Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

If they don't like your face, it's over. Remember Courtney "Not an HD-ready face" and "Bring it On" girl from Season 8 auditions? She became a Patriots cheerleader last year.

I know this is true, but I don’t understand why they bring girls who don’t have the ‘dcc look’ into finals. Not talking about the Jinelles, girls like Gracie just don’t have the face and they know they won’t ever put her on the team because of that. It’s not like she can change her face and especially not in between semis and finals...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

If they don't like your face, it's over. Remember Courtney "Not an HD-ready face" and "Bring it On" girl from Season 8 auditions? She became a Patriots cheerleader last year.

I didn't want to say it, but I did suspect that her "looks" had something to do with it. It's too bad... 

• Love 1
Just now, dreamcatcher said:

I know this is true, but I don’t understand why they bring girls who don’t have the ‘dcc look’ into finals. Not talking about the Jinelles, girls like Gracie just don’t have the face and they know they won’t ever put her on the team because of that. It’s not like she can change her face and especially not in between semis and finals...

I have wondered that myself. My guess is that they want to see what they look like on the Big Board to make a final decision. In Courtney's case, she was very charming in person and was a decent dancer. But then they saw her on the board and that was it.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

This forum spills more tea because posters are anonymous. Some people don't want to loose their DCC or CMT jobs, get a friend of relative cut, or get cut themselves 😉

There are some on FB who are open about how they know things.  It's just "weak tea."

2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

This one. I think there's more VK fans on the FB boards

And Malena fans

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think they’ve reached their limit on blonde girls tbh. Pretty much all the blonde candidates they invited to tc look amazing and are great dancers apart from a certain someone. They can’t justify cutting 2-3 of them while keeping VK so...

I always respect your opinion. But TPTB don't have to justify anything, from what I have observed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jessa0984 said:

These shorts would be way more flattering to different body types than the ones the girls wear today. It honestly wouldn’t kill them to make the shorts bigger. I know Kelli mentions keeping up with the times/other squads, but if you are the standard that everyone wants to imitate, then why not do your own thing?

I remember when she said that, and it's funny because they are pretty out of step with the times now.  Ultra low rise waistlines are ten years out of date.

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

@sleepyjean excels at investigating prowess.  Thanks lady for all you do to keep us informed, lists and all!

Happy to contribute 😉

39 minutes ago, Roo22 said:
17 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:
i’m sorry but this is bullshit. I work in recruitment for a large company and while this would definitely count against a candidate, i would never disqualify someone for getting stuck due to unforeseen circumstances if that someone had informed me as soon as they realized they were going to be late. Especially if it’s true that two people had the same issue, you can’t punish them for something so stupid... and they’re just cheerleaders, calm your t*ts.

Well...yes and no. On the one hand, traffic happens to everyone. We've all been late to things that were extremely important. It's an awful feeling, especially if you've taken extra care to arrive early and still get screwed.

On the other hand, Kelli has been on the job for almost 30 years, and I bet she has heard a LOT of BS excuses from flaky young women. (Wasn't there a girl a few seasons ago who was late or didn't respond to an email or somesuch because she said her boyfriend didn't remind her to do it. Sorry...it's a vague memory.)  Maybe Raven's excuse is legit, and maybe she just was running late and didn't want to admit it. Kelli probably has a finely honed BS detector at this point, and could tell which it is, but she also seems to have hardened over the years and is less and less willing to accommodate any deviation from her plans. 

Realistically speaking, assuming Raven's story was legit, what should they have done? What would have been fair? They had 20 panel interviews scheduled that day and a lot of people, crew, and logistics in place to make it happen. If one girl is late, they're not going to push back all the other interviews, nor are they going to stay late to interview her on her own. And it would have been unfair to take her into TC without an interview.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BringItOn said:

I always respect your opinion. But TPTB don't have to justify anything, from what I have observed.

Definitely true! But they supposedly measure girls against each other based on certain characteristics so they will have to measure VK against the rest of the blondes at some point.

Still can’t believe they cut this girl and yet had room for the ‘beautiful storm’:

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Amy, Amanda Dilks, Gracie Blanchard, ??, Heather.

I say it is Julia Fife @juliafife. But someone else said it was Grace, who looks like Judy.

Still think its Julia Fife.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

she also seems to have hardened over the years and is less and less willing to accommodate any deviation from her plans

Wasn't it Kelsi Reich who couldn't attend her grandfather's funeral cause it was on a game day?  And we know of many girls who missed their graduations.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I say it is Julia Fife @juliafife. But someone else said it was Grace, who looks like Judy.

I also thought it was Julia.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

Still can’t believe they cut this girl and yet had room for the ‘beautiful storm

A storm, no matter how beautiful, always leaves damage in it's wake

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I remember when she said that, and it's funny because they are pretty out of step with the times now.  Ultra low rise waistlines are ten years out of date.

Happy to contribute 😉

Well...yes and no. On the one hand, traffic happens to everyone. We've all been late to things that were extremely important. It's an awful feeling, especially if you've taken extra care to arrive early and still get screwed.

On the other hand, Kelli has been on the job for almost 30 years, and I bet she has heard a LOT of BS excuses from flaky young women. (Wasn't there a girl a few seasons ago who was late or didn't respond to an email or somesuch because she said her boyfriend didn't remind her to do it. Sorry...it's a vague memory.)  Maybe Raven's excuse is legit, and maybe she just was running late and didn't want to admit it. Kelli probably has a finely honed BS detector at this point, and could tell which it is, but she also seems to have hardened over the years and is less and less willing to accommodate any deviation from her plans. 

Realistically speaking, assuming Raven's story was legit, what should they have done? What would have been fair? They had 20 panel interviews scheduled that day and a lot of people, crew, and logistics in place to make it happen. If one girl is late, they're not going to push back all the other interviews, nor are they going to stay late to interview her on her own. And it would have been unfair to take her into TC without an interview.

I see your point. I still think they should excuse getting stuck behind an accident because that will make you late even if you had left 1-2 hours early. Cut the girl who needs to date a human calendar to function. But yeah, not sure how they could accommodate true emergencies other than scheduling the interviews with a lot of break time in between them or being able to move people between groups if needed.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Kimber I believe was her name.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Definitely true! But they supposedly measure girls against each other based on certain characteristics so they will have to measure VK against the rest of the blondes at some point.

Still can’t believe they cut this girl and yet had room for the ‘beautiful storm’:

I so much want you to be right. I want them to debunk my cynicism.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I would say even more than ten years out of date. Ultra low waistlines were a thing late 90s/early 2000s. It was Britney/Christina, change of the millennium time when ultra-low waistlines were in fashion, by 10 years ago we were already on the verge of high-waist being back.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Plamena said:

I would say even more than ten years out of date. Ultra low waistlines were a thing late 90s/early 2000s. It was Britney/Christina, change of the millennium time when ultra-low waistlines were in fashion, by 10 years ago we were already on the verge of high-waist being back.

I would say high waist is already back but that low low rise thing has been over a while now, thankfully.  I guess I'm old, I never got it.  Needing a bikini wax to wear a pair of jeans seemed odd.  LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wasn't it Kelsi Reich who couldn't attend her grandfather's funeral cause it was on a game day?  And we know of many girls who missed their graduations.

There was a deleted scene on cmt for squad picture day. Simone was upset and crying because her friend was getting married on that same day.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

i’m sorry but this is bullshit. I work in recruitment for a large company and while this would definitely count against a candidate, i would never disqualify someone for getting stuck due to unforeseen circumstances if that someone had informed me as soon as they realized they were going to be late. Especially if it’s true that two people had the same issue, you can’t punish them for something so stupid... and they’re just cheerleaders, calm your t*ts.

Also whether the girl on Facebook is lying about knowing these people or not she brought up the really good point: if this was a clearly verifiable situation that did affect more than one person, they should have docked them points if need be, but still let them have a fighting chance especially someone on the team who never had a lateness issue before, they get thrown off the squad because of an accident? That’s just plain wrong and no employer even in the arts/performing world would fire someone because of a one time lateness that was out of someone’s control. But for all we know this is all a lie or maybe that was one of a multitude of reasons she was cut, maybe in addition to the possible lateness she WAS on weight warning and/or had a bad solo/really bad showing at finals. Maybe there were other issues all year. But if this one lateness was the only reason she was the ONLY vet cut? Yeah that’s beyond wrong 

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I see your point. I still think they should excuse getting stuck behind an accident because that will make you late even if you had left 1-2 hours early. Cut the girl who needs to date a human calendar to function. But yeah, not sure how they could accommodate true emergencies other than scheduling the interviews with a lot of break time in between them or being able to move people between groups if needed. 

It's a b***h of a situation, that's for sure. Adding a chair would be one reasonable solution, but they'd have to fit another person at the table and in the shot, and that might have presented other problems.

11 minutes ago, Plamena said:

You're right.  And the more I think of it, the more they should consider bringing back the older cut of the shorts. Kelli looked pretty cute in them and they'd still work today.  They could call it a return to tradition, and we know how they are about tradition!

KelliShorts.jpg.278634fb95cad4ebfce7a812d8eeb81b.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Not Julia, she was number 62 so wouldn’t be in same field group as Amy since she was number 1. 

6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

It's a b***h of a situation, that's for sure.

You're right.  And the more I think of it, the more they should consider bringing back the older cut of the shorts. Kelli looked pretty cute in them and they'd still work today.  They could call it a return to tradition, and we know how they are about tradition!

KelliShorts.jpg.278634fb95cad4ebfce7a812d8eeb81b.jpg

Yes. I definitely like these better. 

4 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Monday is the meeting.

Wow...no time to settle into a new place.  Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Squeek said:

Monday is the meeting.

Such a quick turnaround this year. Sucks for the TCC to have no break and heartbreaking for Gabby to have it all happen so fast. 

1 minute ago, Spunkyyy said:

Such a quick turnaround this year. Sucks for the TCC to have no break and heartbreaking for Gabby to have it all happen so fast. 

Are there any Asians in TCC?

Sad to see that Lacey didn't make it to TCC. Curious if we will be given a reason. She has nice pop and musicality in those videos. Side note, I want her legs. Nice and muscular while still looking lean. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

It's because they had the week gap in auditions, they've got to get started to have their time in training camp.  Personally I would have given people a few days at least but nope.

1 minute ago, Squeek said:

It's because they had the week gap in auditions, they've got to get started to have their time in training camp.  Personally I would have given people a few days at least but nope.

It's cause of that concert or whatever at the stadium.  I don't see why they couldn't reschedule that.  They should have known auditions are in May and that should have been the priority.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Not Julia, she was number 62 so wouldn’t be in same field group as Amy since she was number 1. 

I don’t think they were necessarily grouped by numbers out on the field but were grouped by hair color/similar looks. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, KatieC said:

I don’t think they were necessarily grouped by numbers out on the field but were grouped by hair color/similar looks. 

Nope they are definitely still in order but they are numbered by similar looks. For example 1-5 is a blond group, 6-10 would be a brunette group. 

1 minute ago, KatieC said:

They are, Judy groups them by similar look.  It's been said many times on the show.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

There are some on FB who are open about how they know things.  It's just "weak tea."

And Malena fans

I am in the fb group and think this forum has people who are more knowledgeable

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Happy to contribute 😉

The old shorts are awful tho, they cut off the girls lines. Look at how short and stubby all those girls legs look. That’s bc the shorts are too long. You can do high waisted costumes as a dancer, but then you need raise hemline above the hip socket to prevent cutting off your lines. And that look is just not NFL... that’s Kardashian style and while it’s sometimes cute in the gym or at a casual dinner, it doesn’t scream “cheerleader” to me nor do I think it’s that sexy.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

No, but I'm also  not expecting this board to just jump on the idea that Gabby was the one late when there's been nothing to indicate that. This is how rumors become fact that might actually be lies.

That's fair, and I agree. However, I mean in general. People frequently asked for "proof" when insiders come on here. I just want to know what they actually want.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think this is where a lot of the Gabby stuff is coming from, take it as you'd like: (copied directly, typos and all)

"Gabby was late to panel interviews. I have it on personal knowledge from a friend who was also late and didn’t make it to training camp that they didn’t let them interview at all. My friend was late because of a car accident that had traffic completelystopped for an hour. I feel like if this can be verified, they girls should still be given a chance to interview. Dock them in points but if their dancing is there then let them in to prove themselves. Things happen like accidents and even a normal job would understand."

Edited by Squeek
4 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Exactly. And I'd be careful sharing what's in that pm if I were a certain "insider." I can't imagine Judy and the DCC lawyers would be too thrilled with the third paragraph.

I never recieved it. Can you forward it to me? Messenger Janet Chapman Woods

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Squeek said:

I think this is where a lot of the Gabby stuff is coming from, take it as you'd like: (copied directly, typos and all)

"Gabby was late to panel interviews. I have it on personal knowledge from a friend who was also late and didn’t make it to training camp that they didn’t let them interview at all. My friend was late because of a car accident that had traffic completelystopped for an hour. I feel like if this can be verified, they girls should still be given a chance to interview. Dock them in points but if their dancing is there then let them in to prove themselves. Things happen like accidents and even a normal job would understand."

A normal job would understand? Not in my world. Every place I've worked at regardless of what your excuse was; you're late. Your pay is docked and it's counted against you like an  absence.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Squeek said:

I would say high waist is already back but that low low rise thing has been over a while now, thankfully.  I guess I'm old, I never got it.  Needing a bikini wax to wear a pair of jeans seemed odd.  LOL

High waist is def back in.

Just now, pisces125 said:

I am in the fb group and think this forum has people who are more knowledgeable

Lot of same people Just more anonymous here. I left one fbk group bc first of all I hate Facebook, second there was so much backstabbing and trash talking about posters not the show. Even too ugly for my blunt self.

RE: Gabby I was told she was cut for weight mostly and slight personality conflict like she was not rude or hateful but more snarky than DCC sweet and that didn’t come off well with all the yes Ma’am blank stare preferred attitudes. Like she’d snark joke sometimes esp at appearances and it was thought to be crossing the line. Also they have so many tall girls this year she looked out of place. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Wow...no time to settle into a new place.  Thanks 

This is what I've been wondering.  What did the out of state/out of town girls do?  Pre-pack all their stuff and look for apartments ahead of time?  I thought it's been mentioned here before that it's difficult to find an affordable and available apartment.  It's the reason why many of the TCC's room together. 

Man, what a short amount of turnaround to move your life to a different state or town.

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

This is what I've been wondering.  What did the out of state/out of town girls do?  Pre-pack all their stuff and look for apartments ahead of time?  I thought it's been mentioned here before that it's difficult to find an affordable and available apartment.  It's the reason why many of the TCC's room together. 

Man, what a short amount of turnaround to move your life to a different state or town.

I've seen where several of them legitimately live in their vehicles for a bit to find a place to live.  

4 hours ago, DanceChick said:

Exactly. And I'd be careful sharing what's in that pm if I were a certain "insider." I can't imagine Judy and the DCC lawyers would be too thrilled with the third paragraph.

This.

I haven't requested the PM (don't want it), but if anything in it could stir up possible legal trouble, I'd stay far, far away from propagating it.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Totally agree!!!  

I second that!

Some of the posters in the FB groups "claim" to be fans of the show but don't know much about it. The same questions get asked over and over again (ex: Is Tara auditioning again? or What vets are retiring?). One poster claimed it was Simone who was cut instead of Selina.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

So with Alexandra Pena (mini J-Lo), Gina Campagna from Midland Tx and Chandi Dayle there are more WOC candidates.  Still not enough IMO, because beautiful comes in all colors and make a bouquet even more amazing!

But what do I know, I’m just a sassy red headed white girl formerly from Atlanta, living in east Texas 

🌺🌸🌼🌷🌺 = 💐

I do not think that Gina Campagna is a WOC. She is from Italian descent. If she is a WOC, you have to include people of Italian descent and you have to include Gina Ligi and Christina Riccelli.

If we count the WOC without excluding the 'white passing', we have now in TC 9 girls out of 45, which is 20%:

1. Alexandra Pena (latin american descent)
  2. Chandi Dayle (south asian descent)
  3. Kat Puryear (african american descent)
  4. Kristen Dodd (latin american descent) 
  5. Alanna Tarango (latin american descent)
  6. Ashlee Ford (african american descent)
  7. Briana Baisden (african american descent)
  8. Cianna Levi (from all over the world)
  9. Tess Guidry (Louisiana Cajun descent)
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Squeek said:

I've seen where several of them legitimately live in their vehicles for a bit to find a place to live.  

Karissa Lynnae claimed she was. Some (Alex Hermes) stayed at hotels until they knew they made TC or found a place.