Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Bra-gate

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Shep decides the guys need a break from the chaos of Charleston, so they escape to his family home in the North Carolina mountains. When Rod finds out about a secret rendezvous between Olivia and Austen, all bets are off for a tranquil getaway.

Air date: 11.02.23

• Like 3
On 10/30/2023 at 4:43 PM, Pop Tart said:

Air date: 11.02.23

Rod went out a couple of times only with Olivia, so I don't understand what is his problem. As for Olivia, she wants to be with an established cast member. I don't even think she likes Austen. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I think JT is just jealous of Austin's height.  The way he gets all worked up over him is weird IMO.  None of Austin's shenanigans were geared toward him so why is he more upset than Shep or Rod who were directly affected.  He seems to be a little too invested in other people's relationships if you ask me.  

• Like 15

All of this is so dumb and fake. Austin and Olivia were barely together and Rod and Olivia went on like a couple dates. Who cares.The only real thing is that Austin is a huge douchebag. He’s just so unappealing to me.

No thanks to Taylor and her family.

JT is so lame and the biggest try hard. I don’t like ppl being left out but I’l accept it or loser JT lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 13
  • Applause 2

I wonder what it is like to watch your friends defend you by basically saying, "Yeah, he's a shiftless and undependable asshole that is incapable of changing, so, what are you going to do....."

Yikes

• Like 4
  • LOL 13
4 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Austin  said, Olivia got into her comfies, I'd take my bra off as well.

Yes, but I wouldn't leave it behind because $$$$. Bras are expensive. Also not buying the good friend of Rod's who just happened to stop by soon after to bang Austin, saw the bra, immediately knew it was Olivia's and reported back to Rod.

But whatever, I will suspend my disbelief momentarily to address JT. Guy gives me the serious ick. He not funny, interesting, attractive, he's basically a little gnat scenery chewer. They all seem to dislike him, including Whitney, so how did he worm his way onto the show?

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, snarts said:

But whatever, I will suspend my disbelief momentarily to address JT. Guy gives me the serious ick. He not funny, interesting, attractive, he's basically a little gnat scenery chewer. They all seem to dislike him, including Whitney, so how did he worm his way onto the show?

My theory is that he never charges them for anything at any of his establishments including the crew so they're throwing him a bone to keep the gravy train a chugging.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3

If JT disappeared the cast would have to work harder. Hard to imagine but I think they keep him around to stir up "DRAMA".

Why are they not calling Olivia to ask if she left her bra at Austen's? Oh yea that's next week's drama.

And yea I wouldn't ever leave a bra because those suckers are pretty expensive.

And oh yea, I really like Shep's (family) cabin. That's a pretty cool place. And his mommy stocked it for her 40 year old son and his friends? Good grief.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 8
  • Love 2

You know, I have to confess that with all the atrocities going on in the world, it's actually refreshing and relaxing to have one hour a week of meaningless middle-school cafeteria he-said/she-said mind-clearing me-time where whether or not Taylor/Shep/Austen/Olivia did anything with each other is my biggest concern.

Absolutely loved that Shep put JT away from everyone else in a garage-level room with bunk beds at the lake house.  Talk about blatant shade.  The guy is such a sniveling smarmy wanna-be, and clearly they all feel that way.

Honestly, I do like Rod (the guy who likes Olivia) and Rodrigo (the guy who wants to put Shep's photo on his wall).  They seem pretty normal and chill.  

And now that Shep seems to be acting like himself again, I'm okay with him.  Plus I'm impressed that he's actually managed to keep Little Craig alive this long.  Did we ever actually learn why he named the dog after Craig?

• Like 11
  • LOL 5

The idea of the fellows discussing Olivia's bra is beyond ridiculous. Are we in the '50s? Olivia is single and Austin is single so it's no one's opinion, BUT if a random bra left around is a sign of sexual activity, I've been beyond active.

It also bothers me that all the attempted judgement and shame placed upon single Taylor, is mostly led by the women. Madison? Pot, meet kettle (except pot has been around many blocks). Olivia was never into Austin as he's not a billboard for future success.

I like Taylor and understand she's just following Austin's lead in his quest for a storyline. She kept quiet and now feels guilty. Understood, now move along. Pathetic group. It's a southern attempt at Scandoval. Yawn.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, mandymax said:

You know, I have to confess that with all the atrocities going on in the world, it's actually refreshing and relaxing to have one hour a week of meaningless middle-school cafeteria he-said/she-said mind-clearing me-time where whether or not Taylor/Shep/Austen/Olivia did anything with each other is my biggest concern.

Absolutely loved that Shep put JT away from everyone else in a garage-level room with bunk beds at the lake house.  Talk about blatant shade.  The guy is such a sniveling smarmy wanna-be, and clearly they all feel that way.

Honestly, I do like Rod (the guy who likes Olivia) and Rodrigo (the guy who wants to put Shep's photo on his wall).  They seem pretty normal and chill.  

And now that Shep seems to be acting like himself again, I'm okay with him.  Plus I'm impressed that he's actually managed to keep Little Craig alive this long.  Did we ever actually learn why he named the dog after Craig?

The bold part about Little Craig made me laugh. I could be wrong, but the naming was kind of an affectionate dig at big Craig.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Yes, but I wouldn't leave it behind because $$$$. Bras are expensive.

I bet you Austen asked her for one of her bras. It doesn't make sense that's the only item of clothing left out. Austen needed it to "be seen."

I walk through my door and that's the first thing to come off! (I doubt Olivia had on one of her good bras for Austen.)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Chicklet said:

And oh yea, I really like Shep's (family) cabin. That's a pretty cool place. And his mommy stocked it for her 40 year old son and his friends? Good grief.

Mama's boy at 43....

13 hours ago, mandymax said:

He did name Little Craig after Craig. It seems his parents have the dog a lot. Somebody said when Shep is not filming!

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I kind of find JT's awkward tryhard moments entertaining in a weird way.  But I think after this episode I'm going to be mainly watching for reaction shots from Rodrigo.  They gave me some genuine chuckles.  

I'm no Nancy Neatnik, but if I had a morning after mess left around, I certainly wouldn't let anyone film it!  Especially if it was in a place I expected to serve the public!  I hope JT doesn't get vermin, well, non-human vermin!

Madison's son and his "your little boy is growing up so fast" was one of the other entertaining moments.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Is “pandas aren’t real” an actual conspiracy that other people believe, too, or is this something Craig just made up on his own? Who’s benefiting from this conspiracy? Communist China and Big Zoo?

But I’m almost willing to buy into Pandagate more than the latest twist in the saga that is Austen’s fake love life. First they were upset that he allegedly hooked up with Taylor. Now they’re upset that he allegedly hooked up with Olivia. I actually had to rewind the show and use all my brainpower to be sure that I was right on which one is Taylor and which one is Olivia to confirm that now the problem is with the other one. I wonder what Austen was holding his tongue on saying when Rod confronted him and he was saying something like, “If you want to be in love with a girl who…” is only “dating” you as a storyline? And whomever hired JT to be the resident shit stirrer to create a “Scandoval” out of thin air and “defend the honor” of all of the delicate flowers can fuck right off. This guy has gotta go. No one likes him—viewers and castmates. Let Rodrigo take center stage—we don’t get enough of him, and every comment is charming and refreshing.

Edited by JenE4
JT isn’t JD. I miss the days of JD and T-Rav.
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Is “pandas aren’t real” an actual conspiracy that other people believe, too, or is this something Craig just made up on his own? Who’s benefiting from this conspiracy? Communist China and Big Zoo?

Kudoooz to you for "Big Zoo"!

Google says it was a TikTok theory.  Figures.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I'm not really interested in the bra story, but why would Austin have another woman in his house to hook up with just after Olivia left, if he is so in love with her (like he claimed)?

And he can stop the "I'm having therapy sessions, I want to change."

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, JenE4 said:

But I’m almost willing to buy into Pandagate more than the latest twist in the saga that is Austen’s fake love life. First they were upset that he allegedly hooked up with Taylor. Now they’re upset that he allegedly hooked up with Olivia. I actually had to rewind the show and use all my brainpower to be sure that I was right on which one is Taylor and which one is Olivia to confirm that now the problem is with the other one. I wonder what Austen was holding his tongue on saying when Rod confronted him and he was saying something like, “If you want to be in love with a girl who…” is only “dating” you as a storyline? And whomever hired JT to be the resident shit stirrer to create a “Scandoval” out of thin air and “defend the honor” of all of the delicate flowers can fuck right off. This guy has gotta go. No one likes him—viewers and castmates. Let Rodrigo take center stage—we don’t get enough of him, and every comment is charming and refreshing.

All these "scandals" all occur off camera.  But they have the whole cast talk about them, to try to convince viewers to care.

It's so orchestrated when you see two pairs of men go into separate bedrooms to have these convos.  Then they go down to the larger group and the subject is brought up again and then Rod and Austen go off to have another private convo.

Why?  Austen could just tell him nothing happened and he doesn't owe him anything anyways.  End of discussion.

Rod himself admitted he has no cause to object even if Olivia slept with Austen since he and Olivia are not together.  But he says they have chemistry.  Well if she did sleep with Austen, she's just not that into you man.

So much for chemistry, time to cut your losses.  

They also introduced these new characters kind of abruptly this season.  They claim JT, Rod and Rodrigo are all bros with SC douche bros so like Austen owes it to Rod not to hook up with Olivia.

Whatever.

Anyways, it's not even certain that any of this stuff is real and more importantly, nobody cares.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, aghst said:

All these "scandals" all occur off camera.

You beat me to it!  Where were the cameras for this Netflix and chill session with the perfect ending shot of the bra left on the ottoman?  Austen couldn't even think fast enough to make up what movie they watched.  Craig had to feed him a line.

My favorite part of the episode was seeing Taylor's absolutely adorable Grandparents!!  How gorgeous is her Grandmother?  

Well, that and Craig's stupid Panda theory.....which even he couldn't keep a straight face about!

Pretty sad when Grandparents and Pandas are the best part of a show about a group of friends in Charleston.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

I still laugh every single time useless, boring Austen clomps in with his shitty Trop Hop and they cut to everyone guzzling Bud Light. If he barks one more time that he's "in therapy," 🙄😴 I'm going to pray that the men in white coats come to take him away. Nothing against therapy, but this makes him look so weak and insincere. He's coming across like a grifter at this point with all his tailor-made (pardon the pun 🙄) manufactured housewives storylines. Yuck. Speaking of unattractive, how are a bunch of dudes sitting around gossiping and wringing their hands over 7th-grade drama from the girls' lunch table? 🤮 It's pretty bad when the only likeable dude on here has become Shep. Smh. JT in the dungeon with bunkbeds for the win! 🤣 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

I wouldn’t mind seeing more of Rodrigo tho the little we’ve seen of him has been pretty good.

The bra story makes no sense tho thinking about it. Olivia took her bra off to supposedly get comfy but then just left it there? And then Austen doesn’t move it and just leaves it there and has another girl over and she sees it instantly knowing it’s Olivia’s I guess. Why would Austen leave it out tho lol. Rod is coming across as a loser caring this much and who are all these woman getting with Austen. He’s such a generic dud who’s an asshole. Olivia sucks too.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Speaking of unattractive, how are a bunch of dudes sitting around gossiping and wringing their hands over 7th-grade drama from the girls' lunch table?

Ha!  I finally managed to watch the whole episode (I kept getting called away with higher priorities--mopping the kitchen floor, for example) and thought, what are we, 12?  The whole bra on the ottoman business just reeks.  

Olivia really is a desperate fame whore, isn't she!  My fake friend kissed my fake boyfriend when we were on a "break" and we now have the fake accidentally leaving an undergarment at my fake boyfriend's house when we were just fake relaxing?  

Lordy, it is really hard to take this show as anything other than a parody at this point.  If that is what they are gong for, they are doing a great job.....

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
13 hours ago, Vivigirl10 said:

Craig had to feed him a line.

LOL. And even then it’s the wrong movie! Ashton’s movie is No Strings Attached. FWB is by that Timberlake douche.

You guys are right - the way this “story” seems so stunted in the way Austen recalls it, the way he tells to it to other people, they way Rod confronts him about it…something doesn’t add up. So you’re telling us that production packed up for the day after Austen and Olivia had coffee and just conveniently did not shoot this part at his house? They never had problems showing Netflix and Chill before - Austen and Chelsea’s morning after was shown, and even them sharing the same bed while the other is still asleep.

And on the off chance this is really true - Olivia hung out with Austen at his place - how itchy is this guy’s dick to have a booty call right after the girl he claims to be in love with just left?! The real scandal is that no one has complained yet of getting an STD from Austen!

Edited by slowpoked
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 11/3/2023 at 6:55 AM, snarts said:

He not funny, interesting, attractive, he's basically a little gnat scenery chewer. They all seem to dislike him, including Whitney, so how did he worm his way onto the show?

He reminds me of that little weasel friend of TRav who cheated on his wife and left the show.

• Like 6
On 11/3/2023 at 12:39 PM, JenE4 said:

I did read that within the next year there will be no pandas in the US anymore.  The current two zoos have them on loan from China and because relations are frosty they are taking them back rather than renewing the loans (panda library books?).  That will just give additional fuel to Craiggy.  Maybe it’s the Adderall.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I did read that within the next year there will be no pandas in the US anymore.  The current two zoos have them on loan from China and because relations are frosty they are taking them back rather than renewing the loans (panda library books?).  That will just give additional fuel to Craiggy.  Maybe it’s the Adderall.

Maybe it's because he is not that intelligent.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

Maybe it's because he is not that intelligent.

They need to make the bar exam tougher.  I did notice he was giggling when talking about JT’s parties during the lockdown so I guess he’s not much of a fan of science in general.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

They need to make the bar exam tougher.  I did notice he was giggling when talking about JT’s parties during the lockdown so I guess he’s not much of a fan of science in general.

That's probably where he contracted covid. 

• Like 3
On 11/3/2023 at 12:39 PM, JenE4 said:

Maybe he’s talking about the sun bears?  There was a “controversy” with them.. they do look like people dressed as bears.

PS apropos of nothing but because we are talking about bears, I was reading about Communist china and how they treat animals in general and it is abhorrent.

On 11/3/2023 at 11:52 PM, aghst said:

Anyways, it's not even certain that any of this stuff is real and more importantly, nobody cares.

NOBODY CARES is the theme of the season!  Didn’t they “redo” the whole season because after they taped it, they found it super boring.. so they taped the whole season again??  And THIS was deemed the more entertaining version??!!  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 11/4/2023 at 12:39 PM, Marley said:

and has another girl over and she sees it instantly knowing it’s Olivia’s I guess

Hey - maybe Olivia just got back from sleep-away camp and she had to write her name inside all of her underwear?!  And that's what the girl saw!  I mean, wouldn't that be just as believable as any of the rest of the absolute BS they're trying to feed us??

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

UGH. I was sooooo annoyed by how they laughed at breaking Covid protocols in JT's "speakeasy". Recall seeing the episodes filmed during Covid shutdown where they were being idiots about and going out, visiting each other, catching it and passing it on. I know lots of people their age were doing the same but at least it wasn't shown on national TV while thousands were dying.

13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Maybe he’s talking about the sun bears?  There was a “controversy” with them.. they do look like people dressed as bears.

PS apropos of nothing but because we are talking about bears, I was reading about Communist china and how they treat animals in general and it is abhorrent.

NOBODY CARES is the theme of the season!  Didn’t they “redo” the whole season because after they taped it, they found it super boring.. so they taped the whole season again??  And THIS was deemed the more entertaining version??!!  

Yes, I think he meant the sun bears which when standing up look even more like humans in bear suits than panda bears do.

WOW. I totally forgot that rumor that at least the first few episodes of this season were deemed so dull that Bravo ordered reshoots. If true, this season is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. I guess that's when they dredged up stories like Bra-gate and the dumb "did they or didn't they" Austen-Taylor crap.

Whitney had to insert himself and his mom to goose the stories and get any interesting footage. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 4

Why is Bra-Gate "scandalous"? Austin and Olivia are single. Austen and Taylor were single, as well. Even Shep didn't have a problem with it (Bravo probably had an issue with him though because he didn't take the bait). Please Bravo don't force boring, fake storylines on us. This is not Scandoval.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
19 hours ago, Vivigirl10 said:

Hey - maybe Olivia just got back from sleep-away camp and she had to write her name inside all of her underwear?!  And that's what the girl saw!  I mean, wouldn't that be just as believable as any of the rest of the absolute BS they're trying to feed us??

From a woman's POV if you are going to an ex's house to relax how do you just take your bra off and what just chill?  Take your shoes, socks off but your bra?  Really?  And then you just walk out the door without it?  Hell NO!  If you've been wearing one since you were 13, 14 you're going to notice when you're not wearing it.  And how convenient it's just laying on the ottoman, like come on does Bravo think we're stupid?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

From a woman's POV if you are going to an ex's house to relax how do you just take your bra off and what just chill?  Take your shoes, socks off but your bra?  Really?  And then you just walk out the door without it?  Hell NO!  If you've been wearing one since you were 13, 14 you're going to notice when you're not wearing it.  And how convenient it's just laying on the ottoman, like come on does Bravo think we're stupid?

Personally, I don’t think I would take my bra off in anyone else’s home, unless I was staying overnight and it was PJ time. However, I think I can speak for the majority of women that you cannot fully relax and just chill in front of the TV at night (at least in your own home) until you take your bra off. So, I think that’s a viable explanation that Olivia is a bra-off TV-watcher with friends. I think leaving without the bra lends more to the comfort explanation than a moment of passion. If you had everything off and were getting re-dressed, hell no, you wouldn’t “forget” your bra. But if you innocently took it off and watched a movie, I can see forgetting to slip it back on under your clothes before leaving. She’s not very buxom, so it’s not like she’s going to bound off the couch and have her bosom slapping all around and be like, whoa, where’s my bra to lock these babies in place?

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 2

If she were trying to entice Austen, and see if she can still arouse him--after Taylor, then she took her bra off, and possibly left it on purpose.  I am not taking my bra off at just anyone's house for any reason, but then again, I'm a D cup.  You don't just let those go flying around unattended.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
25 minutes ago, zenme said:

If she were trying to entice Austen, and see if she can still arouse him--after Taylor, then she took her bra off, and possibly left it on purpose.  I am not taking my bra off at just anyone's house for any reason, but then again, I'm a D cup.  You don't just let those go flying around unattended.

Or the incident never happened but they're trying to talk it into existence, like the viewers are suppose to GAF.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

She’s not very buxom,

Excuse my ignorance but in a case like that is it worn for support, modesty, or something else?  I can see taking it off if you don’t really need it for any practical purpose and if it’s an ex maybe you wouldn’t be shy about him seeing undergarments because he’s seen much more.

On 11/3/2023 at 7:44 AM, Chalby said:

The idea of the fellows discussing Olivia's bra is beyond ridiculous. Are we in the '50s? Olivia is single and Austin is single so it's no one's opinion, BUT if a random bra left around is a sign of sexual activity, I've been beyond active.

It also bothers me that all the attempted judgement and shame placed upon single Taylor, is mostly led by the women. Madison? Pot, meet kettle (except pot has been around many blocks). Olivia was never into Austin as he's not a billboard for future success.

YEP!  This pisses me off, especially coming from Madison, of all hypocritical people.  She’s loathsome.   

Edited by CallmeCray
Punctuation, dammit
  • Like 4
On 11/3/2023 at 3:04 AM, swankie said:

I think JT is just jealous of Austin's height.  The way he gets all worked up over him is weird IMO.  None of Austin's shenanigans were geared toward him so why is he more upset than Shep or Rod who were directly affected.  He seems to be a little too invested in other people's relationships if you ask me.  

I don’t care what he is or why he is there, but I love the fact that JT keeps calling out Shep and Austen for every stupid thing they do. It’s about time someone try to hold them accountable for their shitty Peter Pan behavior. It’s not cute or funny anymore since they’re both almost 40!  So JT can stay as long as he likes as far as I’m concerned. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, hottesthw said:

I don’t care what he is or why he is there, but I love the fact that JT keeps calling out Shep and Austen for every stupid thing they do. It’s about time someone try to hold them accountable for their shitty Peter Pan behavior. It’s not cute or funny anymore since they’re both almost 40!  So JT can stay as long as he likes as far as I’m concerned. 

Shep is 43.

• Like 1