motivate just about anyone to try to give themselves the best chance at winning. If that means Cara goes, I think most of them would do it. The only one I could see not doing that is Ace because he's playing a different game than the others and seems to have had his life financed first by family and later maybe by businesses, he's never come across as money hungry.

I'm not sure what magic powers Ryan has, but everyone seems to want to help him out at every turn. Granted, he might be someone they'd want in the finals because he's smaller and maybe not as fit as the others, but interesting that he's so protected. 

I get a kick out of Veronica worrying about keeping her star, like what possible final could she win? Her best hope would be if the other 5 star holders spontaneously break their legs somehow, otherwise, she has zero shot. 

• Like 1

I don't remember Adam from back in the day.

Yeah what a bitch, vote Steve in and not expect to get the star taken.

People who get voted in can probably deduce how the votes went but I can see the producers just telling or showing them the vote.

Makes things more spicy.

Yeah LeRoy didn't want to jump in that water.  I don't blame him regardless of how well one swims.

Problem is, in the finale, there's a good chance of something to do with water, either swimming or kayaking or whatever.

Jay was allowed to propel himself in the Daily, not even try to use the lasso at all.

I don't recall TJ's directions but producers probably let it slide so that he wins and we could have this narrative about him promising to go in.

• Like 1

I don’t rethink I’ve seen any previous Adam seasons, and now I’m glad. What a total dick. It’s okay for him to vote his friend in and be all “nobody should feel bad about these tough votes” but then he was in tears when Steve took his star. What the fuck did he expect? Betrayal goes both ways, asshole.

• Like 4
On 6/5/2024 at 8:48 AM, AntFTW said:

Wow! Adam’s savagery comes out. Is this what Adam used to be like back in the day?

I think next week will be a double eliminations, and I’m sure the final elimination. I think there are 12 episodes this season.

Oddly, I find myself rooting for Averey and Veronica to make it past the final eliminations with stars.

if I were Jay, I still would have went down into elimination. However, I would have went against Leroy because Leroy panics in water.

That's what I was thinking! Leroy's biggest weakness is the swim challenges.

As CM pointed out, keeping your word on this show doesn't often work out for you financially, but I am still glad Jay gave it his best shot.

I also agree about Averey and Veronica. They've been pretty non offensive this whole challenge.

And I am so bored with the Laurel and Nicole story. How many seasons are they going to milk this?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I also agree about Averey and Veronica. They've been pretty non offensive this whole challenge.

I'm starting to really side eye Averey since she chose Adam as her boyfriend lol.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm starting to really side eye Averey since she chose Adam as her boyfriend lol.

Well...there is that, especially given the fact that I read (can't remember where) that not only did Adam have an SO when he was on this show, but his SO was watching his kids (she is not their bio mom) so he could do this show.

• Useful 2
11 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Well...there is that, especially given the fact that I read (can't remember where) that not only did Adam have an SO when he was on this show, but his SO was watching his kids (she is not their bio mom) so he could do this show.

Isn't he married or no? I feel like he said that on the show.. or am I pulling that out my ass? 🤔

10 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Isn't he married or no? I feel like he said that on the show.. or am I pulling that out my ass? 🤔

Not 100% sure, but I believe he is divorced and has two kids with his ex wife. The woman he was purportedly with was a girlfriend, not his ex-wife. I am inclined to believe this, given that if you google All Stars 4 spoilers, there is like a crowd sourced list of 100% accurate spoilers going back months ago, which was based off the scrutiny of all contestants' social media. His profiles have since been scrubbed, but at the time of filming, his posts included the girlfriend. Reportedly, calls were filmed between his girlfriend and him that were not included on the shows. I don't know why his girlfriend was watching his kids instead of his ex-wife and can't vouch for the accuracy in that statement.

That said, if true, what a complete jerk, and there is no way Averey didn't know about it.

• Useful 1

I actually believed Adam had calmed down with age. Nope... he is still a colossal jackass. 

I too am sick to death of Laurel and Nicole... it is a hard watch especially knowing how spectacularly Nicole blew the whole thing up post-show (along with someone else's marriage from what I understand). I am guessing Laurel can't even watch herself cooing all over Nicole. But she truly should have known better. 

I am rooting for CM because I think her winning would bug the most people and I am here for it. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Rolled my eyes at Laurel's explanation at the top of the episode. I really hope she is frozen out of getting a star. I was so worried that Jay would pull a Laurel and let Lerooty and Steve do the elimination. After seeing how everyone reacted to Laurel doing that, Jay probably thought better of it. What bad luck to have that challenge for him as soon as he won to put himself down. I thought at the very least he would change his mind about saving Leroy and think that Leroy would be his better shot at winning. I bet Ryan wishes he didn't go back on wanting to go into elimination after seeing the actual elimination. It just feels like everyone is playing a scared game. I don't like it. Then they will be crying in their confessionals at the final about how they didn't get their star and it hurts so bad to watch the others start the final without them. Cue the violins. 

• Like 7
(edited)
47 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

It just feels like everyone is playing a scared game. I don't like it.

Same. I hate it. Even Laurel, which is disappointing because she's not known for playing a scared game.

That's why I liked Kam being on the show. She might be petty and talk about missing her baby too much and whatever else, but one thing she doesn't do and hasn't done this season is play a scared game. I appreciated that. I appreciated her willingness to take shots at Cara, the favorite to win the final, when no one else would. No one else is giving us that and that's so disappointing.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 4

Reading the news about Adam’s past relationship, I feel like a sucker buying into his redemption story. A lot of him being an ass on RR10 was tied up to his showmance with Ellen, but he was a dick in his own right. He managed to keep that up in The Gauntlet, to the point where I rejoiced at his early boot in Gauntlet 2 (one of the few bright spots of that season). Listening to him rail on Steve in his interview . . . what did he expect? He voted Steve into Arena, and regardless on whether the deck was stack in his favor, he won . . . and he had to steal a star. Fuck Adam and his stupid gold pants.

I’m hoping Steve wins it all, because he doesn’t seek out to stir the pot. Right now, I figure he rates above just Ace and Veronica in star holders, with the likes of Cara Maria, Leroy and Nicole miles above him. Who else do you expect to win? Cara has the camera time, the Challenge Gods owe Leroy, and Nicole could rock a final mission if she hasn’t cracked enough bones in whatever she’s been doing with Laurel.

Is it bad that I find Ace to be wishy-washy? You got a star, man. Rejoice!

The biggest redemption story to end was Jay’s. The guy finished well in most missions, and he went into the fire where the logical move would’ve been to hope for one more round. As much as I feel TJ’s praise isn’t something that should be so coveted, I’m glad that Jay redeemed himself.

• Like 3
On 6/5/2024 at 7:18 PM, WInterfalls said:

This is a good article with Jay where he was spilling some tea regarding the Nicole/Cara and Nicole/Laurel dynamics. 

Thanks for the link.

Laurel is an unstable personality.   In the early years, I thought she was just antisocial and mean.   Now she seems bipolar.

I wouldn't let Dr. Stuckey anywhere near my dog.