Type keyword(s) to search

Goosebumps (2023) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I enjoyed it. I would have been happy with it ending after Episode 8 but I'm glad it seems like they're planning on another season. Stellar performance by Justin Long. Don't really care much about the teenagers but I'll put up with them just to get more of him. 

I kept yelling at them to use the spell to save Isiah! Looking forward to seeing what the consequences are. 

The puppet people were appropriately creepy. Great makeup and/or special effects there.

OMG I didn't even remember where I'd seen Chris Geere (Kanduu) before. He was in a hilariously raunchy comedy on FX called "You're the Worst."

• Like 2
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

OMG I didn't even remember where I'd seen Chris Geere (Kanduu) before. He was in a hilariously raunchy comedy on FX called "You're the Worst."

Yeah, he looks very different in the Suit and longhair but, it clicked during the flashbacks to the Afghan(?) War 

On 11/17/2023 at 2:26 PM, norcalgal said:

ps…I noticed how the show took pains not to explain which war or even country it was Kanduu was fought in!  How convenient.

I noticed this too and it made me lol. I am too old for the OG Goosebumps series but my kids recently watched them and so I did as well…it’s pretty on par for the original series with dubious “foreign” locations etc. 

I sort of liked the finale but it seemed rushed in parts. I couldn’t believe they would kill off Isaiah. I kind of hope there’s a season 2 but only because I liked the teens and Chris Geere. 

• Like 1

The season probably should have ended two episodes ago, that publisher had no idea what she was going on about. That said, I love Chris Geere so it was fun getting to see so much of him and I liked Slappy's backstory, even if it felt pretty rushed and a bit anti-climactic for such an iconic character. If there is another season I will absolutely be there. 

• Like 1

I'm currently on episode three (avoiding any spoilers in this thread), but just had to say that this great little show has really hit its stride.

"What you going to do, hit me?"

Splat!

I died.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Did you feel left hanging when Goosebumps Season 1 ended leaving all those cliff hangers unresolved, as Season 2 moves on to an entirely new story with an entirely new cast? 

"Goosebumps: The Haunting Returns", a Goosebumps: The Season 1 Novel, written by Kate Howard and releasing on October 1, 2024 hopes to fill in the blanks raised by the story told in Season 1. This official novel tells the story of Season 1 of the hit series — plus additional scenes and information not seen on the show, including resolving the show's cliffhanger ending!

Discover what happens to Isaiah, Margot, Nathan, and the rest of the folks in Port Lawrence in this official Goosebumps novel based on the hit Disney Plus series! 

Thirty years ago, Harold Biddle died in a tragic accident — but there's more to the story. Now, the teenage kids of Harold's classmates are determined to find out what happened to him all those years ago…as long as Harold's spirit doesn't exact his revenge first! But Harold Biddle isn't the only monster roaming the streets of Port Lawrence. From doppelgangers to haunted books and one creepy dummy, Isaiah, Margot, James, and the rest of their friends have to fight to stay alive or risk becoming monsters themselves!

• Useful 2

Goosebumps Season 2     Disney+    8 episodes

Each season of Goosebumps will features a new story, setting and cast. 

Goosebumps Season 2 follows teenage fraternal twins, Devin and Cece, who, along with their friends, CJ, Alex, and Frankie encounter a threat, that caused their father's brother, along with 3 of his friends to mysteriously vanish in 1994.   

David Schwimmer as Anthony, a recently divorced botanist, who is on a sabbatical to take care of his unwell mother. Anthony also has to take care of his 17-year-old fraternal twins, Devin and Cece, since it is his turn to "take them" for the summer. who kind of get really entangled in unearthing this devastating, this traumatic event that happened to both of us, me, it happened to my older brother when I was very young

Ana Ortiz as Jen, a Brooklyn police detective, who was Anthony's older brother’s, girlfriend at the time, interested to know what happened over 30 years ago. 

Sam McCarthy as Devin, Anthony's son, fraternal twin to Cece, 

Jayden Bartels as Cece, Anthony's daughter, fraternal twin to Devin, 

Elijah Cooper as CJ, friend of Devin and Cece

Francesca Noel as Alex, friend of Devin and Cece

Galilea La Salvia as Frankie, friend of Devin and Cece

Stony Blyden as Trey, Frankie’s boyfriend

Eloise Payet as Hannah, one of the four teenagers who mysteriously vanished

Kyra Tantao as Nicole, one of the four teenagers who mysteriously vanished

Arjun Athalye as Sameer, one of the four teenagers who mysteriously vanished

Christopher Paul Richards as Matty, one of the four teenagers who mysteriously vanished

Sakina Jaffrey as Ramona, a mysterious woman

• Useful 1

Goosebumps Season 1      October 25, 2024     Freeform    1:30pm to midnight 

Goosebumps Season 1 will be airing on Freeform as part of their 31 Nights Of Halloween event.

• Useful 1