Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

This is what I've been wondering.  What did the out of state/out of town girls do?  Pre-pack all their stuff and look for apartments ahead of time?  I thought it's been mentioned here before that it's difficult to find an affordable and available apartment.  It's the reason why many of the TCC's room together. 

Man, what a short amount of turnaround to move your life to a different state or town.

A realtor could find them a corporate apartment that rents out 30 days at a time.  Then if they make the team they would have additional time to find a permanent place.  If they thought of this, it  would be ideal even for the candidates who didn’t make it to camp. They could determine if they like Dallas, look for a job, and sign up for all of the prep classes until next year.  Dedication!  Lol

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

This.

I haven't requested the PM (don't want it), but if anything in it could stir up possible legal trouble, I'd stay far, far away from propagating it.

And the same thing could be said about TPTB and trying keep the information from being leaked in the first place. If they were honest about the whole thing, they would not have to worry about inside information coming out. They have no one to blame but themselves when it comes to what is going on behind closed doors in DCC Land. They have to be naïve to think it would never, ever come out.

Plus the fact some of the things that were going on behind closed doors they were involved in could land them in some legal hot water.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

A normal job would understand? Not in my world. Every place I've worked at regardless of what your excuse was; you're late. Your pay is docked and it's counted against you like an  absence.

In many of my jobs, they DID understand as long as there wasn't a history of being late or completely missing a shift due to reasons beyond the control of the candidate/employee.  If the employee/candidate has/had a history of tardiness, then that tardiness was often counted against them at reviews and, if the tardiness and/or absences was excessive, they were often fired (after being warned and written up).

As for finding housing, there's literally an apartment complex right across from the Star with availability.  Granted, it's a little more expensive than many of the girls would likely be used to (especially if they've never had to rent a place before) since rents range from just over $1,000 ($1,050 was the lowest price I saw) up to near $2,500 for a 3 bedroom.  The higher rent (and multiple bedrooms) would allow for roommates as well which would cut down on the cost.  Personally, I would try to find an apartment and job in Frisco so I didn't have to deal with the Dallas proper traffic as much (though I've heard the Frisco traffic can be just as bad; correct me if I'm wrong).

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And the same thing could be said about TPTB and trying keep the information from being leaked in the first place. If they were honest about the whole thing, they would not have to worry about inside information coming out. They have no one to blame but themselves when it comes to what is going on behind closed doors in DCC Land. They have to be naïve to think it would never, ever come out.

Plus the fact some of the things that were going on behind closed doors they were involved in could land them in some legal hot water.

To each his own. 

Me personally, I wouldn't take the risk of propagating anything DCC that could open myself to legal issues.   🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

A realtor could find them a corporate apartment that rents out 30 days at a time.  Then if they make the team they would have additional time to find a permanent place.  If they thought of this, it  would be ideal even for the candidates who didn’t make it to camp. They could determine if they like Dallas, look for a job, and sign up for all of the prep classes until next year.  Dedication!  Lol

At one time they had host families putting the girls up - I wonder if they still do that.

3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

But still, they'd have to box up and come out with all their stuff not knowing whether or not they would make it.  That just boggles my mind.  Moving isn't cheap!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:
i’m sorry but this is bullshit. I work in recruitment for a large company and while this would definitely count against a candidate, i would never disqualify someone for getting stuck due to unforeseen circumstances if that someone had informed me as soon as they realized they were going to be late. Especially if it’s true that two people had the same issue, you can’t punish them for something so stupid... and they’re just cheerleaders, calm your t*ts.

Agreed. It should be easy enough to determine if there was truly a bad accident on the highway, and if 2 girls had the same issue, then it is what it is. Certainly, each should have called once they realized the situation (if the story is true). One time I was on the way to a very important work meeting. Luckily, I was able to see that traffic was completely stopped on a long section of the interstate (that also happens to be a bridge), and I managed to divert and go a different way. However, had I been on that bridge two minutes earlier, I would've been stuck up there for hours because thats how long they had traffic stopped. I get Kelli's zero tolerance policy to an extent. Most people who are late typically are just late because they didn't leave early enough, and no one has time for excuses. However, there is a reason why companies/schools/etc have moved away from zero tolerance policies. Sometimes things truly do happen that are beyond someone's control and not due to carelessness. 

Final interviews are also on a Friday, a work day, and someone may not be in a situation where they can take the entire day or morning off to camp out at Starbucks near the stadium (which I agree is the smartest thing to do if thats an option). This goes back to the absurdity of treating this like a part-time job, which I won't rehash again lol.  

• Love 7
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

At one time they had host families putting the girls up - I wonder if they still do that.

Most recent was Yuko at Natalie Woods. Lots of girls will let friends stay over for a minute but Yuko was the last official one I know of.

• Love 2

Natalie Woods Stanyer did it for Yuko. Also in the 2005 show 2 TCCs stayed with a vet Misty.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

To each his own. 

Me personally, I wouldn't take the risk of propagating anything DCC that could open myself to legal issues.   🤷‍♀️

I understand your point of view. Sadly it can and will come out no matter what. I personally think the show has done more damage to the organization and the girls themselves. Take care, and have a good rest of your Sunday and have a good week.

7 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I second that!

Some of the posters in the FB groups "claim" to be fans of the show but don't know much about it. The same questions get asked over and over again (ex: Is Tara auditioning again? or What vets are retiring?). One poster claimed it was Simone who was cut instead of Selina.

Or all the posters complaining during auditions how they couldn't find the show on TV cause they "always start the show during auditions."  

Just now, MrsEVH said:

Natalie Woods Stanyer did it for Yuko. Also in the 2005 show 2 TCCs stayed with a vet Misty.

I think Nicole B stayed with a family.  I hate not being able to go back and read blogs!  Angela took in Jaxx.  

• Love 2
Just now, bigskygirl said:

I understand your point of view. Sadly it can and will come out no matter what. I personally think the show has done more damage to the organization and the girls themselves. Take care, and have a good rest of your Sunday and have a good week.

I knew you would have to reply.  Enjoy your Sunday too.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

High waist is def back in.

Lot of same people Just more anonymous here. I left one fbk group bc first of all I hate Facebook, second there was so much backstabbing and trash talking about posters not the show. Even too ugly for my blunt self.

RE: Gabby I was told she was cut for weight mostly and slight personality conflict like she was not rude or hateful but more snarky than DCC sweet and that didn’t come off well with all the yes Ma’am blank stare preferred attitudes. Like she’d snark joke sometimes esp at appearances and it was thought to be crossing the line. Also they have so many tall girls this year she looked out of place. 

I really doubt these are things the girls actually get told about. I don’t believe Gabby got told that her personality isn’t a fit and that they don’t like her body and chose to re-audition. I know most people here claim they get told these things like Keyra was for example, but I don’t buy it.

• Love 3

Or all the posters complaining during auditions how they couldn't find the show on TV cause they "always start the show during auditions."  

I think Nicole B stayed with a family.  I hate not being able to go back and read blogs!  Angela took in Jaxx.  

Also Angela Rena stayed with Brittany Schramm's family. I remember she wrote a blog thanking them for it on the old DCC site.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, pisces125 said:

Was Lacey the only 5th year girl on last year's squad?  Could someone list the 4th years headed into TC?

Here you go!

• Love 2

About Gabby... I loved her from last season and am sickened that she was cut. I realize that she has been on "weight warning," but so have a hundred other girls and they were not cut before training camp. In the words of Kitty Carter, doesn't she deserve the respect of time to get her weight in check?

Gabby is absolutely stunning, her dance ability is stronger than many others on the team, and she is a Latina (God forbid we consider representation of a significantly large population that comprises Dallas Cowboys fans). If TPTB are going to cut one returning candidate - and ONLY one returning candidate - then there must be a darn good reason. So, unless they prove to me that Gabby is eating small children with her breakfast cereal, then I'm in protest mode from now on.

• Love 20
(edited)

To be honest, the pic of the vets before finals, I didn’t recognize or know the names of the 1st 6-7 vets in the back row, from the right. I had to look up Gabby & still didn’t know her. No more rockstars on the team.

I miss Holly!

Edited by Jazzmom
Add
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Gabby is absolutely stunning, her dance ability is stronger than many others on the team, and she is a Latina (God forbid we consider representation of a significantly large population that comprises Dallas Cowboys fans). If TPTB are going to cut one returning candidate - and ONLY one returning candidate - then there must be a darn good reason. So, unless they prove to me that Gabby is eating small children with her breakfast cereal, then I'm in protest mode from now on.

Whatever it was I hope it's addressed and not swept under the rug like they did with Olivia S in season 11.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Raven was late to interview

Just my thought...what about pulling your car over to the side of the road, and walk to an area to get to somewhere she can get an Uber or Lyft?  Either way, such a shame!  Hopefully she tries out again and won't have this thing hanging over her head by the judges.

10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I really doubt these are things the girls actually get told about. I don’t believe Gabby got told that her personality isn’t a fit and that they don’t like her body and chose to re-audition. I know most people here claim they get told these things like Keyra was for example, but I don’t buy it.

I agree that I doubt that they're told about body type or personality conflicts to their face (actual weight issues - yes). I do think these things (personality conflicts) can have a way of filtering through the grapevine IMO. I could definitely see a situation where girls may have heard that K or J didn't care for them personally, but because it was never told to them directly, they didn't think it's a dealbreaker or a big deal. Then, they find out that their attitude or professionalism got brought up during the judge's discussion. I think Milan's podcast confirmed that K&J are not hands on, so I can believe that some of the vets are blindsided when they get cut for reasons other than getting outdanced by the other finalists.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

what should they have done? What would have been fair? They had 20 panel interviews scheduled that day and a lot of people, crew, and logistics in place to make it happen. If one girl is late, they're not going to push back all the other interviews, nor are they going to stay late to interview her on her own. And it would have been unfair to take her into TC without an interview.

Added her to another group if that was possible. That’s what I would have done but I’m a kitten. 😡

Edited by PBSLover
Wanted an emoji to show I am not a kitten
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, JessikaJudge said:

I’ve been reading this forum for 3 years and made an account just so I can get a PM too 😂 Y’all make this show a thousand times better!! 

I have had an account for a while, was an avid reader and never a poster. THIS has brought me form a reader to a poster. I too am in need of this PM. If anyone that has it can send me a PM with the info, I would be so thankful!!  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, fan1999 said:

I get that people hate her or whatever (and this isn’t just directed at this one comment) but you all need to chill. SO MANY non vets have sat in that first row. Even tcc hopefuls who then have not made it. I specifically remember 2 in the last couple of years because they were friends with my daughter and I was paying close attention but I’m sure they were not the only 2. Both did so in the first year they auditioned even when they were total “nobodies”.

Also, if you get up to go to the bathroom OR are returning after your solo or after being interviewed and walk into the sitting area just as they are starting another solo, you grab the first seat available until it’s over. That is the most likely reason for VK to be sitting in two different seats in two different pics. I know that doesn’t fit with the belief that she’s rude and selfish but it’s still the most likely. 

I’m sure there are reasons to not like her so no need to make something out of nothing. 

Okay, Haley Anderson.

• LOL 11

Just one thought on the Gabby situation: last year there were a lot of people miffed because Keyra was cut due to her shape/weight...and then we found out it was (presumably) about her lateness and attitude.

Keeping or losing a spot on the team isn't only about dance, looks and seeming nice on tv, it's also about overall job performance as an employee, and social media gives us no insight into that.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Just my thought...what about pulling your car over to the side of the road, and walk to an area to get to somewhere she can get an Uber or Lyft?  Either way, such a shame!  Hopefully she tries out again and won't have this thing hanging over her head by the judges.

I don't see how that can be done if stuck in gridlock like often happens behind a bad accident. Especially if not near the right side of the road.  Plus would a person be allowed to "abandon" a car for as long as she would be gone?

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Added her to another group if that was possible. That’s what I would have done but I’m a kitten. 😡

I wish this quote could carry over your edit reason stating you used that emoji to show you are not a kitten.  LMAO.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I don't see how that can be done if stuck in gridlock like often happens behind a bad accident. Especially if not near the right side of the road.  Plus would a person be allowed to "abandon" a car for as long as she would be gone?

Agreed. Also, I don't know what the traffic rules are on this specific issue. However, leaving your car in the shoulder or emergency lane, which I assume she would have to do, when there is a terrible accident, and emergency vehicles will like need to travel in that lane, seems problematic. My guess is that she was just stuck, unfortunately. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I agree that I doubt that they're told about body type or personality conflicts to their face (actual weight issues - yes). I do think these things (personality conflicts) can have a way of filtering through the grapevine IMO. I could definitely see a situation where girls may have heard that K or J didn't care for them personally, but because it was never told to them directly, they didn't think it's a dealbreaker or a big deal. Then, they find out that their attitude or professionalism got brought up during the judge's discussion. I think Milan's podcast confirmed that K&J are not hands on, so I can believe that some of the vets are blindsided when they get cut for reasons other than getting outdanced by the other finalists.

Another reason to have an assistant director - someone who could sit with the girls and give them feedback thru the season.  And I'm not talking about you were off in the kickline, you gained 5 pounds, we need to change the color of your hair, etc.  Are they talked to about being tardy the first time it happens, attitude, things said, etc.  Or do they come to finals ready to go and then, oh yeah, remember 6 months ago when you...……...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, CheerMeUp said:

I have had an account for a while, was an avid reader and never a poster. THIS has brought me form a reader to a poster. I too am in need of this PM. If anyone that has it can send me a PM with the info, I would be so thankful!!  

ha ha ha yep me too! I have been browsing this site for a while and now I just had to ask too! If you get it, can you send it to me too lolol?

Based on what we were able to see on SM, Madeline Malloy's solo costume was my favorite.  I absolutely love that color & the top was beautiful.  Although Gina had almost the same color and a very pretty costume of her own, I preferred the simplicity of Madeline's.

What solo costume was your fav?

• Love 5

Looong time lurker, first time poster. From a small town in PA who has been a DCC fan ever since my dad went to a conference in Dallas in the early 80’s and brought me back a deck of DCC playing cards.  Looking back probably not appropriate for a little girl, but they were so glamorous and cool that I became an instant fan, although I am not and never will be a Cowboys fan.  Steelers all the way! 😁. Anyway... we have not gotten CMT in my area for a few years so I have been buying the seasons on Amazon prime, but I don’t want to pay for another frustrating season like last year (even though I own every one except the first two-make them available Amazon!) so I want to say thank you for this forum.  You help me stay in the loop.  I appreciate and welcome all of your information that you share.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I wish this quote could carry over your edit reason stating you used that emoji to show you are not a kitten.  LMAO.

I am not BUT if the girl showed up, I would in fact include her if there was a possibility. I would want someone to do that for me so I would do the same.

As I have gotten older I just think that sometimes you have to allow people to be human. EVERYONE makes mistakes. Yes the NFL is ruthless, but there are times you just gotta give someone a break.

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Another reason to have an assistant director - someone who could sit with the girls and give them feedback thru the season.  And I'm not talking about you were off in the kickline, you gained 5 pounds, we need to change the color of your hair, etc.  Are they talked to about being tardy the first time it happens, attitude, things said, etc.  Or do they come to finals ready to go and then, oh yeah, remember 6 months ago when you...……...

Love this.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I do not think that Gina Campagna is a WOC. She is from Italian descent. If she is a WOC, you have to include people of Italian descent and you have to include Gina Ligi and Christina Riccelli.

If we count the WOC without excluding the 'white passing', we have now in TC 9 girls out of 45, which is 20%:

1. Alexandra Pena (latin american descent)
  2. Chandi Dayle (south asian descent)
  3. Kat Puryear (african american descent)
  4. Kristen Dodd (latin american descent) 
  5. Alanna Tarango (latin american descent)
  6. Ashlee Ford (african american descent)
  7. Briana Baisden (african american descent)
  8. Cianna Levi (from all over the world)
  9. Tess Guidry (Louisiana Cajun descent)

If were going with white passing Rachel W. Is 1/4 Japanese. This really is pitiful that there isn’t more representation but in my honest opinion the demands are so much mostly women with families who can fund them and are willing to fund playing cheerleader vs school even audition now. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

I am not BUT if the girl showed up, I would in fact include her if there was a possibility. I would want someone to do that for me so I would do the same.

As I have gotten older I just think that sometimes you have to allow people to be human. EVERYONE makes mistakes. Yes the NFL is ruthless, but there are times you just gotta give someone a break.

I wasn't laughing at your judgement.  Your comment though, did make me laugh. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Absolutely. If something is going to be brought up before the judges as a reason not to bring a vet back, then it should have been brought to the vet's attention before finals (directly and 6 months before). On some level however, I think it's strategic and some of these things are purposely not brought to their attention, so the vet won't decide to not audition again. Therefore, Kelli can survey the new candidates first before kicking out a vet who can actually dance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

image.png.d47f553d47eced1aa305d8e00544f3b8.png

Here are all the rookie candidates. Credit to Squeek for compiling most of this information. I just added pics.

Thanks, @Roo22, for putting this together.  Same to you @Squeek😎

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 13
57 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I do not think that Gina Campagna is a WOC. She is from Italian descent. If she is a WOC, you have to include people of Italian descent and you have to include Gina Ligi and Christina Riccelli.

If we count the WOC without excluding the 'white passing', we have now in TC 9 girls out of 45, which is 20%:

1. Alexandra Pena (latin american descent)
  2. Chandi Dayle (south asian descent)
  3. Kat Puryear (african american descent)
  4. Kristen Dodd (latin american descent) 
  5. Alanna Tarango (latin american descent)
  6. Ashlee Ford (african american descent)
  7. Briana Baisden (african american descent)
  8. Cianna Levi (from all over the world)
  9. Tess Guidry (Louisiana Cajun descent)

Cianna mentioned being Italian, I do not recall her mentioning being mixed with anything else, but she may have at some point

9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Based on what we were able to see on SM, Madeline Malloy's solo costume was my favorite.  I absolutely love that color & the top was beautiful.  Although Gina had almost the same color and a very pretty costume of her own, I preferred the simplicity of Madeline's.

What solo costume was your fav?

Have you seen Madeline's solo anywhere?  I did love her costume, but I also liked how Ashlee incorporated her favorite cheetah print in hers.  I had a lot of faves, and some were just....no.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

image.png.d47f553d47eced1aa305d8e00544f3b8.png

Here are all the rookie candidates. Credit to Squeek for compiling most of this information. I just added pics.

Looking at all the TCC and the returning vets...how in the heck are they going to cut 9 people? I wonder if several vets will be cut?

Edited by Pebbles116
missing words
  • Love 1