Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Michael was called to fix a stove?  

Way way too much Lois. 

Lois pushing Sonny to come to a Quartermaine people wedding?  The fact off his meds Sonny has to bring to up the safety issues and Lois doesn't care makes me volunteer her as the next Curtis. 

Finn should not pass along the suggestion. Tracy is paying for the wedding not Lois. Lois is too busy wanting a shootout there. It's also not her place to ask for a backup. 

Dex is top 98 percent ever? 

Of course Ava has to tell Sonny about Dex. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

he John Cates and Carly scenes have me concerned--the man is massively hot, a good actor, and playing an interesting character.  Please don't taint him with the Carly.

Oh, it seems like they're definitely going there, dammit.  I'll say this: Adam Harrington was selling it today.  Like, I was swooning.  But why does it always have to be Carly?  She's an utterly unpleasant, nasty character and I don't get why all the men flock to her. 

The PCPD obstacle course had me cracking up.  It wasn't even Survivor challenge-worthy.

• Like 9
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I also LMAO at two senior officers giving Dex a private timed trial on the parking lot obstacle course. I particularly loved him running in tiny circles around a couple orange cones like he was taking a driving test without the car. And then picking up a gun pointing it through an inexplicable giant metal hoop right in front of him and emptying the clip. WTF?! 🤪 🤣

Dear John, you fuck that beast and we are THROUGH. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 3
  • LOL 15
(edited)

Gosh darn it - GH! I'm liking you again. There's a late 80s and early 90s feeling now, especially with the organic cast integration. Had Dante and Finn ever shared a scene before? Even with Dante's many hospitalizations?

Even the behavior of un-likable characters is more realistic now. The teasing banter among the Carlys and Dumbledore seemed like a real family dynamic.

8 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Dear John, you fuck that beast and we are THROUGH.

Such conflict here. Although Carly Sr. is a succubus, LW is a stunningly beautiful woman - who could blame Jagger?  And they were clearly feeling each other today. Was so worried we'd get Jasus and She-Beast Part III.

Re: Ava - hard to say what her real game is but damn - unlike a few here, I feel like those bangs have done wonders for her, dramatically softening her face and flattering its unique contours.

21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And don't shoot me, but I loved the talk about Luke and how he changed that building to the Blues Club. Great times those years; wonderful production values.

As one of the few Lucas Lorenzo Spencer fans on this site, it feels good to me. I will never get over that his character appears to be really, truly dead. In an off-screen, totally pointless death that didn't advance any particular narrative. However, IRL, even Luke detractors wouldn't want to see him as a feeble geriatric walking with a cane.

Re: Cyrus - JK has been knocking it out of the park recently. Clearly the new showrunners have decided to make his conversion totally authentic - and his chat with Laura today was some of the most mature, realistic dialogue this show has seen in ages. There was a moment there when he was discussing the failed radio show where he gave off a real John Malkovich vibe.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

Does anyone else want to see Trina and Dex get together just to watch Joss' head explode?  And who studies for a big important exam in the middle of a diner?

Couldn't stop laughing at Dex's obstacle course.  So he had to show he could shoot really fast through a little hoop with either hand?  Not sure what that proves.

So if we don't want Jagger with Carly, then who?  Is Alexis too old?  I'd like to see them together. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, luna1122again said:

I think it's kind of hilarious how they keep referring to Cyrus as 'an old man'--which, at 70, he fairly inarguably is--as if Sonny is so much younger than him, which...he is not. And with his dyed black hair and dark undereye circles (no shame, I have them too), he looks older to me than Cyrus, who, even with silver hair, has kind of flawless skin and this wide, open, youthful, handsome face. 

That reminds me of the Nixon Falls era, when we were getting constant cues, subtle and unsubtle, that we were supposed to see Lenny as a significantly older man than Sonny/"Mike," almost as if Sonny/Mike were the son Lenny and Phyllis never had. Mo is, in fact, younger than Rif Hutton...by three months! 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'll say this: Adam Harrington was selling it today.  Like, I was swooning. 

That was the worst part of it for me. Just how good he was. 

• Like 6
15 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So Anna's going to hold onto Cyrus confession so she can make a deal with Sonny at some point?  I hope Anna knows what she's doing.  

That doesn't seem legal, but it's not as if this show is ever concerned with legalities.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

There are a couple possibilities with John that would not break me:

1. He's playing Carly for info.

2. He's flirting with Carly cuz he finds her attractive, but won't actually go there cuz he is a fed and knows she is willing to lie and commit crimes for mobsters. In fact, he knows Carly HERSELF is a criminal because her CRIMES is what he is holding over Jason's head! So being a law enforcement professional, he will decline to romantically persue a criminal, or, at least, this conflict of interest will keep it to flirting, if he must.

So, of course it will be: 

3. John is lobotomized by Carly's overwhelming beauty and unequaled character and not only gets involved with her, he will never turn over the evidence against her. 🤮😠

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
8 hours ago, graight said:

And who studies for a big important exam in the middle of a diner?

When I lived in a house with 5 other roommates and had an exam in my night class, I'd go to the student union grill for to eat dinner and study. But there wasn't anyone there I knew who would distract me. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Gosh darn it - GH! I'm liking you again. There's a late 80s and early 90s feeling now, especially with the organic cast integration. Had Dante and Finn ever shared a scene before? Even with Dante's many hospitalizations?

Yes, actually. Finn and Elizabeth & Sam and Dante had a very brief period, around the time when Jason "died," where they hung out for a few eps and it was great. Sam and Elizabeth put Jason in the past, Dante and Finn got a teeny bit drunk, they had all played softball earlier. Sam got more drunk later. There was great chemistry among the four of them. Their scenes were pretty universally praised. So, of course, we never saw the group interact again.

Of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

There are a couple possibilities with John that would not break me:

1. He's playing Carly for info.

2. He's flirting with Carly cuz he finds her attractive, but won't actually go there cuz he is a fed and knows she is willing to lie and commit crimes for mobsters. In fact, he knows Carly HERSELF is a criminal because her CRIMES is what he is holding over Jason's head! So being a law enforcement professional, he will decline to romantically persue a criminal, or, at least, this conflict of interest will keep it to flirting, if he must.

So, of course it will be: 

3. John is lobotomized by Carly's overwhelming beauty and unequaled character and not only gets involved with her, he will never turn over the evidence against her. 🤮😠

Yeah, to all of this. If Jagger sleeps with the She-beast, I'd blame him 100%, as it would be unethical. She's a target of his investigations, he's using her crimes to keep Jason in line, and he KNOWS she's a criminal and a mob apologist and moll and Lady Mobster wanna-be. How anyone could find any of that attractive baffles me, no matter what she looks like (and I realize I'm not her target demographic, as in I don't have a penis, but for an attractive woman, I find LW, or, at least, Carly, just weirdly without even a hint of sexual allure. I've never found she had chemistry with anyone.) It's like forgiving Sonny's crimes cuz he's got dimples. Gross. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, tessabq said:

I think Anna will hold on to Cyrus' statement about Sonny to use as protection for Dex. 

She wants Molly to prosecute Sonny, after Joss stalked out crying, saying it's on her if Dex winds up dead because Sonny had him killed.  Btw Joss, you wouldn't receive the flag at Dex's funeral because you aren't his family.

Anna feels guilty and stupid now about Sonny. She got angry that Molly says it can't be her because her sister is Sonny's daughter and her sister is her surrogate. Has this show forgotten the word "uncle"? And has Anna had her brain zapped that she didn't realize/remember/care that Molly and Sonny are related?!

So Jason points out he would have talked her out of risking the Metrocourt, and that's all it takes for Carly to accept and go running to the Metrocourt to tell Olivia, like she's a high school girl who just got asked to the prom by the most popular guy in school?

Poor Danny, so desperate. And of course Jason can't even manage a smile when he sees him.

I laughed at the look on Nina's face when Sonny said Carly, Jason and Nina deserve each other. Re: preview - Nina, you ARE a fool! Not to mention pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

So Anna gives Robert, the actual DA, a pass on prosecuting Jason and now Sonny but makes Molly do it despite Jason being her nephew’s father and Sonny being her pregnant sister’s father even though there are 4 other ADAs who won’t have the same conflict of interests? I’m sorry, but that lady is brain dead. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wonderful. So she's regressed now? And changed her mind about what a criminal he actually is?

It took her a "long time" to see/accept what Sonny really is despite his relationship with her daughter. Molly was surprised and asked what changed, I thought you two were friends. Anna says It took her a "long time" to see/accept what Sonny really is despite his relationship with her daughter.   I have considered him a friend.  We have to do our jobs in law enforcement, not pick and choose who we go after, etc. Molly pointed out that one of the other ADAs should do it due to her own conflict of interest. Anna got mad and put pressure on Molly to do it. 

• Like 2

Everyone's reaction to Jason's sleeve cracks me up. I don't know if it's OOC for him, but a tattoo in general isn't exactly way out there.

Those aching strings playing under the Carly/Jason conversation were ridiculous. Jason chose to stay away. 

"How much am I supposed to forgive?" Way to show that unconditional love toward your kid, Sonny. It's Michael, so who cares, but the larger point remains.

Oh, Anna. Why are you justifying anything to Josslyn Jacks? And the tears? That is embarrassing. And news flash, Joss: If anyone is given a flag at Dex's funeral, it will be his family, not you.

Over/under on whether the bachelor parties both end up at the axe-throwing venue.

If Bobbie's was in NYC, Carly would be waiting for a gas hookup for months.

I love how Ava is now rethinking her plan to play devil on Sonny's shoulder: "Yikes, maybe this guy is getting way too paranoid."

Given that Dex didn't even enter Cyrus's room at GH, what weight does his statement have? At least Sonny actually beat up Cyrus.

Of course Carly gets the MetroCourt handed back to her on a platter. So much for her "I love working with the salt of the earth at Bobbie's!" At least it seemed like Nina drove a hard(ish) deal.

I am so tired of hearing about the Bensonhurst Brigade. 

• Like 5
(edited)
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"How much am I supposed to forgive?" Way to show that unconditional love toward your kid, Sonny. It's Michael, so who cares, but the larger point remains.

Michael forgave Sonny for murdering AJ. Sonny remembers that, right? I mean, that forgiveness is part of why Michael sucks (and why this interminable revenge plot over fucking NINA of all people is ridiculous), but what the fuck? Does this show think we're all Guy Pearce from Memento? Or is the show actually Guy Pearce from Memento?

ETA: Okay, embarrassing, I AM a little bit Guy Pearce from Memento, because I forgot what I originally wanted to post about, which is Molly being the ADA to try Jason and/or Sonny. This is so stupid my brain must have rejected it. I realize that, on a soap where everyone knows everyone, conflict of interest rules can't be as strict as in real life, but people can't prosecute their own freaking family members! That would be like an automatic appeal, right? IF it got as far as a conviction, which surely it would not because Diane would obviously object and even if she didn't, the judge would demand a different prosecutor.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I understand why Sonny is all over the emotional map, but what’s happening with Anna?

Tristan seemed quite frail in his last scenes which might be why Robert can’t have a major role in prosecuting Sonny (or not), but Anna went unhinged in trying to convince Molly to do it.

Are we supposed to think it’s because of Joss’ funeral tirade?

Or did Valentin do something to her off screen?

Come to think of it, everyone was so emotional today including, of all people, Jason.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Given that Dex didn't even enter Cyrus's room at GH

Didn't he?  Am I misremembering Dex going into the room with the syringe, but that Sonny go there and stopped it.  Then Nina saw Dex coming out of Cyrus's room and put two and two together.  That's why when Cyrus ran into Dex at the PCPD yesterday, he made the comment about not recognizing Dex without his scrubs.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But the point remains that Dex ultimately did nothing, so does his statement mean anything?

Dex didn't follow through the but they would charge Sonny with hiring a hitman to kill Cyrus.  They've known for years that Sonnny would get Jason to do his killing for him, but Jason always denied it  Now they have Dex admitting it, I think that's where the difference comes in.  

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

Who is dexs family

Nobody knows.  He comes from a military family, who's father and brothers were abusive douchenozels.  That's all we've been told.  

3 minutes ago, ljr said:

Why does Nina want Sonny back so badly?

In her own wacky way, she loves him, or at least the NF version of him.  Nina lost 20 years and two children and will now hang onto any "family" she can get, no matter what.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Carly gets the MetroCourt handed back to her on a platter. So much for her "I love working with the salt of the earth at Bobbie's!"

Over a year of hearing her howl about how she wouldn't take it or the money for it from anyone and Jason blinks three times and she gets giggly and acts like he gave her his class ring.  Pathetic.

Joss crying to Anna, Anna being a snit to Molly, Lois dictating plus-ones: not a good day for the woman folk of PC.

• Like 3
  • Applause 14
51 minutes ago, ljr said:

Why does Nina want Sonny back so badly?

She believes she and Sonny are good together/have a special kind of love and also wants to hang onto the "Momma Nina" and "Aunt Nina" roles in Donna and Avery's lives. She never got to have relationships with her daughters when they were children and had to give up the stepmom role in Charlotte's life when she and Valentin split up. I recall that the Nina character even tried to force a mother-type relationship with young(er) Molly during the brief thing she had with Ric Lansing. 

• Like 6

Is Ana losing it? Of course there is egregious conflict of interest. And her tirade about "we cannot choose who we prosecute!!" Um, didn't Dex walk in there and admit that he fully intended on murdering Cyrus for Sonny. Isn't that also a CRIME.   

Lois needs to get a life. Hopefully not one on this show. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
25 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Over a year of hearing her howl about how she wouldn't take it or the money for it from anyone and Jason blinks three times and she gets giggly and acts like he gave her his class ring.  Pathetic.

Joss crying to Anna, Anna being a snit to Molly, Lois dictating plus-ones: not a good day for the woman folk of PC.

We can add Nina being delusional about Sonny too.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Desperado said:

We can add Nina being delusional about Sonny too.

Can we get to the part where Nina gets mad and tries to get even? I'm not excited about that, but it might be easier to take than watching her be pathetic over an asshole. Her Being Pathetic Over an Asshole quota is filled with Willow!

Or, gross, is she going to figure out whatever it is that Ava's up to and that's what gets her back in Sonny's good graces? Why do I speculate? I just depress myself further.

(I should say, in fairness, that I have noticed improvements. Dialogue is a bit sharper, the cast seems to mix a little more instead of being islanded, logical character beats are not being ignored quite so much.)

• Like 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Given that Dex didn't even enter Cyrus's room at GH, what weight does his statement have? At least Sonny actually beat up Cyrus.

He absolutely entered the room and was about to inject the drugs into Cyrus’ IV when Sonny called and told him not to do it.

but the mere fact that he WAS in the room, ready to commit murder, should be enough to convict HIM. Or at least cast doubt on his confession. He has no proof that Sonny ordered the hit. And whether the jurors ‘know’ that Sonny is a mob boss or not, it’s Dex’s word against his, and as Anna keeps pointing out, Sonny is beloved in the community and has been a philanthropist for years. He’ll flash his dimples and they’ll acquit.

I can’t with Joss crying to Anna about Dex and Anna crying that being a cop will actually protect Dex. Clearly Sonny has no problem killing a cop since he shot his own son point blank in the chest. Why would he not do it again, or hire someone else to do it?

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 7

I think one of the worst things on the show is how the writers infantilize Carly when it comes to Jason. When she told him that Drew and Michael told her not to put up the hotel and she did it anyway and Jason was like well if I had been there would it have happened? I wanted to claw his eyes out. 

Carly is a grown ass woman. She is past fifty. She is a grandmother, but she still needs Jason to handhold her. 

I have a really hard time believing that Jason was thinking of his sons. And Sam and Elizabeth were doing just fine without you in the picture.

I have no words for Anna. Is she even supposed to tell the DAs office who should be prosecuting who? Pretty sure that's Robert's job. Anna hasn't been the same character since Justice for Duke. Never mind the Petah story arc which made her completely unwatchable.

• Like 7
  • Applause 9

Anna's behaving as though her own meds are being tampered with---or maybe she just needs to start some.  Where is Robert when we need him to remind her that she has no authority to assign a prosecutor, nor to decide to bury a citizen's complaint of assault "until I can best make use of it"?  Bring my Anna back!

But that moment between Cyrus and Dex makes me wonder if Cyrus will find just enough badness remaining in him to do Dex some harm and set Sonny up for it.  All made possible by Anna's bad decision to "file" their statements.

I'm a rare non-hater of Olivia, and I've always liked the relationship between her and Carly as owners of the MetroCourt, so I'll forgive the bad plotlines leading to its restoration.

Ned's absence is increasingly obvious as the wedding of his only child draws near.  Looks like WK has been busy on DOOL (Emmy nomination), but it's really bad planning for him to be absent for the most natural storyline he's had in ages.  

• Like 7

Wow the writing is no better. Spare me in Jason thoughts about Jake and Danny, and Monica. Then the Carly being so resilient speech. 

Danny's so desperate for that father who chooses Carly and rather let his kids think he's dead. 

Joss  wanted Dex to not leave town, broke up with Dex over his job, now she's begging Anna not to give him a legit job? What does she want? The flag coffin line was good though. 

Anna is ok with Robert not prosecuting Sonny for personal but Sonny's own neice she'll call in and attack to do it?  Molly keeps saying her sisters father, instead of he's her uncle. Do the writers forget that? 

Anna is downright stupid. She going on about personal bias is nonsense. She kept that file from Dante, it should have been kept from Molly too. 

Of course Carly who claims she has to work and earn back the hotel takes it from Jason. The screeching from Olivia is eye rolling, Olivia should hate Carly. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

The flag coffin line was good though. 

Molly keeps saying her sisters father, instead of he's her uncle. Do the writers forget that?

The flag coffin line is good in theory, coming from someone else. However, Joss and Dex are not married nor engaged nor do they share a child, so her line about refusing a flag from Anna's hands made me roll my eyes.

Apparently so. Or the writers think the audience doesn't remember Molly's dad/Sonny's brother because he's been gone from Port Charles for so long now. Even Kristina isn't allowed to remember him. I remember a Kristina-Molly conversation where Kristina spoke about Molly being so knowledgeable about/invested in the law because of mom, as if her own uncle/former stepdad, Molly's attorney father, never existed.  

• Like 8

I have no idea what to think about Anna's behavior--if she's so overwhelmed with the possibility of Dex's being killed, then instead of trying to force Molly to prosecute Sonny, just don't have Dex join the police force.  And Anna can't force any of the ADA's to take a case, that would be Robert's job.  What is happening to my favorite heroine?

• Like 6

Fairly sure (not going back to rewatch) Molly said Sonny is her uncle. But since when does the PC get to decide who from the DA’s office will prosecute a case? It’s her job to bring the evidence before the DA and then he assigns a prosecutor from his office to handle. Browbeating Molly isn’t going to make it any less of a conflict for her. This 50+ year old woman is throwing a temper tantrum over a case against Sonny. And her whining about how she and Sonny were ‘friends of sorts’ was BS too. she LIVED with him! They shared meals together. She confided in him, gave him a heads up more than once when law enforcement was coming after him. 

I was hoping for better from Patrick, but all I’m seeing is the same old BS we got from Chris and Dan, and ever other writer before them…

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
33 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I have no idea what to think about Anna's behavior--if she's so overwhelmed with the possibility of Dex's being killed, then instead of trying to force Molly to prosecute Sonny, just don't have Dex join the police force.  And Anna can't force any of the ADA's to take a case, that would be Robert's job.  What is happening to my favorite heroine?

Anna has no business being the police commissioner. She is bad at her job, completely biased and untrustworthy. I wouldn't trust her with making me a coffee. 

The lobotomization of this character is complete. Pod!Anna sucks.

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Fairly sure (not going back to rewatch) Molly said Sonny is her uncle.

she LIVED with him! They shared meals together. 

You're correct. Molly had lines about recusing herself and said Sonny's her uncle, at the point she was facing Anna while Anna was standing behind the desk. I missed that.

When did Anna move in with Sonny?! How long did she live with him? I guess I missed that!

(edited)

Anna lived with Sonny after the gun shot that temporarily inconvenienced Curtis. 

Since when does being a cop mean that the mob won't go after them? It might give the mob minor pause but if the benefits outweight the risks, they won't hesitate to kill. It's not like the PCPD is an adversary to be feared. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 6
14 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly is a grown ass woman. She is past fifty. She is a grandmother, but she still needs Jason to handhold her. 

Miss Resilient and Strong had to have Jason come and intimidate the gas guy and then bragged how she would've "sued him and won but this was faster."  So she's both totally dependent on Jason AND a Karen.  Great combo!

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
21 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Since when does being a cop mean that the mob won't go after them? It might give the mob minor pause but if the benefits outweight the risks, they won't hesitate to kill. It's not like the PCPD is an adversary to be feared. 

The PCPD is so hapless it's probably easier for the mob to leave them alone.

The only part of the Anna/Molly discussion that I thought made sense was when Anna was talking about how Sonny had become so enmeshed in PC society (in general, not in the class sense) that the town felt he was the lesser of other criminal evils, and he was able to keep out the more unsavory parts of crime. That argument has been raised before, and I think it's legit. As dumb as the mob stuff has been over the years, the show has been consistent in showing that Sonny tries to maintain some sort of discipline over other mob families.

None of this excuses the idiocy of people being today years old when they realize Sonny is—gasp!—a violent mobster.

• Like 7

wait stop. hold the phone?
Nina sold the hotel to jason to give it back to Carly? Why? Clearly the show forgot clearly that Nina wanted this to be Wiley's inheritance. that after she offered it to Carly  and she got it thrown in her face, she wanted to make sure that her grandchild (and i'm now assuming grandchildren) had a stable inheritance that wasn't tied up with Q/Corinthos stuff. guess none of that matters now.

whatever. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Nina having the hotel never made any sense anyway.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

None of this excuses the idiocy of people being today years old when they realize Sonny is—gasp!—a violent mobster.

I mean, that's six of one and half a dozen of the other to me. We can't complain for decades (as I have, endlessly!) that they don't treat Sonny honestly on the show, then complain about the timing when they finally work on it. After 20+ years there is never going to be a 'good' time. The best times where when he got some of his immediate family either horribly injured (Michael) or killed (Morgan), and it didn't happen then. So here we are.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
53 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nina sold the hotel to jason to give it back to Carly? Why?

Nina thinks Sonny will be impressed that she made deals with those dingbats. Of course she's completely misread the room and is only now learning Sonny has no interest in those traitors.

43 minutes ago, jsbt said:

We can't complain for decades (as I have, endlessly!) that they don't treat Sonny honestly on the show, then complain about the timing when they finally work on it.

I can, LOL. The mob focus has always been problematic for exactly this reason, but I think if the show had made the point more often that Sonny as the devil PC knew was better than the one they didn't, it wouldn't be so jarring to hear Anna and Laura, of all people, express amazement that he's a thug. And to let people besides Scott be allowed to hate Sonny without being mocked. And if Sonny had had more real losses throughout the years (going to jail, losing some territory for a decent period of time, etc.), that would also help. Instead we had Guza fetishizing Sonny and Jason and desperately trying to write a daytime version of The Sopranos.

There's been little to no balance in how Sonny is treated, which has been an ongoing complaint. Creatively that could have been a very rich path, but no one wanted to take the time to write it, which is a shame.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6

It's always been hard to buy into Sonny as a mob boss, because he's situated in upstate New York, not exactly a bastion of mob activity. 

So, suppose Sonny is brought down and sent away, to a place from which he cannot escape, and where no one can visit him.  What will GH be about?  

Thoughts?