Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E01: Nothing Left to Cling To

• Start Topic

On 9/28/2019 at 5:33 PM, iMonrey said:

o in particular, with the hard life she's led, should have been prepared for the worst.

Maybe and I think had the Jo from a few years ago met her mother her guard would have been up but I think the Jo from last season was in a good place, happy and optimistic. It doesn’t shock me that she was naive enough to think she might get a fairytale ending with her mother. Honestly I don’t think I could blame anyone for not expecting it. Being prepared is one thing but I’d say actually hearing you were a product of rape is traumatic enough that no amount of preparation can dictate how you’ll ultimately react.

• Love 4

So happy Jackson and Maggie are done. As soon as I saw Jackson was not injured, I just knew they were ending things. Maggie is always whining and blaming Jackson, and keeps jumping to conclusions in the most immature manner.

She sees Jackson with Vic, and when he tells her they are friends, she just has to say "friends with benefits," which was way off base. And as a poster mentioned earlier, it's not your business to be telling Jackson that you were Vic's fiance's doctor and he died. That's for Vic to tell him, which in this case, she already did.

Teddy needs to grow up. You have a baby, and you're raising it in a hotel room because you don't want to move into your child's father's house because he bought it to build a life with his second wife. Are you serious? A home is a home. Owen loves you, and you love him. Get over your pride and move. It's a joke that Owen had to list his house, after just a few years, just so that he could find a new house with Teddy. There's stuff we do for love, but listing your house because your love has a problem of who it was originally bought for just makes no sense.

And Catherine, what did you expect Bailey to do when your husband, Alex and Meredith admitted to being involved in insurance fraud? It was a crime that was committed.  That's her job. If it were in real life, all of them would have much worse than being fired. Richard and Alex's medical licenses would be suspended at the least. And Catherine is the one that brought about this investigation in the first place when the fraud was uncovered. If the culprit hadn't been Richard, but another doctor, would you have had a beef with Bailey firing them? You already let DeLuca be taken out of the hospital in handcuffs, and he surely would have been fired had he done it. Richard is acting like a whiny brat. According to him, Bailey is in the wrong for doing the only thing she could do in this situation when he admitted to knowing about the insurance fraud and not doing anything. And Catherine for just standing by and letting him be fired for a fireable offense.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

And Catherine, what did you expect Bailey to do when your husband, Alex and Meredith admitted to being involved in insurance fraud? It was a crime that was committed.  That's her job.

This is the same woman who covered up Jackson’s grandad being a perve by paying off his victims.* She probably expected Bailey to let it slide.

*ill admit I don’t remember that for sure but I do think she was involved in some way or another.

• Love 4
On 9/29/2019 at 12:22 AM, Pallas said:

A fantasy is all she could have. And most babies carried, borne and then surrendered by their mothers were not created by rape or incest. What Jo imagined about her mother's circumstances and motivations was the most likely scenario. What's ludicrous is that in the mid-1980's, a healthy, newborn Camilla Luddington-lookalike was not immediately adopted.

Thank you. I don't get why people think Jo should have imagined her mother was raped. Why?? Of course she thought her mother abandoned her because she couldn't take care of her. That's what anyone would think. At least in Brazil. Are you telling me mothers never abandon their babies in the U. S., unless they have been raped?

I can't imagine the trauma of finding out something like that. Let's see. You father is a rapist. You were coceived in an act of violence. Your mother was raped. And had you as a result. She is completely traumatized. Your mother can't stand looking at you. You wonder if you inherited something from your criminal father. You wonder if you deserve to be loved. You wonder if your whole existence is a huge mistake. Like I said, trauma.

But yeah, none of this was discussed in the episodes. Nada. And it will be soon forgotten.

Grey's writers forgot how to tell a good story. They have no clue.

Edited by maddie965
  • Love 3