Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Let’s Get Metaphysical

• Start Topic

On 9/28/2019 at 12:11 AM, MajorNelson said:

I know in CA it's county by county as to procedures and restrictions...and LA county is harder on dui's than OC.  Overall, by CA state law, a first time offender has their license suspended for 6 months, but at double the legal limit (0.16) extra penalties apply, and I think that is statewide.

So, sorry, but you got reamed.

Nah. I could have killed someone. I was fine with punishment and grateful that that was all that happened was result of my reckless behaviour. And I no longer drink. So I think it really served me well. 

• Love 19
On 9/26/2019 at 10:17 PM, MajorNelson said:

And not just any DUI.  When she complains about perhaps losing her license for a year, that duration is because she had such a huge BAC (.20).  With a lower BAC and you might lose it for a month or a couple of months, but she showed herself as having bad judgement and being a danger.

Had nothing to do with her BAC -- one-year suspension for DUI is standard statewide in California.  It does not vary by county.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 9/28/2019 at 12:38 AM, MrsWitter said:

In my twenties, I was living abroad and managed to fall and hit my head on a glass wall at a bar. I was knocked out for a second and bleeding from the back of my head quite a bit. Luckily, I had an acquaintance who was out with us and he was an actual medical doctor. My friends dragged him over to inspect my head and he said I would be fine and followed it with, “now let’s go get you another drink!” The next day (when I was in horrible pain) he said he told me drink more because it would hurt too much if I were sober (I had only had one drink so far that night). 

So, believe it or not, I had an actual medical doctor tell me to drink after I hit my head quite hard. In truth, it was late at night in a bar in Ireland, he might have been slightly tipsy, and he admitted that he didn’t want my head injury to ruin the whole night. My friends and I still marvel over this story and retell it because we remain shocked that a doctor advised drinking after a head injury. Maybe Shannon was confusing the doctor’s advice with a producer’s advice or Tamara’s advice? Because I could see why they would be motivated to keep her drinking! 

I’m glad your injury is well behind you!

I think the key is...you said you were living “abroad”...(and years ago). Of course times have changed...and I’m not sure where in Ireland you were but more importantly when you were there...but while I’ve travelled...I’ve found it to be at times a slippery slope when trying to find an “actual medical doctor”...even when they’ve had the title...

It may have been the language barrier?...

in my observation thru years in medical field...the term “level of concussion”... I’m not familiar with this term as part of the US medical vernacular in diagnosis.

? I Could be off...I dunno..

Also a concussion is basically a collision in one’s head/brain...and could result  in hemorrhage/ bleeding. Alcohol thins the blood...which could result in a catastrophic aneurysm..death...

Regardless of when we were abroad...when we received or administered medical attention...or the current MD vernacular...(“level” of concussion is so subjective).

I highly doubt in the “here and now”...2019 Arizona US Shannon’s medical advice would been..

”its okay to have a drink (drinks until 4 am)”...for any “level” of concussion...mild to severe..

IMO..of course

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Hiyo said:

True, but Tamra had a big role in turning RHOC into what it is now. She may not have screeched as loudly as the Atlanta or NJ HWs, but she was the first one who was creating drama for the sake of drama.

Yep. Tamra came on and immediately started the divide and conquer. Ick and Jeana were shown as close on the show, and Tamrat almost immediately put a wedge between them. She bullied Gretchen, and pushed Alexis out. She started the fighting if not her first season, her next season. It all changed and started to go to shit with Tamra. Back then, Ick May have had her family van moments, but no real drama with the other HWs. I don’t mind a dust up or 3, but it’s gone too far off the cliff. 

I blame Tamra. 

• Love 12
On 9/27/2019 at 6:12 AM, Silver Bells said:

I heard the place was beautiful and calming, which women need once in awhile, but that group of harpies gave it no justice.  I couldn’t even concentrate what the place had to offer because of all the screaming and yelling. That establishment must be furious that the place was portrayed badly, as everyone was getting hurt and not appreciating anything. Then, the dummy was bringing burgers from a chain when the chef was putting out all that healthy food?  Andy should be ashamed.

These RHos wouldn’t calm down and respect the Miravol and the employees...if they were slipped Demerol in their vitamin IV treatments for gawd sakes 

Fuck em all...I say!!!

😂

Edited by Shellbell59
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/27/2019 at 8:51 AM, ErikaOnline said:

Bethenney from Real housewives of New York is very very mean. I get intimidated watching her. lol NeNe is funny at least with her comebacks lol 

With regard to your response to Atlanta starting the fighting in RHos...

you are correct..Bethenny fought/shrieks also..

.but I believe she may have had a drink of the Bravo kool-Aid as to what sells...which the thirsty Jill Zarin knew as soon as Atlanta was the highest rated...

not to mention all the media attention NJ got after the table flipping scream fest..

i cant remember when Atlanta debuted...or if NJ was before them..

but IIRC..it was it after all of that when Jill supposedly “pitched” her fight with Bethenney  to Andy?...saying it would make for “good TV”?

Regardless..they’ve all devolved to Springer...with exception to NY...but NY also took the bait to a point...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Shellbell59 said:

.but I believe she may have had a drink of the Bravo kool-Aid as to what sells...which the thirsty Jill Zarin knew as soon as Atlanta was the highest rated...

not to mention all the media attention NJ got after the table flipping scream fest..

but IIRC..it was it after all of that when Jill supposedly “pitched” her fight with Bethenney  to Andy?...saying it would make for “good TV”?

Regardless..they’ve all devolved to Springer...with exception to NY...but NY also took the bait to a point...

New York gets kind of raunchy lol and they mention drugs often lol

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Had nothing to do with her BAC -- one-year suspension for DUI is standard statewide in California.  It does not vary by county.

I have up close personal knowledge from family members, and it's not one year.  It's a 6 month minimum;  Where it gets tricky is when people say they lost if for a month (or two months) because the time spent ahead of trial as "administratively" suspended counts toward the six and they want to reduce the severity in other people's minds.  Also some people will qualify for a drive to work ability.  Finally, where counties differ is in sentencing requirements, in that, back before 2019 for example, LA required an ignition interlock and OC did not.

Not sure this is the precise part of the code, but part e lists the six month term.
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=23224.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Nah. I could have killed someone. I was fine with punishment and grateful that that was all that happened was result of my reckless behaviour. And I no longer drink. So I think it really served me well. 

Great response to the situation.  I only meant reamed in that your state was not as lenient, 

Now in some cases people are forced to attend 12 step programs too.  I want to see if Gina gets to go AA.  🙂

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I think you have the wrong person as I never responded to Atlanta as I have never watched Atlanta once.  I don’t even know one of those housewives.  I haven’t watched Jersey since the day Tre went to jail.  I do, and love N.Y. tho, and Bethenny is my favorite housewife.  So ... I don’t get this post, unless I’m losing my mind, which could be, lol.

19 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I think you have the wrong person as I never responded to Atlanta as I have never watched Atlanta once.  I don’t even know one of those housewives.  I haven’t watched Jersey since the day Tre went to jail.  I do, and love N.Y. tho, and Bethenny is my favorite housewife.  So ... I don’t get this post, unless I’m losing my mind, which could be, lol.

I don’t know as I’m losing my mind also! 🤭..and lo tech to boot!

I usually only press the  ‘ +” ‘ icon...I never figured out the rest of ‘em. Then I let the site take me there..sorry to misrepresent 

• Love 1
On 9/28/2019 at 8:43 PM, chenoa333 said:

Did these wild hyenas bring their own booze or do "wellness retreats" supply it?

Even if Miraval didn’t provide alcohol, I’m sure Bravo production would have snuck it in. Getting these women hammered is their bread and butter. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Even if Miraval didn’t provide alcohol, I’m sure Bravo production would have snuck it in. Getting these women hammered is their bread and butter. 

Pathetic that Bravo thinks they need to ply these disgusting women with alcohol to make it a show we want to watch. These women are all nasty and boring, sober or drunk.

• Love 2

Even though this episode was a total disaster, I did put 2 and 2 together and thought...hmmm over-the-top crazy Kelly, and upset hypochondriac Shannon....hmmm those Crappen boys would probably make something of and they, did.  They called the episode Epic!

They did it before a live audience which is kind of weird but it took them an hour and half to get through all the howive screeching and fighting.

https://play.acast.com/s/watchwhatcrappens/a152cfa6-cb84-44ce-8834-fd042520ffcd

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I mean they are all adults just because it’s there doesn’t mean they have to drink Or drink to excess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

Even though this episode was a total disaster, I did put 2 and 2 together and thought...hmmm over-the-top crazy Kelly, and upset hypochondriac Shannon....hmmm those Crappen boys would probably make something of and they, did.  They called the episode Epic!

They did it before a live audience which is kind of weird but it took them an hour and half to get through all the howive screeching and fighting.

https://play.acast.com/s/watchwhatcrappens/a152cfa6-cb84-44ce-8834-fd042520ffcd

I thought the episode was shit but I knew Crappens would eat it up & knock it out of the park and they did (and I LOVED it). I gave up BH halfway through the last abysmal season but always listened to the podcast. Truthfully, I watch now in anticipation of their show (or, sometimes, just watch after).

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

For the record, RHOC debuted on March 21, 2006.

RHONY debuted on March 4, 2008, and RHOA on October 7, 2008. Both of them after RHOC season 3 (the year Tamra joined), though there was some overlap between RHOA season 1 and RHOC season 4. RHONY season 1 was between seasons 3 and 4 of RHOC.

RHONJ debuted on May 12, 2009, and aired in-between seasons 4 and 5 of RHOC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

I’m glad your injury is well behind you!

I think the key is...you said you were living “abroad”...(and years ago). Of course times have changed...and I’m not sure where in Ireland you were but more importantly when you were there...but while I’ve travelled...I’ve found it to be at times a slippery slope when trying to find an “actual medical doctor”...even when they’ve had the title...

It may have been the language barrier?...

in my observation thru years in medical field...the term “level of concussion”... I’m not familiar with this term as part of the US medical vernacular in diagnosis.

? I Could be off...I dunno..

Also a concussion is basically a collision in one’s head/brain...and could result  in hemorrhage/ bleeding. Alcohol thins the blood...which could result in a catastrophic aneurysm..death...

Regardless of when we were abroad...when we received or administered medical attention...or the current MD vernacular...(“level” of concussion is so subjective).

I highly doubt in the “here and now”...2019 Arizona US Shannon’s medical advice would been..

”its okay to have a drink (drinks until 4 am)”...for any “level” of concussion...mild to severe..

IMO..of course

I completely agree. I don’t think (and I hope) that no MD would actually advise drinking after a head injury. 

My accident happened about 15 years ago (so mid-aughts). And though the guy I knew was a real doctor, it was late at night, at a bar, and he had been drinking. So, you know, not exactly a professional setting! Honestly, I think he figured we would all leave if I were in a lot of pain and me smacking my head was no reason to ruin a good night out.

I was 23/24 and even I thought the advice was probably not sound, I stayed out anyway. But now, in my late 30s, I certainly wouldn’t do the same thing so I’m not really sure why Shannon of the Hypochondria in her 50s was drinking if her head actually hurt. Which makes me wonder if some other people-like producers or Tamra- actually did encourage her to drink so it didn’t “ruin” their night!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Now in some cases people are forced to attend 12 step programs too.  I want to see if Gina gets to go AA.  🙂

I'm almost 100% certain that AA meetings are mandatory in OC, CA if you get a DUI. That law went into effect about 6 years ago. 

So we'll see if Gina lies about having to go to AA meetings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

we'll see if Gina lies about having to go to AA meetings.

Or she could just not talk about it which many in AA would prefer because of the whole anonymous part being important to the program.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Great response to the situation.  I only meant reamed in that your state was not as lenient, 

With my DUI, you had to see a counselor who specializes in dependency and addiction. You had to fill out a lengthy questionnaire and were then sentenced to one of two treatment programs. I got the shorter one. It was called Adets. We met once a week for a month, I think? Maybe 6 weeks? It was just educational - lots of videos were watched. 

I hope Gina has some similar requirement. I'm not sure I'm ready to label her an alcoholic, but I do think she's self-medicating during this hard time and could benefit from some sort of therapy. She needs to learn how to cope without hitting the bottle. 

• Love 5

I dunno - I'll take Kelly Dodd on RHOC every day all day if she'll continue to give Tamrat and Icki grief. Would I want to be her pal in real life (if she behaves IRL like she does on the show)? Mmmm, nope. But I appreciate her going after the "OG's". And she won't back down. I do think she's a nutter tho. I also don't think she hit Shannon that hard, given the footage we saw, inappropriate? Yes. Hard? Nah. Drama for drama's sake. All that said - if I had to deal with Kelly at a retreat like Mirval I'd lose my zen really friggen quick and become stabby. Lawd if she returns next season don't let her get back in the nook with Icki. I am REALLY disappointed in Shannon. I wish she'd dump Tams and Icks... Sigh. I'm losing interest in Shannon. I held in long. LOL

Lord help me Emily grew on me a bit this episode - probably because she's not up Gina's arse. And *gasp* there are moments of Shane's snarkiness that makes me laugh. Maybe he's playing for the cameras. I hope he's warmer to her off camera, and not actually a douche 24-7. RHONJ Jim Marchese is the closest house-husband I could compare Shane to - but he's still not as awful as Jim. Anywho.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/30/2019 at 9:23 AM, biakbiak said:

Or she could just not talk about it which many in AA would prefer because of the whole anonymous part being important to the program.

I always thought the anonymous part of AA was not leaving a meeting and talking to others about who was there and what story they told about their alcoholism. I didn't know it was "anonymous" as in nobody should disclose that they attend these meetings.

I apologize for not knowing that before I made my statement about Gina.

However, (just to clarify why I made that original comment) if one receives a DUI in Orange County California, it's already known to the general public, that you are going to be required to attend AA meetings. 

If Gina was smart, she could make the repercussions of a DUI her storyline and maybe make a positive difference in some people's lives. And gain some respect for herself. But Gina is an Elmer Dumbfuck so no chance of any of that happening.

She's more interested in hair extensions, sparkly eyeshadow, and telling everyone how sad her life has been. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3

Just started watching the "warm up episodes" to the new episode. So...Dance Like No One Is Watching episode. Did I really hear this correctly?: Gina's attorney for her DUI using the term "whatnot"? Something about Gina's attorney not showing up for Gina's court date and "whatnot"! 

If I hired an attorney who used the term "whatnot" I'd dump him faster than a mouldy burrito. But maybe Gina thinks "whatnot" is a legal term. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2019 at 2:10 AM, ChitChat said:

I hated the scene with Emily on the floor looking up to Shannon & Tamra practically groveling while telling them that she wants to get to know them better.  Shannon & Tamra looked like classic mean girls with the way they looked down at her.

Yes. If anything, Shannon was the worse of the two because we know Tamra is 90% vile but I seriously thought Shannon was much better than that. I´ve always been a fan of Shannon´s. At her worst she has annoyed me but then I was over it in a couple of episodes, but I don´t think I can forgive her for this. It was too mean, her face was so... arrogant and even hateful. Emily did not deserve any of it. I don´t understand how people can be so mean, I don´t think even Vicky, as horrible as she is, would have it in her to look upon someone like that. Totally unforgiving without reason.

• Love 1