Type keyword(s) to search

Girl Meets Spoilers (and Spoiler Discussion)

I believe I saw the whole episode. Pre-taped scenes (including Chet and Angela's) were shown to us on the monitor in between what was being taped live. So, we watched the opening at (shot live), then the scene at demolition (pre-taped), we picked up after that (live), and so on until the end of the episode.

I think they shot 4 (give or take 1 or 2) scenes live. Most of the Topanga's bakery (exterior and interior - minus Angela's scenes) stuff was filmed live.

ETA: Michael Jacobs is already expecting a full scale backlash. See here: http://www.ibtimes.com/girl-meets-world-angela-shawn-episode-will-cause-full-scale-audience-rebellion-1954576

Meh. It's not a big deal to me tbh. Maybe she was only available during those times, so they weren't able to shoot live. Or maybe they did it to not piss off the audience.

It's disappointing, but life happens. If Shawn doesn't end up with her, it's not a huge deal. What matters is that it's handled well. That I'd be more concerned about.

• Love 1
(edited)

Where you there?

Meh. It's not a big deal to me tbh. Maybe she was only available during those times, so they weren't able to shoot live. Or maybe they did it to not piss off the audience.

It's disappointing, but life happens. If Shawn doesn't end up with her, it's not a huge deal. What matters is that it's handled well. That I'd be more concerned about.

The audience was disappointed- at least my section...some came to see Trina and Blake. I took a day off work to go see the taping. Trina and Blake were on set, they just didn't film anything. Someone asked about the scenes shown/filmed at the taping because the episode seems a bit unnecessary and I sort of agree, there is this BIG setup is being done by the producers and the payout is not going to meet the expectations. There is no back story on Angela, no Topanga reunion, etc. I think people think Shawn and Angela will be the focal point of the episode but it really revolves around Maya allowing herself to be happy and hope for things and getting her wish of Katy and Shawn. Angela has one speaking scene. Perhaps more was added later but I saw a pretty complete episode. I think people will be disappointed. In a few weeks, we will see how many agree.

Edited by pink317
  • Love 2
(edited)

What a let down. I'm out after this episode. If I wanna watch it I'll do it online. If the writers aren't going to respect the relationships Boy Meets World cultivated I'm not going to respect them.

Trina's appearence is being treated so differently than the other Boy characters, they are being celebrated, Angela is being treated like an annoying afterthought.

Edited by Canadian213
  • Love 4

I believe I saw the whole episode. Pre-taped scenes (including Chet and Angela's) were shown to us on the monitor in between what was being taped live. So, we watched the opening at (shot live), then the scene at demolition (pre-taped), we picked up after that (live), and so on until the end of the episode.

I think they shot 4 (give or take 1 or 2) scenes live. Most of the Topanga's bakery (exterior and interior - minus Angela's scenes) stuff was filmed live.

ETA: Michael Jacobs is already expecting a full scale backlash. See here: http://www.ibtimes.com/girl-meets-world-angela-shawn-episode-will-cause-full-scale-audience-rebellion-1954576

Well the most objectionable thing I see is Angela's horrible looking hair.

Don't get me started on her hair!!

Maybe everyone else will like it, I just felt the hype and what I saw didn't match. I expected more than "I disappeared on you cause I wasn't ready but I got married and now I need your advice about whether or not I should have kids. Ps my dad died and you should be with Katy."

I thought the hurricane was about Shawn choosing between Angela & Katy but it was Maya' s emotional hurricane and her thru line of being afraid to have hope/wish for good things. Had I known this prior, I probably would have been less upset.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ha! I rebuke that monstrosity sitting on Trina's head in those preview pictures. I know she hasn't worked steadily in recent years but there's no excuse for that tragic wig. Angela was creative with her hairstyles but she never looked so awful. 

What a let down. I'm out after this episode. If I wanna watch it I'll do it online. If the writers aren't going to respect the relationships Boy Meets World cultivated I'm not going to respect them.

Trina's appearance is being treated so differently than the other Boy characters, they are being celebrated, Angela is being treated like an annoying afterthought.

You have perfectly described what's bothering me most about Angela's return - the tone is so different and not an accurate/respectful reflection of the character's history. Whether or not people like/dislike Angela, she did eventually become an integral part of the cast in the later seasons. She wasn't just Shawn's girlfriend/appendage. She was one of Topanga's closest friends, formed a special bond with Cory (I absolutely loved that storyline in season 6), and generally got along with the rest of the characters.

I'll fully admit the 12-year old Shawn/Angela shipper in me is heartbroken and crying but I promise I'm not entirely delusional. I know this show is about the kids. I realize people move on and you don't always end up with your first love - that's life (although I do scoff at the writers' insistence on being "realistic" on a fictional show like this). However, Angela's return appears to be very unnecessary and disappointing on a number of levels - no need to bring her back for this nonsense and to "prop" Shawn/Katy. Just put those two together and leave well enough alone. 

Heck I'd wish the writers would realize that Shawn can be part of Maya's life and a father figure to her without actually pairing up with her mother (and I'm so petty that every time I look at Katy, I can't help but burst out laughing, thinking about the actress' SYTYCD audition - I love/hate when my fandoms collide). It's such a contrived (and downright corny) storyline.

Anyway, it will be great to see Jack back. He looks great! 

Edited by CurbUrEnthusiasm
  • Love 3

(and I'm so petty that every time I look at Katy, I can't help but burst out laughing, thinking about the actress' SYTYCD audition - I love/hate when my fandoms collide). 

Well geez.  That was a whole decade ago!  In showbiz terms that's like a century!

(edited)

However, Angela's return appears to be very unnecessary and disappointing on a number of levels - no need to bring her back for this nonsense and to "prop" Shawn/Katy. Just put those two together and leave well enough alone. 

Her return is utterly unnessesary it's almost -- no it is -- cruel to have Trina and Rider acting together again with the AMAZING (whether you're a Shawngela shipper or not, you know they jived) undeniable chemistry they have, just to take it away.

Shawn & Angela broke up 15 years ago.

Edited by Canadian213
  • Love 2
(edited)

Shawn & Angela broke up 15 years ago.

And apparently so did Angela and Topanga lol.

You hit the nail on the head earlier, the other characters' returns are celebrated but Angela's is an unwelcomed threat to the GMW status quo and even her former friends dont seem to want her there - Cory runs into Topanga's bakery ahead of Angela screaming trying to warn Shawn. Angela and Cory end on a good note because she  walks out of their lives (presumably) forever. Trina, as an actress in a slow period, did the right thing by saying yes to the role but I wonder how she really feels... as she was very passionate about Shawn & Angela and her role on Boy Meets World.

Edited by pink317
  • Love 3
However, Angela's return appears to be very unnecessary and disappointing on a number of levels - no need to bring her back for this nonsense and to "prop" Shawn/Katy. Just put those two together and leave well enough alone.

The thing is, I would think this is going to make people even more against Shawn/Katy because a major character relationship is being used to prop up the single most contrived relationship I've seen possibly ever. Like, why remind us all about Angela and Shawn's romance in order to set up his romance with someone else? It's stupid from a show running POV. I don't get what they are trying to do. Closure? Is that really needed here? It's been 15 years. High school/college sweethearts don't always end up together. They move on. No need to dredge it all up to prop up a storyline relationship that has no foundation or chemistry.

I'm not even a Shawn/Angela fan, didn't dislike them, don't care either way, they are not Corey and Topanga, but it annoys me that this is happening to set up Shawn and Katy. (as for that SYTYCD clip...thanks for the laugh. That stripper dance was hilarious).

• Love 2

I kind of think Michael Jacobs was damned if he did and damned if he didn't when it comes to Angela. It looks like he never intended to have Shawn and Angela together after all this time. As much I adored them in the BMW days, I'm fine with that. High school sweethearts that make it together into adulthood aren't exactly the norm, and Shawn and Angela were/are both broken people in a lot of ways. Still, by the end of this season it looks like most of the BMW cast will have been on the show. Not to bring Trina back would have been a real slap in the face--to her and to BMW fans. So he has to bring her back but not have her available for a relationship with Shawn. So I get why he's doing it the way he is.

All that having been said, I'll agree with everyone that it sounds like it's going to be handled more clunkily than it should have. I'll wait until I've seen the episode to decide for sure.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm a HUGE Shawngela shipper and even I'm OK with them not ending up together. I AM NOT OK WITH Angela being used as a weapon to prop Shawn & Katy. I think it's a disgusting disregard to Boy Meets World fans and will stop watching after Hurricane because of it. Michael Jacobs DID NOT need to do that. I do think this is partly Disney's influence. What the hell?

Trina's not happy about it. We follow each other on Twitter and she'll frequently chime in on conversations fans are having, and she'll RT things we say, seemingly in agreement.

Edited by Canadian213
  • Love 5

Well the most objectionable thing I see is Angela's horrible looking hair.

It's really and truly awful.  I just can't believe that anyone is walking around willingly with that on their head.  

As for the Angela/Shawn thing - I also think it's unnecessary to bring her back (of course, I never really liked the character much, so, grain of salt and all). But, I guess I can kind of see why they did it.  Apparently there are a lot of Angela/Shawn fans out there, so the show probably felt like they had to address it in some way. And her being married makes it a situation where Shawn isn't "choosing Katy over Angela."  I don't see her being a "villain" because she's now married to someone else and contemplating kids.  As others have mentioned, not everyone marries their high school sweetheart.  And considering how "broken" both were and that they went their separate ways after college, it makes sense that they would both move on and develop other romantic relationships as they matured.  My college boyfriend and I had a similarly "volatile" relationship (minus the messed up family lives), and while I still care about the guy and all, even if I wasn't married now, I can't imagine the two of us ever being romantically involved again.  We're different people now.  And, in the years since I met my husband, the ex and I have had conversations where we have both just touched base to see how the other is doing and where we talked over our past and the mistakes we both made, talked about how that impacts our current relationships, etc.  

I do think it's ridiculous if we don't get a single Angela/Topanga scene, though.  I mean, she's in town, she sees Shawn and Cory and doesn't see Topanga?  

• Love 1

Your situation makes sense because it is a complete story. We don't get a complete story in this episode. 

Aside from the super shippers, I dont think people will be upset about her being married as much as they will be upset at the lack of exposition and the over-hyping of the episode. She was introduced to the GMW universe as a villain - a leaver, a person who abandons the one they love, etc, which was a bonding point for Shawn and Katy. You should see the people on the FB pages they hate Angela for hurting Shawn! Talk about revisionist history. Folks that know their BMW history well are justified in feeling unsettled because it doesn't jive with what happened in BMW S7 (constantly talking about never leaving each other, working out their issues in ep703)  and by not explaining where they hell Angela has been for 15 years and implying she left to spend 1 year in Europe with her dad and just never talked to Shawn again (not even a phone call to say she didnt die in a plane crash on the way over?!) is sort of disrespectful to BMW fans - I mean she was a series regular. I know a complete back story for a guest star is a lot to ask when the series is supposed to focus on the kids but again, it goes back to over-hyping. The taping was in Feb, back then the writers were really misrepresenting the episode.

I don't think the reasons I mentioned above will even be discussed if there is a backlash. The writers will claim reality over TV endings and focus on the relationship angle opposed to plot hole stuff. And by the way, "meets world" universe has never been 100% real. Didn't Riley have a horse in her room? Cause that happens....

• Love 5

She was introduced to the GMW universe as a villain - a leaver, a person who abandons the one they love, etc, which was a bonding point for Shawn and Katy.

Right, the retcon of her being a leaver is being used as a bonding point for Shawn & Katy and they are COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that Shawn is WAY more of a leaver than her and he's very very likley to leave both Katy and Maya because of his own issues. To cover that up and act like Shawn is in any way suitable to be someone's father is lunacy.

Shawn's not a great person. He's a leaver, he never owns up to his faults, he lives in a perpetual poor me state and has a predilection for alcohol and has been shown to get violent because of it.

To whitewash ALL of that and drag Angela down JUST so Maya can potentially learn a lesson about not parent-trapping two people is nuts.

• Love 4

Has Shawn ever specifically mentioned Angela as a "leaver" on GMW?  I know he's talked about how he's the one who gets left, but I always took that as more a reference to his family than anything else.  Yes, he could consider Angela a "leaver" as well, but I think that it isn't even a reflection on her at that point, but just his overall feeling that, other than Cory (and Topanga), everyone in his life has really left him.  Angela had a reason, at least, as opposed to, say, his father, but the end result is still the same - Shawn feels like he is always being left.  I'm probably not wording this right, but, in a nutshell, I don't think it's about a statement on Angela's character, but about a statement on Shawn's perspective on his life, and why he hasn't settled down with someone yet, and why he feels a bond with Maya.  

I would think that Shawn seeing Angela is married and contemplating starting a family would be more of a way to bring some closure to Shawn to feel like he can move on from wondering "what if" about that relationship.  She doesn't have to be a villain for that to happen.  

Of course, I would absolutely agree with any of her fans who feel she isn't going to get any real perspective here, because this is clearly not about her. It's about Shawn working out his issues.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Has Shawn ever specifically mentioned Angela as a "leaver" on GMW?  I know he's talked about how he's the one who gets left, but I always took that as more a reference to his family than anything else.  Yes, he could consider Angela a "leaver" as well, but I think that it isn't even a reflection on her at that point, but just his overall feeling that, other than Cory (and Topanga), everyone in his life has really left him.  Angela had a reason, at least, as opposed to, say, his father, but the end result is still the same - Shawn feels like he is always being left.  I'm probably not wording this right, but, in a nutshell, I don't think it's about a statement on Angela's character, but about a statement on Shawn's perspective on his life, and why he hasn't settled down with someone yet, and why he feels a bond with Maya.  

I think it's right for Shawn to think this way and somewhat justified, but if it was not a statement on Angela's character they would have Cory or Topanga point out that Angela "leaving" Shawn was more complicated than he's remembering. He specifically said "she ended it and walked out on me" in Pluto, that isn't true & Corpanga know that, but they just sat there.

Edited by Canadian213
  • Love 1
(edited)

Has Shawn ever specifically mentioned Angela as a "leaver" on GMW? 

Girl Meets Master Plan. The girls ask what happened to Angela/why it didnt work and Shawn says Angela left him. 

But...

15 years ago, in  Angela's Men, she did not break up with Shawn.. she was going to Europe for 1 year to be with her dad. So, again, did she just never come back or speak to Shawn again? They weren't broken up (on her end) the last time we saw them together.

I've seen the episode, I'm over it already but I have a very good memory, know my favorite shows thoroughly, and retcon is jarring and difficult to reconcile.

She doesn't have to be a villain for that to happen.  

That's what everyone is saying!

Edited by pink317
  • Love 1

Pink, since you've seen the taping, can you tell us if Angela comes across as a villain to you? Do they seem to paint her as the bad guy in the breakup?

That's what everyone is saying!

I know. What I'm saying is, is the show going to necessarily portray her as a villain?  I'd really only consider her villainous if she comes back, happily married, finds out Shawn is potentially interested in someone else, and, despite being married and not wanting him for herself, she tries to throw a wrench into his new potential relationship out of jealousy or some need for him to still be in love with her, so she knows he's always warming the bench if she ever wants him again.  

Growing apart from him because they were on different continents and they both grew in different directions (which Shawn sees as another example of someone leaving him), and coming back as an adult to talk to him about their past and maybe work through any lingering issues as she prepares for the next stage in her life isn't the show painting her in a bad light, in my opinion.  And Cory and Topanga not jumping in and correcting him, especially in front of the girls, makes sense to me, on this show.  This is the same show here we had an episode centered around Maya being hurt because Riley didn't defend her against being called "short" even though she is short and it came from someone she teases all the time.  So the two of them letting him slide with "she left me" as a rather vaguely incomplete description of what happened to end their relationship fits into that same kind of attitude. 

In the end, I think this episode boils down to this:  They've been working on bringing back pretty much every old cast member/character.  They are intent on the Shawn/Katie thing.  But, they know that some of the BMW viewers might want some resolution to Shawn/Angela before he moves on to someone else.  So they bring her back to fulfill both the nostalgia and the need to move Shawn on to a new relationship.  I don't think the intent is to make Angela good or bad, because it isn't about her. What they say they think people will be pissed off, I think it's more of an awareness that the shippers don't want to see her come back just so it can facilitate a move on to Shawn/Katie. Of course, I don't think this is even about Katie either.  This is Shawn seeing a kid who has gotten a similar raw deal to the childhood he had, and he feels connected to this kid and wants to make it better for her.  

• Love 2
(edited)

And Cory and Topanga not jumping in and correcting him, especially in front of the girls, makes sense to me, on this show.  This is the same show here we had an episode centered around Maya being hurt because Riley didn't defend her against being called "short" even though she is short and it came from someone she teases all the time.  So the two of them letting him slide with "she left me" as a rather vaguely incomplete description of what happened to end their relationship fits into that same kind of attitude. 

That isn't an excuse. They don't need to get into it, a simple throwaway line from someone going "well Shawn, it wasn't that simple..." would have sufficed for me. It would get across to the new audience that there was more to the story, even if they don't know what it is.

As of right now, new fans are going in to Hurricane with guns blazing cause they think Angela is this bitch who left Shawn, the comments are all over Facebook and Entertainment Weekley articles and on Twitter so it doesn't even matter how she comes across in it, the damage is done. The lack of exposition in this episode is the same as continuing to portray her as a villian cause none of what was said in the previous episodes is refuted.

All this does is make it easier for the audience the show cares about to accept a Shawn/Katy paring. People are for it based solely on an unfair representation of Angela.

It's an intentional, bitch move on the writer's part, or on the part of any brass at Disney who may have influenced this decision.

Edited by Canadian213
  • Love 3
(edited)

Pink, since you've seen the taping, can you tell us if Angela comes across as a villain to you? Do they seem to paint her as the bad guy in the breakup?

Not in Hurricane (in Master Plan and Pluto yes, due to the lack of exposition and juxtaposition against Katy).

I What they say they think people will be pissed off, I think it's more of an awareness that the shippers don't want to see her come back just so it can facilitate a move on to Shawn/Katie. Of course, I don't think this is even about Katie either.  This is Shawn seeing a kid who has gotten a similar raw deal to the childhood he had, and he feels connected to this kid and wants to make it better for her.  

Valid points and this just goes back to the over-hyping/misrepresenting the episode (remember the taping was in Feb). Also, I think you're off about who is the center of the story arc. I dont think Shawn would date someone just to make a kid happy.  This is Maya's story, Maya's Hurricane (of emotions), Maya's fear/apprehension to believe in getting a happy ending, Maya spies on Shawn and Angela during their conversation because she is threatened by what could be, Maya finally allowing herself to feel happiness when Katy asks Shawn out and he accepts. The arc doesn't end here; the writers said the saga continues later when Maya's dad returns. Its Riley's plan and Maya's story.

Long and short of it: Angela doesn't relate back to Riley or Maya thus she is no longer useful to the "meets world" universe. I'm not sure how it could have been done better, but it could. Will be interesting to see Rachel's return as she was the true outlier of the group.

Edited by pink317
(edited)

Long and short of it: Angela doesn't relate back to Riley or Maya thus she is no longer useful to the "meets world" universe. I'm not sure how it could have been done better, but it could. Will be interesting to see Rachel's return as she was the true outlier of the group.

Yes she does. Her mom left her just like Maya's dad left her. Why can't they relate on this level instead of having Angela be a person who's going to come in and "ruin everything"?

Edited by Canadian213
  • Love 4

Obviously some relationships end after high school. I don't think anyone would be mad if Angela and Shawn don't end up together. It has been 15 years like others have said and people move on.

However, If they don't treat the character of Angela with the respect she deserves then I am out. I want her treat like they have treated other BMW character. Like I am not here for some retconing and making her appear evil just to make Katy and Shawn happen. Honestly, this whole mess is making me resent Maya and she was my favorite of the young cast. 

• Love 3

There is more drama in this thread than there is in the entire episode! Just watch and decide for yourself - you might love it, you might hate it, you might give it a 'C' and wonder what all the hype was about. Unless scenes were added (don't think so) what I posted in my original recap is pretty much it when it comes to Angela. Angela's whole arc (all 3 eps where she was mentioned) didn't feel cannon to BMW to me for the reasons I've stated many times and that is why I was unsoothed by the whole thing and don't feel bad for spoiling their most anticipated episode lol.

Valid points and this just goes back to the over-hyping/misrepresenting the episode (remember the taping was in Feb). Also, I think you're off about who is the center of the story arc. I dont think Shawn would date someone just to make a kid happy.  This is Maya's story, Maya's Hurricane (of emotions), Maya's fear/apprehension to believe in getting a happy ending, Maya spies on Shawn and Angela during their conversation because she is threatened by what could be, Maya finally allowing herself to feel happiness when Katy asks Shawn out and he accepts. The arc doesn't end here; the writers said the saga continues later when Maya's dad returns. Its Riley's plan and Maya's story.

I agree, it's mostly Maya's story, and this is how Shawn relates to her.  Basically, Shawn's important to the characters in the GMW universe, and Angela isn't.  (Which makes sense - Shawn is Riley's "uncle" and he and Cory were the original Riley and Maya.  Angela is Shawn's ex who we clearly saw left the BMW universe separately from the rest of them (her to Europe, Shawn, Cory, Topanga to NY).  

I do agree with everyone, though, if they make Angela out to somehow be in the wrong because she's had a life for the past 15 years, that's just ridiculous.  I can see the kids who watch this though, who weren't invested in the original, but are invested in Maya getting what she wants, viewing Angela as an obstacle.  Maybe those kids have heard from their parents how important she was to Shawn, and that makes them uneasy with her return.  

• Love 2

I'm still a little confused about what you've said Pink. You mentioned there's no acknowledgement of Riley, but the stills shows there is.

Maybe you didn't see everything.

tumblr_npedg6PsMz1t84jgeo2_2501.jpg

Riley's outfit is almost as bad as Angela's hair.  Almost. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm still a little confused about what you've said Pink. You mentioned there's no acknowledgement of Riley, but the stills shows there is.

Maybe you didn't see everything.

tumblr_npedg6PsMz1t84jgeo2_2501.jpg

Hey, Canada. You have to quote me or I won't know you responded to me. I dont check the GMW forum daily. :)

There was no acknowledgement of Riley as a Matthews. Riley was in the bakery with Shawn when Cory comes in screaming about Angela. After Angela says "I need to talk to you [shawn]," Riley takes her plate of sweets out to the hurricane picnic (it will make sense when you see it). She walks in between Shawn and Angela and sort of eyes them both.

That photo is a continuation/variant of this one: http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2015/02/24129647/640_Girl_Meets_World_Trina_McGee.jpg

Here is the hurricane picnic where Angela smiles signifying she wont be a threat to S&K and then leaves (for good?)

http://image-cdn.zap2it.com/images/trina-mcgee-girl-meets-world-1-disney.jpg

Edited by pink317

Hey, Canada. You have to quote me or I won't know you responded to me. I dont check the GMW forum daily. :)

There was no acknowledgement of Riley as a Matthews. Riley was in the bakery with Shawn when Cory comes in screaming about Angela. After Angela says "I need to talk to you [shawn]," Riley takes her plate of sweets out to the hurricane picnic (it will make sense when you see it). She walks in between Shawn and Angela and sort of eyes them both.

That photo is a continuation/variant of this one: http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2015/02/24129647/640_Girl_Meets_World_Trina_McGee.jpg

Here is the hurricane picnic where Angela smiles signifying she wont be a threat to S&K and then leaves (for good?)

http://image-cdn.zap2it.com/images/trina-mcgee-girl-meets-world-1-disney.jpg

With Riley sitting right there with Cory, how can Angela have no idea who she is? 

Also, just reading over her Twitter page, it's kind of off-putting.  There's a fine line between being supportive/appreciative of your fans and seeming extra desperate.  I think she crosses that line a little too much. 

(edited)

With Riley sitting right there with Cory, how can Angela have no idea who she is? 

IDK its not like they talked to each other.

Y'all just watch the episode! I should not have posted ANYTHING. Going to delete my posts if I can figure out how to do so.

Edited by pink317

1) What if Minkus married Dana?!?

2) Angela was always an afterthought. The college era (5-7) minus select episodes are in a whole other canon for me. Like Friends Meets World or Boy Meets Friends or what have you. Eli and The Apartment were clear ploys trying to bring in the Friends demo.

3) When has Angela EVER had a normal/nice looking hairstyle? Seriously read Boy Meets Reviewed as Sean hpoints it out on several occasions.

• Love 1
(edited)

A few cornrows or streaks for a teenager is one thing. 

The world's worst ombre (it's not even blended) something that even when done well became passe like 6 or 7 years ago, on someone in their 30s?  Cue eye roll.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
(edited)

3) When has Angela EVER had a normal/nice looking hairstyle? Seriously read Boy Meets Reviewed as Sean hpoints it out on several occasions.

I would really need to know how one defines "normal" but I think Angela had many great, diverse hairstyles (and yes admittedly quite a couple of truly bizarre failures, particularly in season 5...but that BMW Reviewed blog isn't exactly objective when it comes to Angela).That's actually one of the things I loved and appreciated about her character (and related to myself) - the ever-changing hair.

Yes her hair looks bad this time around (Trina is still a pretty woman but doesn't seem to grasp that blonde hair is not a good look for her). We get it. Big whoop. I'm more intrigued by what actually happens in the episode and I am crossing my fingers it isn't as cringe-worthy as some of the spoilers appear to be thus far. All I ask for is some decent, respectful writing and story-tellling.

Edited by CurbUrEnthusiasm
  • Love 1
(edited)

I DVR'd "Girl Meets Hurricane" this past friday and needless to say I am completely heartbroken. (Didn't bother watching the whole episode)

In the 90's being in an interracial relationship like Shawn and Angela's happened (as the saying goes) "Once every blue moon."
(Ask anyone born in the 70-80's they'll most likely agree.)

I read somewhere on the forum that they treated Angela more like an annoying after thought - And I can see why this person feels this way: In my humble opinion I feel very strongly for saying that If the writers didn't care for Angela at all, than they should have had Shawn and Angela's relationship end clearly in BMW Instead of leaving some huge cliff hanger. (Michael Jacobs said so otherwise in an online interview.)

I don't believe that any normal person would leave behind someone that the love/care for and not speak to them for 14 years! (Unbelievable)

I can't speak for anyone but myself but after the way that Angela Moore's character was treated I refuse to watch anymore Girl Meets World episodes- I'll kindly take my ratings to a more deserving show.

Edited by Quiin
  • Love 4

Topanga works at the bakery right? How hard would it have been to give her a short scene with her best friend?

And for that matter, would it have killed the writers to make Corey genuinely happy to see her? He fought very hard to maintain his friendship with her after she & Shawn first broke-up.

• Love 3
Also, just reading over [Trina McGee's] Twitter page, it's kind of off-putting.  There's a fine line between being supportive/appreciative of your fans and seeming extra desperate.  I think she crosses that line a little too much.

I found her Twitter feed really sad to read, especially since she appears to be idealizing a character she played for three seasons 15 years ago on a sitcom. Plus, she seems under the impression that Shawn and Angela were a groundbreaking interracial couple, making sitcom history. A quick review of her IMDB page shows that she's worked only sporadically over the past 15 years, so maybe that explains her obsession with this one guest spot now.  

To me, despite what the fans say or might want, this show isn't "Boy Meets World: The Adult Years." It's Girl Meets World, which is about Riley and Maya and their friends and relationships. Shawn Hunter's ex-girlfriend from 15 years ago is not part of that world. And if we're going to be subjected to Shawn angst, I'd rather he not be on the show.

• Love 5
(edited)
1) What if Minkus married Dana?!?

Well, according to IMDB (which you should take with a grain of salt) it has as a guest star for episode 2.22 (Girl Meets Creativity) a character named "Jennifer Minkus" played actress Anndi McAfee - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4782082 

I clicked on her IMDB link and found out that she guested twice on BMW (a different character each time) with one of them being a season two episode playing someone named...Jennifer.  Now, Minkus was already off of BMW by then, so it may be that they cast McAfee and then decided to put in the BMW connection.  Is Jennifer Minkus the wife of Stuart?  I think so.  (She looks very pretty in her IMDB photos which are dated 2012.  I've assumed Stuart's wife is good-looking.)  It's been brought up twice (once by Stuart, once by Farkle) that Topanga was Minkus' first choice, which should make any interaction between Topanga and Mrs. Minkus quite interesting.

Edited by bagert
(edited)

That link doesn't work, bagert. Hopefully, this one will - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0563884/?ref_=nv_sr_1.

I don't recognize her from BMW by her photo, but of course she's an adult now. The name 'Jennifer' is ringing a very faint bell, however.

I was kinda hoping it would be either Harley's sister TK (played by cute-as-a-bug Danielle Harris), who dated Cory, or Wendy, Cory's actual first girlfriend. Though it seems the girl who played Wendy, Jessica Wesson, doesn't act any more.

Edited by Melgaypet

That link doesn't work, bagert. Hopefully, this one will - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0563884/?ref_=nv_sr_1.

I don't recognize her from BMW by her photo, but of course she's an adult now. The name 'Jennifer' is ringing a very faint bell, however.

I was kinda hoping it would be either Harley's sister TK (played by cute-as-a-bug Danielle Harris), who dated Cory, or Wendy, Cory's actual first girlfriend. Though it seems the girl who played Wendy, Jessica Wesson, doesn't act any more.

Yea that name sounds rather familiar.

some of the Jennifer's on the show

Source: boymeetsworld.wikia.com

Could it be any of these?

Not any of them, I don't think. The philosophy-class Jennifer almost certainly would've come along too late in the show's run (the gang's senior year), and the other two were played by Amazonian Kristanna Loken ("She's right behind me anticipating my headmeat, isn't she?") and Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Although it would be hilarious for Minkus to have married either one of them.

Not any of them, I don't think. The philosophy-class Jennifer almost certainly would've come along too late in the show's run (the gang's senior year), and the other two were played by Amazonian Kristanna Loken ("She's right behind me anticipating my headmeat, isn't she?") and Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Although it would be hilarious for Minkus to have married either one of them.

Ah. I see.

Yea it would have been.

First post (been reading the site for awhile after TWOP died, also only mostly read on there), looked a bit (I was bored) on the Jennifer/Anndi McAfee thing. Tried to catch but didn't come across a Jennifer as a speaking role from what I recall in that episode she was in as Jennifer, however she was in the credits. 

Trying to see if they mention her on twitter and they posted up what Girl Meets Creativity is suppsoed to be about: 

Rehearsing: Girl Meets Creativity. In a world without art, music, drama and dance, how do you discover who you are? Maya finally does.

https://twitter.com/GMWWriters/status/611402658583199745

The episode McAfee was in, I Am Not a Crook (season 2, episode 14) brings up a few times about Cory not knowing who he is (around 30 second mark there is a line about Cory being an ordinary guy who doesn't know who he is and isn't great at anything). It's a thin thread and just mention it feels all conspiracy theory/half-life 3/silliness type things. 

Anyways, just thought toss that out there. 

Based on a YouTube video from the curtain call, Farkle's mom looks exactly like Kristanna Loken aka Jennifer Bassett.

I'm not sure what video that was, but I did find two post-taping videos (by the same person) for Girl Meets Creativity.  The first one is one of the curtain call:

On that one, they only introduced two guest stars: the ones playing Mr. Turner and Zay.  (IMDB lists several guest stars; they probably only introduced the guests known to studio audience from previous appearances,)  Now the second video shows some of the cast taking pictures with and signing autographs for members of the studio audience:

About 10 seconds into that second video, a woman comes up behind the actors playing Riley and Farkle and gives them a quick hug; comparing that woman to the pictures on Anndi McAfee's IMDB page, they could be the same person.

• Love 2
(edited)

Rehearsing: Girl Meets Creativity. In a world without art, music, drama and dance, how do you discover who you are? Maya finally does

Is the show even trying to pretend that Maya is not the main character now?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2