Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Can I say that I'm disappointed that Christina made it back?  Can I also say that I hope she gets cut in Training Camp?  I'm also hoping that Victoria gets cut AGAIN in Training Camp.  I'm also glad that Malena DIDN'T make it back.  I know that she wasn't encouraged to re-audition as several girls have in the past.  

I'm delighted Christina is back, she is one of my favorites. Very glad they didn't take Malena into TC, that was hard to watch last season.

• Love 7

1) LOVED Gabby, really sad for her

2) Holy moly VK has lost a LOT of weight SUPER quickly. Respect to her for that but that'll be hard to keep off.

3) I was rooting for Malena a bit but her solo SUCKED and I'm SO glad she didn't make it back now. She had a YEAR to prepare and came back with a random bit of half-assed improv.

4) If I was someone like Lily I would have ZERO faith in Kelli's process.

5) The diversity stuff is BS. The team looks so BORING and old school for being so white. It was more diverse in the eighties. They need to make it more diverse. 

6) Still sad that the solos were so blah this year. 

• Love 16

I am happy that Kristin Dodd made it and I hope that she has learned not to look at the floor anymore which, as we all know, might be great for Instagram but not for AT&T stadium.

I am also very happy for Amanda Dilks, Kat Puryear and Ashley Hancock who will be able to add the much needed dose of glam to the squad. Having too many girls like Brennan, Daphne and Hannah (great humanitarians and boss women) makes DCC move away from the gold standard (DCC 2011).

VK is not really adding glam and is according to all around here not a humanitarian so her making the squad is not really an added value. I do want to stress that we need to see how much she has changed. Perhaps she has changed and she becomes friends with Brennan! Everybody happy!

4 hours ago, J-R said:

image.png.b8c48c13fe8d98f9f26290688c9736b5.png

And so it begins......

JennK I love you and I’ve been your fan all these years. That ended just about when you posted this. Meet DCC? Really? With VK front and center?

I can’t believe they cut Lacey AGAIN and took this ugly mess instead. Lacey is beautiful, great dancer, rocking body and would add much needed diversity on the team. But I’m sure VK danced better.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, loveaux said:

I just.....alright KTC. Y’all win. Because if the other TCC hopefuls don’t get to sit on the front row, neither should she. but I forgot, she’s mommas lil princess that is so guaranteed a spot 🙄

I get that people hate her or whatever (and this isn’t just directed at this one comment) but you all need to chill. SO MANY non vets have sat in that first row. Even tcc hopefuls who then have not made it. I specifically remember 2 in the last couple of years because they were friends with my daughter and I was paying close attention but I’m sure they were not the only 2. Both did so in the first year they auditioned even when they were total “nobodies”.

Also, if you get up to go to the bathroom OR are returning after your solo or after being interviewed and walk into the sitting area just as they are starting another solo, you grab the first seat available until it’s over. That is the most likely reason for VK to be sitting in two different seats in two different pics. I know that doesn’t fit with the belief that she’s rude and selfish but it’s still the most likely. 

I’m sure there are reasons to not like her so no need to make something out of nothing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

You’re gonna go to school and be somebody then worry about shaking your ass for less than minimum wage. 

AND move across to country to do so?  Not a smart plan IMO.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

JennK I love you and I’ve been your fan all these years. That ended just about when you posted this. Meet DCC? Really? With VK front and center?

I can’t believe they cut Lacey AGAIN and took this ugly mess instead. Lacey is beautiful, great dancer, rocking body and would add much needed diversity on the team. But I’m sure VK danced better.

7 hours ago, J-R said:

image.png.b8c48c13fe8d98f9f26290688c9736b5.png

And so it begins......

I literally just shrieked like an innocent mouse when I woke up to this picture this am. This is the new production angle that they'll have on Victoria Kalina: MTT. They will focus on her weight loss to justify her making the team this year. Y'all see? She worked hard, got in tip top shape, came back with her A+++ self, proving that she is mature and really wants to be on the team. But they don't want to admit that her getting cut reasons should have been more multi-factorial than that. The lying, disrespect to Jinelle, dancing like a wild child in the DCC style, won't matter in this year. She is In like Flynn.

• Love 3

I don’t know anything about the DCC, TPTB, individual girls and their personalities, or any locker room or behind-the-scenes drama other than what I’ve seen over the years on the show, social media, and this forum.  But I think the team has grown B-O-R-I-N-G, taking the same mousy “I am so blessed to be part of this amazing organization” Stepford wives every year, that perhaps a little VK will be good for them!  She certainly lacks control (both in dancing and with personality), but she also seems fun and boisterous.  It may be a needed breath of fresh air.  

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I don’t know anything about the DCC, TPTB, individual girls and their personalities, or any locker room or behind-the-scenes drama other than what I’ve seen over the years on the show, social media, and this forum.  But I think the team has grown B-O-R-I-N-G, taking the same mousy “I am so blessed to be part of this amazing organization” Stepford wives every year, that perhaps a little VK will be good for them!  She certainly lacks control (both in dancing and with personality), but she also seems fun and boisterous.  It may be a needed breath of fresh air.  

I absolutely agree with you.

• Love 1
On 5/26/2019 at 8:09 AM, Kayce said:

Gracie Blanchard... the one who some think kind of resembles Judy... has a more "mature" look like Colbi did.  She looks like she could pass for 40 in some pics I've seen.  

Hate to say but it’s true. She looks like Judy NOW now Judy when she was a DCC. She reminds me of Colbi looks wise also but dang girl can dance her ass off. I wouldn’t be mad if they picked her. Good thing to me to have a range of ages in looks as well as hair, ethnicity, height etc.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Can you post a picture of Lacey (finalist)???

2 hours ago, fan1999 said:

I get that people hate her or whatever (and this isn’t just directed at this one comment) but you all need to chill. SO MANY non vets have sat in that first row. Even tcc hopefuls who then have not made it. I specifically remember 2 in the last couple of years because they were friends with my daughter and I was paying close attention but I’m sure they were not the only 2. Both did so in the first year they auditioned even when they were total “nobodies”.

Also, if you get up to go to the bathroom OR are returning after your solo or after being interviewed and walk into the sitting area just as they are starting another solo, you grab the first seat available until it’s over. That is the most likely reason for VK to be sitting in two different seats in two different pics. I know that doesn’t fit with the belief that she’s rude and selfish but it’s still the most likely. 

I’m sure there are reasons to not like her so no need to make something out of nothing. 

We established that other non vets have sat front row pages ago.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

If I was late to the interview, I would have never shown my face at solos or ever again at an audition!  To me that is an automatic NO for being in TC.

It’s not the mistakes you make but how you handle the fallout. Being late can happen to anyone - sure, there are consequences and there should be but if Gabby handles the rest of the process like a pro she is more likely to get a good recommendation from Kelly if she wants to tryout somewhere else or even for DCC again. It’s unlikely that she will but you just don’t burn bridges in a small world like dance. All these directors talk. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, fan1999 said:

It’s not the mistakes you make but how you handle the fallout. Being late can happen to anyone - sure, there are consequences and there should be but if Gabby handles the rest of the process like a pro she is more likely to get a good recommendation from Kelly if she wants to tryout somewhere else or even for DCC again. It’s unlikely that she will but you just don’t burn bridges in a small world like dance. All these directors talk. 

Once again, there is NO PROOF it was Gabby who was late! I’d really like to stop spreading this false info before people think it is fact. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, KickYourNose said:

Dang it, Big Sky! You pulled me out of lurk mode!! Please may I have one, too?

I might as well join the crowd, pm for me please Big Sky. 

A big thank you to those who posted pictures and videos of some of the new TCC!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

So, who is in charge of making that handy chart of the new TCC?  I must have referred to it 1000 times last summer.  Please and thank you!

That was me 🙂 seems a lot of others jumped to it this year! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pj3422 said:

image.png.6b699a43752c155f9ecd5f87ca789910.png

Ohhhh.... VK's gonna eat that baby, isn't she?

I just can not do another season with that big trap of a mouth staring right at me. If she has so much DCC class, she should know to shut the trap for pictures. She still looks like someone in HS after the team won the big game, and she knows the picture will end up in her year book. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

That's probably what got Morgan cut.

A bad solo and barely making the team in the first place got her cut. I think Kelli and Charlotte told Kitty we will put Morgan on the team for you, but she better get her act together if she wants to make the team next year.

6 hours ago, Lona said:

Wow, guys. Just got through all these posts. Started at like page 30 or something lol. Y'all sure know how to write fast and keep people updated. Thanks.

And what can I say? I joked a while ago about maybe rioting if Gabby didn't make it back, but now I don't feel anger, just sadness. 😥 It seemed that she had gotten her weight under control, so I'm hoping that's not the excuse ("reason" I know. Don't mean to sound bitter). I felt like she was a taste of something different and I was impressed with her this season. It just felt like she had a whole lot of spunk, and she seemed so kind.
She truly was one of my top rookies and she will be missed.

As far as positives for me, I'm happy to see Kristin Dodd made it. Have a soft spot for her and her personality. Congrats to Meredith for making it one step further this year, and really hoping Lily can go all the way this time.

I feel this same way about Gabby. I'm very sad she got cut. It's hard to understand since we weren't there to know exactly why - and who knows if we'd ever know for sure anyway.

I'm sad for her. I thought she was a doll and seemed like a sweetheart. I hope she can move on quickly and not let this hold her down. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelli and Charlotte would fight to the death to keep the squad going.

Now there’s a show I’d watch 👀🤼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Some thoughts:

I think I had prepared myself well for the fact that VK would make it so I’m not too annoyed about that yet. I’ll try my absolute best to keep an open mind and give her a chance this year but I don’t think I’ll be very successful with that. 

I’m thrilled for Alexandra Pena. I’ve always rooted for her. I think she was featured on the show 2 years ago, and that was her 3rd time trying out. She tried out last year too, so this would make attempt #5.

I’m also happy about Lily and Kristin made it. And I share the frustration that Lacey did not. 

Gabby was cute but I’m not heartbroken or anything. Though I do feel for her. I am,  however, still heartbroken about Lauren deciding to retire. Can’t get over it. 

It looks like there are 45 girls going to training camp, which means 9 cuts must be made. Do we have any volunteers to post a headshot of each of the rookie candidates?

Edited by Roo22
Typo
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Squeek said:

Same list I've got missing the one.

There’s a girl Madeline Grace that posted she made it. I don’t see her on the list but maybe I missed her. 

CD68C832-C2CE-41AE-9540-B1BA7AA1A8DF.png

• Love 3
(edited)

I wouldn't feel too bad about Gabby if there were other girls that were cut. To be the only one is the worst. I was expecting more cuts given the limited spots available. Oh well, I guess they love everyone - except Gabby.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I mean how valuable is your information if you were sure and then proven wrong (thankfully)? I mean to be honest anyone can pick a side or prediction on whether someone makes it or doesn’t make it. You’ve got a 50/50 shot. 😂 If you were wrong last year, and they come back, maybe you’ll be right this year. Who knows. Anyways, that’s what I thought but wanted to make sure. I don’t hold my breath for any “insider” until I see proof from someone either on the team or very close to it. 

Exactly. And I'd be careful sharing what's in that pm if I were a certain "insider." I can't imagine Judy and the DCC lawyers would be too thrilled with the third paragraph.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DanceChick said:

Exactly. And I'd be careful sharing what's in that pm if I were a certain "insider." I can't imagine Judy and the DCC lawyers would be too thrilled with the third paragraph.

Now I'm curious....

• Love 2

This may be an unpopular opinion, but, here goes.  Maybe if we don’t get ourselves all worked up over VK (we all know are going to be in the show 🙄), maybe this summer won’t be so miserable.  Not saying we shouldn’t have a good laugh at those moments!

We all know every class needs a 🤡!!!  I’m hopeful the Kalina’s don’t want her featured since the messes from last year are what got her removed from TC. 

I’m excited to see how all the knew candidates mesh with the existing team.  I can’t wait for show.

Please producers... no 💩show this year 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Love 3

Why has no one ever talked about the fact that Tina's name is Tina Kalina? That has got to be a joke right? Is that her given name and she kept her maiden name when she got married in order to keep the rhyming? Or by some mind-boggling coincidence did she marry someone with a last name that happened to RHYME with her first name?! She sounds like a cartoon character (which is very appropriate, all things considered).

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

Believe me they were working on here last year to make sure certain inside information was not being leaked out. There was more than one person saying what was going on behind closed doors aka confirming what has been said on here. And if they needed lawyers, it was because of what certain people within the organization were doing and not the fact people were stating what was going on.

1 minute ago, heckkitty said:

I adore this girl based only on her solo. I hope she spends the next year stretching & kicking & comes back next year. 

I love her look! She is so beautiful and looks like she had a fun and sassy solo.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, KatieC said:

There’s a girl Madeline Grace that posted she made it. I don’t see her on the list but maybe I missed her. 

CD68C832-C2CE-41AE-9540-B1BA7AA1A8DF.png

She must be the unidentified blond.  Great. Another Madeline. At least she’s not a brunette. 

2 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

I love her look! She is so beautiful and looks like she had a fun and sassy solo.

There’s more of her solo on the dcc story, but I can’t figure out how to copy that. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

Why has no one ever talked about the fact that Tina's name is Tina Kalina? That has got to be a joke right? Is that her given name and she kept her maiden name when she got married in order to keep the rhyming? Or by some mind-boggling coincidence did she marry someone with a last name that happened to RHYME with her first name?! She sounds like a cartoon character (which is very appropriate, all things considered).

My grandma’s name was Ella Repeda and my Grandpa’s last name was Tosella , making her Ella Tosella for the rest of her life

• Love 4
16 hours ago, J-R said:

I am jumping on the nosey band wagon

Is there room for one more? I'm totally late to the party but I worked a 2nd/3rd shift double and am just now catching up. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Believe me they were working on here last year to make sure certain inside information was not being leaked out. There was more than one person saying what was going on behind closed doors aka confirming what has been said on here. And if they needed lawyers, it was because of what certain people within the organization were doing and not the fact people were stating what was going on.

Okay I was trying to play aloof. but now I'm gonna need this PM!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Jennv said:

My grandma’s name was Ella Repeda and my Grandpa’s last name was Tosella , making her Ella Tosella for the rest of her life

That's amazing. I guess it's not THAT far-fetched to happen! 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
15 hours ago, BringItOn said:

#firecourtney

I totally read that in Judi's voice when she was screaming "COURTNEY!!!" at Courtney Cook. (OK I'm watching past seasons, I admit it)

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Stee said:

Okay I was trying to play aloof. but now I'm gonna need this PM!

Me too. I hate the whole “I won’t tell the class, but pm me if you want the tea” crap, but now I gotta know. Will one of you with the info pass it on or just post it for everyone? Lol

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but, here goes.  Maybe if we don’t get ourselves all worked up over VK (we all know are going to be in the show 🙄), maybe this summer won’t be so miserable.  Not saying we shouldn’t have a good laugh at those moments!

We all know every class needs a 🤡!!!  I’m hopeful the Kalina’s don’t want her featured since the messes from last year are what got her removed from TC. 

I’m excited to see how all the knew candidates mesh with the existing team.  I can’t wait for show.

Please producers... no 💩show this year 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Well, VK announced she is back...1st pic her..2nd with Gina..3rd with alum..4th w Charlotte’s daughter..5th w 2 other candidates..6th with Kelli’s daughter..then bro and mom.  Yes, I know she knows them...some of these pics should be kept quiet...because not everyone has these advantages.

In life, some people like to hear about your fab vacations, networks etc with no jealousy and are genuinely happy for you but others can have different reactions.  If your trying to build a team...

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Isolabella said:

Her maiden name was Miller (when she was a DCC  )  and married name is Kalina.

• Love 2