Drogo
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Stee said:

7 spots

6 returning TC candidates

9 former Dallas Mavericks Dancers

+ a handful of talented TCU graduates

+ additional girls who have been prepping all year

= smaller pool of girls but INCREDIBLY competitive. 

I am expecting some vets to be cut - this could be an incredibly competitive season. 

Sadly, I think one correction needs to be made in the above calculations. There are 6 spots, not 7 spots at the start. We all know that VK is a done deal. Charlotte's daughter even tagged her (and only her) on her own IG today. For everyone other than VK, it will be an incredibly competitive season.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, go4luca said:

What was VK's #?

dlt0672_18_5_2019_16_55_13_495.jpg

Nice to see her moving to next round. Lacey did not make it to TC last year. He backstory kept haunting my thoughts, so I am happy for her. 

• Love 6

WOW... Long day/night of work and hadn't checked in a whole day. Love that this thread already has like 6 FULL PAGES of comments and coverage of prelims!

LOVE that Kristin Dodd will be in the next round.
LOVE that Taylor T will be in the next round.

You guys are so awesome for keeping me up to date with all this stuff lol.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Jennv said:

With the competition this year, I would be surprised if Kristin, Jazmin, Malena or Taylor T make it back. I’m betting only VK and Lily from last years cut girls get back to camp

Last year, the dancing of Taylor Tauss was not the problem. Her news consumption through 'news outlets' like Instagram was.

• Love 4

I have to say from the videos that I've seen so far on socials, I've not been impressed by many of the dancers so far. It looks like power and flexibility will be a major call for some of these women this year. Some of their kicks look average and they look 'noddle-y'. All plays into VK's hands as she does have both skills going for her. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Last year, the dancing of Taylor Tauss was not the problem. Her news consumption through 'news outlets' like Instagram was.

Yes I know , With competition very tight I’m not expecting Kelli to be forgiving. Especially since she acted like Taylor had kicked her puppy. 

1 minute ago, Jennv said:

Yes I know , With competition very tight I’m not expecting Kelli to be forgiving. Especially since she acted like Taylor had kicked her puppy. 

She acted like most of them kicked her puppy - Dayton, Madeleine, Lily, etc.  But she acted like VK gave her a litter of puppies 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Loodicrus said:

image.thumb.png.0e16314a1f575f492771f1c12da31787.png

Considering that her dancing is at VK’s level, too bad she wasn’t brought on just like VK.... that’s what the right connections will do for ya!

11 hours ago, go4luca said:

What was VK's #?

dlt0672_18_5_2019_16_55_13_495.jpg

MY GIRL LACEY. She is the only one non-tc girl I’ve ever liked enough to keep an eye on. If Malena and VK make it to TC and Lacey doesn’t, i’ll fly to Dallas myself to fight Kelli.

11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

She tried out in Season 9? and was cut in TC because she did not have the right shape for the uniform. She looks amazing!

That’s smart on her side though. She knows VK is a done deal and they won’t really be able to justify cutting her for not looking good in the uniform while keeping VK.

10 hours ago, BringItOn said:

Did FVK (f**ckin VK) even cheer in high school? As Jen said these candidates are "resumed".

I mean like her or not, Jen wouldn’t even let her own daughter on the team if she didn’t have what it takes. She would be far better than Kelli.

10 hours ago, Stee said:

7 spots

I am expecting some vets to be cut - this could be an incredibly competitive season. 

It’s sad though... It’s the first year I don’t see an obvious cut and we have so many good candidates to choose from. Sucks to know that VK will make it at the expense of one vet who’s proven herself or a tcu girl, a dmd, LACEY.

• Love 4

I didn’t get the impression Meagan, former Bucc cheerleader and thutt girl, was trying out again. I think she posted a throwback picture from when she tried out and was wishing girls that were trying out yesterday luck. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, go4luca said:

If VK didn't work with a nutritionist to change her eating habits and find a diet that will keep her lean enough to wear the uniform, I don't see her able to maintain the figure the uniform requires.

Woman, glad you're back.  You crack me up.

I never left 😜 I've just been quieter while living my best Disney life. 

8 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

I am either lost, stupid, or both. Probably both. But did they even commit to another show? I see lots of cameras but none of the dccmtt stuff. What am I missing? Regardless, the footage is so poor it's hard to really see "the talent here". I agree with comments about the horrible tacky auditions Hollywood wanna be sign.

Yes. I don't know if CMT has come out and announced it, but multiple people have asked Kelli and Judy about a new show on social media and been told that there will be a new season. 

4 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Sadly, I think one correction needs to be made in the above calculations. There are 6 spots, not 7 spots at the start. We all know that VK is a done deal. Charlotte's daughter even tagged her (and only her) on her own IG today. For everyone other than VK, it will be an incredibly competitive season.

VK was supposed to be guaranteed a spot last year and she shot herself in the foot. If the same VK shows up this year, she'll do it to herself again. I have no doubts. 

3 hours ago, Lona said:

WOW... Long day/night of work and hadn't checked in a whole day. Love that this thread already has like 6 FULL PAGES of comments and coverage of prelims!

LOVE that Kristin Dodd will be in the next round.
LOVE that Taylor T will be in the next round.

You guys are so awesome for keeping me up to date with all this stuff lol.

Did Lily make the next round?

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

It’s sad though... It’s the first year I don’t see an obvious cut and we have so many good candidates to choose from. Sucks to know that VK will make it at the expense of one vet who’s proven herself or a tcu girl, a dmd, LACEY.

Ehhh...I can think of a few Vets to ax to make more room. 

7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I am shocked they let Malena in the building after her epic meltdown  last year. Not everything was shown on tv. Girl move on.

She's reality TV gold though. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

VK was supposed to be guaranteed a spot last year and she shot herself in the foot. If the same VK shows up this year, she'll do it to herself again. I have no doubts. 

Did Lily make the next round?

Yes, she did:)

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Stee said:

7 spots

I agree 100%. I’m actually looking forward to this season and (hopefully) how cut throat earning a new or even existing spot will be. Survival of the fittest/prettiest/technicalist. LOL. 😂👏🏻

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I am shocked they let Malena in the building after her epic meltdown  last year. Not everything was shown on tv. Girl move on.

She has a lot of fans, so she could have been brought back for the drama.  But I was under the impression she was encouraged not to come back.  I still think she’s slightly cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I didn’t get the impression Meagan, former Bucc cheerleader and thutt girl, was trying out again. I think she posted a throwback picture from when she tried out and was wishing girls that were trying out yesterday luck. 

That is what I was thinking, as the picture posted was an old picture from when she tried out. 

• Love 3

Does anyone know if DCC usually allows walk up registrations? I saw Kelly’s IG post on Friday about walk up registration.  I wonder if this was posted after the DMD disbanding announcement on Friday and if it was done to allow DMD’s to audition. 

Does anyone know if that girl from last year, Merideth, made it to semi's?  I saw her on DCC IG page.  #108.  She bugged the crud out of me last year.  Kelli loved her, I thought she acted/looked stoned.

• Love 2
Just now, J-R said:

Does anyone know if that girl from last year, Merideth, made it to semi's?  I saw her on DCC IG page.  #108.  She bugged the crud out of me last year.  Kelli loved her, I thought she acted/looked stoned.

Yes she did 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

Happy Semi-Finals Day! 

May the odd be in the favor of the girls we like and may one get lost on her way in. 

PLEASE!  But let's make it 2 that get lost...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

She has a lot of fans, so she could have been brought back for the drama.  But I was under the impression she was encouraged not to come back.  I still think she’s slightly cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs 

I’d go with more than slightly!  Lol. The girl appeared not to be stable based off the way she acted when she was cut. Who wants someone like that on the team?  Memory issues aside she is a huge risk imo. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Looks like KaShara, Lacey, Jenn A and Jennifer teaching the combo.

I know Jenn A is Jenn Amburn but whose the other Jennifer?

Just now, MrsEVH said:

I know Jenn A is Jenn Amburn but whose the other Jennifer?

Jen Colvin she is a former dcc and a choreographer!! She did one of their technique Tuesday class 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Agreed!  First thing I thought, VK cant keep up that charade for long.  🤷🏽‍♀️

A few of the comments were not nice to her, but most of the sang her praises! 🤦🏽‍♀️

I saw that. There was a girl tagged in some of the comments named sarahkgautier whose a DSIG. I'm guessing she auditioned also. Anybody know if she's any relation to former DCC Kristin Gautier?

3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

. Anybody know if she's any relation to former DCC Kristin Gautier

I don’t think so. I think she’s married so probably married name. She’s very pretty

I have to say, after looking at yesterday's clips and today's on-field rehearsal, they must have shown the awful ones yesterday! Seems like many of the women pick up choreo well! 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, go4luca said:

So while Mr. Turning Tricks is in L.A. trying to find a barber (lol), he shared this.  Not a full enough shot for a complete comparison.  Wonder if @sleepyjean has one from last year?

turningtrickssince96_18_5_2019_11_13_1_265 copy.jpg

I did a double take thinking that was DCC Taylor sitting there.

22 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I have to say, after looking at yesterday's clips and today's on-field rehearsal, they must have shown the awful ones yesterday! Seems like many of the women pick up choreo well! 

If they've been on another pro/semi-pro team it probably isn't a problem. There's one girl in front row, middle who missed a turn.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

If they've been on another pro/semi-pro team it probably isn't a problem. There's one girl in front row, middle who missed a turn.

Could be an issue for Malena! Looks like that girl was marking it. Not a smart move!

• Love 1
Just now, DCCme said:

I did a double take thinking that was DCC Taylor sitting there.

It's probably her because it's from last year; it says 2018. Look how short Madi's hair is compared to yesterday. That looks like DCC Briana sitting in between Taylor and Madi.

19 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

CMT producers sitting in a room with Kelli and Charlotte.

Producers: It seems like we have a small number of girls trying out this year. Maybe we should take them all to Semi-Finals.

Kelli: Are you serious?

Charlotte: Hmmm... I like the idea. It can be something we never done before in the history of the show.

Producers: Right. Something to grab the attention of the fans and viewers. You know our motto: money, fame, drama and ratings.

Charlotte and Kelli: Okay lets do it!

Producers: oh wait, then we wouldn’t have any girls crying as their dreams are dashed shots.  Maybe just cut 10 of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

It's probably her because it's from last year; it says 2018. Look how short Madi's hair is compared to yesterday. That looks like DCC Briana sitting in between Taylor and Madi.

Thank you!  Now I no longer feel like I’m losing it 😉

I apologize that I haven’t had a chance to read through all of the comments yet so I may be repeating someone.... with the seemingly very low number of auditions at prelims, do they still recruit dancers?  Don’t they only start at semifinals? 

19 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I knew someone had beat me to it.  OH and yeah...."No Charlotte??"

Bet we will get a variation of “over x hundreds of girls applied”...but nothing remotely closely to we had 145 ladies show up today.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Well..those are some subtle and really flattering pants the alumni are wearing. Oops, my snarkiness is showing,

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Corky10 said:

Could be an issue for Malena! Looks like that girl was marking it. Not a smart move!

IMHO Malena was never an "official" cheerleader for the Jets FC. She was more like an appearances only girl. Don't know why they kept her; unless Denise felt sorry for her.

There are some NFL squads that have dancers and ambassadors (appearance only) like the KC Chiefs.

• Love 1
Just now, MrsEVH said:

IMHO Malena was never an "official" cheerleader for the Jets FC. She was more like an appearances only girl. Don't know why they kept her; unless Denise felt sorry for her.

There are some NFL squads that have dancers and ambassadors (appearance only) like the KC Chiefs.

The ravens also have a ambassador only squad to called the playmakers 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, DCCme said:

Do these pants make my butt and thighs look ginormous? Why yes, yes they do.

I kinda like that they are wearing something fun like that 🙂

Did I miss something?  Is Charlotte's daughter trying out or a judge or something??

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, DCCme said:

Well..those are some subtle and really flattering pants the alumni are wearing. Oops, my snarkiness is showing,

Hahahahahahahahaha omg omg I literally just thought “geez those pants even make tiny Lacey look like she has a big butt!” 😂😂😂😂

• Love 5