Type keyword(s) to search

S02.Ep04 Bad Business

• Start Topic

Airs February 2, 2021.

While Lexi works hard on a unique set of amusement park nails, Bria remains distracted by her personal life; when the salon has trouble making rent, Jen has no choice but to ask Lexi to step it up, which leads to a mother daughter blowup. 

Edited by GussieK

I recorded last night and am 10 minutes in and already can't stand Bria's clipped way of speaking ("demanding"), her stroking of her extensions constantly, and I also want to clip Jen's bangs out of her damn eyes...

• Love 3

Poor Lexi, she really let out all the feelings that she has been suppressing.  I am glad she let Jen know exactly how she feels.  Something is very wrong with Jen’s “relationship” with Matt.  Lexi seemed to point out that Jen was always concerned about Matt.  What the hell is the obsession with this jerk.  Bria calling Jen and almost demanding the 6 grand was so annoying.  Don’t her and Matt have any of their own money to help out with that stupid wedding?  I don’t like Matt but I do have to agree with him on wasting precious invites on significant others of bridesmaids especially if they barely know them.  The scene with the Dr. was absurd.  The Dr. practically called Matt a moron afterwards.  I imagine the wedding took place in September, I assume a scaled down version.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I imagine the wedding took place in September, I assume a scaled down version.  

Yes, after lurking Bria's FB, they got married then.

Okay, finished this episode. I don't know how many more I can handle because this show is giving me the vapors. I just can't with most of these clowns and really feel bad for Lexi. Thank goodness she laid into Jen. It's completely unfair for her to carry the financial weight of the family and salon because she's the only talented and hard working of the bunch. (I was shocked though, that her nail sets go for $300-$1000 - I hope you can use those multiple times over!). 

Matt is proof that any moron can father a child. I bet bio-Mom is laughing her ass off at the two of them "trying to prepare to conceive". Bria is probably 5 month pregnant right now, which is why her FB has been quiet since New Year's. 

I am thinking there isn't much of a storyline left and maybe not many nail clients right now, hence why we are suffering through the focus on Bria and Jen. Then again, most of last season dealt with the antics of Bria as well, not sure why this show appears to be focused on Lexi and then the camera pans to her useless sister that no one cares to watch. 

• Love 3

I'm totally over seeing Jen's confessionals.  I realize the woman has lost her husband and I'm so sorry about that (but seriously - didn't anybody think to sit down with him and say "Hey, where's the money?"  Lexi is the only remotely interesting person on the show and there is too little of her.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes - that's how I feel about agreeing with Matt about the invites!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Poor Lexi, she really let out all the feelings that she has been suppressing.  I am glad she let Jen know exactly how she feels.  Something is very wrong with Jen’s “relationship” with Matt.  Lexi seemed to point out that Jen was always concerned about Matt.  What the hell is the obsession with this jerk.  Bria calling Jen and almost demanding the 6 grand was so annoying.  Don’t her and Matt have any of their own money to help out with that stupid wedding?  I don’t like Matt but I do have to agree with him on wasting precious invites on significant others of bridesmaids especially if they barely know them.  The scene with the Dr. was absurd.  The Dr. practically called Matt a moron afterwards.  I imagine the wedding took place in September, I assume a scaled down version.  

Foxy’s face when Bria demanded that money- she looked shocked and angry. Why is no one putting their foot down on Jen and Bria. Grow up you too! I’m sorry for your loss but Lexi is the only one making any type of sense. I’m so sad for her. 

• Love 3

Finally found you!  Lexi should walk away and let Jen and Bria  handle their own mess!

Are people really so clueless about their finances?  If yes Jen deserves what she gets!

I thought they might tell us how much money Big ? left them????  Thousands or millions.

What a fool Jen is blowing all that $$$ on Miss fancy pants wedding.

She better save some for a rainy day!!!

Oh I forgot.  They are reality stars so the network is probably picking up the tab!!!

I wonder if any network is interested in retired couples????  Nice work if you can get it!!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Finally found you!  Lexi should walk away and let Jen and Bria  handle their own mess!

Are people really so clueless about their finances?  If yes Jen deserves what she gets!

I thought they might tell us how much money Big ? left them????  Thousands or millions.

What a fool Jen is blowing all that $$$ on Miss fancy pants wedding.

She better save some for a rainy day!!!

Oh I forgot.  They are reality stars so the network is probably picking up the tab!!!

I wonder if any network is interested in retired couples????  Nice work if you can get it!!!!!

This is where I am really torn.  What is drama and what is real here?  They own a huge house.  How did they pay for it?  Is there a mortgage?  How would they possibly continue to live that lifestyle.  The salon isn't paying for itself, but they also lost Mike's income.  It seems like a disaster, yet they paid for a big wedding and shower.  I'm at a loss.

The fight between Lexi and her mother was very real and painful to watch--yet also seems staged.  Ah, reality shows.

• Love 3

Mike's gone but he owned a plumbing business.  Jen can run it or sell it.

I'd guess the network is paying for the shower and wedding since its being shown on the show!

Plus nice big network checks for all of them grandpa included!

And so it goes.....nobody will be going hungry there!

12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Mike's gone but he owned a plumbing business.  Jen can run it or sell it.

I'd guess the network is paying for the shower and wedding since its being shown on the show!

Plus nice big network checks for all of them grandpa included!

And so it goes.....nobody will be going hungry there!

I posted about this a couple of weeks ago. I don’t think a plumbing business has a sales value.  And Jen certainly is not cut out to run it. She would have to hire a trustworthy person to manage it. Possible, I suppose. You have to constantly get out and sell to get new business. I’m dubious. And those network checks aren’t really that large. 

However the real problem is no transparency. We don’t really know what’s going on. 

• Love 2

There are plumbing businesses where Mike straps on his toolbelt and goes out and fixes a faucet, and there are plumbing businesses which run multiple trucks and crews and have huge commercial contracts, including construction.  I'm suspecting Mike's business might have been more of the latter, given their lavish lifestyle.  That kind of business would be a saleable asset.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, RoxiP said:

There are plumbing businesses where Mike straps on his toolbelt and goes out and fixes a faucet, and there are plumbing businesses which run multiple trucks and crews and have huge commercial contracts, including construction.  I'm suspecting Mike's business might have been more of the latter, given their lavish lifestyle.  That kind of business would be a saleable asset.

Agree with this. But they are really hiding the ball from us. I suspect the truth is somewhere between the two extremes. 

• Love 1