Type keyword(s) to search

The Secret Of Skinwalker Ranch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Granted, given what we are watching this might be too much to ask...maybe drive a few miles out and fire a rocket and see if the GPS tracks with what you see...

• Like 2

I think it's worth remembering that not only is the team doing a lot more work than we see in a less-than-an-hour show, but they have zero control over what is shown.  The production company is ultimately in charge of what makes it to our screens and how it's presented.

Personally, I'm finding this season to be highly engaging.  Aside from the drill stuff, last week's episode (Ep 7, The Cone Zone) was amazing.  In my best Jesse Pinkman voice: "Yeah! Lasers, baby!"

• Like 3

This has certainly gotten weird with The Cone!   This has brought my interest back to the show.  Makes one wonder though if these guys have blundered onto some top secret military stuff OR are being led down the primrose path of disinformation and misdirection  to prevent them from finding secret military stuff.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

This has certainly gotten weird with The Cone! 

It has! I watched a fun interview with Eric and Pete where they talked - among other things - about the different lidar instruments used during this episode, including the one that captured that particular data set. I think I'd previously only seen the drone and the SLAM scanner Kaleb was walking around with.

The Secret Of Skinwalker Ranch's Erik Bard & Pete Kelsey LIVE!! 

• Like 1
(edited)

Last week's episode had another "how on earth is that happening?" incident, followed a truly unpleasant one in a Season One sort of way:

Spoiler

Let's just say a biosensor was hurt in this episode and I won't be rewatching that part...ever. According to Kaleb on the JFree906 recap, things happen to livestock not just on the ranch, but for miles around.

As far as the first incident:

Spoiler

The rocket parachute stopped in midair for 20 to 30 seconds according to Kaleb in the JFree906 recap.  That's a lot longer than I would have guessed.  He also revealed some other behind the scenes and "left out" stuff, too.

Edited by melbaby
18 hours ago, melbaby said:

Last week's episode had another "how on earth is that happening?" incident, followed a truly unpleasant one in a Season One sort of way:

Hide contents

As far as the first incident:

Hide contents

Are you talking about the calf?  That was awful and truly unpleasant to watch.  The team talks about microwaves, but I also wonder if there are biologically based things making this happen such as bacteria being carried by vectors like insects (think diseases such as Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Plague).  

As far as microwaves, isn't there speculation that is what has affected people (in some cases very badly affected in life changing ways) in the American Embassy in Cuba?  60 Minutes recently did a story on this and how people are also being targeted in other countries.    If in fact, it was microwave energy that sickened the calf, I'd say the team would be in danger as well. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

Are you talking about the calf?  That was awful and truly unpleasant to watch.  The team talks about microwaves, but I also wonder if there are biologically based things making this happen such as bacteria being carried by vectors like insects (think diseases such as Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Plague).  

According to Kaleb, the calf, while permanently blind, is doing just fine now that it's away from the ranch.  I feel like it was a onetime, targeted event in response to the activity of the team, similar to Travis's exposure to radiation. Only he was affected.

2 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

As far as microwaves, isn't there speculation that is what has affected people (in some cases very badly affected in life changing ways) in the American Embassy in Cuba?  60 Minutes recently did a story on this and how people are also being targeted in other countries.    If in fact, it was microwave energy that sickened the calf, I'd say the team would be in danger as well. 

I won't speculate on why 60 Minutes keeps resurrecting Havana Syndrome, but various three-letter agencies and scientists had previously concluded that it was not some kind of foreign energy weapon.  Some scientists believe it was, in fact, crickets coupled with a sort of social contagion.

Edited by melbaby
Added more detail.
  • Useful 1

Okay, I realize the end of my last reply sounds crazy, but all anyone has to do to see the reporting is do a search for "havana syndrome crickets".  Depending on your search engine (I use Brave), you may have to go to the second page to begin seeing coverage by the most recognizable outlets.