Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E09: My Precious Cacao

• Start Topic

I'm among those who find Ricky and Cesar interesting, and I always laugh at them scurrying on their short (but fast) little legs to the mat.  One quirk of mine is that I really enjoy how people describe images verbally--e.g. how they remembered the luchador masks--and I got quite a giggle at Cesar calling one of the petroglyphs "angry calamari."  (Not sure if that's the one Melissa said to him, "that one's 'Bus'").  

This is the season of the nicknames--Letecia is Chichi, one or both of the female couple called each other Bobo, and it cracks me up any time Shane calls Juan "Juancho."  Also, enjoy etymology as you may begin to suspect I do, it amuses me that the names Shane and Juan are both derived from "John."  

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was hoping that Melissa and Yvonne would pull it out at the end, but it they were just too far behind. Good luck to them and their child.

On 5/9/2024 at 12:15 AM, Netfoot said:

And just curious. The judge for the Stones-With-Glyphs challenge. WTF was she wearing?!??

I was wondering if those people's traditional dress would be for the women to be topless (and also no underwear under the loincloth thingy), which of course wouldn't work on TAR.  Because yeah, those things seemed only a step up from coconut bra.

On 5/10/2024 at 8:37 AM, PurpleTentacle said:

I think it's because they have nobody to challange them. They are really fun on paper, but seeing somebody win all the time, with ease, is just not that interesting.

I still really like them, but I hope they come back another time and have to compete against competent teams.

Nailed it. I don't have any problem with them at all, but I would love to see them have to compete against any of the top five teams last season. For some reason, this group as a whole is just not great. I do like Rod and Leticia and the pilots. Yvonne and Melissa - didn't even know they were on this show until a couple episodes ago and they were still completely boring. Vinny and Amber - get off my tv and get away from each other. Did he actually snipe at her to tie her shoes???? He is THE WORST!

I find myself waiting to watch this. It's such a let down after last season. The locales all seem the same, and it's beyond boring to have the same team win almost every single leg.  The minute they are in the lead, the episode feels over for me because ho hum, Ricky and Ceasar in first again. Snore. Even Phil is trying to encourage the other teams to try to beat them!