Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Squeek said:

So in recent years it seems we've lost a vet during training camp, last year Tara, previous years Hannah, Chelsey, I'm too tired to think who else.  With 18 rookies coming in, if they don't cut any vets 50% of the rookies will get cut.  

Who would make your 2019 team? 

Rookies: (depending on their firecracker power)

1. Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers)
  2. Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD) 
  3. Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (Trinity HS/Pagents)
  4. Kat Puryear @katpurr (Charlotte Hornets)
  5. Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska)
  6. Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
  7. Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU)
  8. Shaina Grace @shainagrace (LSU Goldgengirl)
  9. Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl)
  10. Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
  11. Bret McCall Lindley @bret_mccall (49ers)

Vets to be cut:

1. Brennan Cook @brennanashley / 2nd year
  2. Daphne Janes @daph7 / 2nd year

Vet I'm on the fence about:

1. Hannah Anderson @hannah_anderson95 / 2nd year
1 hour ago, Roo22 said:

image.png.d47f553d47eced1aa305d8e00544f3b8.png

Here are all the rookie candidates. Credit to Squeek for compiling most of this information. I just added pics.

I want all the vets to stay. Of the rookies I would pick Shaina, Taylor, Julia, Ashley, Amanda, Lily, Lisa , Kat, and Madeline

1 hour ago, Roo22 said:

image.png.d47f553d47eced1aa305d8e00544f3b8.png

Here are all the rookie candidates. Credit to Squeek for compiling most of this information. I just added pics.

Based on these pics alone, I would go for:

1) Alexandria

2) Gina Marie

3) Shaina Grace

4) Amanda

5) Lily

6) Kat (definitely change her hair back to this at makeovers)

7) Chandi

8 Kristin

9) Meredith

Taylor, Ashley, and Lisa would be 10-12 and could move up with a different set of pics.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

Edit: That being said, VK still should’ve been cut and blacklisted for lying. Any other candidate would’ve been cut and told not to come back.

You aren't allowed to be late.  You aren't allowed to have attitude.  But if you lie, don't do what you are asked and disrespect someone, then "Victoria!  Welcome to training camp!!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I think showing a range of body types is what they need to do. Jinelle is naturally thinner. She still had curves though. She ain't no Daphne.But she also ate super clean which surely sets a good example too? People that look like her exist too so there should be a representation of all body types. They just need some more Amy Ts and Rachel As 

I would agree with that. I’ll just say that she is just way too thin for my taste. Especially when you see all the girls in person. They’re all even tinier than they look on tv.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Laurawithcats said:

Hi. Not a new person I joined a couple of yrs ago. Commented a lot back then but haven't these last few yrs. All of you were saying everything I felt and feel today. Came back for a couple of reasons. One, bc I've read TPTB do read this site and they need to know they lost a fan. I was done last year, watching the VK show and Kitty. I admit, until last year, I loved Kitty. She seemed to really care about the team but watching her fawn over VK was eye opening. And when she complained about vet's but VK just needed more time? In the past, if it were anyone else, Kitty would have said, "cut her, be done with it." Not Victoria though and that tells me everything I need to know about who Kitty really is. What pissed me off with V tho was her disrespect towards Jinelle. Jinelle, who ate clean and healthy all her adult life, even in a foreign country full of fast food restaurants and yummy, fattening snacks. That can't have been easy but she made eating healthy a priority. I'd have killed for help from her and Victoria had to be reminded to apologize for being a spoiled brat and lying? Anyone else, Kelli would have high kicked to the door. I'm sick of it. I always thought there has to be some favoritism but never this extreme, hypocritical and obvious. It's insulting to those of us who have watched the show since it first aired. I can't imagine what V is going to do if she did cause such toxicity last year. When she makes the team she is going to be spending A LOT of time with these women, her teammates. Who's going to want to hang around her? Many of these women form lifelong friendships. And ftr, I too wish Victoria had taken another year, gone to college, lived. But Tina wasn't having it. Her daughter is going to be a DCC! 

That being said, Victoria has lost weight. I can see it. I hope for her sake she did it in a healthy way. I don't see how tho, she going to keep it off. But, Kelli will make an exception for her. 

This show has really gone downhill. There used to be a realness to it. I felt for the women trying out, routed for them. Now it's the same regurgitation year after year. And it's so commercialized (looking at you, Charlotte) it's really annoying. Plus ads every 10 minutes..

I do hope Ashley Hancock makes it. She'd bring a glamour to the team that's been sorely lacking. And Meredith and Kat, the same. 

I'm not going to be watching the show this year. I will come here to get updates and news. I'm ditching cable and I'm not paying for the episodes. If it were 4 or 5 years ago, I would but based on the last 2 years, no. 

Thanks for all the updates. ❤ I love them! My guilty pleasure. I'm going to go beg Big Sky Girl for a pm as well. 😂

My feelings exactly.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I think showing a range of body types is what they need to do. Jinelle is naturally thinner. She still had curves though. She ain't no Daphne.But she also ate super clean which surely sets a good example too? People that look like her exist 

Agree with all of this.  Jinelle was slender but never looked anorexic to me.   Clean eating does keep you lean. I've been moving more towards it myself and have already dropped weight. I'm petite and small but don't look starved.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I want all the vets to stay. Of the rookies I would pick Shaina, Taylor, Julia, Ashley, Amanda, Lily, Lisa , Kat, and Madeline

These gorgeous natural beauties make Victoria look like the face of meth. VK has crazy eyes. 

22 minutes ago, Jennv said:

One latina, one black, no Asian. Eye roll 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

In many of my jobs, they DID understand as long as there wasn't a history of being late or completely missing a shift due to reasons beyond the control of the candidate/employee.  If the employee/candidate has/had a history of tardiness, then that tardiness was often counted against them at reviews and, if the tardiness and/or absences was excessive, they were often fired (after being warned and written up).

As for finding housing, there's literally an apartment complex right across from the Star with availability.  Granted, it's a little more expensive than many of the girls would likely be used to (especially if they've never had to rent a place before) since rents range from just over $1,000 ($1,050 was the lowest price I saw) up to near $2,500 for a 3 bedroom.  The higher rent (and multiple bedrooms) would allow for roommates as well which would cut down on the cost.  Personally, I would try to find an apartment and job in Frisco so I didn't have to deal with the Dallas proper traffic as much (though I've heard the Frisco traffic can be just as bad; correct me if I'm wrong).

Traffic is horrible in McKinney, Allen, Frisco, Dallas, Arlington...I can go on. Pretty much anywhere in the metro area, traffic can be a nightmare on any given day.

rent can be outrageous as well, especially in frisco. Our house is being sold that we’ve rented for several years. 🙄 we are now looking for a new house and we don’t even live truly in the metroplex and it’s awful. We should have bought, but we wanted to move when our kids graduated.

i missed a dr. Appt one time because there was a wreck right in front of me and I wound up waiting because I was a witness. They understood and didn’t charge me and they were strict with their cancellation policy. I know Kelli is a stickler for punctuality, but that’s not being a flake. I just can’t believe there isn’t a makeup time.  I guess if you can’t make other arrangements for travel (you know: helicopter, floo powder, astral projection) you just don’t want it bad enough!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

And the same thing could be said about TPTB and trying keep the information from being leaked in the first place. If they were honest about the whole thing, they would not have to worry about inside information coming out. They have no one to blame but themselves when it comes to what is going on behind closed doors in DCC Land. They have to be naïve to think it would never, ever come out.

Plus the fact some of the things that were going on behind closed doors they were involved in could land them in some legal hot water.

But the thing is, unless someone is directly involved in the situation, everything is second hand information. And with second and third hand information, every time the story is told, it is changed slightly (or significantly)...just like playing the telephone game. So, there is a good chance that what is being shared is completely embellished with only hints of truth. And there is NO way for you to know otherwise unless you were physically present and witnessed it. And it’s being spread as truth. And yes, it could definitely bring on legal ramifications if it gets back to someone, whether it’s the truth or not. It’s easy to forget (or ignore) that these are real people, in real jobs...not just figured on tv. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

A normal job would understand? Not in my world. Every place I've worked at regardless of what your excuse was; you're late. Your pay is docked and it's counted against you like an  absence.

Yeah no. Any professional job I have had in my career, people are sometimes late. The world keeps spinning.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Laurawithcats said:

I was done last year, watching the VK show and Kitty. I admit, until last year, I loved Kitty. She seemed to really care about the team but watching her fawn over VK was eye opening. And when she complained about vet's but VK just needed more time? In the past, if it were anyone else, Kitty would have said, "cut her, be done with it." Not Victoria though and that tells me everything I need to know about who Kitty really is. What pissed me off with V tho was her disrespect towards Jinelle. Jinelle, who ate clean and healthy all her adult life, even in a foreign country full of fast food restaurants and yummy, fattening snacks. That can't have been easy but she made eating healthy a priority. I'd have killed for help from her and Victoria had to be reminded to apologize for being a spoiled brat and lying? Anyone else, Kelli would have high kicked to the door. I'm sick of it. I always thought there has to be some favoritism but never this extreme, hypocritical and obvious. It's insulting to those of us who have watched the show since it first aired. I can't imagine what V is going to do if she did cause such toxicity last year. When she makes the team she is going to be spending A LOT of time with these women, her teammates. Who's going to want to hang around her? Many of these women form lifelong friendships. And ftr, I too wish Victoria had taken another year, gone to college, lived. But Tina wasn't having it. Her daughter is going to be a DCC! 

That being said, Victoria has lost weight. I can see it. I hope for her sake she did it in a healthy way. I don't see how tho, she going to keep it off. But, Kelli will make an exception for her. 

Kitty has been rough and tough on girls who've gained weight, especially vets (though Kelli's been just as rough on rookie candidates).  She mentioned to Kelli that Veronica and Hannah had gained weight.  She also had five vets (including Nicole Bulcher and, I think, Britney Schram) step forward when everyone was practicing kick line to chastise them about possible weight gain.  Erica was chastised for DARING to wear a men's denim shirt as part of her solo costume because, she was told, "it looked like [she] was trying to hide weight gain".  If Kelly and Kitty are going to be tough on vets, even if these vets are going into their second year, then they have to be tougher on Victoria who practically GREW UP with the DCC and should know the standards backwards, forwards and upside down, but she gets a pass and given time to lose it because she's who she is.  BTW, like the phrase "high kicked to the door".  Evidently, TPTB think we're stupid, we're blind, or both because they don't think (or don't care) that we see the blatantly obvious favoritism and nepotism that has benefited Victoria thus far.

50 minutes ago, loveanddcc said:

Edit: That being said, VK still should’ve been cut and blacklisted for lying. Any other candidate would’ve been cut and told not to come back.

I totally agree with you.  We saw something close to this with Ika and Carla trying to lie (or downplay) pictures that came to Kelli's attention without outright lying.  Neither girl dared show her face at DCC auditions again (that I know of).  If Victoria had been ANY other girl or had absolutely NO connections to Kelli and/or the DCC and had pulled what she did, she would have been told never to come back as she was booted from Camp.

45 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Rookies: (depending on their firecracker power)

1. Amanda Dilks @amandadilks (Philly Flyers)
  2. Ashley Hancock @ashleyahancock (DMD) 
  3. Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna (Trinity HS/Pagents)
  4. Kat Puryear @katpurr (Charlotte Hornets)
  5. Kelcey Wetterburg @kelceywetterberg (Nebraska)
  6. Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10 (Ice Angels)
  7. Madeline Grace Salter @_mmadelinegrace (OCU)
  8. Shaina Grace @shainagrace (LSU Goldgengirl)
  9. Lauren Ligon @lauren_ligon (TCU Showgirl)
  10. Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 (University of Kentucky)
  11. Bret McCall Lindley @bret_mccall (49ers)

Vets to be cut:

1. Brennan Cook @brennanashley / 2nd year
  2. Daphne Janes @daph7 / 2nd year

Vet I'm on the fence about:

1. Hannah Anderson @hannah_anderson95 / 2nd year

I would agree with you about the Rookie candidates.  However, I would keep Daphne and Brennan and cut Christina.  All the other vets can stay.  I wonder how many vets are possibly on the chopping block if all the rookie candidates are amazing?  Depending on how the rookies do in camp with weight and picking up the choreo, it could be as many as 9, though that isn't likely.  At least one or two (maybe more) COULD possibly lose their spot if the rookies are just that much better.

42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

You aren't allowed to be late.  You aren't allowed to have attitude.  But if you lie, don't do what you are asked and disrespect someone, then "Victoria!  Welcome to training camp!!"

KEYBOARD!  

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

But the thing is, unless someone is directly involved in the situation, everything is second hand information. And with second and third hand information, every time the story is told, it is changed slightly (or significantly)...just like playing the telephone game. So, there is a good chance that what is being shared is completely embellished with only hints of truth. And there is NO way for you to know otherwise unless you were physically present and witnessed it. And it’s being spread as truth. And yes, it could definitely bring on legal ramifications if it gets back to someone, whether it’s the truth or not. It’s easy to forget (or ignore) that these are real people, in real jobs...not just figured on tv. 

I'm sure that Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Les Moonves used this same argument.

• Love 6

is it weird that i'm hoping raven puts on a brave face and comes back to try out next year? i understand how embarrassing it is to have been so late that she missed her meeting, but she's a cute girl who has good power and can dance really well from what we've seen on her ig.

anyway, my counts for rookies:

- kat

- shaina

- chandi

- meredith

- kristin

- amanda

- ashley

- gina

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

I applaud people who have not drank the DCC cool aid. Someone has to blow the whistle on these power abusers.

I just hope the response is not to cut the squad as so many organizations are taking that as the easy way out of a scandal these days...

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's the vets coming back

vets.jpg

Like @Roo22 I wanted a visual of the rookie TCC but I wanted the similar pics from finals, couple I couldn't get but got most of them.

tcc.jpg

Edited by Squeek
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Squeek said:

So in recent years it seems we've lost a vet during training camp, last year Tara, previous years Hannah, Chelsey, I'm too tired to think who else.  With 18 rookies coming in, if they don't cut any vets 50% of the rookies will get cut.  

Amy Reese was cut in season 5 but it wasn't shown. Kaitlin Legrande in season 6.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, loveanddcc said:

I just hope the response is not to cut the squad as so many organizations are taking that as the easy way out of a scandal these days...

True that. But if you're getting the PM (411) the human rights violations I'm privy to have nothing to do with powerful pervy men but the opposite, greedy narcissistic women in power who view the cheerleaders as dancing dollar signs.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

Well stated.  Thank you.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Well stated.  Thank you.

"There's a lot of abuse in this town," said producer and director Judd Apatow. "Young actresses are mistreated in all sorts of ways by powerful men who can dangle jobs or access to exciting parts of show business. I think a lot of people are mistreated and they don't realize how badly they're being mistreated."

Excerpt from LA Times "Hollywood's Dirty Little Secret: Harvey Weinstein"

• Love 6

Living in DFW there are legit accidents you will be stuck in for hours and there is no way out. Especially if it is a fatality or multi car that they shut down the highway for. I hate that for Raven that she missed interviews and they didn't allow her to make it up if it was one of those situations. I liked her and she really could have added some diversity to the group. I hope she comes back and is given a fair shot. 

I try to stay out of the VK mess, but I'll just say I have no problem with her being on the team IF she earns it. I feel the same about all of the TCC. I'm very interested to see if the bring up the other legacy, how her edit is and if as she makes it. I don't think any of them were impartial when it came to her last year at all. I do hope that they focus more on other girls this season.

I do think that the vets need to be on their best game. I honestly am suprised at least one more didn't get cut, I really expected at least 2. 

I'm hoping Lily, Amanda, Alexandra make it. I hope Kristen does well too. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Yeah no. Any professional job I have had in my career, people are sometimes late. The world keeps spinning.

Agreed.  I live in Atlanta.  It happens.  I have been with the same company for 19 years, and it's only happened a few times, but still it happens.

• Love 3

"There's a lot of abuse in this town," said producer and director Judd Apatow. "Young actresses are mistreated in all sorts of ways by powerful men who can dangle jobs or access to exciting parts of show business. I think a lot of people are mistreated and they don't realize how badly they're being mistreated."

Excerpt from LA Times "Hollywood's Dirty Little Secret: Harvey Weinstein"

I've worked in the film industry since 1988.  I'm well versed in the goings on. 

There's also a lot of good and an amazing amount of growth for Women in particular in positions of strength and leadership in the past several years.   Not because of Harvey though.  Because they earned it and their recognition is well deserved.

But thank you for the excerpt.

A for Altruism 

Whatever you want to believe.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, viccib said:

Charlotte's insta - guess who's an example of excellence & dedication

I have to say those are pretty wonderful pictures. And recall VK apparently made them all of "chills" (again). I am still curious why she doesn't wear tights. 

They are going to sell us every reason to put VK on the team. They've handled her social media presence already - it's carefully orchestrated.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I've worked in the film industry since 1988.  I'm well versed in the goings on. 

There's also a lot of good and an amazing amount of growth for Women in particular in positions of strength and leadership in the past several years.   Not because of Harvey though.  Because they earned it and their recognition is well deserved.

But thank you for the excerpt.

Whatever you want to believe.

Right back attcha.