Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

I'm not watching VK MTT. You don't get my money CMT. Go fuck yourself Kelli and hang in there DCC.

I want to watch because I see a major DCC train derailment coming down the track if they take VK on the squad.

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Kat from a few years ago came to interviews with a dress that had cutouts and they crucified her. 

That was Brenda and I never understood why they took it to the extent shown.  Kat's dress looked modest and fine IMO.

• Love 11
Just now, MrsEVH said:

A few seasons ago a returning rookie named Kat wore a dress with small cutouts on the side. She was harrassed (IMHO) by a judge named Brenda.

I felt so bad for her. Brenda was rude. It was cringe worthy. The cut outs really weren’t THAT bad 

• Love 11

I will say this every time — if these girls are such “sisters” there is no way they pose for a picture perfect group shot minutes after a “sister” was cast away.

she was not a great a great dancer but the only girl I ever had respect for during tryouts was Danielle — she looked like crap crying over Jasmine in that group photo.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Not making excuses for her but perhaps because she's the daughter of an Alumni? 

Not just the daughter of an alumni, but also the daughter of Kelli's best friend.  There is absolutely NO way Victoria is going to get cut again unless she completely screws everything up like she did last year.  I wish Gabby hadn't gotten cut because she rocked it last year, but being on weight warnings all last year shouldn't have been enough to cut her thanks to Victoria's weight gain last year and the fact that Kelli was doing everything she could to get Victoria on the team despite the 11+ pound weight gain.  Someone mentioned that Gabby was late to the interview and, if true, that would have been enough to cut her. 

I'm also VERY glad that Brennan made it back.  She, Erin and Madeline M. are the three I absolutely wanted to make it back to Training Camp. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Was there a new Lacey that auditioned  (forgive me I'm getting sleepy)?  Vet Lacey Munoz retired.

yes, another Lacey who auditioned last season but didn't make training camp because they said her arms were too muscular or something along those lines 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Nobody said they had to take POC just to take POC. I understand the pocket of talent is smaller auditioning every year, but there has to be something said when there are a sea of blondes and brunettes and only 3-6 minorities make it to TC, not even counting the ones who actually make the team.

• Love 20
Just now, bigskygirl said:

I want to watch because I see a major DCC train derailment coming down the track if they take VK on the squad.

I'll watch, but I live on the West Coast, so I will read everything here before I watch the ep.  That way I know what to expect and sometimes, what to skip thru.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

TBH? I think the major derailment they will see soon is that there isn’t a market for this anymore. The DCC will be the Mavs dancers pretty soon.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Exactly! VK’s conduct - just from what was actually shown on tv - was UNFORGIVEABLE!

TC will be a nightmare for everyone with VK stabbing everyone in the back.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, loveaux said:

Nobody said they had to take POC just to take POC. I understand the pocket of talent is smaller auditioning every year, but there has to be something said when there are a sea of blondes and brunettes and only 3-6 minorities make it to TC, not even counting the ones who actually make the team.

Most people with understanding have known for a while that TPTB have a blind spot for diversity for years. It is a long run joke — hair color isn’t diversity, Kelly

• Love 5
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'll watch, but I live on the West Coast, so I will read everything here before I watch the ep.  That way I know what to expect and sometimes, what to skip thru.

I'm a West Coast girl too and I don't mind spoilers at all.  Plus the gossip and discussion here is too much fun to give up for several months.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Not just the daughter of an alumni, but also the daughter of Kelli's best friend.  There is absolutely NO way Victoria is going to get cut again unless she completely screws everything up like she did last year.  I wish Gabby hadn't gotten cut because she rocked it last year, but being on weight warnings all last year shouldn't have been enough to cut her thanks to Victoria's weight gain last year and the fact that Kelli was doing everything she could to get Victoria on the team despite the 11+ pound weight gain.  Someone mentioned that Gabby was late to the interview and, if true, that would have been enough to cut her. 

I'm also VERY glad that Brennan made it back.  She, Erin and Madeline M. are the three I absolutely wanted to make it back to Training Camp. 

I reckon there’s a pretty good chance that VK is clueless enough to screw up again. You can’t fix stupid

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, loveaux said:

Wasn’t insinuating they should, I’m just curious about that actual breakdown though. If there’s 400 or so people trying out, and only 25-50 are minorities, then it’s going to be a small percentage anyway. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

TBH? I think the major derailment they will see soon is that there isn’t a market for this anymore. The DCC will be the Mavs dancers pretty soon.

Kelli and Charlotte would fight to the death to keep the squad going.

3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Just curious before we have the diversity subject again, but genuinely want to know how many minorities audition each year? They’re not going to take minorities just because they need diversity, so it could come down to those who do audition didn’t shine? 

Who shines is such subjective criteria.  When VK makes it to training camp, or Rachel W who is clearly kicking in the wrong direction, yet there are 3 women of color out of 45 who make it to training camp, it is difficult to objectively determine who is truly "shining".  

• Love 16

I'm surprised they posted the TCCs picture so quickly. Wasn't it last year where it took awhile (days) before it was put up?

Is Kristin the only AAIA who made it to TC?

• Love 1

Kelli and Charlotte would fight to the death to keep the squad going.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Charlotte can do whatever she wants - there’s no one she needs answer to!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lmr29 said:

Does anyone else get annoyed with Haley (Charlottes daughter) always getting in random photos of the team ???? Judy’s daughter doesn’t do that ??

Meh, perks of your family literally owning the organization. 

• Love 4
Just now, Pinknblue said:

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Charlotte can do whatever she wants - there’s no one she needs answer to!

Sorry for the temp derail...didn't Charlotte have a major role in cutting a vet in a recent season?

• Love 1
Just now, DCCFanInKy said:

Sorry for the temp derail...didn't Charlotte have a major role in cutting a vet in a recent season?

She took a big dislike to Ann Lux and made an executive decision on her. And there’s probably more we don’t know about.

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

I mean should could. But the Mavs stopped the nonsense because it was a market failure. I wonder which way Charlotte would go if push came to shove

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Just curious before we have the diversity subject again, but genuinely want to know how many minorities audition each year? They’re not going to take minorities just because they need diversity, so it could come down to those who do audition didn’t shine? 

If they don't have enough woc trying out to have more than 3 to 4 girls in the training camp class (this isn't even the final team - it could end up being just Ashlee and Brianna), then they should do some soul searching about why that is and/or recruit better. This is supposedly the top NFL dancing team that there is. This is also Dallas, TX, the fourth largest metro area in the United States, not a small town in Idaho. It should not be that hard.

But beyond that, we know that they take girls with a variety of issues every year. It's not just VK. Girls make it into training camp and on to the team all of the time with issues, so it's all subjective as it is. 

• Love 14
Just now, Pinknblue said:

She took a big dislike to Ann Lux and made an executive decision on her. And there’s probably more we don’t know about.

Thx.  I didn't wanna say who but that's who I thought..  And on that note, goodnight all! 🙂

1 minute ago, Pinknblue said:

Definitely not annoyed. It is sad and weird though

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

Kelli wanted to keep Kalyssa because she was one of her favorites, but Charlotte told Kelli to cut her. I also bet Kelli wanted to keep Victoria last season, but Charlotte said no.

Edited by bigskygirl
9 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Does anyone know who these 2 are?  Thanks

2019 TCC - who~.jpg

Someone tagged bret_mccall (SF 49er Gold Rush)to the DCC instagram picture.  She's the brunette between Ashley & Taylor P.  Still don't know the blonde on the top row

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

If they don't have enough woc trying out to have more than 3 to 4 girls in the training camp class (this isn't even the final team - it could end up being just Ashlee and Brianna), then they should do some soul searching about why that is and/or recruit better. This is supposedly the top NFL dancing team that there is. This is also Dallas, TX, the fourth largest metro area in the United States, not a small town in Idaho. It should not be that hard.

But beyond that, we know that they take girls with a variety of issues every year. It's not just VK. Girls make it into training camp and on to the team all of the time with issues, so it's all subjective as it is. 

BINGO! Winner winner chicken freakin dinner!

• Love 15

Kelli wanted to keep Kalyssa because she was one of her favorites, but Charlotte told Kelli to cut her. I also bet Kelli wanted to keep Victoria last season, but Charlotte said no.

I thought Kalyssa left on her own to pursue modeling.

• Love 1

Sad that Gabby was cut...I really liked her! But I guess thats what happens when you're on weight warning for majority of the year, plus is she was indeed the candidate that was late to panel interviews. Automatic cut

Could've done with seeing a couple other returning girls cut (Taylor J, Savannah, etc.) This season sure is gonna be cut throat with only a few spots available!!

Disappointed but not surprised to see VK made it into TC. Not looking forward tp VK MTT 2.0 this August. 

Also happy that TPB didn't bring Malena into TC again for the ratings just to cut the poor girl and watch her have another meltdown. She's a beautiful girl and would be a wonderful ambassador, but the girl is just not DCC material .

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Why did Charlotte want kalyssa cut? I’ve been wondering for a while. 

Just now, laney said:

Gabby was not in the photo of the returning team members before finals today.

She is.  She is wearing gold or yellow in the back row next to Erin and Tess

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

I mean should could. But the Mavs stopped the nonsense because it was a market failure. I wonder which way Charlotte would go if push came to shove

Yes. She’s a smart business woman and I don’t think she values sentiment for its own sake. But Dallas being Dallas, there’s still plenty of currency in DCC as long as aspiring dancers still buy into the mystique and can be easily controlled. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Maybe the WOC who have that level of training and technique are also smart enough to not give up their lives and education for some part time barely minimum wage bull shoot.

You’re gonna go to school and be somebody then worry about shaking your ass for less than minimum wage. 

Edited by UnicornKicksBack
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9