Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Sink or Swim

• Start Topic

OK. First off, swimming (or standing (bobbing) around drinking White Claw- the "day drinkers" drink) in lakes is nasty. So much parasites, fish, amoebas, etc... I won't swim in anything but a chlorinated pool.  I don't swim in lakes, rivers, oceans, channels, locks, inlets, outlets, creeks, lochs, bays, streams, seas, harbors, ponds, lagoons, ports, brooks, bayous, motes or reservoirs.

Second, how much more disgusting can this woman get. I would be mortified to take my top off in water around a perfect stranger, especially one of the opposite sex. ESPECIALLY if he is about to get married, how disrespectful to his fiance! And, if I"m gonna pee in some water, I sure as hell wouldn't announce it to everyone.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:
13 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Guys....I am dead. I clicked on the article and that is definitely a picture of Whit.... I see you TLC

538F9CA6-18D9-446E-8D94-DBF44AC585C9.jpeg

Read more  

This will be the correct caption soon enough my friend.😏

Copying and sharing this!

• Love 4

Personally I don’t believe Buddy ever voluntarily has sex with Whitney. If they did anything ‘sex-like’ he was drunk, stoned, or both. The look he has whenever she mentions it is that of a man remembering his lowest moment of addiction. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
On 12/30/2020 at 11:47 AM, Me from ME said:

Ryan has brought in so many friends for a little bit of TLC money but is this Campbell the same "Cam" in the T'giving  shirtless incident? Not sure if she would have recognized him since she was inebriated then, but, kind of strange that both of Ryan's friends are Cams. This is beyond ridic... oh wait...no dick.

They are different people, the Thanksgiving guy had lighter sorta red hair and was paler.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 12/31/2020 at 3:37 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Personally I don’t believe Buddy ever voluntarily has sex with Whitney. If they did anything ‘sex-like’ he was drunk, stoned, or both. The look he has whenever she mentions it is that of a man remembering his lowest moment of addiction. 

There was the son of a family friend who claimed he was straight but every time he got drunk he would sexually assault me knowing I was an out gay man. Not looking for sympathy, it was basically kissing me and grabbing my genitals, I am not traumatized by it now, or at the time, even though in the time of Me Too I understand it was legit sexual assault even though I found it more annoying than anything.

Anyways, I was with the daughter of another family friend with him, a very overweight woman that I have never known to have a romantic partner, even to this day, we are both in our late 30s. He was blackout drunk, she was trashed, I was tipsy after leaving some club in Las Vegas, where, again, had repeatedly grabbed at my penis and forcibly kissed me multiple times as a "joke", as he would always claim.

Anyways, we were taking him up to his hotel room and all of a sudden she turned into crazed hornball, I had to kick her out his hotel room because I legit thought that she was going to rape this man who couldn't stand without assistance and was clearly more interested in having gay sex with me while drunk than getting with her, a woman, drunk or sober he had shown absolutely no interest in.

I remember that night so vividly, just oh my god this incoherent "straight" man who regularly sexually assaulted me and clearly wanted to have sex with me is about to be raped by this lonely fat woman WHO KNOWS that while drunk was exclusively interested in trying to have sex with men and not any woman.

I, for obvious reasons, don't have any contact with either one of them and haven't in quite awhile, I just wanted to share how I genuinely and vividly believe their crossing of the "fleshhold' went. Some sad drunk woman literally trying to strip the clothes off a unconscious closeted gay man and do, I don't even know what, suck on his flaccid penis as he slept? I honestly to this day wonder what was going through her mind at the time besides it obviously being rape.

Edited by John M

Every time Whitney said how awkward something was, she was the one making it awkward! That poor girl got bombarded with Whitney's antics as soon as she walked through the door. Also, why is she so obsessed (and pissed) about Buddy having a gf? Buddy is an adult, if he's moving too quickly that's his own problem to deal with and really not the business of anyone else.

I can't get over how she just strips in public. I thought it was bad when she would wear only sports bras and leggings in public but this is on a whole other level. She thinks people just love to see her body, I had to laugh when that guy said "yikes" because someone finally said something to express the shock that us viewers were experiencing watching that scene. After watching them all in the dirty looking lake water, I wonder if Whitney bothered to shower after 🤢 I hope whoever owns that house deep cleans all the upholstery, etc.

• Love 5
On 12/29/2020 at 11:15 PM, swankie said:

Tal must really need money.  He's really pouring it on thick about wanting Whitless back in Greensboro.  He wants his paycheck but isn't liking having to drive to get it.  Lol!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!  You're so right 😄 

On 12/30/2020 at 7:29 PM, kicotan said:

Ok, she seriously said, out loud...in front of everyone:

”Buddy and I only had sex twice...well, like one and a half...but like the one time doesn’t count”

what, prey tell does that even mean???

IMO it means she's continuing to try and make Buddy's and her relationship look like more than it ever was.

I just got around to watching this tonight so I'm late to the party, but here are some of my thoughts as I was watching:

Everyone here is very kind and goes to great lengths around here to emphasize that she's single because of her obnoxious personality rather than her obesity.  But part of it is her obesity- specifically the part that when she meets new guys they don't immediately want to date/be with her.  It irritates me that everyone acts like if she flirts with the new guy she'll automatically end up in another relationship.  When it's obvious that all new guys are thinking "Yikes!" - this one just had the balls to say it out loud.

Before Covid - she "lived in Charlotte" all that time and never made a friend?  Fabulous.  Of course I still believe that her place is an air b&b used for filming.

For everyone who wants her to live in Greensboro - I've said it before and I'll say it again - she could have a real job in Greensboro and still drive to Charlotte one day a week to film a week's worth of NoBS videos with Ryan.  Loved Ryan - "You do it Tal - you said anyone could do it and you're someone.  You'll make a lot of money."  Hee hee

Ryan really earned his check when he told us how Whit's friends were dragging her ambitious, hard-working self down.  For the rest of the episode you could practically see his overhead thought bubble looking for a countdown clock as to how much longer he had to be there 😄

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for literally ANY of these barnacles when they are talking behind Whit's back!

Also - for whomever was wondering why Buddy is always shaved and clipped outside - it's because the hair gets everywhere and it's so much easier to clean when you have the help of the wind and the great outdoors!  (It's biodegradable 😄 ). I know from experience because I have to shave Mr. P's back each year when the pool opens 😄 

• Love 8

OK I finally watched this shit show and have some random thoughts:

-I bet Heather is glad she skipped this mess

-Whit absolutely would have gone after Ryans friend if the friend was interested. Ryan may have lied to keep Whit from touching him.

-Ryan "things worked out in Charlotte for Buddy, he is living rent free and has a new girlfriend" Dead. If anyone is using and riding coat tails it is our dear lazy Buddy. At least Ryan put in the work and effort.

-"Yikes" "Why because I am fat?" No it is because you are getting naked in a dirty lake with someone you just met.  No one over 30 thinks skinny dipping is cute.

-I wanted to smack the smug smirk off Whits face when she told Ryan he is replaceable.  Tal too when he kept bleating about Whits brand.  WHAT brand?!? Did she copy write it?  Brand like her dance studio which she let flounder?  It was only successful because Ryan put in the work.  He needs to see a lawyer stat.

-Tal "I care about Whitney and want her to move back" Ryan "Really? You hardly ever saw her." Point Ryan

-Tal "I can't believe Ryan took Chases side and is being opportunistic." Tal, you half wit, Ryan is Whitney's business partner.  Chase is a life long friend.  I guess running a business where Ryan puts in over  half the work is opportunistic but you floating around a lake potentially bringing COVID back to the hospital you work at for sweet TLC $$$ is a-ok.

-Also Tal "I work in a hospital and Ryan is being oh so mean about masking up" Hey Tal if you work in a hospital you should not be travelling in the middle of a pandemic. I guess it is okay if he puts others at risk.

-Buddy's girlfriend "He makes you sandwiches and you wont even help cut his hair?" point girlfriend.

-Ashely "you dont have new friends in Greensboro either" point Ashley

-Whit "Have you slept with her? When did you meet? How often do you hang out?" How about none of your business Whit.  My friends didn't even ask me that when I was 17.

-I peed...I can't even with this.

@Hana Chan I am so sorry to hear this. You are a delight.  Sending you and your mom good wishes.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, princelina said:

Everyone here is very kind and goes to great lengths around here to emphasize that she's single because of her obnoxious personality rather than her obesity.  But part of it is her obesity- specifically the part that when she meets new guys they don't immediately want to date/be with her.  It irritates me that everyone acts like if she flirts with the new guy she'll automatically end up in another relationship.  When it's obvious that all new guys are thinking "Yikes!" - this one just had the balls to say it out loud.

Exactly! She is such a terrible person and when someone doesn't like her she automatically jumps to "it's because I am fat." No, you are a rude asshole with zero boundaries who makes everything about YOU.

I honestly think the real reason she does not want to lose weight is the fact that, even thin, she will have serious relationship and intimacy issues.  Then she can no longer blame society or blame it on the fact that she is fat. She will have to face the reality that she just isn't a very nice person.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Me from ME said:

sainte-chapelle excellent summaries. I think you enumerated everything from that dumpster fire of an episode what took you so long?🙂

Thanks 🙂 I promised myself I wouldn’t watch but after reading the comments I wanted to join in the snark.

• LOL 4

Having watched the episode following this one, I had to come back here and post that this one was much more interesting than any of them this season, IMO.  I find Ryan so much more interesting than Whit or any of the barnacles, with the exception of Todd, of course... I hope they take Todd off probation or detention or whatever reason it is they aren't letting him say much.  I guess they - the producers -can't upset the balance of cast such that it tips the scales heavier in favor of  Whitney snarkers vs. Whitney supporters.  Must we wait until Ryan makes his departure??

Edited by Cache
  • Love 3
On 1/7/2021 at 9:44 AM, mytmo said:

I just can't get past everyone just bobbin around in the piss.  Do they think it just dissipates immediately?

They've probably built up immunity to Whit's by now. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/7/2021 at 7:44 AM, mytmo said:

I just can't get past everyone just bobbin around in the piss.  Do they think it just dissipates immediately?

At least in the hot tub there was probably some disinfectant in the water, but I would still never get in after she said that. In the lake I suppose it would dissipate, but just no, she says she peed, I'd be outta there/never get in as fast as possible. IRL I would be nowhere near this heifer and her crass behavior. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

IRL I would be nowhere near this heifer and her crass behavior. 

So you are saying you wouldn’t be a barnacle and be part of her posse for money?  You and any other self respecting person!  There are some things that aren’t worth the money.  As this show miraculously slogs on I am amazed that anyone is still able to do it.  Okay, I get Buddy.  I mean, what else would he do?  And you saw how quickly he snapped back into line when Twit almost fired him over the “log” incident.  The others would appear to have skills and a means to make a living with some dignity.  I think the chub rub episode did Todd in.  I know it scarred and traumatized me forever.  Why do the others keep coming back to the trough?  The balance of them should have headed for the hills after the peeing in the hot tub episode.  Those paychecks could never wash that off me . . . 🤮  As for Chase, I think he should have done a road runner dust cloud the first time he laid between her thighs on that hammock in the beginning of their “courtship” and realized he was in for a world of stank.  How DID he get through it?  These are hard times for everyone, but I am completely baffled by this.  Picture Jessica letting Twit indulge in one of her disgusting fetishes and smell her arm pits.  Then she gets a check for $100.  Creepy, no?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

God...only 10 minutes in and Tal’s freaking upspeak is driving me bananas. What a condescending a**hole.

However - Whitney’s fabulous fat fall was one of the highlights so far. *chef’s kiss*

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
Moving this to the right thread
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

So you are saying you wouldn’t be a barnacle and be part of her posse for money?  You and any other self respecting person!  

There isn't enough money on the planet that would induce me to sit in her pee, have her smell my armpit or walk naked around me. Not enough money in the world!!!

I'm not rich by any means, but never would I demean myself like that. 🤮🤢

• Love 4
19 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Picture Jessica letting Twit indulge in one of her disgusting fetishes and smell her arm pits.  Then she gets a check for $100.  Creepy, no?

This reminds me of her cat breath habit. Recently on her IG Q and A someone asked her if she smells her dog’s breath too. She responded that she’s tried but it doesn’t “satisfy” her. So definitely it’s a fetish. She’s not just being weird. She’s completely bizarre and creepy. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

There isn't enough money on the planet that would induce me to sit in her pee, have her smell my armpit or walk naked around me. Not enough money in the world!!!

I'm not rich by any means, but never would I demean myself like that. 🤮🤢

And remember, it will be done in front of an international audience, so there is no estimating the depths of your shame!

• Love 1

Anyone being paid to be within 100 miles of this self centered mess deserves it, or is being obviously adequately compensated, so it's their choice.  The only creature I feel sorry for is that poor dog.  I've noticed how it just stands there blankly staring into the distance.  Whitney had no business bringing that dog into the disaster zone that is her life.   I actually hope she hands it off to her parents, it would be so much better off. 

• Love 5