Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E09: Field Ready

Drogo
Message added by Drogo

NO SPOILERS IN THIS TOPIC.  Click here to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

On 9/29/2019 at 7:26 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Just one more reason I'm glad I don't have to live in Texas. Just because something is "normal 'round these parts" doesn't make it right.

I'm in Alabama, and both of my kids were involved in HS sports and now my youngest is a college baseball player.  I cannot tell you how much "required" team church they have been to.  I think it's pretty ridiculous, but it's the same thing as with this situation.  They go and keep their traps shut.  My daughter never minded but my son does.

Edited by mjstrick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2019 at 12:42 AM, Lily80 said:

I hated the stadium tour—except the girls’ locker room part. But, like, I don’t need to see where the Jones family sits their rich white butts during games. And why is Abigail the only DCC photo displayed? I get it—she’s beautiful—but couldn’t they have at least put up a group shot? 

I can think of other former DCCs that are more memorable than her. 

• Love 2
On 9/28/2019 at 1:42 AM, Lily80 said:

I hated the stadium tour—except the girls’ locker room part. But, like, I don’t need to see where the Jones family sits their rich white butts during games. And why is Abigail the only DCC photo displayed? I get it—she’s beautiful—but couldn’t they have at least put up a group shot? 

The stadium tour was a total snooze and gee what a shocker 🙄Victoria front and center and providing commentary!  After that horrid spa visit I was hoping we got our fill of Victoria but nope here she was again getting pimped. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, mjstrick said:

I'm in Alabama, and both of my kids were involved in HS sports and now my youngest is a college baseball player.  I cannot tell you how much "required" team church they have been to.  I think it's pretty ridiculous, but it's the same thing as with this situation.  They go and keep their traps shut.  My daughter never minded but my son does.

That sucks. I'm so glad that I didn't have to deal with that. My sister and I were on several teams in high school and college (including varsity sports and collegiate cheer/dance) and were NEVER subjected to required prayer/church. My senior year, there was a student from another high school in our district  who died in a car accident. Several of the girls on the dance team knew him so our coach canceled our dance class for the day (everyone on the dance team had to enroll in advanced dance which was a class during school hours) and we had an hourlong counseling session where we talked about what happened and people also opened up about other things that were going on. Shockingly, we were able to achieve this place of openness, emotional honesty, support, and healing without the presence of anyone from a church. Crazy, right?

• Love 9

I became a fireball (see what I did there?) when we were allowed into the inner sanctum of the Jones family suite.  How does that man sleep at night is what I'd like to know.  He's living like royalty while the cheerleaders, who bring money to his cash register with their likenesses on calendars, etc., get paid a paltry sum.  I'm sure he thinks he's handed them the golden ticket by allowing them to have this small part in his organization.  Blow some dust off the wallet, Jerry, and pay these women a decent salary.  If he did, there would be a lot more talent to choose from.

Kelli needs to step away from the tanning bed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I became a fireball (see what I did there?) when we were allowed into the inner sanctum of the Jones family suite.  How does that man sleep at night is what I'd like to know.  He's living like royalty while the cheerleaders, who bring money to his cash register with their likenesses on calendars, etc., get paid a paltry sum.  I'm sure he thinks he's handed them the golden ticket by allowing them to have this small part in his organization.  Blow some dust off the wallet, Jerry, and pay these women a decent salary.  If he did, there would be a lot more talent to choose from.

Kelli needs to step away from the tanning bed.

Well, he's old enough to where he will be dead soon, so there's that. (I know......harsh.)😄 You can't take it with you! I can just picture his casket floating to heaven, rays of sunshine lighting the way while the cheerleaders raise their hands and shake pom poms in a glorious sparkling blue and white send off....

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Well, he's old enough to where he will be dead soon, so there's that. (I know......harsh.)😄 You can't take it with you! I can just picture his casket floating to heaven, rays of sunshine lighting the way while the cheerleaders raise their hands and shake pom poms in a glorious sparkling blue and white send off....

Am I the only person who finds Mr Jones a little creepy? Reminds me of Vince McMahon from WWE, just older.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Am I the only person who finds Mr Jones a little creepy? Reminds me of Vince McMahon from WWE, just older.

He is gross and creepy. When he talks, he doesn't make sense. 

• Love 3

I had to go to the ER last night.  It was very stressful and my husband is out-of-town.  He stayed up to talk to me on the drive home and said "You are stressed honey and that can't help.  I want you to go home, pour yourself a drink and rewatch DCC!"  That was the best medicine!

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

I had to go to the ER last night.  It was very stressful and my husband is out-of-town.  He stayed up to talk to me on the drive home and said "You are stressed honey and that can't help.  I want you to go home, pour yourself a drink and rewatch DCC!"  That was the best medicine!

What a good husband!  Hope you're feeling better.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I sincerely hope you weren't stuck there for over 12 hrs like I was the last titme I had to go.  I was stuck in a tiny room for almost 12 hrs before they decided to admit me. (OK back on topic)

I did a search for Julia on the internet and couldn't find any listing of her doing traffic on TV so maybe she quit/was let go?

On 10/3/2019 at 3:21 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I sincerely hope you weren't stuck there for over 12 hrs like I was the last titme I had to go.  I was stuck in a tiny room for almost 12 hrs before they decided to admit me. (OK back on topic)

No, I wasn't but I believe it! I was out in 4, which considering the number of people there I think was good.

On 9/28/2019 at 11:12 PM, Allison Lynn said:

Daphne is one of my favorites, so I was glad to see her featured in this episode, even for a sad reason.  And I was delighted to see Danielle!  If Victoria had been given less screen time, this episode would have been almost perfect.  

I thought it was interesting that there were three people who didn't get any stickers from the group leaders: Madeline, Meredith and Lisa.  

Victoria has been given less screen time, but to me, Merideth has too much. 

• Love 1