Type keyword(s) to search

Robin Hood: He Owes a Great Debt to Everyone

• Start Topic

And for Regina. She can then go right ahead and marry the (not grieving) widower. Yay for being bold and audacious!

Well if Marian gives them her blessing before dying why wouldn't they follow her advise? Emma did it with Neal when he told her to find Tallahassee.

Edited by Hookian

Adding in Robin's insta-relationship with Regina? Yeah. There shouldn't even be questions about it. Given some of the parallels between Robin/Regina and Leopold/Regina? (Both widowers, both with a child, Regina saved both children's lives . . . and we know how the one relationship ended.)

Him jumping into that relationship with no qualms whatsoever? I wouldn't trust Robin to keep one of those Baby Alive dolls safe.

Agreed.

It's always bizzare to me when people trust Regina because she loves Henry. The last time she loved someone the most, she ended up murdering him to cast the Dark Curse. So maybe Regina is in-lust with Robin right now, and was good to Roland, but Robin had better watch out if her happiness is threatened. She may not let any of that stand in her way.

• Love 5

Well if Marian gives them her blessing before dying why wouldn't they follow her advise? Emma did it with Neal when he told her to find Tallahassee.

Emma is not in love with the man who murdered Neal. It's like Emma hooking up with a reformed Tamara. Even then, the parallel is not the same, as Neal and Emma were't married or even together when they parted. But it would still be creepy, if at least for the sake of Henry.

• Love 2

Emma is not in love with the man who murdered Neal. It's like Emma hooking up with a reformed Tamara. Even then, the parallel is not the same, as Neal and Emma were't married or even together when they parted. But it would still be creepy, if at least for the sake of Henry.

...Not what I was referring to. I was simply referring to the notion that the dead ex's give their blessings to find happiness somewhere else. Even if that happiness is with someone they themselves may not agree with. 

Also I'm still not convinced that Regina is the one whom murdered Marian. There's still a lot of mystery surrounding that entire situation that until we know more via flashbacks then I don't think we should so easily place Regina as the murderer.

This may be a mileage varying thing, but the very fact that Marian was sitting on Regina's death row is enough for me to believe that if Emma hadn't freed Marian, Regina would have killed her. I do not at all believe Regina was going to have a change of heart come morning, especially considering she was shown to have known Snow escaped.

• Love 3

This may be a mileage varying thing, but the very fact that Marian was sitting on Regina's death row is enough for me to believe that if Emma hadn't freed Marian, Regina would have killed her. I do not at all believe Regina was going to have a change of heart come morning, especially considering she was shown to have known Snow escaped.

Yes but for all we know Marian could have escaped using some other method during that night.  We simply don't know.

That place wasn't that secure from the looks of it.

Edited by Hookian

Yes but for all we know Marian could have escaped using some other method during that night. We simply don't know.

That place wasn't that secure from the looks of it.

Does it really matter? Regina would have murdered her if she clould. She was mocking her as she led her away. She still counts the random peasants who died by her hands as collateral, and doesn't regret any of her actions. Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 4

Yes but for all we know Marian could have escaped using some other method during that night.  We simply don't know.

Actually, we do kinda know, because A&E TOLD Lana that Regina murdered Marian.

Now, of course, they might change their minds. But as of now, from everything that has been presented, overwhelming evidence is that Regina had Marian executed. It's just another in a long line of horrible, evil things she did, so it's certainly not out of character or difficult to believe -- but at least that one is off her karmic balance sheet now.

• Love 6

Let's also not forget that intent should matter.  Whether or not Regina actualy did murder Marian (and didn't A&E tell Lana at the begginging of the season that she did kill Marian?), she meant to.   She planned to murder Marian and felt no qualms about it.  She murdered hundreds of people just like Marian.  She offed men, women, and children just because weren't too fond of their queen. 

I honestly don't give a flying fig whether or not Regina acutlaly did the deed in the original timeline. It should have taken Robin more than a week to come around to the idea that someone who committed so many unspeakable acts of evil had reformed.  Before a character who fought authority, who robbed from the rich to give the poor, falls into bed with a homocidal maniac I would hope that he had some evidence that she regretted what she did and was trying to atone for those actions.  Which I highly doubt he had, because we sure as hell haven't seen much actual regret from her.

ETA: Got there at the same time as Souris.

Edited by NotBothered
  • Love 5

Actually, we do kinda know, because A&E TOLD Lana that Regina murdered Marian.

Now, of course, they might change their minds. But as of now, from everything that has been presented, overwhelming evidence is that Regina had Marian executed. It's just another in a long line of horrible, evil things she did, so it's certainly not out of character or difficult to believe -- but at least that one is off her karmic balance sheet now.

Yes I know they did that and she said it @ Spooky Con but until it's shown on screen I'm willing to be that they have a twist about this whole situation. That twist ultimately being it was not Regina that killed Marian. She may have intended to kill her, but she's not the one that did it.

A and E said we would find out how Marian died, if that is the case which I'm sure we will see how she truly died then everything isn't written in stone yet.

I honestly don't give a flying fig whether or not Regina acutlaly did the deed in the original timeline.

You should because if it's proven she did not kill Marian then you will have to place that on someone else, and my money is willing to be on

Elizebeth Mitchell's character

is the true culprit.

Edited by Hookian

You should because if it's proven she did not kill Marian then you will have to place that on someone else, and my money is willing to be on Elizebeth Mitchell's character is the true culprit.

Like I just said, intent matters.  Regina meant to kill Marian.  She wanted to kill Marian.  From everything we've seen on the show, if someone else actually did the deed it wasn't becuase Regina suddenly decided that killing Marian was the wrong thing to do, it was becuase Marian somehow escaped (which I believe is the plot twist you've been arguing for).  That doesn't absolve Regina.

For me, Regina not actually murdering Marian would be a technicality at this point.  And despite actually shipping OutlawQueen originally, I just can't get myself to be okay with it until Regina actually tells him that she regrets what she did and would take it back if she could.  This is an example of the danger of having time to think.  When we were in the rush of 3B, I could let it go (except the "bold and audacious" line...that was, is, and always will be tone deaf) (also...pun intended), but I for one am expecting to have much harder time swallowing it when the new season starts.

• Love 3

Elizabeth Mitchell's character killed Marian"

I was simply referring to the notion that the dead ex's give their blessings to find happiness somewhere else.

I find this idea really strange and kinda creepy. I could understand, say, a spouse on a deathbed saying to their SO "Don't be alone for the rest of your life, find someone else to make you happy after you're done grieving", but that's it. Otherwise, especially with spouses/SOs long separated, it feels weird. It's not in their right to give any kind of blessing or permission. It certainly wasn't with Neal.

You should because if it's proven she did not kill Marian then you will have to place that on

someone else, and my money is willing to be on Elizebeth Mitchell's character

is the true culprit.

I feel we've been over this already. There is zero evidence Regina didn't kill Marian in the original timeline and, frankly, the

Elizabeth Mitchell's character killed Marian

is simply wishful thinking at this point.

We don't even know for sure who her character is or if she is even connected to the past events during Regina's tyrannical reign. And hell, even if Regina didn't actually do the deed, she had certainly intended to and would have, because we've never seen her take pity on her random prisoners.

Edited by stacey
Spoiler tags
  • Love 9

Honestly, I don't believe it matters who killed Marian at the end.  The intent was there.  It's like the mobster who sets out to kill someone, but then the person he wants to kill steps into traffic and dies.  The intent was there still, that person may not have committed the crime, but they are morally guilty.  Something/Someone just beat them to the punch.

Regina stood there and cackled about making an example of the woman, she jailed her.  Under any circumstances, whether that's Marian or not, she's still guilty.  She may not have pulled the trigger but she set the chain of events in motion.  One can also argue that if she hadn't jailed Marian, Emma wouldn't have brought her to the present.

• Love 7

I find this idea really strange and kinda creepy. I could understand, say, a spouse on a deathbed saying to their SO "Don't be alone for the rest of your life, find someone else to make you happy after you're done grieving", but that's it. Otherwise, especially with spouses/SOs long separated, it feels weird. It's not in their right to give any kind of blessing or permission. It certainly wasn't with Neal.

I feel we've been over this already. There is zero evidence Regina didn't kill Marian in the original timeline and, frankly, the

Elizabeth Mitchell's character killed Marian

is simply wishful thinking at this point.

We don't even know for sure who her character is or if she is even connected to the past events during Regina's tyrannical reign. And hell, even if Regina didn't actually do the deed, she had certainly intended to and would have, because we've never seen her take pity on her random prisoners.

Um we know she's the big bad the of the season and going from pics she's The Snow Queen. So I would say she very well could be responsible for killing Marian in the real time line.

Robin? Oh please. This is *My Marian* who you would *go to hell and back for* and now she is sloppy seconds because she has miraculously been brought back to you and Roland ~and you have the hots for the crazy- lady mayor with super magic powers? In spite of your professed nobility to your vow, you just looked like shallow dork.

From the Episode thread for 4.01. I so agree! Sure, people grieve and sometimes move on, and seeing one's wife back from the "dead" would be something of an adjustment. But in his speech to Regina, he sounded as though it was a punishment to stick with Marian, but he was doing it out of nobility. All over a 2-day relationship. Unless we find that Regina and Robin were Enemies-with-Benefits in the missing year in the EF. Nothing else explains it. There is no mention of Roland, or the fact that Regina terrorized his wife and had her killed/was about to kill her.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 7

There is no mention of Roland, or the fact that Regina terrorized his wife and had her killed/was about to kill her.

Yeah, shouldn't there have been something in his reaction along the lines of, "Regina, you were going to kill my Marian, wow, I didn't realize just how bold and audacious you really are!  You totally rock!"  Robin is just the man for Regina, for sure.  Match made in heaven.

• Love 3

Has anyone nailed down exactly (or approximately) how long Robin was living thinking his wife was dead?  Factoring in curses and Cora-domes, Missing Years, etc.?  

Because Roland is four, so in my mind they can't have been separated for more than that.  And given the state of Enchanted Forest healthcare and technology, I would think Marian would've been home with Roland, caring for him and nursing him for probably the first year and thus unlikely to be off on jobs with Robin.  Unless there were wet-nurses hanging out with the Merry Men.

So, to me that adds up to a maximum of three years thinking her dead - which in the grand scheme of things Enchanted-Forest-Epic-Love-style?  Not a real long time.  So, for Robin to be reunited with his True Love after thinking her dead for three years, it should have been a joyous, miraculous event - even if he had recently begun to consider loving again with Regina.  It doesn't have to mean he doesn't care for Regina, but it was just starting and thus should not have been so powerful as to completely eradicate all he felt for Marian to the point that his "epic love" for her is reduced to "doing the right thing" and "honoring my vows."

It ruins the character, trivializes an epic romance and makes me doubt that he is capable of any real depth of feeling.  Maybe he's just a "love the one you're with" kind of guy...   

• Love 9

It doesn't have to mean he doesn't care for Regina, but it was just starting and thus should not have been so powerful as to completely eradicate all he felt for Marian to the point that his "epic love" for her is reduced to "doing the right thing" and "honoring my vows."

But he and Regina are "Soul Mates", which means the love the share is automatically more powerful than anything else. It takes away from any free will or choice, so it makes it weird that writers want to frame it that way. True Love must be fought for. Soul Mates are easy peasy.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

Roland is four.

Roland is five. He was already four when he was used as shadow bait in 3A. Add in the missing year and he's five. I assume Marian was dead for a couple of years prior to the curse since it occurred during "Snow Falls" which would have made Roland somewhere around 12-24 months old when she died. Basically, it's been around four years since Robin has seen Marian. That's quite a long time to get over his wife's death. That said, his response to Regina having murdered his wife was absolute crap. I wonder what Regina's response would have been had Daniel come back and instead of Cora having killed him, it turned out it was Robin.   

• Love 3

That said, his response to Regina having murdered his wife was absolute crap.

Did we even see it? The show seemed to slide that one under the rug. Surely Marian told him later, but it didn't seem to affect the conversation he had with Regina.

In said discussion, it seemed like he didn't care about Marian at all. She was more of just an obligation than a true love. It was like, "I really love you, Regina, but I'm stuck with Miss Reappear. It's a real bummer, I know. Duty calls." His wife is a chore to him. I love how he stressed living on a code, yet he was dating a mass murderer who killed his wife. It doesn't seem he was ignorant about her terror, either.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

Basically, it's been around four years since Robin has seen Marian. That's quite a long time to get over his wife's death.

Well that depends, doesn't it? Twice that time may not be enough to grieve over someone and move on. For others, it may take a life-time. It depends on so many things. He said he would have gone to hell for her. Added to that he had guilt thinking he had caused her death. Robin was shown to have risked torture and his life to save his pregnant wife in the past (or maybe that was just to save his unborn child). Two years after she "died" the curse was cast. After it was broken, there were two more years spent chasing ogres, or running from bad guys. Maybe he is the one with the resilient heart.

It seems that he wants to stay with Marian now only because of a sense of guilt and/or obligation (we don't know if divorce exists in the EF). And Marian deserves better than that. I hope Marian will be the one to ditch his ass when she realizes that Robin's passion for her would be/murderess is greater than any residual love he may have for her. But I will scream if the writers act as though Roland prefers Regina to his own mother. 

• Love 4

Roland is five. He was already four when he was used as shadow bait in 3A. Add in the missing year and he's five. I assume Marian was dead for a couple of years prior to the curse since it occurred during "Snow Falls" which would have made Roland somewhere around 12-24 months old when she died. Basically, it's been around four years since Robin has seen Marian. That's quite a long time to get over his wife's death. That said, his response to Regina having murdered his wife was absolute crap. I wonder what Regina's response would have been had Daniel come back and instead of Cora having killed him, it turned out it was Robin.

Ah, thank you for the correction! I had a feeling I was forgetting something. So, it was four years give or take since she had died. Even still... On the one hand, four years is a long time, yes, but there are some people who never get over the loss of a spouse. It wouldn't seem so jarring to me if Robin himself hadn't built his love for Marian up so much. When the epic love of his life comes back and he's just like, "Man, I guess I've got to make the noble sacrifice and stay..." It just cheapens everything he said. Especially since we know that Marian's chief concern was protecting them by remaining anonymous prior to and throughout her capture and confinement. Boo Robin!

• Love 3

Some of his grieving could have been processed over the 28 years of the curse.  Even if he lived in a sort of timeless, repeating few days, he'd be living in a reality where his wife was dead, and time was passing.  It doesn't excuse his completely ignoring that he was hooking up with the person who originally killed his wife.

(Team Marian all the way.  At least, until she turns out to be evil because A&E know Robin truly belongs with Regina.  Then, allegiance will be transferred to Team Roland, who should possibly try and get adopted by a more sensible parent.)

• Love 1

Not surprisingly, we never got to see an actual conversation between Robin and Marion alone, and instead got the next-morning-with-Regina talk.  During which Robin Hood doesn't even question the fact that Regina had sentenced Marion to death without a trial.  And he doesn't ask if Regina feels bad about it now.  Because we know she doesn't.  Apparently, none of those things are even an issue anymore, and not even 24 hours have passed.

• Love 3

Some of his grieving could have been processed over the 28 years of the curse.  Even if he lived in a sort of timeless, repeating few days, he'd be living in a reality where his wife was dead, and time was passing.

The Cora-Dome totally froze everyone, I believe. Unlike Storybrookers, the people there didn't remember anything in that 28 year stretch.

Not surprisingly, we never got to see an actual conversation between Robin and Marion alone, and instead got the next-morning-with-Regina talk.  During which Robin Hood doesn't even question the fact that Regina had sentenced Marion to death without a trial.  And he doesn't ask if Regina feels bad about it now.  Because we know she doesn't.  Apparently, none of those things are even an issue anymore, and not even 24 hours have passed.

I've been wondering about the fact that everybody was at Granny's at night when Emma and Hook came back with Marian, and everyone is still there in the morning.  They didn't stay all night, not with a newborn and Henry and Roland.  So they all just reconvened in the morning at Granny's for breakfast?  Doesn't Snow want to do the old 'sleep while the baby is sleeping' thing that new moms do?  Couldn't someone make her breakfast in bed?  Why would Regina show up there when she's just had the devastating news the night before?  All so contrived.

(edited)

This is the timeline for Season 4 Episode 1:

The episode begins immediately after the Season 3 finale, so it's still night-time.  Emma follows Regina out (which would have occurred minutes after Regina first meets Marion in "There's No Place Like Home"), and there's that whole scene in front of the diner.  Meanwhile, Leroy and Sleepy are in the truck driving and encounter Elsa, who freezes the vehicle.

Then, the story picks up at daybreak when Elsa finally walks into town.  This is the next morning at this point.  

So it's the morning after that Snow, Emma, etc. are along the sidewalk chatting, and Leroy runs to warn them about the freezing incident.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

From the episode thread: "Did he even thank Emma for saving Marian? Or does he agree with Regina that Emma should have let well enough alone?"

If he could say what he really felt, it might go something like this: "Why the heck did you save my wife and bring her back to Storybrooke? Now I'll have to pretend to be an honorable man and stick with her, even though I'd rather be with Ms Bold and Audacious instead. What's one more murder? What matters is a sexy ass. Regina would have made a great step-mom for Roland. Why, the other day, she promised to make a delicious apple pie for him."

• Love 6
(edited)

Robin Hood thought he got Marion killed because she was involved in her job.  Surely, he must have apologized to Marion by the next morning.  But we never got to see it.  So... if they're delaying it for episode 3 or whenever, wouldn't it be weird timing, since why would Robin and Marion wait to discuss the issue of why/how she died?   I'm assuming they will be doing a flashback to show what really happened.  I understand they need to put "Frozen" front and center, but this really hurts the character of Robin Hood, and makes the story unnatural.  Not that there's much more to destroy at this point.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

I don't think that the writers have any interest in fleshing out the characters of Robin and Marian or showing us their relationship past or present.  These two characters exist now solely to create angst and drama for Regina.  

Edited by angelwoody
  • Love 8

Yeah, the Robin character has no storyline outside of Regina and in (non-spoilery) interviews A&E characterized this story as more of a personal growth issue for Regina and not a romantic story for Robin/Regina. That doesn't mean Outlaw Queen isn't end game, but the "romance" is not their focus. I believe that's why Sean was not made a regular and why the character of Robin has had zero development. We're not meant to focus on him and his personal story. We're supposed to see things from Regina's perspective and only Regina's perspective.

• Love 2

Yeah, the Robin character has no storyline outside of Regina and in (non-spoilery) interviews A&E characterized this story as more of a personal growth issue for Regina and not a romantic story for Robin/Regina. That doesn't mean Outlaw Queen isn't end game, but the "romance" is not their focus. I believe that's why Sean was not made a regular and why the character of Robin has had zero development. We're not meant to focus on him and his personal story. We're supposed to see things from Regina's perspective and only Regina's perspective.

Yes.  If they want to keep him likable and a contrast with Regina--perceived as brave and noble--the good guy to Regina's bad girl--they have to keep him vague, and not go into his reactions to things.

If they went into his reactions to things, they'd have to address things like how completely careless he is with Roland's safety, and how he gave absolutely no figs at all that he was dating the person who tormented his beloved wife.  Even if he wasn't in love with Marian any more, their parting was not because they'd learned to hate each other; there should be enough affection left, even if it's platonic, that he would have feelings about that.

The more they keep him a cipher, the better he fits into Regina's story.  I know he's talked about his "dark past."  I'm not truly sure how much of even that we'll see.  I think it'll depend on how much they can use it to undercut Robin/Marian (or Emma and the Charmings) while propping up Regina/Robin.

• Love 2

I know he's talked about his "dark past."  I'm not truly sure how much of even that we'll see.

Somehow I don't think it involves being a mass murderer or tyrannizing a whole kingdom.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Somehow I don't think it involves being a mass murderer or tyrannizing a whole kingdom.

No, I imagine not.  : ). 

However, I can see them doing a story about his past that makes him feel guilty, but undercuts some of the other characters/relationships while propping up the Robin/Regina thing.  If the writers goal is to make Outlaw Queen long term, it would fit their usual method for Regina stories. 

• Love 1

However, I can see them doing a story about his past that makes him feel guilty, but undercuts some of the other characters/relationships while propping up the Robin/Regina thing.  If the writers goal is to make Outlaw Queen long term, it would fit their usual method for Regina stories.

Even if Robin did some terrible acts (thievery, etc.), I would still find it irrelevant to Regina's past. It wouldn't even be in the same league. It wouldn't make Outlaw Queen any more justifiable, imo. If we do get Robin flashbacks, I'm not very excited about them because he's such a deadbeat character already.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

Yeah, at this point, I really don't think there's any way to salvage the Robin Hood character. It was possible up until the premiere, but the fact that he literally does not care at all that Regina was the one to kill Marian has pushed him firmly into "irredeemable as a character" territory. You'd think the writers would have learned their lesson with Nealfire, but apparently not. (Actually, come to think of it, they really struggle in general to write men worthy of their heroines, both in terms of as a person/moral worthiness and the sheer "does he blend into the wallpaper when he's on screen" factor. Belle too has this problem gender-reversed.)

I can't help but feel bad for Sean Maguire. I don't think he's very good in the role, but I also think even Brad Pitt or Chris Hemsworth would struggle to make Robin likable at this point.

• Love 3

Aww, I was sure we would get a flashback to how Marion got captured, and why Robin thought he was responsible.  I did expect most of it from Regina's POV but I expected they would give him one centric to explain the situation.  Though I'm not sure how they can logically fit it in without pushing Frozen to the side, which is risky since Frozen fans might tune out.

You know, Robin is providing some stiff competition to Rumple in the "worst husband in the Enchanted Forest" competition. Yeah, Rumple killed his wife after she left him, but he doesn't seem to have been a cruel husband while they were together. He was just too selfish and cowardly to understand her concerns or do anything about them.

But Robin in the latest episode takes the cake. In a confrontation between his wife and the woman who imprisoned her and planned her execution, he sided with the woman who imprisoned his wife. He actually disregarded his wife's feelings and told her she was wrong about Regina, whose dungeon she had only just escaped. Even if Regina had really changed, this was not the time to invalidate the experience of a traumatized woman. Give her some space and a sense of safety and security and let her gradually figure it out for herself. Don't expect the woman who just escaped her own execution to just instantly accept that Regina has changed and not be angry at her. If he didn't know that Marian had just escaped from Regina's dungeon, right before her execution, then why the hell not? He's just been reunited with his long-lost, believed-dead wife, and it's more important to him to rush after his girlfriend of a week (at the most) than to take the time to listen to what happened to Marian? Either way, it looks bad. If he knows and he's taking Regina's side, he's practically evil. If he didn't take the time to know, he's an insensitive jerk who thinks the feelings of his girlfriend of maybe a week are more important to him than those of his wife, who's clearly traumatized and who's just been brought forward through time into a strange new world.

I hope that one of the dwarfs is a killer divorce lawyer in this world and helps her take Robin for every pine cone he's got.

• Love 10

His idea of walking through hell for Marian is not the same as mine.   I've been saying he and Regina are a good match, they deserve each other.  He's not the Robin Hood we want him to be.  But he better be careful when he decides he has walked through enough hell with Regina -- she will blow him to kingdom come.

• Love 3

So, Robin is the kind of guy who'd not only cheat on his wife who's in a coma, but in his wife's hospital room?  He's a keeper.  (Also, I'd like to point out to any future characters attracted to him:  If a person cheats with you, chances are pretty good he/she'll cheat on you.  Enjoy that, Regina.) 

• Love 5

Is it cheating, though? It was disgusting that he confessed to loving his wife's torturer/murder as said wife lay frozen in a coma, but I'm not sure if I would classify it as cheating. It may come to that, but it's not at that stage yet.

I don't know . . . there's something seriously horrible about standing above your wife's immovable body declaring your love to the person who killed her (originally).

He may not have inserted any part of his body into any part of Regina's body right that minute, but it definitely wasn't too far away from cheating, even if it technically wasn't, and definitely was a step away from commitment to his marriage.  (Which, if he's going to dissolve, probably Marian deserves to hear first.)

It was icky, definitely! I actually thought the Marian/Robin/Roland Hood family looked kinda cute until things went... frozen. Poor Marian.\

Yes.  Team Marian!  (Until her apparently inevitable death.  Then, Team Roland.  May he be adopted by loving people who are not Robin and Regina, neither of which should be allowed near impressionable, vulnerable children.)

Edited by Mari
  • Love 5

Way to ruin my childhood hero, showrunners. I used to dress up as Maid Marian, to have an imaginary Robin Hood by my side. Guess i should have dress up as the Evil Queen...

Robin really came across as a douche. When he was about to perform anact of TLK on Marian he looked:
- repulsed,
- constipated,

- scared.

And only the 'scared' expression can be valid. He should have been afraid his kiss won't work and he's going to demonstrate that in front of all these people (who are, let's face it, judging him).

The confesion of loving "another" over one's almost-dead wife is not the smoothest talking I've seen. I guess it was supposed to be sweet (some tumblr's posts alert me towards this notion and I'm pretty sure I should consider Regina and Robin's scenes as romantic).

• Love 6