Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: My Perfect World

raven
  • Start Topic

The Nakayamas have been torn apart; Chester searches for the person he believes can help, by any means necessary; an outbreak in the community forces Amy to act, though she's caught between doing what she's told and doing what's right.

Airdate 2019.09.23

• Love 1

Maybe more will be made clear in another episode, but all I'm getting is that Yuko is traveling everywhere looking for Luz, with occasional side trips within the camp.  Why most of tonight's stuff happened I have no idea.  The only interesting parts to me were the references to Tulelake Camp, an actual disciplinary camp in NE California, and the Korematsu case that came before the Supreme Court.  He argued that the detention was unconstitutional under the 5th Amendment.  Unfortunately, in 1944, the Court decided that it was constitutional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Oh, for yawn's sake. 😠 Who knew this seasons Terror was actually a failed comedy?  I'm annoyed with myself for watching this farce.   So disappointing and it only keeps getting worse with each passing episode.  😩

I totally agree. I am thinking that the Terror producers borrowed the writers from Fear The Walking Dead since their recent episodes have been awful.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, nitrofishblue said:

I totally agree. I am thinking that the Terror producers borrowed the writers from Fear The Walking Dead since their recent episodes have been awful.

Part of the reason I'm not happy with this tale of woe, is that I'm enough of a realist that I want things to be at least "kind of" believable.  

Ghosts are scary without doing much of anything, but this yurei thing, whatever it is, negates all believability (is that a word?) and therefore is laughable rather than frightening in my opinion.   

I know I'm getting old and skeptical, but if you can't make your evil spirit creepy, at least keep the historic story line mildly feasible and just a tiny bit suspenseful. 

Chester gets away from all those armed guards who are piss-poor shots evidently.  He dives into a raging rather shallow looking river, and shows up at Luz' in his daddy's car.   The daddy he no longer needs for anything mind you.  WTF

As if a Japanese man and a Mexican woman could just go gallivanting all over the country during the war with no one paying them any mind.  🙄 

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 3

Okay, so it's confusing but I'm glad to see Luz doing better and with Chester.  The opening sequence was gross. Clearly, I could never be a surgeon. And I'm sad Luz's dad died. Why did the Yurei have to kill him? And damn, the Sargent (I'm actually not sure of his rank) killing Amy's boyfriend was cold. I feel so bad for her. 

• Love 4

What the actual fuck. Last week they burned Yuko's body. Right? Right? So what in the hell was the mortician sewing up in the beginning of this episode? At first I thought it was a flashback to when her body was originally fished out of the river but then she spent the whole episode walking around with her stitched-up face. I. Don't. Get. IT.

• Love 2

So wait, shouldn't Yuko be burned to a crisp if she is still ghosting around, and not cut to pieces? Why did she kill Luz's dad, what the hell did he do? Of course, she is on a massive revenge trip, so maybe reason isnt her thing now. Why she is even still here and not back in the underworld?! But we are pretty far into the season now, I think we could get a little ghost consistency. 

So where the hell was this second son during the flashbacks to Yuko when she was alive? Is she an unreliable narrator?

Glad that Luz is doing better at least, and that Chester seems to be happier. But damn, the army guy killing Amy's boyfriend was awful! What a dick, why cant Yuko just kill him if she can kill any other random person.

A big flaw to me this season is a lack of tension. There are scenes that are creepy or gross or intense, but there isnt that creeping sense of foreboding and dread that we had last season. The stuff with the internment camp is more tense than the ghost, but without Chester there, we get too much time away from there now to really ramp up the tension.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I know I'm getting old and skeptical, but if you can't make your evil spirit creepy, at least keep the historic story line mildly feasible and just a tiny bit suspenseful. 

I found some of the most dreadful, horrifying moments this season were in this episode, and they had nothing to do with Chester and Yuko, but instead surrounded Amy, Ken, and the major. Most of what made the first season terrifying wasn't the supernatural beast, but the visible decline of the crew's physical and mental health, the cruel and claustrophobic environment, and the viciousness of their fellow man. We had a brief glimpse of what could have been a good season in this episode, with an outbreak of disease threatening the most vulnerable, the major looming and leering over Amy, the cold-blooded execution of Ken, the Supreme Court case he mentioned that we already know was lost. Being stripped of all agency and held at the mercy of virulent disease, hateful draconian rule and a pitiless, complicit society is 1000x more terrifying then dancing around an inconsistent ghoul.

• Love 6

So where the hell was this second son during the flashbacks to Yuko when she was alive? Is she an unreliable narrator?

Yes. The surprise revelation of Chester's twin brother is Soap Opera 101. What's next? Amnesia? 

• LOL 6
On 9/24/2019 at 4:42 PM, Claire Voyant said:

He dives into a raging rather shallow looking river, and shows up at Luz' in his daddy's car.   The daddy he no longer needs for anything mind you.  WTF

He also manages to break out of the handcuffs, dry off, and then get from wherever the hell they were to LA without any issue. Because I am sure people in California during WWII were cool with picking up Japanese hitchhikers in the middle of the night.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:23 PM, jewel21 said:

And I'm sad Luz's dad died. Why did the Yurei have to kill him? 

I really don't understand why she killed the dad but not the major, other than the fact that C Thomas Howell has his name in the opening credits.

On 9/26/2019 at 10:32 AM, iMonrey said:

Yes. The surprise revelation of Chester's twin brother is Soap Opera 101. What's next? Amnesia? 

I am wonder what the odds are that they explain that. I mean she seems to be able to find Chester through some connection wherever he is, so why can't she find the brother. Although being able to find Chester makes me wonder why she needed the dad's map.

Just now starting this episode and thinking what the hell.  Came here to see if anyone else is confused and bored and it looks like quite a few.  I was really interested in this season because the family of a very good friend were Japanese fruit farmers on their land very close to Mt. Hood in Oregon.  I think this maybe suppose to be the camp where they were interred.  I’ve heard that many of the Japanese lost their homes and land while interred.  My friends family had very good neighbors that watched over their land and it was ok when they were released and returned.

question:  is it worth finishing this series?

1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

question:  is it worth finishing this series?

Honestly, no. It never really took off for me. The last episode was the best by far, but it still wasn't "must see TV" for me. Unless you have a lot of time on your hands, I wouldn't recommend spending the time on it. 

• Love 1