Type keyword(s) to search

Robin Hood: He Owes a Great Debt to Everyone

• Start Topic

Is it cheating, though? It was disgusting that he confessed to loving his wife's torturer/murder as said wife lay frozen in a coma, but I'm not sure if I would classify it as cheating. It may come to that, but it's not at that stage yet.

Depends on how you define cheating, and think people have different ideas of that. For me (true) love is not confined by physicality, I don't need to have sex with someone to be truly in love with them (and I mean romantic relationship), so to me neither is cheating defined by having sex. Cheating means to me a person is dishonest about their feelings and wishes. For example if my partner would tell me, I'm the only one they love and be with and want to be with, while actually having feelings and being attracted to another person, that I would call cheating already, even if my partner wouldn't have had any sex with the other person. But I am someone thinking, that it is possible to have more than one honest (true) love (romance) at a time, while not seeing sexuality as a necessarily vital part of a romantic relationship, it can be important for some, for some it is not.

Way to ruin my childhood hero, showrunners. I used to dress up as Maid Marian, to have an imaginary Robin Hood by my side. Guess i should have dress up as the Evil Queen...

Considering that animated Disney Fox Robin Hood was my first movie crush (hey, I was barely six, it was the first movie I was allowed to see in a movie theater, even without parental company, just my few years older sis and our shared boyfriend), although I couldn't quite decide if I wanted to be with him or him and be with lovely Marian, I probably should be more miffed too.

But my biggest problem is, that I don't feel any deep going, soul mate worthy chemistry between Regina and Robin, I only see two adults having the hots for each other. I don't mind the latter, it's okay, or could be, if they just wouldn't sell it as soul mate story. I wouldn't even mind to make these two soul mates, but not with the writing they have done so far for them, and certainly not with this cringe worthy pixie dust destiny fallout. Might be a combination of writing and acting, they try hard to sell it as romantic, but I get no profound feelings of the two. Obviously that is for some people different though.

Edited by katusch
  • Love 3

I still don't know I would call it cheating because Robin fell in love with Regina when Marian was (presumed) dead. I do think however that Robin was being dishonest with his wife. He should have told her that he no longer loved her, but had fallen in love with her torturer/murderer. It's as though he wants to be seen as honorably sticking to his wife, even though his heart is not in it. We don't even know if Robin and Marian had any kind of honest talk. The EF may not have ice-cream or divorce, but Storybrooke does, and someone needs to bring Marian up to date on that concept.

I guess people can theoretically fall in love that fast (two dates, and I guess they also did it), but how much depth is there to it? Do they know each other more than superficially? Is it lust that Robin is confusing to be love, like some infatuated teenager? Is it because they are Soul Mates ?

As to why some people find OQ romantic--it is presented that way, and that appeals to some viewers. Plus, many are Regina fans, and it's not like Marian is presented as a three-dimensional character. She's still in a potato sack, for crying out loud! Maybe Robin should have invested in some new clothes for his wife, or robbed a store for her.

• Love 1

It is healthy to eventually move on and find love again when someone you love dies.  However, you don't stop loving the person that died.  So I find it odd that he seems to have no feelings for Marian at all, even confused feelings, and is just staying with her out of some sense of duty.  I could even accept "lesser" feelings for her than for Regina, but he should have something for Marian.

• Love 14

It is healthy to eventually move on and find love again when someone you love dies.  However, you don't stop loving the person that died.  So I find it odd that he seems to have no feelings for Marian at all, even confused feelings, and is just staying with her out of some sense of duty.  I could even accept "lesser" feelings for her than for Regina, but he should have something for Marian.

I think it appears (to me at least) that he does have feelings left for Marian.  When she was lying there beginning to freeze, he immediately dove in for the true love's kiss, without hesitation, and it didn't look like he was doing it for show or out of duty.  He said something like, there's no time to spare.  So he must have felt/thought something.  Only on reflection did he tell Regina why it really didn't work.  Like a cad. Over Marian's  body. 

• Love 1

When she was lying there beginning to freeze, he immediately dove in for the true love's kiss, without hesitation, and it didn't look like he was doing it for show or out of duty.  He said something like, there's no time to spare.  

I must watch this scene again, bacause I saw only constipation... Sorry.

• Love 1

He seemed about as concerned as one might be over a third party. He looked almost sheepish when he attempted the True Love's Kiss. I think Roland should have been given a chance to revive his mother. I agree with Aquarian--Robin seems to have lost all feelings for Marian, which is odd. Love is stronger than death, and that would be particularly true in fairy tale land.

• Love 3
We don't even know if Robin and Marian had any kind of honest talk.

This is the thing, for me. If Robin has had an honesty conversation with Marian, wherein he said "I don't love you anymore--in fact, I'm in love with someone else--but let's try to make this work for Roland's sake," it would be one thing. (BUT the fact that Marian is still with him, and that everyone expected True Love's Kiss to work, suggests to me that it is not the case.) But if he's letting Marian think they have a real shot at being a couple, and says he's fully committed to her, with true romantic feelings while he's whispering sweet nothings to his wife's murderer over her comatose body? I consider that emotional cheating, yeah.

• Love 5

I would like to point out that even David frickin' Nolan backed off Mary Margaret when he found out there was a possibility she had killed his wife. I mean, we all called him a douche for it because of course she hadn't done it, but don't you miss him now?

• Love 10

Should Douche-Hood have at least got his son to kiss his mom? Granted, Roland barely knows her, but maybe it might have worked? At the very least, it would have been worth a try. Or maybe Robin was afraid to be shown up as a fraud when Roland's kiss worked on Marian. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Should Douche-Hood have at least got his son to kiss his mom? Granted, Roland barely knows her, but maybe it might have worked? At the very least, it would have been worth a try. Or maybe Robin was afraid to be shown up as a fraud when Roland's kiss worked on Marian. 

You know, that's a tough question.  Roland is at that age where he's going to understand some, but not all, of what's going on. Seeing the mother he was just reunited with and bonding with as a frozen ice statue, and being told to kiss her--especially when it most likely wouldn't work?  I can see a good father choosing not to put his child in that position.

Robin, not being a particularly good father, would more likely do  it.  After all, if your child is old enough to be used as bait for a creepy shadow that abducts children and keeps coming back until it gets the one it wants, well, you probably have different safety standards than the rest of us.

• Love 5

There is no question of endangerment here. I don't believe that children should be protected from truth to the exclusion of logic. Yes--it may not be as easy thing to explain to Roland, but what explanation did the kid need? He could have said something like, "Kiss your mom better." If the kiss worked, Roland would have his mom back. And if the kiss did not work--nothing changes.

I hate the writers for bringing back Marian and literally freezing her. They've taken "plot device" to a whole new level. If Marian and Roland had some time to bond before they inevitably killed her off for good, that would have been something at least. But with Roland already comparing Regina and Marian, it seems like they don't even want the kid to get attached to his mom. It's all about Regina. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 5

There is no question of endangerment here. I don't believe that children should be protected from truth to the exclusion of logic. Yes--it may not be as easy thing to explain to Roland, but what explanation did the kid need? He could have said something like, "Kiss your mom better." If the kiss worked, Roland would have his mom back. And if the kiss did not work--nothing changes.

No, but if your wife's lips are covered in ice, and the magical people around you are saying that's a barrier, and your child has just met his mother again, and doesn't remember her? 

And if kissing his mom better doesn't work?  You've got a five year old who sees people kiss each other better on a regular basis ('cause it seems like every third person in Storybrooke's had a true love kiss), but he wasn't able to do it.  I can see (possibly overprotective) parents deciding not to put their son in that position, simply because of the guilt that would happen  when it didn't work.  Growing up as the kid who didn't love his mother enough to help her could carry a lot of guilt with it, even if it's not fair or accurate.

• Love 1

When there was a possible chance that it could break the Curse and save Marian's life, and when Robin knew that his own kiss had not worked because he no longer loved his wife, it would be well worth the shot. If Roland's kiss did not work, it was no different from his kiss own not working, as far as the outside world was concerned. No one would think that Roland did not love his mother enough. They would only think that the cold was a barrier.

• Love 1

If one were to compare Robin to David Nolan I would think Robin the better for immediately dropping the girl friend when the wife reappeared instead of pursing an affair. I probably can't win here. 

I've read a lot of Robin Hood literature and some academic stuff about him too so this one portrayal don't ruin the concept for me. That said one of the basic tropes in the earliest Robin Hood tales is disguise. My fanwank is that this isn't the real Robin Hood. A man with a dark past took on the persona of Robin Hood either like the Dread Pirate Roberts or through more devious means. He's been trying this chaotic good thing for a while but is at the end of his rope with his attraction to Regina. He'd go bad in an instant if it were not for Roland. This makes this man an evil match for Regina. How fun would that be to see the two of them gleefully making trouble for everyone. 

• Love 1
When there was a possible chance that it could break the Curse and save Marian's life, and when Robin knew that his own kiss had not worked because he no longer loved his wife, it would be well worth the shot.

Robin is moving into Hans territory here. Or maybe worse. Even Hans didn't go through with the charade of TLK he knew would not work. If Robin knew it wouldn't work and isn't letting his son try because it might, that's pretty horrible. If Roland is good enough to be Shadow bait because Robin is grateful that Rumple failed to kill him by flailing or with an arrow, how much more does he owe the mother of his child? I think he should have given Roland the chance (though, I suspect the poor child doesn't know his mother well enough for it to work). It certainly won't be more traumatizing than almost being taken by a Shadow.

I can't believe the lack of love Robin is showing here. Sure, move on when your spouse dies, but most people retain some love. I still love the dogs I lost even though I've moved on to love new ones. My parents love more than one kid. It obviously was never True Love between this Robin and this Marianne (since the TLK didn't work and True Love doesn't die like that), but maybe move into the next room when declaring your love to her murderer when she's dying right in front of you.

• Love 2
My fanwank is that this isn't the real Robin Hood. A man with a dark past took on the persona of Robin Hood either like the Dread Pirate Roberts or through more devious means.

I've joked that they're doing an inversion of the recent Russell Crowe version of Robin Hood, in which the real Robin was a schmuck who got killed and the man history knows as Robin Hood was actually some decent, brave nobody who had to step into that identity in order to protect Marian and her father. Only in this version, the real Robin was a decent man and the imposter is a schmuck who's just been using that identity to hide from his past. For a while, he was able to maintain the role, but being around Regina has made his moral compass wobble. Hey, it's like the opposite of Hook -- Hook started to question his evil ways after he met Emma and has been trying to change, while Robin is being tempted away from his good ways by being around Regina.

If one were to compare Robin to David Nolan I would think Robin the better for immediately dropping the girl friend when the wife reappeared instead of pursing an affair. I probably can't win here.

I think that was Serena's point, though. Douchecanoe David Nolan, who still tried to carry on an affair with Mary Margaret while supposedly working on his marriage to Kathryn, broke things off with Mary Margaret when she was suspected of murdering Kathryn. Robin may have done the noble thing up front by telling Regina he needed to go back to his wife, but he just confessed over his wife's frozen body that he loves the woman who was supposed to kill his wife in the first place (which makes him an even bigger douchecanoe than David Nolan, imo).

• Love 4

I was referring to the part of season one before Kathryn was supposed to have died not after as Serena was. However, David had a lot more evidence to go on when he backed off of MM. I don't know that Robin has anything but hearsay for Regina's evil back in the Enchanted Forest. 

I hate the word douche used a description and tend to gloss over posts that use it a lot. 

• Love 1

I would assume Marian told him that she was in Regina's dungeon. We didn't see her telling him, granted, but one would think it would come up, especially because Marian was so scared of and angry with Regina upon her return.

Edited by Dani-Ellie
  • Love 5

David was cursed. He was drawn to MM because of Snowing's True Love that "transcends realms". Regina set the whole situation with Kathryn up to split Snowing. David was a pawn, but Robin knows better. He's not cursed, and he knew about Regina's reign of terror. David never loved Kathryn, but Robin claims to have loved Marian. One situation was purely synthetic, while the other is real.

Also, MM didn't murder Kathryn, nor did she terrorize a kingdom. I'd say Robin is worse than David by far.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 8

Robin is moving into Hans territory here. Or maybe worse. Even Hans didn't go through with the charade of TLK he knew would not work. If Robin knew it wouldn't work and isn't letting his son try because it might, that's pretty horrible.

It depends on whether or not he knew he loved Regina when he kissed Marian. Maybe the fact that it failed was what made him realize that he was in love with Regina? I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here, because he looked somewhat shifty when he attempted a True Love's kiss on Marian.

I don't know that Robin has anything but hearsay for Regina's evil back in the Enchanted Forest. 

He was in Wanted posters along with Snow, and it seems like Sherwood forest wasn't all that far from Knifingham palace. Regina's reputation preceded her far and wide into other kingdoms like King George's and King Midas's. Marian herself would have told Robin that Regina had been about to execute her and put her head on a spike when Emma rescued her. I don't know what more evidence is needed.

I find it hard to blame Cursed!David too much, even though he was really annoying, because well... he was cursed. And David decided to go back to Kathryn when the false memories were implanted. The affair with Mary Margaret started later. With Marian in a frozen coma, who knows if Robin may be tempted as well? I'm not saying that that's where the writing is going. In fact, I don't think the writers will have Robin outright having an affair with Regina, but I'm finding it hard to see him as being honorable right now. 

• Love 3
I'd say Robin is worse than David by far.

Yeah, David's memories of marriage to Kathryn were entirely fake (created by the woman Robin sees as "bold and audacious"), so in going after Mary Margaret, he was actually acting on what was real.

With Robin, aside from the barely a week old relationship issue, the problem is that after talking about what he went through when he lost Marian, now that he has her back he's just not feeling it because he's too in love with the person who put him through that pain. It would be entirely different if his new love was someone random, like say Ruby. Then he could have the dilemma of his wife returning just when he'd managed to move on and start over. Or if his new love Regina hadn't had anything to do with what happened to Marian, if, say, Emma had rescued her from Rumple's, Midas's or George's dungeon. I'd still side-eye him over that "you're not evil, you're bold and audacious" thing, but it still wouldn't be quite as gross (and you can bet that if it had been someone other than Regina, there likely would have been some kind of revenge quest plot). But here he is, acting like he's making a great and noble sacrifice to stay with his wife even though he's really in love with the woman who was the reason he lost his wife in the first place, the woman who not only did the things she did to Marian but who also was responsible for his son hardly knowing his mother and for the pain he himself went through in losing his wife. That's so far beyond jerk and into downright strange. Who acts like that?

• Love 8

Who acts like that?

Who lets their 5 year old hang out with a former tyrant who murdered dozens of innocent children, anyway? If it were me, I wouldn't care how redeemed she is in that matter.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

Who lets their 5 year old hang out with a former tyrant who murdered dozens of innocent children, anyway? If it were me, I wouldn't care how redeemed she is in that matter.

Yup.  I've said it before, but it bears repetition:  Considering what happened the last time Regina was seriously involved with the single father of a child whose life she saved,  if we're supposed to take Robin seriously, he should've moved slower than that into the relationship.

I don't even care that she's supposed to be his true love.  Roland's about five.  When you have a five year old, the five year old should probably trump your hormones.  At least date a while before you start having family outings with your new girlfriend who conspired to kill her previous husband, and then hunted his child for years so she could kill her.  (As well as sending numerous other children off to their deaths at the blind witches.)

That family scene at the end of 3B, where Regina, Robin, and Roland went for ice cream always makes me think incredibly badly of Robin--because no matter how attracted you are to Regina, no matter how sure you are she's changed--you've dated not even a week. 

And I'm pretty sure that a week into their relationship, it never crossed Leopold's mind that Regina would plan his death and Snow's persecution. 

• Love 7

My fanwank is that this isn't the real Robin Hood. A man with a dark past took on the persona of Robin Hood either like the Dread Pirate Roberts or through more devious means.

OOOO  I know!  I know!  The somewhat hotter Robin that Rumple tortured is the real Robin.  The one we see is Storybrooke is some fake murderer/robber/rapist (hence the soul mates thing with Regina), but everyone thinks he's Robin because Rumple put them all under a curse to punish the real Robin who is somewhere imprisoned and being hot.

• Love 7

Rumple put them all under a curse to punish the real Robin who is somewhere imprisoned and being hot.

Well, it is important to have something to do when you're confined.  ;)

• Love 1

Yup.  I've said it before, but it bears repetition:  Considering what happened the last time Regina was seriously involved with the single father of a child whose life she saved,  if we're supposed to take Robin seriously, he should've moved slower than that into the relationship.

I don't even care that she's supposed to be his true love.  Roland's about five.  When you have a five year old, the five year old should probably trump your hormones.  At least date a while before you start having family outings with your new girlfriend who conspired to kill her previous husband, and then hunted his child for years so she could kill her.  (As well as sending numerous other children off to their deaths at the blind witches.)

That family scene at the end of 3B, where Regina, Robin, and Roland went for ice cream always makes me think incredibly badly of Robin--because no matter how attracted you are to Regina, no matter how sure you are she's changed--you've dated not even a week. 

And I'm pretty sure that a week into their relationship, it never crossed Leopold's mind that Regina would plan his death and Snow's persecution. 

Single parents I know in real life don't introduce their children to people they are dating right away. Robin comes across as an extremely irresponsible parent, especially considering him letting Neal use his child as shadow-bait to repay his imaginary debt to Rumple. The near-universal blindness to Regina's crimes is intentional in the writing.

• Love 2

I didn't have a problem with Robin dating Regina. He's an adult and he can do whatever he wants. Good for him for moving on even if it is with the crazy Evil Queen. However, you should never introduce your child to a new girlfriend/boyfriend less than a week into the relationship. It's not fair to the kid because it can be very confusing to them. You'll notice that Henry mentioned to Emma that she had never introduced any of her previous boyfriends before Walsh to him. Now I get that there were cursed memories there, but the clear implication was that Emma wouldn't introduce her son to anyone unless she was very secure in the idea that the relationship should be taken to the "meet & interact with the child" level. Robin clearly missed that parenting memo. But then, what do you expect from a guy who lets his four year old be used as shadow bait?

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

OOOO  I know!  I know!  The somewhat hotter Robin that Rumple tortured is the real Robin.  The one we see is Storybrooke is some fake murderer/robber/rapist (hence the soul mates thing with Regina), but everyone thinks he's Robin because Rumple put them all under a curse to punish the real Robin who is somewhere imprisoned and being hot.

I know right. How cool would it be if they planned it that way from the beginning. I know, I know. They aren't that clever and we are just going to be disappointed.  sigh

I've been thinking about this (because it just bugs so much), and I think the real problem is that weird Regina accountability issue that keeps any character from reacting realistically to Regina's actions.

Here we have a guy who has just been talking about the pain he went through when he lost his wife. He's telling this to his new girlfriend, who's acting all sympathetic.

Then the wife miraculously returns, freaks out at the sight of the new girlfriend and calls her a monster. He defends and supports the new girlfriend. The new girlfriend turns out to be the reason he lost his wife because she imprisoned and planned to execute her. She was only saved from execution by a time traveler who brought her to the present, so in a previous timeline, she was executed.

Later, he tells the new girlfriend that he has to stick to his vows and stay with the wife. At no time does he ever express any anger or dismay about what the new girlfriend did to his wife. I'd think that the stronger the feelings for the new girlfriend were, the more betrayed he'd feel. She was the cause of his pain, and she apparently didn't care enough about who she was imprisoning or killing to even realize that she was at fault.

Wouldn't most people feel angry or betrayed here? Even if you believed she'd changed, would you be able to deal with this person? Wouldn't you at least have seriously mixed up and confused feelings and maybe even not want anything to do with this person for a while until you'd sorted it out? Wouldn't you ask her questions about what happened and demand to hear her side of the story? Or beg her to tell him that it isn't true, that Marian was wrong about who imprisoned her? His reaction is just plain not human. It's like he doesn't even care about what happened to Marian or what he and his son went through because of it.

It's that weird Stepford Townspeople thing that seems to make everyone unable to remember or care about the harm Regina's done to them. They overreact to everyone else for minor things or suspicions, but no one's bothered by what Regina's done. It's just bizarre, and Robin is only the latest and possibly most egregious victim.

• Love 10
It's that weird Stepford Townspeople thing that seems to make everyone unable to remember or care about the harm Regina's done to them. They overreact to everyone else for minor things or suspicions, but no one's bothered by what Regina's done. It's just bizarre, and Robin is only the latest and possibly most egregious victim.

Replying in All Seasons.

I think this topic has already been discussed a little bit in here, but I'm still confused about whether or not Robin knows the full extent of the Marian/Regina Enchanted Forest situation. There's nothing on-screen to prove it 100% one way or the other. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Marian shouting "she's a monster!" isn't enough.) It would be ridiculous from a storytelling standpoint if Marian hasn't told him yet about Regina sentencing her to death, but there's also no way Robin would be behaving this way if he knew. 

If Robin does know the truth about what Regina did, then why didn't we get to see that conversation on-screen? That's kind of a huge conversation. Is it because the writers know that if the audience witnessed Marian telling Robin about Regina torturing her and sentencing her to death on-screen, we wouldn't ever ship Robin/Regina? I'm sorry, but if Regina and Robin can't have an open conversation about that on-screen, then I'm not going to buy that they're "True Love."

• Love 5

If Robin does know the truth about what Regina did, then why didn't we get to see that conversation on-screen? That's kind of a huge conversation.

Because her actions were inexcusable, and there is literally no way any no-POS, decent, human with any shred of morality could conceivably have any romantic feelings for her given the situation.

So, they choose the same old same old ostrich method of writing anything with Regina.  Bury your head in the sand, and just pretend it all has gone away.

• Love 5

I think this topic has already been discussed a little bit in here, but I'm still confused about whether or not Robin knows the full extent of the Marian/Regina Enchanted Forest situation. There's nothing on-screen to prove it 100% one way or the other. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Marian shouting "she's a monster!" isn't enough.) It would be ridiculous from a storytelling standpoint if Marian hasn't told him yet about Regina sentencing her to death, but there's also no way Robin would be behaving this way if he knew. 

If Robin does know the truth about what Regina did, then why didn't we get to see that conversation on-screen? That's kind of a huge conversation. Is it because the writers know that if the audience witnessed Marian telling Robin about Regina torturing her and sentencing her to death on-screen, we wouldn't ever ship Robin/Regina? I'm sorry, but if Regina and Robin can't have an open conversation about that on-screen, then I'm not going to buy that they're "True Love."

I'm operating on the presumption he does know, simply because the first question out of his mouth after hearing Marian screaming "monster" should have been a question or two why.  If that wasn't the question, it should have been "What happened when I thought you were dead?", which leads us back to "monster".

So far, almost none of the characters have been allowed to react to Regina's behavior in an authentic fashion.  Snow cheerleads, Emma tries to regain her trust, Henry can't believe he ever thought she didn't love him . . .   It doesn't surprise me that Robin is not being given a reaction that would make sense to us.

I don't expect to ever see that conversation, because if we did, the show would have to stop completely ignoring the ordinary consequences of Regina's actions, and she'd be about 15,837% less sympathetic. 

It pretty much leaves us with a Robin who actually could be Regina's soulmate, simply because he only seems to care about what he wants, which would apparently be tacos with Regina.

• Love 4

I do think they deserve each other; whether they are soulmates or something else, it's not true love.  It's lust on his part it seems, and stolen pixie dust belief on her side.  He's got a shitty moral code he's following, matched by her code which allows her to kill indiscriminately, including people she is supposed to love.  He and Henry should both be wary of being "loved" by Regina.

• Love 1

Robin is ruined in either case, as I see it. If he pulled away from Regina saying he could not be with the woman who had been about to brutally execute his wife, it means he didn't mind Regina's murderous rampages as long as it didn't affect him personally (everything the Robin Hood of legend is unlike). But by not bringing up the fact that Marian had been rescued from Regina, and that Regina was responsible for his and his son's loss, he still comes across as revolting.

How can someone have lost all love for the wife they claim they would have walked through hell for? It doesn't make sense. He was not being fair to Regina either, by saying he loved her, when he had no intention of being with her.

As others have said, this romance should have built slowly over the missing year, with reluctance and gradual connection building on each side to make this remotely believable or palatable. Robin is a two-dimensional character with absolutely nothing going for him except a shitty code of honor. We know nothing of his past or what makes him tick. Marian fares even worse--the writers literally brought her back and promptly fridged her, and the Robin/Regina romance is being developed over the comatose body of Robin's wife. I just can't with this show, and I don't get how so many people seem to ship it.

• Love 7
He's got a shitty moral code he's following,

Everytime I see mention of Robin's "code", I think what Barbossa said on PoTC 'And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.' Given Robin thinks that killing innocent people is "bold and audacious", he probably has a rather loose code to begin with.

How can someone have lost all love for the wife they claim they would have walked through hell for?

And that wasn't a claim that was made years ago  - he claimed that about an hour before his wife showed up. He was supposedly still earnest about that, but it plays false when he is quicker to console his girlfriend of two days instead of his wife who is upset that the girlfriend had almost killed her.

• Love 2

The dude is freaking Robin Hood, and he's dating a female Prince John. All his classic intentions of fighting against tyrants to assist the poor have been thrown out the window on this show. He's essentially ditching his peasant wife in exchange for an oppressive dictator. The guy professed his love to another woman over his own wife's frozen body. That's just sick. I hold this man to a higher measure than Regina because he's supposed to know better. But as it turns out, he's nothing like he claims to be. I call fraud.

Thank God Regina isn't pursuing this impostor. I hope Marian heard everything Robin said.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

I'm still confused about whether or not Robin knows the full extent of the Marian/Regina Enchanted Forest situation. There's nothing on-screen to prove it 100% one way or the other. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Marian shouting "she's a monster!" isn't enough.) It would be ridiculous from a storytelling standpoint if Marian hasn't told him yet about Regina sentencing her to death, but there's also no way Robin would be behaving this way if he knew. 

It has been a few days, so I don't see how Robin would not know, unless Robin and Marion are mute until one of the main characters talk to them.  Even that very first night at the Diner, Robin would have asked, "How are you alive?" or even "Why are you saying Regina is a monster?".  

We're supposed to buy that Robin believes what Regina did is in the past, as the Evil Queen, and she's no longer that person, so it's all good. 

• Love 2

I was just reading Adam Horowitz's script tease that he posted on twitter on Oct 12 from "Rocky Road".

REGINA

(to Robin)

It's time... You're sure... you still want me to do this?

ROBIN HOOD
(trusts her)

Yes.

---------

I find it interesting that the only stage direction is "trusts her".  Not "conflicted" or "pained", "distraught over Marion", etc.  It's all about trust for Regina.

• Love 1

I was just reading Adam Horowitz's script tease that he posted on twitter on Oct 12 from "Rocky Road".

There was that script tease from 4x01:

ROBIN

No I didn't. I met someone different. The woman I know is the furthest thing from a monster.

And these words warm the hell out of Regina's heart.

REGINA

Maybe you don't know me as well as you think.

In the premiere, Regina isn't warmed at all. In fact, she delivers her line abrasively.

Edited by KingOfHearts

That line "And these words warm the hell out of Regina's heart" is cringe-worthy. I would say it's like reading fanfic, but that would be a huge insult to the hundreds of talented fanfic writers out there.

• Love 5

Whether or not Robin knows what happened to Marian, it reflects poorly on him.

If he knows, then it's really weird that he doesn't seem at all bothered by it and acts like the only reason he's breaking up with Regina is because of his marriage vows. He'd rather be with his wife's would-be executioner than his wife, but there are those pesky vows ...

If he doesn't know, then why the hell not? He hasn't asked why Marian thought Regina was a monster? His wife was missing and presumed dead all this time, and he doesn't ask what happened to her? I started to sort of give him a pass if Marian was so fed up by him taking Regina's side in the scene outside the diner that she decided she just couldn't talk to him about it, but then I figured that even if that were the case, he should want to know, and he could have asked Emma or Hook where Marian was and how they brought her back and he could have asked Regina to explain why Marian thought she was a monster.

This is why I almost can't even blame Robin here because he's a victim of such horrible writing. This is not a person or a character. He's scenery that occasionally delivers lines. No human being would act this way. It's just bizarre.

• Love 4

This is why I almost can't even blame Robin here because he's a victim of such horrible writing. This is not a person or a character. He's scenery that occasionally delivers lines. No human being would act this way. It's just bizarre.

He's another that looks like an annoying character because of his awful writing. It wasn't his core character at the start, but as time went on the writing got absorbed into him. As I've said before, crappy writing goes in, crappy characters come out. Like Snow, he was transformed into someone else to fit Regin-  I mean the plot.

Every character has OoC moments, but when it happens repeatedly, they change into them.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3