Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Just now, Cruisegirl said:

This should be an interesting season with two legacies who have ties to K & J 

We all know which one will get more of K&J's attention, regardless of how talented and poised the other one is.

• Love 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, loveaux said:

my pinky toe is a better example of excellence and perfection. it's still here after being banged on the corner of walls for 20 years. 🙄

my poor pinky toes commiserate! They've attempted to move walls, furniture and anything else within their reach.

You would think I would learn to wear shoes more often around the house.

Edited by LynneH
  • LOL 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Tootie said:

And makeup artists!

33 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Thanks, @Squeek.

Sure hope they get better cameo portraits this year.  Please use a different photographer.

It's been several years since I liked the cameos they did.  There's a few who always look good but I think they're outnumbered by the ones that are just terrible.

Edit:  That TCC rookie pic will not get out of my post LOL

tcc.jpg

Edited by Squeek
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

Formal dance training is a barrier most POC trying to make it in the professional world face, which is one reason we don’t see many WOC on DCC. 

Formal dancing training? It's hard to deny the Cowboys middling white dancers --

past: Loni Lindsay, Jordan Chanley, Abigail Klein, Brelan, Morgan ... I could go on and on.

current: Christina, Brennan.

There aren't many WOC on DCC because a diverse cheerleading squad doesn't fit their marketing needs. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

Erica's lawsuit - bitter ex-employee

Milan was another bitter former DCC

No more DMDs - that's what they get for being too sexy

Daphne just over did her diet

All the other random NFL cheerleading suits 

All liars just trying to ruin TPTB jobs!

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, KatieC said:
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

She looks heavier to me but it could be the costume. Did not care for her dancing in the clip that was posted. The rest of it may have been fabulous but not that part. 

Huh?  Charlotte looks heavier? Costume? Dancing?  

IMG_2480.jpg

Edited by Squeek
7 minutes ago, bombast said:

Formal dancing training? It's hard to deny the Cowboys middling white dancers --

past: Loni Lindsay, Jordan Chanley, Abigail Klein, Brelan, Morgan ... I could go on and on.

There aren't many WOC on DCC because a diverse cheerleading squad doesn't fit their marketing needs. 

Right! And this isn't a professional ballet company anyway. This is basically power, pom dancing. Hell, ABT, which is a top professional ballet company where all of the dancers have to have years and years of extremely expensive, elite training has more woc than the DCCs, and the ballet world is notorious for a lack of diversity in the female ranks.  As @loveaux stated, there's no reason for the DCCs not to have diversity. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Huh?  Charlotte looks heavier? Costume? Dancing?  

IMG_2480.jpg

Hahaha I either commented on the wrong post or clicked the wrong link. The one I meant to be commenting on was Hannah’s solo. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, loveaux said:

is it weird that i'm hoping raven puts on a brave face and comes back to try out next year? i understand how embarrassing it is to have been so late that she missed her meeting

It was beyond her control.  Nothing to be embarrassed about.  She probably showed them on Saturday what they were missing:)

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Hahaha I either commented on the wrong post or clicked the wrong link. The one I meant to be commenting on was Hannah’s solo. 

LOL K, I wasn't losing my mind, was starting to wonder!  :)  Happens to us all.

4 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

orry...this is embarrassing...who's the 2nd legacy? I'm lost...🤔

@DCCFanInKy
Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU)
 Her mother Shannon cheered with Kelli and Tina.

Edited by Squeek
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, SingleMom9 said:

Is Gina also right out of high school?  There are high school cheer photos on her insta from just last year.

Yes. She graduated last month.

2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Sorry...this is embarrassing...who's the 2nd legacy? I'm lost...🤔

Madeline Salter

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

what is Bridgets IG handle? Trying to find the vid of her solo, thought she might’ve posted it, but can’t find her in my search 

She  took her IG offline.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

what is Bridgets IG handle? Trying to find the vid of her solo, thought she might’ve posted it, but can’t find her in my search 

Her insta disappeared a few weeks ago. I saw one of the other girls tag a bunch of the other girls and “insta-less Bridget” in the comments. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Squeek said:

LOL K, I wasn't losing my mind, was starting to wonder!  :)  Happens to us all.

@DCCFanInKy
Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU)
 Her mother Shannon cheered with Kelli and Tina.

I wonder if she's going to get the same treatment Dayton did regarding legacy status and if all future legacies will as well or if it was because Shelly works for the DCC and Tina is Kelli's best friend that makes the difference.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Sadly, two legacies means that Kelli can give the other one the "legacy doesn't mean you're automatically on this team, so stop acting like you'll make it" lecture, and then cut them, while ignoring the other favored legacy.    

I agree VK looks like she crash dieted, and I hope she's not setting herself up for yo-yo gains and losses,  and hurting herself.   

• Love 7
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Based on what we were able to see on SM, Madeline Malloy's solo costume was my favorite.  I absolutely love that color & the top was beautiful.  Although Gina had almost the same color and a very pretty costume of her own, I preferred the simplicity of Madeline's.

What solo costume was your fav?

Madeline Malloy, Alexis, Lexie, Hannah and Molly. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Amy Reese was cut in season 5 but it wasn't shown. Kaitlin Legrande in season 6.

I had to look up Kaitlin Legrande as I knew the name but couldn't picture her face.  I saw her mugshot from 2016...YIKES!!!

Long time lurker, first time poster....thank you all for pouring the piping hot tea to sip on 🍵

Mark me down for being most excited to see how many tablecloth/60s upholstery dresses KF will wear during TC...talk about HD-friendly...😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

About Gabby... I loved her from last season and am sickened that she was cut. I realize that she has been on "weight warning," but so have a hundred other girls and they were not cut before training camp. In the words of Kitty Carter, doesn't she deserve the respect of time to get her weight in check?

Gabby is absolutely stunning, her dance ability is stronger than many others on the team, and she is a Latina (God forbid we consider representation of a significantly large population that comprises Dallas Cowboys fans). If TPTB are going to cut one returning candidate - and ONLY one returning candidate - then there must be a darn good reason. So, unless they prove to me that Gabby is eating small children with her breakfast cereal, then I'm in protest mode from now on.

I'm really upset about Gabby being cut also. I feel so bad for her. I hope there is a good reason for her cut.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

Has anyone seen my girl Jalyn’s solo? I saw zero pics/vids of her outside of group shots. 

Didn't they post solos all day last year on the DCC twitter?  I can't find anything new.  I would have liked to have seen Jalyn's as well.

• Love 3

there is no real reason for DCC to not be a diverse squad; they're in DFW, one of the most populous places in the US. there are plenty of dancers who have come through and been DCC's who were middle class or weren't relying on mommy and daddy's money, so you can't say that that's the reason why there aren't a lot of WOC auditoning, making it to TC, and ultimately the team. there needs to be some searching within the organization as to WHY. there are plenty of WOC showing up to auditions, but not being chosen to move to semis, finals, TC, and the team. 

i'm over the diversity debate because there is no way around it -- there's something going on within the DCC organization as to why only 3 black women, 1 south asian woman, and 1 latina made it to TC, knowing that all of them possibly won't even make the team. that's up to KJC to figure out what is up with the talent pool, how they can better recruit, and get more women onto the squad who aren't blonde, brunette, blue eyed, white women.

my old dance studio was the same way. you know how they fixed the problem? they started reaching out to different communities. it started as a predominantly black and other POC dance studio, but eventually, began to mix and mingle and now is pretty diverse whenever i go back to say hello.

there is no reason for the poor diversity on the team, and KJC should be ashamed of the fact that it is one of the least diverse teams in the NFL. you're 'America's Sweethearts' right? then fucking act like it.

Doesn’t get better than this

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bombast said:

DFW has a huge AA and Latino population. We are one of the most diverse cities in America. There IS a market for COC (cheerleaders of color). Cowboys fans want to see COC dancing on the team bc they are beautiful and they represent US. 

I don’t think K&J have intentional or conscious bias. And I am definitely not saying all of the white girls are great technical dancers bc they aren’t. 🤣 What I am saying is that K&J cut girls based on pointed feet and turnout all the time. If you don’t have years of dance training in which you developed the very tiny muscles that allow you make those very tiny corrections, that increases the chance that you will be cut or not chosen for TC. And having that training... is very much correlated with race at this time in this country, largely bc it requires money and a parent who can spend most nights at a dance studio with their kid. So there is an intersection here between race, socioeconomics, and the dance industry that creates barriers for WOC. That’s all. Of course most fans really cannot tell the difference between a trained and an untrained dancer, but it’s not the fans who pick the team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

This should be an interesting season with two legacies who have ties to K & J 

There were 2 legacies with ties to K and J last year and we all know how that turned out - a firm reminder that her Momma was not the reason she would be making the team. The rest, my friends, is history. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

DFW has a huge AA and Latino population. We are one of the most diverse cities in America. There IS a market for COC (cheerleaders of color). Cowboys fans want to see COC dancing on the team bc they are beautiful and they represent US. 

I don’t think K&J have intentional or conscious bias. And I am definitely not saying all of the white girls are great technical dancers bc they aren’t. 🤣 What I am saying is that K&J cut girls based on pointed feet and turnout all the time. If you don’t have years of dance training in which you developed the very tiny muscles that allow you make those very tiny corrections, that increases the chance that you will be cut or not chosen for TC. And having that training... is very much correlated with race at this time in this country, largely bc it requires money and a parent who can spend most nights at a dance studio with their kid. So there is an intersection here between race, socioeconomics, and the dance industry that creates barriers for WOC. That’s all. Of course most fans really cannot tell the difference between a trained and an untrained dancer, but it’s not the fans who pick the team.

You've interpreted my post to such an extent that I don't risk replying.

• Love 2

there is no real reason for DCC to not be a diverse squad; they're in DFW, one of the most populous places in the US. there are plenty of dancers who have come through and been DCC's who were middle class or weren't relying on mommy and daddy's money, so you can't say that that's the reason why there aren't a lot of WOC auditoning, making it to TC, and ultimately the team. there needs to be some searching within the organization as to WHY. there are plenty of WOC showing up to auditions, but not being chosen to move to semis, finals, TC, and the team. 

i'm over the diversity debate because there is no way around it -- there's something going on within the DCC organization as to why only 3 black women, 1 south asian woman, and 1 latina made it to TC, knowing that all of them possibly won't even make the team. that's up to KJC to figure out what is up with the talent pool, how they can better recruit, and get more women onto the squad who aren't blonde, brunette, blue eyed, white women.

my old dance studio was the same way. you know how they fixed the problem? they started reaching out to different communities. it started as a predominantly black and other POC dance studio, but eventually, began to mix and mingle and now is pretty diverse whenever i go back to say hello.

there is no reason for the poor diversity on the team, and KJC should be ashamed of the fact that it is one of the least diverse teams in the NFL. you're 'America's Sweethearts' right? then fucking act like it.

YES. KJC need to make a conscious, intentional effort to make a more diverse squad. They need to expand their definition of beauty and of what makes a good dancer. 

BTW, if y’all want to see a 🔥🔥🔥 diverse squad that absolutely slays, check out the Brooklynettes. The DCC could definitely learn a thing or two from them. 

• Love 9

Couple of comments: Who was the girl that a poster said had a “troubled interview “?

As far as lateness goes, the field I am in has a policy of 1 minute late three times is reason for termination. Yes we have very professional people who are always early but a number of low level staff who have not had instilled the value of time. I’ve even had people say you don’t call in to say you will be late, you only call in if you decide not to show up at all!

1 minute ago, loveanddcc said:

YES. KJC need to make a conscious, intentional effort to make a more diverse squad. They need to expand their definition of beauty and of what makes a good dancer. 

BTW, if y’all want to see a 🔥🔥🔥 diverse squad that absolutely slays, check out the Brooklynettes. The DCC could definitely learn a thing or two from them. 

YESSSSSSS this is one of my fav NBA squads! i can never pinpoint one of my favorite routines from them because most of them i absolutely LOVE.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Couple of comments: Who was the girl that a poster said had a “troubled interview “?

That was a quote off the FB group referring to Gabby.  

Just now, Roo22 said:

Not that this matters at all, just an observation. But Rachel W's costume for finals is the same one she wore in the Miss America pageant.

image.png.bcd493603b3fdba8e2d6caa5628ec253.png

it was ugly then and it was ugly yesterday 

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, loveaux said:

YESSSSSSS this is one of my fav NBA squads! i can never pinpoint one of my favorite routines from them because most of them i absolutely LOVE.

SERIOUSLY THEY ARE SO GOOD 😍 I spent like ten mins deciding between this dance and apeshit lol 

• Love 3

From the 2010 Census, demographics of Dallas/Ft. Worth: 50.2% White, 27.5% Latino, 15.4% African-American, 5.9% Asian... Of course, many candidates come from outside Dallas/Ft. Worth, but as stated above by other posters, there is NO EXCUSE for the lack of diversity in DCC. In particular, for the young girls in DFW who attend cheer camps and other DCC events, wouldn't it be nice if they could see more faces that look like them?

Stop fixating on the legacies. Start focusing on building a team that represents the future. Rant over.

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

Not that this matters at all, just an observation. But Rachel W's costume for finals is the same one she wore in the Miss America pageant.

image.png.bcd493603b3fdba8e2d6caa5628ec253.png

I believe it was the same dance and if not, at least the same song she used. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, hereforthedrama said:

I believe it was the same dance and if not, at least the same song she used. 

Megan C and Melissa W used the same routines and costumes from dance competitions for their solos.  I would say that as long as no one in the room has seen you do it before - you're safe:)

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, loveaux said:

Personally, when I was a little girl, I looked up to the squads from about 2005 and forward. I would pull my mom out of her bed so we could watch videos or watch MTT because I was hellbent as a little one that I wanted to be a DCC one day. obviously, things have changed and that's no longer something that I wanted to do, but back then, seeing Black women who looked like me was everything. Literally everything. Seeing Monica Cravinas, Sasha Agent, Jackie Bob, Shenythia Frazier, the GOAT Nicole Hamilton, Deryn Derbigny, and so on, made me think 'I can really do this, they really look like me'.

It's annoying and disappointing to see that teams that were full of so much diversity, so many different skin tones, so many different women who didn't all look like carbon copies of each other are basically non existent now. Now the focus seems to be on Victoria and them trying to find another Abigail Klein.

Word.

• Love 6