Type keyword(s) to search

The Blue Fairy: She Has Hope... And Nothing Else

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

We didn't see the Black Fairy "kidnap" Gideon either. 

I'm almost positive we're going to get a flashback episode soon where they'll show us Blue flying off into the woods to save Gideon, but once she reaches the woods, she transforms into the Black Fairy.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Curio said:

What's black and blue and shady all over? A dark fairy who split herself in two and now has a "good" half and and "evil" half.

I mean, it can't be a coincidence that the Blue Fairy just happened to be the one who exiled the Black Fairy, just happened to have the Black Fairy's wand, and just happens to keep avoiding death all the time.

I had this idea back when the Black Fairy was first introduced. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, oncebluethrone said:

I had this idea back when the Black Fairy was first introduced. 

Yeah, I've seen it floated around for a while, but the last episode really sold me on it.

2 hours ago, Camera One said:

That depends if the Writers are interested in exploring the mythology of the Blue Fairy at all, because they have expressed zero interest thus far.

Well, we're getting the mythology of the Black Fairy which Blue is involved in, so maybe?

With Rapunzel, they could have made her able to shapeshift and leave the Tower.  Maybe Blue gives her three nights of freedom, for her to change her destiny or something.  They could have expanded the roles of her guilt-ridden and worried parents (but of course A&E couldn't care less about them).  But as you said, Rapunzel doesn't have any other friends, and there are no stepsisters, so the number of characters and situations are indeed limited.

I would have liked to see Blue in the role of Mother Gothel, or really any "shady" role in fairy tales - the manipulator or antagonist with "good intentions". Maybe Blue could have wanted a child but fairies couldn't have children, so she adopted Rapunzel and locked her up. Or, perhaps there could have been something wrong with Rapunzel and she was protecting the outside world from her. I think the writers should have inserted Blue in more stories like they did with Rumple. They didn't have to make her a straight-up bad guy, just flawed or gray. They took a tiny step in that direction with her lying about the wardrobe, then putting her in a negative light with the treatment of Tinkerbell. (Though Tink sort of deserved it.)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

They didn't have to make her a straight-up bad guy, just flawed or gray. 

I agree with this.  I've never liked the idea of her being a villain.  But I think there was room for a character who was very black and white about good and evil, and that could lead to a rigidity which could cause problems.  Unfortunately, A&E had zero interest in the Fairy mythology.  Any "good" magical sage either had to be stupid or dead.  I mean, look at Merlin and Glinda.   I can only imagine how Dumbledore, Gandalf or Yoda would be written by A&E.  After Tinkerbelle and Tiger Lily's shenanigans, I would totally understand why Blue would crack down and become uptight and judgemental.  I like how she visibly didn't give warm looks to Regina or Gold, even in the later seasons.  It is kind of telling how she implied Tinkerbelle should have let Regina plummet to her death.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Camera One said:

It is kind of telling how she implied Tinkerbelle should have let Regina plummet to her death.  

Well, they all would have been a lot better off. Just think of the number of lives that would have been saved.

It would have been more interesting if Fiona had been a fairy who got involved with a mortal, maybe chose to become mortal, and then that all went horribly wrong because that would have retroactively explained Blue's hard-line stance when Nova and Dreamy were talking about running off together. She would have had reason to worry that it couldn't possibly end well. As it was, the story they ended up telling had very little to do with the fairy mythology they'd established (what little of it there was).

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:56 PM, Shanna Marie said:

Well, they all would have been a lot better off. Just think of the number of lives that would have been saved.

It would have been more interesting if Fiona had been a fairy who got involved with a mortal, maybe chose to become mortal, and then that all went horribly wrong because that would have retroactively explained Blue's hard-line stance when Nova and Dreamy were talking about running off together. She would have had reason to worry that it couldn't possibly end well. As it was, the story they ended up telling had very little to do with the fairy mythology they'd established (what little of it there was).

That would have made more sense.  Yes its common but it would make sense why she tells Bae that Rumple's powers aren't for this world and why she wanted Tinkerbell to let Regina fall to her death, when at that point Regina hadn't done anything yet. Distrusting of people gaining more power because she once saw it go bad or her long life she'd seen certain types aren't to be trusted with magic. 

1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

when at that point Regina hadn't done anything yet. Distrusting of people gaining more power because she once saw it go bad or her long life she'd seen certain types aren't to be trusted with magic. 

I wonder if this was around the time Regina put Snow's horse to sleep?  Blue seemed to be prejudiced towards Regina because of her connections.

BLUE: Do you know who she is?  Her mother was Cora, the one who ripped out hearts.  Her teacher is The Dark One.

TINKERBELLE: So?

BLUE: So consider yourself lucky you are still alive.

LOL.

I love how much the actress puts into the role. I'm not sure if it's written in the scripts, but Blue always flinches whenever she has to acknowledge Regina or Rumple. There's a very subtle disdain that she can't fully let out. The fact Keegan calls her character "Shady" on social media shows she thinks a lot more about her than the writers. I don't think the writers have ever considered that Blue to be anything but your standard goody-goody mother of nature.

I love how we get flashback after flashback to repeatedly explain or justify Rumple or Emma's actions (usually involving abandonment issues), but Blue's motivations are always non-existent. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2017 at 9:14 PM, KingOfHearts said:

I love how much the actress puts into the role. I'm not sure if it's written in the scripts, but Blue always flinches whenever she has to acknowledge Regina or Rumple. There's a very subtle disdain that she can't fully let out. The fact Keegan calls her character "Shady" on social media shows she thinks a lot more about her than the writers. I don't think the writers have ever considered that Blue to be anything but your standard goody-goody mother of nature.

I love how we get flashback after flashback to repeatedly explain or justify Rumple or Emma's actions (usually involving abandonment issues), but Blue's motivations are always non-existent. 

Which is odd, considering they wrote a line that she was the "most powerful of them all," yet she is totally useless. She should be like a Hindu god  put in charge to "restore" the balance between good and evil, so she never interferes unless she has to, and sometimes its not the way you want, so that would explain the characters reluctance to go to her for advice. Though..these idiots are constantly running to Rumple to solve problems...But it is attributed to the writers weakness and having no idea how to write "Good" characters who arent dithering idiots and who have power, like the shitty way they treated Glinda and Merlin, etc.

• Love 3