Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CrysTvsky said:

Long time lurker, first time posting. 🙂

I'm surprised nobody has noticed the brunette that's preoccupied with her hair then messes up at 1:45.

I think this was Bridget

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, AgnesHorton said:

I think it would absolutely suck to know one made the team for the sake of diversity.  How demeaning.

Rest assured that Kat is NOT on the team for the sake of diversity. 

Her personality and who she is, is why she is on the team, I mean, come on, she shines bright whenever she is on! The camera loves her. 

Her dancing is not bad, it might not be Melissa Wallace level, but who is?!? WHO IS?

Furthermore she is also GORGEOUS!

Like Jess14 said:

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

However, I think Kat’s looks are helping her more than anything else. She’s gorgeous and continually gets called out for being gorgeous (rookie Meredith is in a similar boat in terms of struggling but being stunningly beautiful). If Kat looked like Keyra, whose look they never liked, she would be gone IMO, regardless of anything else.

Everything combined: 

Kat is NOT on the team for the sake of diversity. 

Also:

I cannot begin to explain how wonderful I think it is, that the veterans are so involved and supportive this TC. ❤️ 

Gina Maria completely feeling it, when Gina Marie messes up. You cannot fake that.

481662991_Screenshot2019-09-01at11_27_24.png.6d99e38082b399b16ad4de0cb5ad52e7.png

image.png

Edited by Pau84 · Reason: added
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Law Mom said:

I was thinking about Gina Marie's cut and how she said she would take classes and come back next year. I recall that she was starting her freshman year at SMU, so my initial thought was that she would be better off joining the Pom Squad where she get some relevant experience and could still take some extra classes. But then I saw that her Instagram, which used to say "Ephesians 3:20 Texas Forever SMU '23" now just says "Ephesians 3:20 Texas Forever." Did she decide not to go to college this year? Anyone have any inside info?

I think she would have missed the deadline to apply for SMU Pom this year.  Applications had to be in by early June.  

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Law Mom said:

I was thinking about Gina Marie's cut and how she said she would take classes and come back next year. I recall that she was starting her freshman year at SMU, so my initial thought was that she would be better off joining the Pom Squad where she get some relevant experience and could still take some extra classes. But then I saw that her Instagram, which used to say "Ephesians 3:20 Texas Forever SMU '23" now just says "Ephesians 3:20 Texas Forever." Did she decide not to go to college this year? Anyone have any inside info?

No, I think she changed it to Texas because of the shooting in Texas yesterday where 5 people were killed and 20 injured.

As far as Rachel taking off to decorate her classroom, my town had a Meet the Teacher night the night before the first day of school.  She very well could have had something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

I think she would have missed the deadline to apply for SMU Pom this year.  Applications had to be in by early June.  

No I mean that she took down "SMU '23" off her profile, as if she isn't even a student there at all. No moving into the dorm pics, nothing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Y’all probably have answered this already, but do the DCC’s normally have alternates? I’ve watched every season, and have read these boards for the last couple of years, and I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say they have alternates. If Kat is an alternate, I’m sad for her because she probably won’t get to perform that often. And, I would think that because she’s an alternate this year, she would be on the cutting block for next year. She is really beautiful so she may not get cut...but, the average cheerleader would probably be cut at the next tryout (just my thoughts). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Pksbena1 said:

Y’all probably have answered this already, but do the DCC’s normally have alternates? I’ve watched every season, and have read these boards for the last couple of years, and I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say they have alternates. If Kat is an alternate, I’m sad for her because she probably won’t get to perform that often. And, I would think that because she’s an alternate this year, she would be on the cutting block for next year. She is really beautiful so she may not get cut...but, the average cheerleader would probably be cut at the next tryout (just my thoughts). 

This is the first year I believe that they have chosen alternates 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am a Texas teacher, and I will say we spent 5 of our 7 “inservice/workdays” in meetings. Sadly, I, and many of my work colleagues, DO work at school on the weekends so it isn’t just the coaches who work on weekends. I average 9 hours and 42 minutes at my job daily and I am not even a classroom teacher. I’ve been a sped teacher for three years. The time and preparation it takes to be a teacher is a lot. That said, if they didn’t excuse girls for immediate family’s funerals, I have a hard time believing they’d willy-nilly let you off to decorate a classroom. Who knows though; this show has wayyy jumped the shark!

I haven’t really been watching. I keep falling asleep. I’m getting much more out of the pluto episodes.  Although they made some questionable decisions back then as well.

im surprised at this alternate thing. Kat and ??? Are alternates? Why? They had no problem doing a 37 formation three (two?) years ago when they weren’t sure about Yuko’s visa? I’ve had multiple numbers of cheerleaders. You can actually adjust formations. 😂

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Wait bc Kat is gorgeous (yes I’ll go along with that) & has a sparkling personality (that annoys the crap out of me) she makes the Team? Clearly she does not have the training needed to keep up. Perhaps that’s why they’re forcing her down our throats on every epi to distract us from her lack of dance ability... they wouldn’t give Gabby the respect to lose what 5 lbs in training camp yet they’ll give Kat a place on the team? TPTB have turned DCC into such a mockery of what it used to be...

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Wait bc Kat is gorgeous (yes I’ll go along with that) & has a sparkling personality (that annoys the crap out of me) she makes the Team? Clearly she does not have the training needed to keep up. Perhaps that’s why they’re forcing her down our throats on every epi to distract us from her lack of dance ability... they wouldn’t give Gabby the respect to lose what 5 lbs in training camp yet they’ll give Kat a place on the team? TPTB have turned DCC into such a mockery of what it used to be...

She was on weight warning all season and the only time she toned up was for calendar 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, Stee said:

Same reason Savannah and Jessika made the team (minus their sparking personalities) and the same reason Christina made the team (third year but still trying to find any redeeming qualities).  Even Brennan wasn’t perfect in either category but y’all seem to love her!

I hate when people point out a WOC makes the team but isn’t the best dancer or expects them to be 10/10 in all categories when we’ve seen myriads of other (white) girls make the team with far less.  People used to hate on Yuko for the same reasons, when there are lists of girls who weren’t great dancers like Breelan, Kat the rhythmic gymnastics girl or even Kelsey Lawrence (who actually reminds me of Kat too - gorgeous, great personality, maybe foot in mouth occasionally, but teachable).  

Diversity isn’t a reason to make the squad but neither is being mediocre but white - unfortunately it seems like many girls make it for that reason too.  

Edited to add: I’m not trying to make this about race, I’m just pointing out the double standard. 

No you’re absolutely right. I don’t agree that bland mediocre white girls get a pass but woc need to be 100% perfect to make the team. But I also think that most of us do criticize the white girls who get a special treatment too; it’s Kelli who needs to wake up. And since you mentioned Yuko, I know that she became really popular at the end, but I still don’t understand how she made the team. She wasn’t good at power pom and even by retirement, she couldn’t speak English well enough to say that she was a great ambassador or whatever. While I don’t agree that non-white girls should give it their 150% to make it, I also don’t agree with placing girls on the squad only because they come from a different country or are woc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Stee said:

hate when people point out a WOC makes the team but isn’t the best dancer or expects them to be 10/10 in all categories when we’ve seen myriads of other (white) girls make the team with far less.  People used to hate on Yuko for the same reasons, when there are lists of girls who weren’t great dancers like Breelan, Kat the rhythmic gymnastics girl or even Kelsey Lawrence (who actually reminds me of Kat too - gorgeous, great personality, maybe foot in mouth occasionally, but teachable).

I think there has been ton of backlash on this board when candidates don’t seem to measure up to “standards.” Look at the Victoria conversation from last year alone... tons and tons of comments about her dancing, her weight. Many girls have been “targeted” here including Breelan- go back and read her season.  There is continued conversation about Christina and Amy just to name a few. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

No you’re absolutely right. I don’t agree that bland mediocre white girls get a pass but woc need to be 100% perfect to make the team. But I also think that most of us do criticize the white girls who get a special treatment too; it’s Kelli who needs to wake up. And since you mentioned Yuko, I know that she became really popular at the end, but I still don’t understand how she made the team. She wasn’t good at power pom and even by retirement, she couldn’t speak English well enough to say that she was a great ambassador or whatever. While I don’t agree that non-white girls should give it their 150% to make it, I also don’t agree with placing girls on the squad only because they come from a different country or are woc.

Agreed. Everyone gets criticized, and I think there is plenty to criticize about Kat - her dance is mediocre at best, and she’s getting way too much screentime. 

I do think though that there’s a difference in the way the girls are talked about sometimes. Like, somehow the DCCs taking Emily because Kelli thought she was pretty or taking Savannah because Kelli wanted a redhead who is well-spoken, is just typical Kelli playing favorites (no big deal; it is what it is!), but if Kat makes it to add some diversity to the team, that’s somehow demeaning or particularly unseemly. That’s what I disagree with. Girls make it every year who struggle. Kat is just another one in that list of girls. And if they did take her to give off the impression that they care about diversity, I actually think that’s a better reason than we typically see for why the strugglers make it. The DCCs don’t just portray themselves as just a dance team, but as role models and ambassadors for America’s Team. If that’s what they want to be, then diversity should be relevant. 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I do think though that there’s a difference in the way the girls are talked about sometimes. Like, somehow the DCCs taking Emily because Kelli thought she was pretty or taking Savannah because Kelli wanted a redhead who is well-spoken, is just typical Kelli playing favorites (no big deal; it is what it is!), but if Kat makes it to add some diversity to the team, that’s somehow demeaning or particularly unseemly. That’s what I disagree with. Girls make it every year who struggle. Kat is just another one in that list of girls. And if they did take her to give off the impression that they care about diversity, I actually think that’s a better reason than we typically see for why the strugglers make it. The DCCs don’t just portray themselves as just a dance team, but as role models and ambassadors for America’s Team. If that’s what they want to be, then diversity should be relevant. 

preach jennifer lopez GIF by NBC
 
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

With that said, I don’t buy that she made it - and that’s if she actually is a full fledged member and not an alternate - for diversity. That implies that they actually value having a diverse team. If anything, I think they care that they were criticized about diversity, which is different.

THIS. Caring about diversity vs. caring that they were criticized about diversity are two entirely different things, and sadly the DCC organization is much more concerned with the latter.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know someone has asked about boot buddies this is what I have.

Alexandra- Savannah

Amanda- Gina

Bret- Tess & Erin

Chandi- Brianna

Kelcey- Heather & Bridget

Lauren- Lexie & Madeline Malloy

Lily- Amy

Lisa- Amber

Madeline S- Ashlee

Meredith- Christina & Daphne

Shaina- Rachel Alexander

Taylor P. - Miranda & Caroline

Victoria- Brennan

Not fully proven:

Kat- I have seen Maddie & Hannah on this board as being both of her boot buddies.  I'm assuming this is because Maddie was Hannah's boot buddy last year. I think Alanna was also Maddie's boot buddy last year so does Kat have 3 boot buddies this year?  It seem's like if the girl's still have a boot buddy on the team they shared a TCC. 

TCC Rookie's  that I do not know who their Boot Buddy is/ was:

Ashley Hancock

Gina Marie

Julia Fife

Kristin Dodd

Vet's that I do not have attached to a rookie TCC:

Rachel Wyatt, Cianna, Alanna, Alexis, Taylor J., Molly & Jalyn

I am assuming that since Alexis was Taylor J.'s boot buddy last year and Molly was Jalyn's boot buddy last year that they are probably sharing boot Buddies. If Alanna is with Kat as a boot buddy with Maddie and Hannah, This leave's 4 option's of Vet's left with the 4 rookies that are left.

Rachel Wyatt

Cianna

Alexis & Taylor J.

Molly & Jaylyn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

7bd557604e26058ecb044d0c4a96fd77.gif

Coming back from the dead after I got Khaleeshi'd by TPAB

This last ep. 

Kat is my girl and I love her.

VK is honestly the best DCC legacy they have had dance wise...people can hate, but she dancing better than most of the faves.

Those cuts legit took my eyebrows off!!! So harsh, but I kind of like it since they do sometimes bring girls along and they know they just dont have it. Which will later hurt the team in the long run to get dances down within their groups. 

However, since the groups this seasons are not dancing A1 it doesnt really matter hahah. 

I have a feeling that Kat is going to be a Jordan Chanley 2.0 and that she was on the bubble and Vets step-up and say they want her on the team and Rachel A. is sacrificing certain game days to let Kat learn the dances. Crazy I know, but I am theorizing 

Other theory Rachel is pregnant and by the end of season she won't be able to perform depending how far along she is. However, that theory dies do to Allstars...Idk idk...

Edited by Dal8las
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Taralightner said:

I think there has been ton of backlash on this board when candidates don’t seem to measure up to “standards.” Look at the Victoria conversation from last year alone... tons and tons of comments about her dancing, her weight. Many girls have been “targeted” here including Breelan- go back and read her season.  There is continued conversation about Christina and Amy just to name a few. 

Exactly! 100% factual.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It’s a bit random but I was thinking, why do most of these girls even audition? Kelli tends to questions their motives from time to time, but why not question VK’s motive too? She never cheered for any professional or college team, didn’t participate in a dance or cheer team during her high school years... so other girls get called out for using this as a stepping stone (as they should really), but someone who is clearly only doing this because she wants to be called dcc victoria is ok? And some of the other girls I get; they have tons of experience and do want to keep performing for a few more years so why not try for dcc. But then girls like Erin or Meredith who are both pretty into ballet, why do they suddenly want to do power pom? Not saying that Erin didn’t earn her spot, but the first time she auditioned she was so out of her element. If you suddenly decide that you want to be a dcc, i’d assume that you somehow fell in love with power pom and you’re doing your best to get up to speed.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Just being silly!  For those, like me, who rewatch the seasons.  🤪

0CCF9CB8-908C-4B02-B49E-3A4BD29B6EC5.jpeg

You need to add "Victoria was the best" to this. It was mentioned atleast 3 times in the Travis scene alone!

Edited by NMDD43
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TB12 said:

Wait bc Kat is gorgeous (yes I’ll go along with that) & has a sparkling personality (that annoys the crap out of me) she makes the Team? Clearly she does not have the training needed to keep up. Perhaps that’s why they’re forcing her down our throats on every epi to distract us from her lack of dance ability... they wouldn’t give Gabby the respect to lose what 5 lbs in training camp yet they’ll give Kat a place on the team? TPTB have turned DCC into such a mockery of what it used to be...

It wouldn't be the first time Kelli has done something like that.  There was the year "pretty little Emily", as Kelli called her, made the team.  That girl couldn't dance her way out of a wet paper bag.  Kelli just thought she was too pretty to cut.  I do like Kat, though.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

You need to add "Victoria was the best" to this. It was mentioned atleast 3 times in the Travis scene alone!

Girl, we could make a whole “Victoria: Making The Team Bingo” 😂😂😂😂

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

This last ep. 

Kat is my girl and I love her.

VK is honestly the best DCC legacy they have had...people can hate, but she dancing better than most of the faves.

Those cuts legit took my eyebrows off!!! So harsh, but I kind of like it since they do sometimes bring girls along and they know they just dont have it. Which will later hurt the team in the long run to get dances down within their groups. 

However, since the groups this seasons are not dancing A1 it doesnt really matter hahah. 

While I agree with some of your points like cutting girls who just don't have what it takes to be on the squad, I do have to disagree with one point and it might just be on how you worded it.  I don't think that Victoria is the best legacy they've had.  She's far from it.  Even Cassie was better than Victoria and this is coming from someone who doesn't like Cassie at ALL (and from someone who thinks Cassie shouldn't have made it her first OR her last year).  

I don't know if you meant that Victoria was the best legacy option they had this year or the best legacy to ever have made the squad, but I would have to disagree with most interpretations of the phrase.   Victoria is NOWHERE close to being the best legacy they've ever had audition and is probably among the worst.  She is also among the weakest dancer on the squad (along with Christina) in terms of technicality and skills, though I will admit she does have some power and pop which other girls don't have.  I can only hope that Victoria will actually learn some of those skills while on the squad, including spatial awareness (awareness of those around her), personal awareness (awareness of herself), how to turn, and how to hold a conversation that DOESN'T center on herself.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, NMDD43 said:

She seemed a little crass asking Alexandra "why do you keep coming back?" during uniform fittings. It must sting a little to be on the receiving end of that question. You want so badly to be on this coveted team that keeps rejecting you, and then you have the director asking you why you keep trying. 

I don't know. That whole scene just sat weird with me. Especially knowing she gets rejected by the organization again. It's just got to hurt a little knowing you are never good enough for their exclusive little club.

I agree, I didn't like that exchange at all. Kelli knew the answer and it was like she wanted to hear it from her to stroke her own ego. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

While I agree with some of your points like cutting girls who just don't have what it takes to be on the squad, I do have to disagree with one point and it might just be on how you worded it.  I don't think that Victoria is the best legacy they've had.  She's far from it.  Even Cassie was better than Victoria and this is coming from someone who doesn't like Cassie at ALL (and from someone who thinks Cassie shouldn't have made it her first OR her last year).  

I don't know if you meant that Victoria was the best legacy option they had this year or the best legacy to ever have made the squad, but I would have to disagree with most interpretations of the phrase.   Victoria is NOWHERE close to being the best legacy they've ever had audition and is probably among the worst.  She is also among the weakest dancer on the squad (along with Christina) in terms of technicality and skills, though I will admit she does have some power and pop which other girls don't have.  I can only hope that Victoria will actually learn some of those skills while on the squad, including spatial awareness (awareness of those around her), personal awareness (awareness of herself), how to turn, and how to hold a conversation that DOESN'T center on herself.

k, we def watching a different show. 

Also to add, you said she is worse than Cassie....that is a joke (imo). You said she is in the same realm as Christina?? No Maam, regardless of show edit...she was dancing well last year too..... She fell out of turns, so have a lot of good vets...it happens...your opinion is your opinion though. 

The more and more they show her dancing she dances pretty well...I mean it's right there...

I'm just not on the VK hate train sorry.

Edited by Dal8las · Reason: add more than just k..
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

She seemed a little crass asking Alexandra "why do you keep coming back?" during uniform fittings. It must sting a little to be on the receiving end of that question. You want so badly to be on this coveted team that keeps rejecting you, and then you have the director asking you why you keep trying. 

"I came back to be America's Sweethearts, Often Imitated, Never Equaled, Internationally Acclaimed, Your Dallas Cowboys's Cheerleaders Kelli Sis"

tenor.gif?itemid=5958053

Edited by Dal8las
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

k, we def watching a different show. 

Victoria MAY be out-dancing some of the rookies, but that isn't hard to do with the group currently there.  This rookie class was particularly weak and THAT is more on Kelli and Charlotte than anything Victoria did or is doing.  There are only a handful of really good dancers among the rookies and the rest are average or mediocre.  I count Victoria among the average and that's being generous for me. Unless I'm mis-remembering, only Ashley H was knocked out for something that could reflect badly on the DCC and that was due to rumors about a previous relationship and an offer to buy her a spot on the squad.  There were rumors about one or two others, but when there are 13 rookie candidates in camp and only what, 3 or 4 who are good-to-great, then that's a problem and a reflection on the management.

However, Victoria is NOT out-dancing the majority of the veterans and I'd even hesitate to say she's out-dancing the weaker vets, though it is certainly possibly she's doing so.  I'll wait to see how she's doing when we actually get video of her performing that ISN'T highly (and selectively) edited to see how she REALLY performs.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Victoria MAY be out-dancing some of the rookies, but that isn't hard to do with the group currently there.  This rookie class was particularly weak and THAT is more on Kelli and Charlotte than anything Victoria did or is doing.  There are only a handful of really good dancers among the rookies and the rest are average or mediocre.  I count Victoria among the average and that's being generous for me. Unless I'm mis-remembering, only Ashley H was knocked out for something that could reflect badly on the DCC and that was due to rumors about a previous relationship and an offer to buy her a spot on the squad.  There were rumors about one or two others, but when there are 13 rookie candidates in camp and only what, 3 or 4 who are good-to-great, then that's a problem and a reflection on the management.

However, Victoria is NOT out-dancing the majority of the veterans and I'd even hesitate to say she's out-dancing the weaker vets, though it is certainly possibly she's doing so.  I'll wait to see how she's doing when we actually get video of her performing that ISN'T highly (and selectively) edited to see how she REALLY performs.

Like the ones you see on Twitter 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Victoria MAY be out-dancing some of the rookies, but that isn't hard to do with the group currently there.  This rookie class was particularly weak and THAT is more on Kelli and Charlotte than anything Victoria did or is doing.  There are only a handful of really good dancers among the rookies and the rest are average or mediocre.  I count Victoria among the average and that's being generous for me. Unless I'm mis-remembering, only Ashley H was knocked out for something that could reflect badly on the DCC and that was due to rumors about a previous relationship and an offer to buy her a spot on the squad.  There were rumors about one or two others, but when there are 13 rookie candidates in camp and only what, 3 or 4 who are good-to-great, then that's a problem and a reflection on the management.

However, Victoria is NOT out-dancing the majority of the veterans and I'd even hesitate to say she's out-dancing the weaker vets, though it is certainly possibly she's doing so.  I'll wait to see how she's doing when we actually get video of her performing that ISN'T highly (and selectively) edited to see how she REALLY performs.

Like I said, your opinion is your's and mine is mine.....

12 hours ago, Pau84 said:

481662991_Screenshot2019-09-01at11_27_24.png.6d99e38082b399b16ad4de0cb5ad52e7.png

image.png

Daphne's rib cage yikes

  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Has anyone seen this..it shows how Amy and Maddie transition to point which is cool.

It’s very cool it looks way better in person you actually get to understand it better 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Also this vid which im pretty sure yall have seen..However, why??? I love Jenn C, but this aint it imo

The music is terrible Little Mix's worst song ever. Not only that it def exposed the soft serve girls Amy, Caroline, Tess etc that they have no flavor. The choreography is not that good either hahahah 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It’s very cool it looks way better in person you actually get to understand it better 

Can't wait to see!!!!

Also, as much as TS is iconic I'm ready for a new song....it doesn't do anything for me anymore...The Ahhh AHHH AHHH does sometimes...however nothing else in that song does....

I would love a song like this!! hahahah I swear I would legit get kicked out for dancing to hard in the bleacher area, but like it gets me going...obvs they would have to chop and remix it a bit. So there isn't those awkward pause moments and make it a litte faster...but hello yall feel me. Also have to get Beyonce's ok and put new lyrics....Also, all 36 girls would actually have to be able to hit beats...so no Kashara's, Amy's, Holly's, Maddie's at point only Nicole Hamiltons, Mia, and Crystals... hahahah

Edited by Dal8las
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Has anyone seen this..it shows how Amy and Maddie transition to point which is cool.

I never knew that every kick of the kickline is to a cymbal crash.  It makes so much more sense why the choreo is what it is!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I never knew that every kick of the kickline is to a cymbal crash.  It makes so much more sense why the choreo is what it is!  

I'm pretty sure they add the cymbals to emphasize the kicks...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Hey that's the first time I've ever sat and watched the Thunderstruck dance. Ha I liked it.  I've never been a big fan of that song. It's probably my least favorite AC/DC song. The beginning is cool but I don't care much for the rest either. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Can't wait to see!!!!

Also, as much as TS is iconic I'm ready for a new song....it doesn't do anything for me anymore...The Ahhh AHHH AHHH does sometimes...however nothing else in that song does....

I would love a song like this!! hahahah I swear I would legit get kicked out for dancing to hard in the bleacher area, but like it gets me going...obvs they would have to chop and remix it a bit. So there isn't those awkward pause moments and make it a litte faster...but hello yall feel me. Also have to get Beyonce's ok and put new lyrics....Also, all 36 girls would actually have to be able to hit beats...so no Kashara's, Amy's, Holly's, Maddie's at point only Nicole Hamiltons, Mia, and Crystals... hahahah

And the ladies are getting a hang of it looked good !! It’s diffrent and They are getting hang of it tho !! Several ladies move spots not just Amy and Maddie 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Victoria MAY be out-dancing some of the rookies, but that isn't hard to do with the group currently there.  This rookie class was particularly weak and THAT is more on Kelli and Charlotte than anything Victoria did or is doing.  There are only a handful of really good dancers among the rookies and the rest are average or mediocre.  I count Victoria among the average and that's being generous for me. Unless I'm mis-remembering, only Ashley H was knocked out for something that could reflect badly on the DCC and that was due to rumors about a previous relationship and an offer to buy her a spot on the squad.  There were rumors about one or two others, but when there are 13 rookie candidates in camp and only what, 3 or 4 who are good-to-great, then that's a problem and a reflection on the management.

However, Victoria is NOT out-dancing the majority of the veterans and I'd even hesitate to say she's out-dancing the weaker vets, though it is certainly possibly she's doing so.  I'll wait to see how she's doing when we actually get video of her performing that ISN'T highly (and selectively) edited to see how she REALLY performs.

Exactly... VK has terrible technique and dances heavy, which is exactly what got Caila cut. Not that it would ever get VK cut. This much anyone can tell from the videos she has on her page. What I will give her is that she has a lot of energy and power, which is the only reason she looks good on the show. The only clip I watched of her dancing on the show was when she was dancing next to taylor and shaina. People kept saying she looked amazing but in reality she wasn’t finishing any moves and was dancing way too spastic and out of control in an effort to look “big and bold”. I guess it works and no fan in the stands is going to notice bad technique unless she reverts back to her old ways of dancing into other people’s space and bring some poor girl down with her. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Victoria is not the best dancer on the team or even the best dancer among the rookies. I respect that others have divergent opinions and see something different than what I see. What I will submit is that reality television is not designed to present reality; it's designed to tell a narrative. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've watched enough Real Housewives shows and Big Brother seasons to know that production can splice together scene segments to tell any story that they want. For DCC: Making the Team, this year's narrative is that Victoria is amazing, so those are the only scenes we are going to see.  For the average viewer, the narrative will work, but for anyone who chooses to investigate further (AKA - watch videos on Instagram), the narrative falls apart.

  • Like 18
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dal8las said:

Has anyone seen this..it shows how Amy and Maddie transition to point which is cool.

Did Tess mess up around 2:54?  I would have thought she would have done the move with the rest of the triangle.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I hope this works for y’all 

Thank you for the video! Can I ask though if they normally dance in a specific formation? They all seemed to be dancing on their own line and it looks like all groups look the same? It might just be me, but it looks really messy and it takes away from their dancing imo.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size