Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Live Thread

• Start Topic

When Rita stands up her outfit looks like shorts, a bustier and those sleeve/gloves with the feathers. I'm revising my opinion down; that's just weird.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

No Rita, you don't know that voice, anymore than you recognized Clay and Rueben in the previous round. If the spoilers are right, then only people who personally know this guy will recognize his voice.

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Edit : Why does Clock seem to have an accent tonight? I’m not remembering it from past weeks. 

Maybe she was disguising it, but her son's call overwhelmed her and she forgot.....

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BMGepinniw said:

Maybe she was disguising it, but her son's call overwhelmed her and she forgot.....

I actually heard it more in the clue package than after the performance.

I still like Gumball, think PoodleMoth is going home since Jenny guessed right(although I don’t know her connection to Robin’s dad), and am amazed this show got Goldfish(if she is who I’ve seen rumored). 

• Like 2

Given that I think most of us think these results are pre-determined before things start airing, I wonder what would happen if the chosen one to move on completely bombed a performance? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

if the chosen one to move on completely bombed a performance? 

I suspect these vocals are all pre-recorded. I can't imagine being able to actually sing in those outfits.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 5/8/2024 at 8:03 PM, NeenerNeener said:

I suspect these vocals are all pre-recorded. I can't imagine being able to actually sing in those outfits.

I don't think they're pre-recorded.  There have been slip-ups, i.e. laughing in the middle of a song, jumbled words, etc.  I think what you see is what you get.

(edited)

It looks like tonight's show may be a clip show. Ugh. They're dragging the end out as long as possible. According to the IMDB the actual finale is next week, 5/22.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1
On 5/10/2024 at 2:34 PM, Gemma Violet said:

I don't think they're pre-recorded.  There have been slip-ups, i.e. laughing in the middle of a song, jumbled words, etc.  I think what you see is what you get.

It's still possible for some, if not all, to be pre-recorded, if they give a limited number of takes and the best one of the two or three still has some flubs in it. I find it hard to believe that Dick Van Dyke and William Shatner were singing live in those costumes at their advanced ages.

57 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

It looks like tonight's show may be a clip show. Ugh. They're dragging the end out as long as possible. According to the IMDB the actual finale is next week, 5/22.

Based on my tv, the first hour is clip show and the second hour is going from 3 to 2. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Hey. Nick is wearing  a shirt again tonight. 

Gumball should go home tonight.

From these clips, Starfish should have gone home much earlier than she did.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 3

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but Nick’s quip at Ken being a bad guesser seems a little uncalled for given Ken’s gotten 3(?) correct this season. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

The panel will never guess who Gumball is. If they didn't recognize the Beets who were actually in a singing competition they won't have heard of this guy. Friday Night Lights was too long ago.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 4

These “super easy” clues tonight are sadly not giving me any additional insight. Kinda wish we skipped this and had all 3 in the finals this season. I wonder why they decided to do it this way since we’ve had 3 and 4 in the finals before. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

I wonder why they decided to do it this way since we’ve had 3 and 4 in the finals before. 

Maybe they're short on programming because of the strike last fall, so they have to stretch this out.

That's an odd song choice for this show, Goldfish.

Rita's on fire tonight.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 2
9 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Maybe they're short on programming because of the strike last fall, so they have to stretch this out.

That's an odd song choice for this show, Goldfish.

Rita's on fire tonight.

She certainly is!  And she didn't push a button, JENNY!  Last nerve, and Jenny's on it tonight.  

• Like 2
(edited)

I’m loving the variety of artists/genres Gumball has picked this season. There have been contestants in the past who just do the same thing week after week, which IMO is boring. 

The judges all look nice tonight. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 4

This has been my favorite performance from Gumball.  He did a great job.  

8 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

And when they finally reveal who Gumball is, everybody is going to say..."Who?"

Other than Goldfish...she's worked with him.

• Like 3
(edited)

It would’ve been fun if Nicole could have popped up this season, even as a Wildcard for a one-off episode, but I’m confused why they keep guessing her as Goldfish sounds nothing like her. 

Edit : I take back what I said about the judges earlier. I don’t like the bottom of Rita’s dress. It would look better if it was the same length all around, regardless of short or long. 

Edit 2 : Damn, Gumball gonna make me cry tonight. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Is Rita not coming back next season?

I thought she was since Nicole’s show is moving to Broadway once it finishes its run in London. Maybe they didn’t know that at the time of this taping, though. 

Just looked and next season is taping June 6-26. 

Bring on the blank stares when Gumball is unmasked 😆

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Yeah, it's definitely Goldfish's game to lose. Gumball's good, but it'd amaze me if she doesn't win.

But he did give her a run for the money.

• Like 4
Just now, The Crazed Spruce said:

"He coaches my son's baseball team!"

You're gonna have to narrow that down, Nick....

Aside from the twins w/Mariah, how many are old enough to be walking/playing baseball? 

Look, I love "You Oughta Know", but that song should never be cleaned up for network television. It loses that edge that makes it such a great song.

I mean, "Would she make out with you in a theatre" just doesn't have the same bite, y'know?

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

"He coaches my son's baseball team!"

You're gonna have to narrow that down, Nick....

You win the Internet today 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 5

There's absolutely no doubt that the results were predetermined. Gumball's incredible voice was so vastly superior to the mediocre Goldfish.

• Applause 3