Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E01: Nothing Left to Cling To

• Start Topic

Richards whine was violin-worthy.  Poor, entitled baby.

Koracik is better than Teddy deserves.

"My husband is working for an app. He's making house calls like it's 1965." Not a bad thing, Catherine. His ego is out of control.  Also, house calls are an effective way to cut down on medical costs by keeping people from getting so sick that they end up clogging the ERs.

The way Jackson is treating Maggie reminds me why never liked him during the April storyline.

14 hours ago, Bulldog said:

The school mom didn't need a lecture about how working women don't have time to volunteer at their child's school.  Meredith came dangerously close to mom-shaming there (something Meredith has railed against in prior episodes).  The lady might be a stay at home mom, but that does not make her less than you, Meredith.  At least she is not a convicted felon (I presume the charge was a felony) picking up trash along the roadside.  You have no right at all to look down on her Meredith.

It's like Teddy talking about maternity leave, there is lip service ("Thanks for what you do for Zola's class") while really looking down on her.  Life would be much worse without volunteers. For a while, the head of the PTA at my daughter's school was a project manager for P&G and had a PhD in Organizational Psychology. I learned more from her about how to run a meeting than any job I was in. 

Often stay at home parents are those who are willing to take a lower standard of living in exchange for spending time with their kids, something Meredith should consider. Unless Derek had no life insurance and given how much Meredith must earn, she could easily step back to spend more time with her children. Without Maggie and Amelia living in the house, those kids would be seriously lacking parental time.

If you have such a great brain, Teddy, figure out all the things that you can do to make the maternity leave better for you. And Alison.

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Lincoln and Amelia's bucket lists were revealing. His are things that are high risk or unlikely (surf a 20' wave, cure Parkinsons - but I'll give him that riding a camel in the Sahara doesn't fall under either of those categories). Amelia's were much more mundane (see a psychic, get licensed in SCUBA, and have a threesome). Her list could be done relatively quickly (the biggest time commitment is the SCUBA goal but even that doesn't take very long).

And she set about doing it, approaching DeLuca's sister for a threesome.

I thought the lists were good and reflective of who they are. Amelia spent her life afraid and dealing with the effect of her father's death on the family so her list would have been simple because she couldn't move out of the box Linc had had cancer as a child so he knew that you have to seize the day.

9 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm so confused. Can someone refresh my memory on what happened with Jackson and Maggie in last season's finale? I remember they went camping, then were stuck in a storm, then in a car in dense fog or something. That's all I remember. Now they're broken up and I don't even understand why.

I also didn't get what was going on with Jo.

Has there been precedent with Amelia being bisexual? Did I hear correctly that she said she had a "crush" on Carina? 

Maggie and Jackson had a big fight about campling and then Jackson broke up with her because she wouldn't hang on to a rope for hours with a shredded arm for him

Jo went to the hospital, and then to a month-long facility because the hospital is for acute care. In spite of that, I think she and Karev are the healthiest couple on the show.

Amelia is curious about a threesome. She may be bi-curious too but I don't remember anything of her being bisexual.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

A few thoughts (other than I AM SO GLAD GREY'S IS BACK ... I may have shed a few tears of happy) ...

I think Alex borrowed the hair from 90DF:Before's Tom.

For the first time, I am so disappointed with Richard (I totally fangirl him). I feel like Richard of Old would have embraced the opportunity to be an old school doctor again instead of feeling insulted and put upon.

Every woman on this show should be in love with Tom.

DeLuca absolutely sexied up in the off-season.

I LOVE that Vic is on the show, despite the short period of time since Ripley's death. And since S19 doesn't return until March-ish, I'm also glad there's at least a little crossover plot.  I think she and Jackson would make gorgeous babies. 

I don't want to live life without Grey's in it. There. I said it. 

• Love 4

Ok done this episode was all over

what I liked: Meredith facing some consequences, Jackson and Maggie DOA, Richard and Alex being friends 

what I disliked:  everything else and I HATE TEDDY AND OWEN 

• Love 4

Karev's facial hair while Jo was away was giving me D'Artagnan vibes (from when Justin Chambers was in The Musketeer).

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Not necessarily. I feel like it was just a way to get some more people to not love Tom. And I guess Bailey's bitter for the change of management because she feels like she's getting punished for doing the right thing. 

But he didn't take Bailey's job, he took Catherine's, which shouldn't be a shock that she wants a less pressure job now that she's fighting cancer. 

Personally though I think that the head of the group of hospitals should be someone who has business management experience, not someone who is a brilliant surgeon but not proven longterm executive vision.

35 minutes ago, dmc said:

I thought Jo was just depressed?  I am curious why she needed in patient versus out patient treatment?  Was it also the drinking?

It was a major depressive episode, bad enough and long enough that it would be better treated in-patient.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Karev's facial hair while Jo was away was giving me D'Artagnan vibes (from when Justin Chambers was in The Musketeer).

But he didn't take Bailey's job, he took Catherine's, which shouldn't be a shock that she wants a less pressure job now that she's fighting cancer. 

Personally though I think that the head of the group of hospitals should be someone who has business management experience, not someone who is a brilliant surgeon but not proven longterm executive vision.

It was a major depressive episode, bad enough and long enough that it would be better treated in-patient.

Thank you 🙂

56 minutes ago, dmc said:

I thought Jo was just depressed?  I am curious why she needed in patient versus out patient treatment?  Was it also the drinking?

No, it was just never explained. Not in the s15 finale, nor in yesterday's premiere. Who cares about the characters motivations if you can raise awareness for another important social issue. Making a statement is the only thing that counts now.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, deaja said:

And in this case, not only can she not use birth control correctly she also can't even tell that she's pregnant. Good thing Carina knew she wanted a threesome because she was pregnant. 

as if eye roll GIF

That whole thing was so dumb. I know it's the show's attempt to hammer home that Amelia! Is! Bisexual! after 4+ seasons of not saying anything about it, but all the scene really did was prove that Sister Deloser existence is purely shallow. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Now, as for this Jackson/Vic crossover couple stuff . . .

. . . Also, the scenes with her lawyer were REALLY bad. She was so overdramatic. "SHE HAS THREE KIDS. DON'T THROW HER IN JAIL!" . . .

. . . Finally, show, Bailey isn't the bad guy for firing people who were criminals or covering for a criminal. Stop that. . .

I know I was only watching with one eye and half an ear but I seriously didn't even realize that was Vic that Jackson's glommed onto. No thanks. I like her, I don't want him to drag her down.

I hate with the fire of a thousand suns the trope that people with children somehow deserve preferential treatment. Like if she was childfree the lawyer and everyone in the room would be like, "Well, that's okay, she can do some jail time then." Come on. If anything she should've thought of her children before she did the stupid shit that got her in trouble in the first place.

It really irritates me when shows demonize people for calling out the main characters for actually doing something wrong. Reminds me of Suits in the later seasons where all the characters suddenly got all self-righteous even though literally everything they were doing was either unethical at best or illegal at worst. Bailey is not wrong for forcing them to deal with the consequences of their actions.

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Richard's self-righteous anger at being fired had me rolling my eyes. You admitted you aided and abetted criminal activity (Meredith's insurance fraud) so you KNOW that you did something wrong, yet Bailey is the one who is in the wrong for not letting it slide? And Catherine is the bad guy for not overruling Bailey's decision? Come on, man.

See above.

6 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I was kind of annoyed they acted like doing house calls was so awful.

I mean, Hank Lawson had quite the successful career doing that on Royal Pains. Richard could just rebrand himself as a "concierge doctor." 😊

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, GSMHvisitor said:

No, it was just never explained. Not in the s15 finale, nor in yesterday's premiere. Who cares about the characters motivations if you can raise awareness for another important social issue. Making a statement is the only thing that counts now.

Thank you! That's how I felt-- like some kind of statement was being made about being strong by admitting she needs psychiatric treatment-- except it was sort of brushed aside and the one session/scene with Alex and the doctor? was more about her ignoring Alex and his feeling than anything she was feeling herself.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Between Teddy's baby crying and the dog barking when Richard did a house call, I was ready to turn this episode off. I don't need that kind of noise at high volume, especially when I'm trying to listen to dialogue.

Oh, I forgot about this, too. The baby crying, Teddy wailing, the dog barking -- all turned up to 11. I couldn't bear it.

• Love 4

Every time I think I've come to terms with how unprofessional these people are, this show finds new places to go. Amelia going down to Carina's office to ask her for a threesome? Not asking her out for lunch or coffee. Just sidling down to a colleagues office to ask for a three way.

And has anyone on this show gotten pregnant on purpose?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I can't believe I'm watching this again. I caught up last month, when I wasn't feeling well, and can't believe they keep trying to put drama between Alex and Jo. Just let them be married, and let them be happy, at least for a while. I hate that they felt they needed to give Jo this huge trauma, and new image of herself, after everything else that she'd dealt with - and to give Alex another "crazy woman" when I think it's understandable that she went into a deep depression after finding out about why she was born. 

I noticed the bad hair, but never think of wigs until they're pointed out here. 

I'm glad that Maggie and Jackson are over. I still don't appreciate the way the show creators ditched two of their longest-running characters, but maybe they're better off. Who knows what their characters would have endured in the past year, were they still at Seattle Grace Mercy Death. 

The last thing this show needs is another Owen baby. I had so much respect for Teddy when she told him to leave, I couldn't believe it when she showed up pregnant. I used to like her character when she taught Cristina, and when she was married to Scott Foley, but I hated that they kept poking her nose into Cristina and Owen's business, and did the same thing with Owen and Amelia. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 6

Jo went into a spiral after finding her birth mother, Michelle Forbes. I never really understood her reaction to that, aside from the fact that it shattered her childhood fantasies of being a princess changeling or something. After everything she'd been through in her life being homeless and being in an abusive relationship it seemed like an over-reaction to me. At any rate they could have fleshed this out better.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

After everything she'd been through in her life being homeless and being in an abusive relationship it seemed like an over-reaction to me.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back. She'd had a difficult time growing up, she was homeless, she was in an abusive relationship and had to change her identity and hide from him. 

Finding out that she was the result of a rape and that her mother built a new life and wanted nothing to do with her on top of all that could have pushed her over the edge..

Considering how overly emotional most of the GA characters get (in this episode alone, Richard, Bailey, Catherine and Teddy), I can understand that finding out that she was rejected by her mother would have sent Jo into a depression

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ams1001 said:

It really bugged me that Meredith seems to think the logical alternative to "charity" treatment that will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, because the kid's dad won't want to take charity from her, is to commit fraud - using her own kid's insurance, no less. (And what's she going to do if/when her own kid needs that coverage and the insurance company tells her she's reached her limit?) Is she really that stupid? Or does she just think the judge is that stupid?

What also bugged me, about that was she made her crime seem worse. The judge was just thinking she got the insurance company to pay for the surgery, and Meredith was suggesting she wanted the insurance company to keep spending money on the girl. Would it have been that hard to just say she regretted it and was sorry?

And I don't get her line about the dad not accepting charity, because what did she tell him in the first place? He knew he wasn't paying for it and took the surgery. 

5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And didn't Amelia, and the end of the season before last, get nauseous, right around baby Leo break up time and we all speculated she was pregnant?

Yes, I remember that. I thought Owen was going to be overwhelmed with babies. But that would have been too long ago to still be the same pregnancy. 

5 hours ago, nightowl said:

I think we are in for a "Whose baby is it?" storyline with Amelia.  It wasn't that long ago she was sleeping with Owen.

And seriously, what is it with these doctors and the inability to use birth control correctly? Off the top of my head the following have had surprise pregnancies:

Ellis Grey (Maggie - looking at you too, Richard)

Christina (twice? ectopic pregnancy with Burke, abortion with Owen)

Addison (pre-show with Mark)

Callie (Sophia - also Mark)

April (Harriet - with Jackson)

Teddy (Owen)

Amelia (again twice!!, first on Private Practice, now with Owen/Linc, just after last year's scare with Owen)

And let's not forget Izzie (but giving her slack for being a teenager) and Mark again (Sloane).  Also, was Tuck planned? I seem to recall Bailey not loving the timing.

Also, I think both of Meredith's pregnancies were surprises. She was married, so I guess it is different. But still.

1 hour ago, marceline said:

Every time I think I've come to terms with how unprofessional these people are, this show finds new places to go. Amelia going down to Carina's office to ask her for a threesome? Not asking her out for lunch or coffee. Just sidling down to a colleagues office to ask for a three way.

And has anyone on this show gotten pregnant on purpose?

It was pretty bold of Amelia, but Carina went around asking people to masturbate while she measured their brainwaves. So, I can see Amelia thinking it would be okay.

In terms of getting pregnant on purpose, usually the people who want to get pregnant can't make it happen. I can't remember if Grey's did that storyline though. It happened with Addison, but on Private Practice.

• Love 5

Jo going into a spiral always made total sense to me. She'd been able to tell herself that her mother couldn't care for her, that she was loved but that her mom did the best she did, etc. Finding out that instead she was a product of rape that her mother could barely stand to look at and that her mother could barely acknowledge she even existed, must have been crushing. Not to mention she was left at a fire station long before any safe haven laws were actually in place.  Jo was not safe dropped, she was abandoned.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

The place Jo went to looked like jail with the chain link fence and uniformed officer. Meredith continues to be a snot. I still miss April and wanted to tell Teddy she shouldn’t have a child if she can’t stand to be away from work for a few days.

Seriously I can't believe you would go there for help with depression.  Also why did they take her ring?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, dmc said:

Seriously I can't believe you would go there for help with depression.  Also why did they take her ring?

I googled a little (very little) and one hospital site I found prohibits "jewelry that is sharp" and another said no jewelry but wedding bands are allowed. I can see not allowing a ring with a stone on it that can be used to cause injury, but I don't see what you could do with a plain band (unless you attempted to choke on it or something...). 

What I wondered is why she was wearing things she couldn't keep in the first place. She wasn't an emergency placement and had time to pack a bag; you'd think they'd have told her what she can and can't keep there. Why would you go in wearing a belt or whatever else?

14 minutes ago, dmc said:

Not to mention the drawstrings from her hoodie. I guess it was done so she didn't have anything on her to hurt herself. But dear lord could that scene have been any more over the top? She admitted herself voluntarily and while she acknowledged having suicial thoughts, she has never actually tried it. So was that really necessary? Maybe it is common procedure for every patient who stays at a psych hospital  but then it's still OTT. And yeah I agree, that place, Jo's room especially looked nothing like a place you would go to for healing. It was ridiculous how they made everything extra dire.

47 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Jo going into a spiral always made total sense to me. She'd been able to tell herself that her mother couldn't care for her, that she was loved but that her mom did the best she did, etc. Finding out that instead she was a product of rape that her mother could barely stand to look at and that her mother could barely acknowledge she even existed, must have been crushing. Not to mention she was left at a fire station long before any safe haven laws were actually in place.  Jo was not safe dropped, she was abandoned.

It's not the spiral itself I can't understand. It's the fact that she thought in-patient treatment was what she thought she needed as opposed to regular therapy. At the end of last season she just went there without any explanation whatsoever. It's such lazy writing IMO. It's like they jumped to a conclusion without giving us any real insight into the characters thoughts and feelings.

I used to like Jo so much, but the superficial way her stories are told has soured me a bit on the character. And there's just never a clear characterization with her. She doesn't even feel like the same person she was back in s9 & 10. And that's too bad, because that was when I liked her best.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Honestly, I feel confident that the baby is Link's. I think that the show wants their Towen endgame, Owen's already reached his goal of getting a child (and a surprise one!) and the last time Amelia slept with Owen was many months ago, even before they broke up. 

I honestly think it's safe to say that we won't get another Baby Daddy Owen storyline for a third season in a row. 

Yeah, I think it's about how Amelia was trying to keep a slower pace in her new relationship with Link, as opposed to jumping straight into serious-mode with Owen, but the pregnancy pretty much puts a kink in that plan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, GSMHvisitor said:

Maybe it is common procedure for every patient who stays at a psych hospital  but then it's still OTT.

Yes, this is standard for a lot of programs. Not everyone is there for the same reason so taking away items like that are for Jo’s safety as well as everyone else there. Even if she’s never had a suicide attempt, there are other patients there who have which is why they have facility wide standards about what can be brought in and what is not allowed. If they let her bring in certain items, other patients could borrow/steal them and use them to harm themselves. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, GSMHvisitor said:

Not to mention the drawstrings from her hoodie. I guess it was done so she didn't have anything on her to hurt herself. But dear lord could that scene have been any more over the top? She admitted herself voluntarily and while she acknowledged having suicial thoughts, she has never actually tried it. So was that really necessary? Maybe it is common procedure for every patient who stays at a psych hospital  but then it's still OTT. And yeah I agree, that place, Jo's room especially looked nothing like a place you would go to for healing. It was ridiculous how they made everything extra dire.

It's not the spiral itself I can't understand. It's the fact that she thought in-patient treatment was what she thought she needed as opposed to regular therapy. At the end of last season she just went there without any explanation whatsoever. It's such lazy writing IMO. It's like they jumped to a conclusion without giving us any real insight into the characters thoughts and feelings.

I used to like Jo so much, but the superficial way her stories are told has soured me a bit on the character. And there's just never a clear characterization with her. She doesn't even feel like the same person she was back in s9 & 10. And that's too bad, because that was when I liked her best.

Also she could have just left her ring with Alex 

There is quite a bit of theft in hospitals so taking Jo's engagement ring makes sense.

1 hour ago, GSMHvisitor said:

Jo stayed in bed for weeks unable to get up and do anything or talk to anyone. When she finally did pull herself up enough to go to work, she was so drunk that she was a danger to the patients.

She was having trouble taking care of herself or function in her life. I can understand why her psychiatrist would want her to be in an in-patient facility rather than risk her being unable to travel back and forth or not come to session because she didn't want to get out of bed that day.

• Love 8

It was the straw that broke the camel's back. She'd had a difficult time growing up, she was homeless, she was in an abusive relationship and had to change her identity and hide from him. 

Finding out that she was the result of a rape and that her mother built a new life and wanted nothing to do with her on top of all that could have pushed her over the edge..

Yeah I get that but I never felt like the show was addressing the issue. We had endless scenes of Jo laying around the apartment and drinking or being passed out, and being uncommunicative. Now we're finally to the point where she's in therapy and we don't hear a peep about her mother. Just her feelings and how it affects Alex.

If you were adopted or otherwise given up at birth, and you go searching for your birth mother, at some point you have to consider the possibility you were the product of rape or incest. There's really no way someone would never have thought of that. It's why a lot of adopted people do not go searching, because they are afraid of what they are going to find out.

Jo in particular, with the hard life she's led, should have been prepared for the worst. I found it unrealistic she had some fantasy about her birth mother. In the scenes where they met at the diner, it was becoming obvious what the birth mother was circling around and Jo just didn't GET IT until it was spelled out for her. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Yes, this is standard for a lot of programs. Not everyone is there for the same reason so taking away items like that are for Jo’s safety as well as everyone else there. Even if she’s never had a suicide attempt, there are other patients there who have which is why they have facility wide standards about what can be brought in and what is not allowed. If they let her bring in certain items, other patients could borrow/steal them and use them to harm themselves. 

Yeah, from what happened with a friend who was in one for a week, they take away your phone as well and don't let you access it until you leave. I think with that it's partly that they just want you to focus on your care, but also I imagine the fear that someone could call or send a text that upsets them. And she was suicidal but hadn't made an attempt either--she was handcuffed and taken by police because they thought she was a danger to herself. It could be with Jo, they told her at the first hospital where she was that either she had to take herself to an inpatient facility, or they would forcibly commit her.

And I do understand how she could have reacted that way to meeting and talking to her mom. Even leaving aside what her mom said about being unable to look at her, I would think just learning you were the product of a rape would be traumatic in itself. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Jo in particular, with the hard life she's led, should have been prepared for the worst. I found it unrealistic she had some fantasy about her birth mother.

Maybe Jo saw the movie Annie too many times as a kid. That's my same problem with Jo's breakdown, that she was so blindsided by her origin -- I just don't buy that being a product of rape never once crossed her mind.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, MarylandGirl said:

Yeah, from what happened with a friend who was in one for a week, they take away your phone as well and don't let you access it until you leave. I think with that it's partly that they just want you to focus on your care, but also I imagine the fear that someone could call or send a text that upsets them. And she was suicidal but hadn't made an attempt either--she was handcuffed and taken by police because they thought she was a danger to herself. It could be with Jo, they told her at the first hospital where she was that either she had to take herself to an inpatient facility, or they would forcibly commit her.

And I do understand how she could have reacted that way to meeting and talking to her mom. Even leaving aside what her mom said about being unable to look at her, I would think just learning you were the product of a rape would be traumatic in itself. 

I was in a similar situation. I don't really want to talk that much about it, but I wasn't handcuffed, I was taken in an ambulance, to the ER, where I was under observation and had blood taken. They let me go to the bathroom by myself, after the first time, but someone was still outside. Then I was transferred with another ambulance, to a place where they would determine if I could go home, or if they would admit me to their own in-patient facility, right there (around 1am, they were waiting for a bed). Lucky for me, I'd calmed down, and was talkative - I was let go, but I spent the night there, slept a few hours, and then had to talk to two different people, answer a lot of questions. My clothes were taken from me at the hospital - and my phone. They even took my hair bands that I have on my wrist, to put my hair back. I asked what I was supposed to do with those, and the nurse chuckled with me, and said she didn't know, but that it was hospital policy. The next morning, at the second place, they gave me fresh clothes that my dad had brought for me, and I was allowed to talk to him through a window. We had to be buzzed in and out, and the one bathroom in the front, had a lock on the outside, so they had access at all times. They were lovely, but I was so glad to get out of there. 

Edited by Anela
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

What also bugged me, about that was she made her crime seem worse. The judge was just thinking she got the insurance company to pay for the surgery, and Meredith was suggesting she wanted the insurance company to keep spending money on the girl. Would it have been that hard to just say she regretted it and was sorry?

And I don't get her line about the dad not accepting charity, because what did she tell him in the first place? He knew he wasn't paying for it and took the surgery. 

Then when it was found out and the reason why it wasn't done "Pro bono" is all of a sudden, St. Catherine, who always did it was all: "well it's too expensive and we can't do it." Never have her go: "Well, thanks to the word coming out about my former father in law and the sush money, it hurt are billions of dollars." Well, Catherine, don't still go walk around like you have money to spend like water and then all of a sudden get into: "Well, cancer surgery like this is expensive." That's a damn drop in the bucket for you and then how she said that Richard embarrassed her? How? When? Acts like it was national news. Maggie did more embarrassing with her slip on Richard and Elis affair than anything he has done recently. The story just reaks of bad writing and they wanted a reason to have everything end in a cliffhanger and then didn't go: "You know, this is pretty stupid even for us." 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I googled a little (very little) and one hospital site I found prohibits "jewelry that is sharp" and another said no jewelry but wedding bands are allowed. I can see not allowing a ring with a stone on it that can be used to cause injury, but I don't see what you could do with a plain band (unless you attempted to choke on it or something...). 

What I wondered is why she was wearing things she couldn't keep in the first place. She wasn't an emergency placement and had time to pack a bag; you'd think they'd have told her what she can and can't keep there. Why would you go in wearing a belt or whatever else?

The hospital where I am employed has an in-patient psychiatric unit. Anything of value, ie. her wedding rings, is not allowed. It can be stolen by another patient or even a staff member. 

Also, Jo went straight to the unit from her visit to the hospital in civilian clothing in the season finale. 

• Love 2
On 9/27/2019 at 2:00 PM, jschoolgirl said:
On 9/27/2019 at 10:34 AM, Gloriosa said:

All good points above, but the real tragedy/star of this episode is Alex's hair.  Was that a wig?

I'd say Jackson's.

I noticed that too.  Great growth!   Whatever he's using, he should sell it.   They probably could have fooled me with Alex's until that scene where he proposed.  That hair was soooo dark, and thick.

• LOL 3

Maggie: how long have you and new girl been happening. I treated her husband. He died of some heart condition.

Shut up Maggie. Why are you sharing private medical information about her dead fiance to your ex-boyfriend?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Karen885 said:

Maggie: how long have you and new girl been happening. I treated her husband. He died of some heart condition.

Shut up Maggie. Why are you sharing private medical information about her dead fiance to your ex-boyfriend?

HIPAA only matters when it's convenient.

• Love 5

I thought it was pretty good. I liked it more than quite a few episodes last year so there's that. I'm an Alex and Jolex fan so I was happy to have scenes with them. I've learned to expect nothing in regards for screen time with them so when it happens its a nice surprise.

Glad Maggie & Jackson are done.

Looking forward to Richard & Alex working together for awhile. I'm sure Grey Sloan will buy the other hospital & it will be short lived but something different & a change of scenery could be nice.

I was glad to at least have a mention of Meredith's license being reviewed. This would be her second time committing fraud but I can't remember if Derek took the whole fall for her. Probably wouldn't matter anyway. I fully expect her to save a busload of orphans by performing surgery with her feet on the side of the road so that she can be hailed & exonerated.

Again we have a woman who apparently struggles with the concept of birth control. I'm not entirely convinced that Ameila is pregnant. There was no test to confirm unless I missed it. I think Linc's cancer was prepuberty so probably not an issue, but was there anything mentioned in regards to his ability to have children after cancer treatments? The only thing I can remember is that he was really young.

Teddy/Owen. Owen talking about milking a woman. The writers must truly want people to hate him. I'm guessing the baby will end up with Meredith's children in the black hole & trotted out for the baby to be sick or Teddy to be freaking out about being a mother. Yawn to both, been there done that.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I found it unrealistic she had some fantasy about her birthmother. 

A fantasy is all she could have. And most babies carried, borne and then surrendered by their mothers were not created by rape or incest. What Jo imagined about her mother's circumstances and motivations was the most likely scenario. What's ludicrous is that in the mid-1980's, a healthy, newborn Camilla Luddington-lookalike was not immediately adopted.

• Love 9

You know what would be really good? If the show got even worse. No, seriously, let it become the intentional OTT parody of medical soaps it so desperately wants to be, but won't let it happen because it still takes itself way too seriously. It could work, honestly. It would need better acting, though, instead of phoning it in like the vast majority of the cast is doing at this point. And as pointed out, several of the male actors REALLY need better haircuts. It's important! 

We should add Kim Raver to the long list of terrible criers on the show. I really liked her character and it's horrible how they've completely ruined her, but this is GA and it happens to everyone. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Joana said:

We should add Kim Raver to the long list of terrible criers on the show. I really liked her character and it's horrible how they've completely ruined her, but this is GA and it happens to everyone. 

I was thinking the same--her crying was so fake! I was never a huge fan of hers, and now she's even worse. And she's hurting Koracik!

• Love 5
On 9/27/2019 at 11:49 AM, TVForever said:

But they are not siblings. They are adults whose parents got married. And as much as I liked Jackson and Maggie together, I'm glad that there is finally a resolution to their rollercoaster ride of a relationship.

Finally.. I feel like the wave of ppl who jumped onto the "sibling" thing were just ppl ( possibly)  japril folks who didn't want Maggie ruining an already dead relationship... Now I've always said the two of them together would have an extra layer because their bio-parents are married,  but not because of any "sibling" stuff... As for the relationship itself I feel like TPTB caved to the seemingly overwhelming dissaproval Of Jaggie... I felt they had solid chemistry and could've built something... But the show gives him a semi religious/ nature man awakening... Makes Maggie intransigent on doing anything out of her comfort zone.. And well we saw how it played out... I'm biased as the multiracial male child of two professional well to do folks who was raised almost exclusively by a strong light skinned black woman... Jackson has been my avatar on the show...that said I still say the breakup is 65 Maggie and 35 his fault... He was pushy about his new found loves and tone deaf when she said no thanks... I didn't take that as not  explicitly liking her and more of I want you to share my excitement about this ( admittedly)  boring nature stuff... But I totally agree that she didn't respect him... And looked at him sometimes as a rich boy playing around... So yeah of this is where they are taking to characters... Its good to be ended... But I don't want a mean Maggie and Jackson... So I hope they don't have them at odds too long

• Love 3
On 9/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, statsgirl said:

Considering how overly emotional most of the GA characters get (in this episode alone, Richard, Bailey, Catherine and Teddy), I can understand that finding out that she was rejected by her mother would have sent Jo into a depression

The show never made me care about Jo. She's just a wet noodle to me.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, taanja said:

The show never made me care about Jo. She's just a wet noodle to me.

You are not alone... She's just meh and has been from day one... Plus she nearly killed a guy and he was the one who lost his job.. Then there was that low-key racial nonsense with Stephanie.. She was the new intern I liked the least.. And now they're all gone and she's still around.. Bleh

• Love 8

I generally like Jackson, but what is it with all of his relationships ending in bitterness and resentment? I think Stephanie's the only ex he didn't look like he wanted to spit on and that's probably just because that breakup was 100% his fault. Makes me relieved that they never coupled him up with Meredith or Cristina which I used to totally be all for way back in the day.

Random as they are, I actually like Meredith and DeLuca together.

We're not getting another Jo/Alex wedding ceremony, are we?

And last but not least -- STFU, Richard. You too Catherine.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, dmeets said:

I generally like Jackson, but what is it with all of his relationships ending in bitterness and resentment? I think Stephanie's the only ex he didn't look like he wanted to spit on and that's probably just because that breakup was 100% his fault. Makes me relieved that they never coupled him up with Meredith or Cristina which I used to totally be all for way back in the day.

Random as they are, I actually like Meredith and DeLuca together.

We're not getting another Jo/Alex wedding ceremony, are we?

My stance on Jackson has already been stated upthread... But I didn't see the Japril ending being that bad.. Considering all that happened between them... Ur totally right about Stephanie.. That was all him... In a vacuum Ida liked him and Meredith.. But I always wanted him and Lexi.. But big bro mark swooped in and that was that....I do like Meredith and Jackson as friends who really get each other.. And maybe if he hadn't already attempted half her family tree... Agree on deluca and Meredith... But I also liked him with Maggie... He even made me kinda care about Jo... So I guess I'm just a deluca fan 

59 minutes ago, dmeets said:

I really don't understand what they are trying to do with Catherine. She's held up as a strong, smart woman on the show when most of the time she comes off as just awful.

Yelling at Richard for being an app was bad enough (hey, it's an honest job using his skills). But her reaction to  hearing that he was working at the other hospital should have been "That's great. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you're going to turn things around"  Instead, she's yelling at him.

I get that she's angry at him for supporting Meredith's stupidity. But what does she expect of him now? To sit around watching soap operas and eating bonbons?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8