Type keyword(s) to search

Aww: Warm & Fuzzy TV Moments

Oh, god, YES, I remember both that cartoon and that particular episode. I used to watch that show every morning before I went to school. 

Very bittersweet episode indeed. I'll join you in crying in the corner. 

• Love 2

Bumping it up with two moments from this year's Oscars:

First, when Parasite's director Bong Joon Ho won his Best Director Oscar, he paid tribute to fellow nominees Martin Scorcese and Quentin Tarantino for their inspiration re the former and support of Asian Cinema re the latter, moving both men to tears and getting Scorcese a standing ovation.

Next, when Parasite won it's well-deserved Best Picture Oscar and almost didn't get the chance to finish their acceptance speeches because the producers turned the lights down until the audience made them turn them back up.

• Love 4

When Rosa came out to her parents on Brooklyn Nine Nine and it didn't go well. Her dad called off their family game night. Cut to Jake organizing the whole squad to show up instead, loaded with games, snacks and beer. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Bumping it up to give props to Brad Pitt for his version of Dr. Fauci on the April 25th, 2020 episode of SNL

While most of it was hilarious, the best moment was at the end, when Pitt broke character to honor Fauci and the first responders who have gone above and beyond during the pandemic. Sweet, moving and very classy.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 16

Bumping it up with a moment from NASCAR, of all things. Several weeks ago, NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace, who's biracial, chose to not only publicly show support for Black Lives Matter, he convinced NASCAR to remove the Confederate flag from its merchandise.

Needless to say, this not only doesn't sit well with many NASCAR fans, someone left a noose in Wallace's garage to intimidate him, which not only didn't work, just before the Talladega race, every single driver lead Wallace and his car to the front of the line-where Wallace was met by the original #43, Richard Petty, making Wallace burst into tears.

• Love 16
(edited)
12 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Bumping it up with a moment from NASCAR, of all things. Several weeks ago, NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace, who's biracial, chose to not only publicly show support for Black Lives Matter, he convinced NASCAR to remove the Confederate flag from its merchandise.

Needless to say, this not only doesn't sit well with many NASCAR fans, someone left a noose in Wallace's garage to intimidate him, which not only didn't work, just before the Talladega race, every single driver lead Wallace and his car to the front of the line-where Wallace was met by the original #43, Richard Petty, making Wallace burst into tears.

I don't watch NASCAR at all, however I saw this on the news and was incredibly touched.  It's even more powerful when you see the video of all the racers.  

Edited by cynicat
  • Love 5

I know there’s been a lot of discourse on PTV about Girl Meets World and how much it sucked, but there was one redeeming moment on the show that almost makes all the crap worth it:

The reunion between Eric and Tommy:

I’m not crying, you’re crying!

• Love 3
On 1/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Ricky finding out Lucy was pregnant on I Love Lucy:

As it’s been said many times in the forums lately, that wasn’t just Lucy and Ricky being overjoyed, it was Lucille and Desi.

That was a really great moment.

• Love 4

So as much as I’ve come to hate Full House, I do still have a soft spot for the part in the Vegas episode when, after Becky decides she can’t go through with the quickie wedding and leaves Jesse, Michelle toddles up to Jesse and lays her head on his shoulder saying, “do.” One of Michelle’s better moments.

• Love 4

I’ve just gotten into Parks and Rec and the amount of warm and fuzzy moments just go through the roof for me -

Leslie and Ron at his cabin when she decides she wants to run for office and has to break up with Ben 

Leslie and Ron - On Ron’s birthday - he spends the whole episode convinced she is going to throw this huge party for him and it turns out she just set his favorite movies with his favorite liquor and his favorite meal from his favorite steakhouse.  

When Ben proposes to Leslie and their vows to one another make me tear up every single time.  The fact that both actors were legitimately tearing up too was just icing on the cake. 

• Love 5

This year’s Oscars had a lot of moments, most of them having to do with Everything Everywhere All At Once: Ariana DeBose choking up upon reading Ke Huy Quran’s name and his tearful acceptance speech, the cast group hug when Michelle Yeoh won Best Actress, and of course Ke being the first to get on stage when they won Best Picture just so that he could hug Harrison Ford and give us the public Indy and Shorty reunion we’ve been wanting since we heard about the one from D23 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Also mention to Brendan Fraser winning Best Actor. Did they just give it to them to make up for blacklisting him all those years ago? Probably. But screw it, if it means he can finally get work again after everything he’s been through, I say good for him.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 6

This summer was good for cute, warm moments on TV, with second seasons of Heartstopper and Good Omens being released. My new favorite moment is the scene from the end of the second episode of Good Omens, when 

Spoiler

Crowley comforts Aziraphale when he's afraid he might go to hell.

Great music in that scene too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1