Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Recommended Posts

I’m not surprised Heather isn’t in the triangle - she’s never been a powerful dancer. We saw her being outdanced just this year during show group auditions. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Very true, but you don’t go into a job interview and tell them that you are trying to get the job so you can build your resume and move on to something better as soon as possible - it’s a sure fire way to not get the job no matter how qualified you are. 

Agreed. I think the “stepping stone” thing is ridiculous in the way that Kelli leveled it against Madeline. Nothing wrong with a DCC dreaming of being on Broadway one day, and I think it’s questionable whether having DCC on the resume is even helpful in that regard.

Here, however, Julia literally mentioned her resume and building it with DCC. That’s different. It may be true, but you never say that during an interview process.  Had she just said that she wants to be a broadcast journalist or an anchor when she’s done dancing, I think that would’ve been fine, but she didn’t. I like Julia, but she gave them an easy reason for them to cut her.

  • Like 23
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yikes Julia! Don't tell them that.

Even pollyanna me can say that was unfortunate for her.   Kelli didn't think Kat did well, but I think she was fine.  I think she comes across as everyone's friend.  Kristen did well too.  All of them did.  Except Julia.

Trying to figure out how being a DCC enhances your resume for broadcast journalism.  Unless it is sports related?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, Julia, honey, it would’ve been better if you “had no words.’ One question — does the podcast have a video version? I thought it was odd to have Kristen sign for an audio broadcast.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Even pollyanna me can say that was unfortunate for her.   Kelli didn't think Kat did well, but I think she was fine.  I think she comes across as everyone's friend.  Kristen did well too.  All of them did.  Except Julia.

Trying to figure out how being a DCC enhances your resume for broadcast journalism.  Unless it is sports related?

poor julia! I really liked her. I have quite a few friends I cheered with in college who have gone on to work for different teams as sideline reporters and also local news anchors. I think its mostly because they were gorgeous and comfortable in front of the camera, not necessarily due to their sports knowledge. Still, that answer was cringe worthy on her part. 

I dont get Kat. I want to get her. I want to like her. I feel like im missing something that everyone else can see in her. somebody help me like kat!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Oh, Julia, honey, it would’ve been better if you “had no words.’ One question — does the podcast have a video version? I thought it was odd to have Kristen sign for an audio broadcast.

Yes. Or at least they did last couple of years with Shannon and Courtney. I hope they restart the podcasts again soon. There’s only so much True Crime/Murder I can take listening to on my commute! I need some fluff. Plus I found myself liking girls more after seeing them on the podcast. I always liked Brennan and Caroline but in a “yeah they aren’t bad” kinda way. After the podcast they did together, I absolutely love them both. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Even pollyanna me can say that was unfortunate for her.   Kelli didn't think Kat did well, but I think she was fine.  I think she comes across as everyone's friend.  Kristen did well too.  All of them did.  Except Julia.

Trying to figure out how being a DCC enhances your resume for broadcast journalism.  Unless it is sports related?

That clip of Julia is just shocking. If I recall there was a post when Julia was cut about her being set up by an opposing news station at media training. I’m looking forward to seeing if more is shown when it airs. She said what she said and I don’t know how that could be a set up or simply editing to make her look bad. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Mystery solved everyone. Julia messes up on the media training. Big mistake! Check out the preview! 

You let the "kat out of the bag" Julia and that's a gotcha moment for TPTB. Sadly, we can never unhear the content of what she said, and she is now living with the consequences, but honestly, why do they call it media "training" when it really seems to be media sink or swim. 

While I agree Julia should have known better, all the training seems to be after the fact. Such a shame, she would have been great on this year's team. 

Edited by PattiD4DCC
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Very true, but you don’t go into a job interview and tell them that you are trying to get the job so you can build your resume and move on to something better as soon as possible - it’s a sure fire way to not get the job no matter how qualified you are. 

So very true. Having a plan for your life is great, and using one job as a way to the next is how those plans get achieved, but you don’t say that in the interview! 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, KatieC said:

That clip of Julia is just shocking. If I recall there was a post when Julia was cut about her being set up by an opposing news station at media training. I’m looking forward to seeing if more is shown when it airs. She said what she said and I don’t know how that could be a set up or simply editing to make her look bad. 

Back in the day, Jordan was quite open (on the show and off) about parlaying DCC into a sports journalism career.  Kelly specifically mentioned during media training she wasn’t that great at it.

of course, Jordan just used that career as a stepping stone to being a WAG, so...

Edited by Lolfordays

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

She is one of my fav's and who ever decided she needed a new hair cut was right on point! There were too many long hair brunettes. I also love her body type, it's healthy and gorgeous. 

I agree so much. Her hair always bothered me. She looks more unique now and short hair makes you notice her face more. She doesn't meld into Molly etc. She does seem stronger this year and happy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if VK had messed up video training if she'd have been cut????  I think we all know the answer.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Regarding Kashara and her "honesty" that gets her in trouble.  Is she "honest" or is she one of those people who ramble on with no filter and excuse it as "Hey, just being honest!"?

She doesn’t really say anything over the top or offensive though, so I’m going to go with just honest. Believe me, I know and loathe the type you’re talking about, I know several!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

was VK part of Media training why was she not shown I think every time she talkes she has been coached. and with media training they would have had to stop the taping and go over what she was going to say

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

You let the "kat out of the bag" Julia and that's a gotcha moment for TPTB. Sadly, we can never unhear the content of what she said, and she is now living with the consequences, but honestly, why do they call it media "training" when it really seems to be media sink or swim. 

While I agree Julia should have known better, all the training seems to be after the fact. Such a shame, she would have been great on this year's team. 

Exactly. It isn’t media training. It’s a media test. 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

This shit is just so phony it makes me ill. Tptb all know these girls want to do bigger and better things, but God forbid they actually say they do, or they are immediately cut. For God’s sake, they bring Rycroft on every year to capitalize off her fame from DWTS and Bachelor, but if she had said during training camp that she was hoping to use this experience to get on the Bachelor they would off cut her instantly. No doubt told her not to let the door hit her in ass on the way out as well. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Jennv said:

but if she had said during training camp that she was hoping to use this experience to get on the Bachelor they would off cut her instantly. No doubt told her not to let the door hit her in ass on the way out as well. 

I didn't think of this comment until I read what you said.  Now I remember that most of them say they have dreamed of being a DCC their entire lives.  Julia left that out of her comments and sort of made it clear it really wasn't her dream, just a stepping stone.  

I think Chelsea even said she would be there "forever?"   Little did she know they would catch on to her BS.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

I know and loathe the type you’re talking about, I know several!

"I'm just keeping it real"..."I'm only saying what everybody's thinking"...UGH hate it!!!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ByTor said:

"I'm just keeping it real"..."I'm only saying what everybody's thinking"...UGH hate it!!!

Or “speak my mind” 😝

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Tptb all know these girls want to do bigger and better things, but God forbid they actually say they do, or they are immediately cut.

It's one thing to want to do bigger and better things, but saying "I'm using this opportunity to do bigger and better things" is the issue here.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Exactly. It isn’t media training. It’s a media test. 

And that is such a shame.  If you had pointed out the issues to Me-too Taylor and Julia and others, they would be the most likely to be very careful and very on their toes and very well prepared for the future!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Definitely not training. Would be training if given a presentation and some possible talking points. 

As for canned answers, Julia should know that you cannot voice having greater aspirations other than wanting to be a DCC. Sort of like wanting World Peace in Pageants. You have to go through the motions. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

It would be nice if they got media training provided, but they could use the Google machine to look up media training basics easily. This is always a part of the process, and they must know people get cut for it every year. I don't have a lot of sympathy for a major fail on this one. It takes about 20 minutes to google the basics and only a bit longer to ask your boot buddy about DCC specific pitfalls to avoid.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I wonder if VK had messed up video training if she'd have been cut????  I think we all know the answer.

She did mess up last year ... her answer to almost everything was "I have no words" you can tell by the look on Kelli's face she was not happy could see the immaturity showing. Weight and immaturity is what got her cut ...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Don't be fooled, Kelli cuts the girls she wants to cut and keeps the girls she wants to keep.  Period.

She is merely looking for things to justify making the decisions she already wants to make.  Me-too Taylor and Julia would have been cut for other (manufactured) reasons even if they'd passed the media test with flying colors.

Yup... so either we will see no VK coverage of or "what is your favorite color, Victoria?"

ok.. maybe... "how did you survive the meanies being mean to you?"

Victoria being coached for media day..

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

This shit is just so phony it makes me ill. Tptb all know these girls want to do bigger and better things, but God forbid they actually say they do, or they are immediately cut. For God’s sake, they bring Rycroft on every year to capitalize off her fame from DWTS and Bachelor, but if she had said during training camp that she was hoping to use this experience to get on the Bachelor they would off cut her instantly. No doubt told her not to let the door hit her in ass on the way out as well. 

The way Julia said it was just so bad though. It’s fine to be ambitious and use your life experiences as you move to other opportunities, you just don’t say you want the job for your resume when you are working to get said job. It sounds very selfish and most people would have know better than to put it that way, especially those with experience working in the media. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

It's one thing to want to do bigger and better things, but saying "I'm using this opportunity to do bigger and better things" is the issue here.

Right. I’m quick to criticize Kelli and the DCCs over antiquated practices, but this is just basic interview stuff.

Even if you’re interviewing for a summer internship, which a is by nature, a temporary position and a “stepping stone”, you’re probably not going to get the internship if you say that you plan to use the internship to build your grad school resume. That may well be true - your end goal may be grad school in a competitive program (and there is nothing wrong with that), but you can’t expect the company to invest money in you for an internship if you make it sound like that you’re just using it to further your career along. Keep that to yourself! 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, lah715 said:

She did mess up last year ... her answer to almost everything was "I have no words" you can tell by the look on Kelli's face she was not happy could see the immaturity showing. Weight and immaturity is what got her cut ...

Yeah, Kelli’s response to that disaster was “we need to help her find her words”. ????? Name one girl who has ever gotten such a response instead of a omg she’s such a liability, no way she can chat up a president like all dccs do all the time!!!!

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I wonder if VK had messed up video training if she'd have been cut????  I think we all know the answer.

Assume this is a rhetorical question... 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

😱That was painful to watch. 😱 Julia, you signed your own “this is your last night” marching papers with that response. Ask “Me Too” Taylor. She can relate.

Part of me wishes Scott had hit them up with a weather-related question since he’s Mr. Meteorologist.😆

I guess Kat had “too” many words. But at least she knew Jason Whitten was playing again and didn’t mess up that one (although adding “baby” did not help). Remember Zoe thinking Tom Landry was still alive?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Jennv said:

It’s super obnoxious that K and C get so offended by anyone who dares to think bigger than DCC. They want these girls to believe that DCC is the greatest achievement of their life, and it’s all downhill from there. Selfish and unrealistic, to the point of being downright dumb. 

Well, anyone that goes on a job interview should NEVER EVER say I want this job to "build my resume".  As someone already in broadcast journalism, she should already know this.  No interviewer wants to hear that a job is only something to build a resume.  It is really not selfish and unrealistic for an employer to want a prospective employee to really want a job for itself and not as a stepping stone, even though that may be exactly what it is.  You have to talk the talk to get the job.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

Judy’s hair 😍😍😍

I have such hair envy!  It's still gorgeous.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, IrishJig said:

I hate two things about this Julia situation.

1. Every other pro cheerleading team sells the experience as a stepping stone to bigger opportunities.  Heck, they are *proud* when their women achieve great things afterwards.  I know for a fact that a few even out right say ‘this can lead to many opportunities down the road’ at their auditions.  Unfortunately Julia was in training camp with the one team that doesn’t want to invest in its members.

2.  It is sooooooooo misogynistic to think women shouldn’t be ambitious. It just drips with misogyny.  This has nothing to do with building the DCC brand, and everything to do with misogyny.

And no one, well maybe with the exception of VK, will make a 30 year career out of it.

I’m sad for Julia. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Donna S said:

Well, anyone that goes on a job interview should NEVER EVER say I want this job to "build my resume".  As someone already in broadcast journalism, she should already know this.  No interviewer wants to hear that a job is only something to build a resume.  It is really not selfish and unrealistic for an employer to want a prospective employee to really want a job for itself and not as a stepping stone, even though that may be exactly what it is.  You have to talk the talk to get the job.

That is correct. It’s what you bring to the job not what the job does for you. 

And you can’t tell me that anyone who is stupid enough to say what Julia said would not be a huge media risk regarding other things she might be asked as a DCC. And another thing you can’t tell me she hasn’t had lots of media TRAINING with the degree she has.    

https://www.linkedin.com/in/julia-fife-328ab9105

Edited by KatieC
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

"I'm just keeping it real"..."I'm only saying what everybody's thinking"...UGH hate it!!!

Agreed! Enough with keeping it real — I’d rather keep it civil.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think her picture should be up instead of Abigail's in the tour.

When Nicole came back to do the Alumni segment last year, I thought she looked the most beautiful I have ever seen her!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I wonder if VK had messed up video training if she'd have been cut????  I think we all know the answer.

I am confused.  Does TK work for the Cowboys? Or did she used to?  I know she was a Cheerleader way back when..... What is her affiliation with the Cowboys year to date?

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to Melissa's podcast, Scott voted against VK, got the attitude from Charlotte and Kelli, but when she was cut, felt vindicated.  She wasn't ready and they shouldn't have given her a spot in TC.  Just a waste of time.

If Kelli and Charlotte really like someone that the judges don't, then the judges will usually change their answers.  Ooh!  Big surprise!  Melissa said that she reconsiders because maybe she missed something.

Melissa asked for questions for the podcast - more than half were about Meredith.  People want to know if the show is edited - is she better than what she see?  Even Scott still can't understand why she is still in camp.  He sees the same person from auditions.  Girls have been cut before for the same issues.  Everyone knows she is definitely Kelli's favorite, but he is just not on the Meredith bandwagon.  Why did Alexandra get cut and not Meredith.

Scott loved Brennan - loved her underdog story. 

Some didn't do well during media training - which isn't a surprise.  One basically said she was there to be famous - they didn't give names, but I think we know who it was.  It caused quite the commotion. 

Kalyssa was "kicked off halfway thru the year" cause she was more interested in posting risqué photos online

Scott was looking at IG accounts during panel interviews.  He asked some girls about their inappropriate postings, which surprised them that their social media would be looked at during the interview process

Melissa said they were weighed every day when she was a DCC.  There was a 5 pound variance allowed.  They aren't as strict these days, and they had an issue with girls getting too thin and the DCC addressed it.  They want healthy girls who look good in the uniform.

Scott originally felt that Erica was trying to gain notoriety with her lawsuit because she was comparing herself to Rowdy, who is a full time employee.  And Melissa is like everyone else who got paid $50 a game, wasn't paid for practice - did it for the love of it.  What bothered her about the lawsuit from Erica was that she still had DCC pics on her IG profile, years she cheered, would mention where she was being interviewed, talk about being a dance teacher, was promoting herself - but not discussing the issues, what needed to change, reason for the lawsuit, etc.  Using the DCC as a stepping stone while bashing it.

Thank you for recapping that, @scorpio1031! I meant to listen as I’m home sick today but my sickness took over and I slept away the day instead. What is Melissa’s podcast called? 

Love that Melissa admits that basically Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy pick the squad regardless of what the other judges think. But MRS chalked it up to something that she may have missed in the contestant. Surrrrrrrrrrre. Your gluten-free bread is organically non-fat buttered on the DCC-side, Melissa. 

In all reality, I actually like Melissa. She doesn’t get much love on the forums here, which I can understand, but I like her personality.  

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

What is Melissa’s podcast called? 

Logically Irrational.  I want to say the good stuff started about halfway thru.  Her and her hubby were talking about less important reality shows first 😛

12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Scott better be careful or he won't be asked back.

I think there would be pitchforks in motion if that happened:)  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size