Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Recommended Posts


21 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Is it me or does that hairstyle make Charlotte look younger? I actually like it.

I think she looks like an old hag who is trying way too hard, but I also think she is a bitch on wheels, so maybe I’m biased 

21 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Anyone else think it was cruel to put that Road to DCC girl on the bad dancers clips? I mean she really is not up to par with last year’s rockstar rookie class but neither are basically any of this year’s TCC candidates, but why be mean when she’s really working hard and investing a lot of emotion and time into this? Just give her a you’re not quite there no and don’t embarrass her on TV.

I agree, because she went to all their prep classes and I know they know who she is. 

18 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Haha hadn't we better move this to the "Owner's group" forum lol?  BTW I can't believe Charlotte's 53 according to Wiki ....She's the same age as one of my best friends and doesn't look a day over 35

Seriously? I think she looks 60

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Seriously? I think she looks 60

Right there with you girl.  Not even with magic mushrooms could Charlotte look 35. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

This is from at least a year ago, if not more. It was posted here last year during Training Camp as I recall.

That picture was from this year on his IG.  This is the one from last year.  (He has the same expression in every picture.)

  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I think @DCCFanInKy is saying her friend looks 35, not Charlotte.

35 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

BTW I can't believe Charlotte's 53 according to Wiki ....She's the same age as one of my best friends and doesn't look a day over 35

Well if that's the case, a missing pronoun would come in very handy, lol.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/17/2019 at 7:49 AM, PattiD4DCC said:

Thank G referenced in FTLOG!

Whether it's from bad edits with CMT or Kitty herself, she was becoming increasingly grating.  With the exception of Morgan and she who deserves our respect, if a candidate had Kitty's approval she was usually a good dancer and DCC ready. So I used to not mind her being tough on the girls regarding dance, but when she started dabbling in their locker room discussions and appearance and hair (pot! kettle!)) she became tough on me, the viewer. Yah?

Of course, last season strained the credibility of almost anyone associated with the show. 

I've always loved Kitty. Still do. She has a heart of gold and really cares about each and every DCC as well as the DCC organization itself. She wants DCC to always be world class and to be a premiere NFL cheerleading team. Yes, she has her opinions on who should and shouldn't make it. But it's out of love that she gives her critiques.  I know a few former DCCs and they have told me that CMT scripts the show extensively. They want sound bites from people on the show that fit their narrative. They ask very specific questions off camera to get the answer they are looking for. For example the producer interviewing a DCC/TCC for a "talking head" might ask the person being interviewed: "Do you feel that Betsy is struggling in training camp?" "Do you think her dancing needs improvement, her makeup, her kicks?" They ask questions until they get the answer they want. Kitty is very straight forward. If CMT was forcing answers from her that she didn't like last year, then I'm not surprised she isn't on the show this year. She wouldn't put up with it a second year in a row if she was told to say last year "give Victoria the respect to lose the weight" when she really didn't believe Victoria had earned her spot. JMHO.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I think @DCCFanInKy is saying her friend looks 35, not Charlotte.

3 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

No actually I was talking about Charlotte.  My friend is 53 and looks around 45ish

OK lets clarify.  Charlotte looks 45-55 and my friend who is 53 looks like she's in her late 40s.  New subject pls. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Is it me or does that hairstyle make Charlotte look younger? I actually like it.

I like it too. Charlotte looks great right now.  I do think she looks around her age, but in a very Dallas way. I would have said late 40’s early 50’s, but I’ve lived in Dallas most of my life and am used to that look 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Donna S said:

That picture was from this year on his IG.  This is the one from last year.  (He has the same expression in every picture.)

My bad, sorry! It just looked so similar. You’re right. 

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for whoever told me about this podcast. Milan was one of my favorites and how she talks about pretty much what we have spoken about on here. Look, diet, crazy schedule, politics, etc.

I mean it does kind of go back to the girls def should be paid more. The Dallas Cowboys are worth 5 billion dollars. These girls do a lot for little pay, I find it super sad how they are treated. 

The time where she talks about the juice cleanse and losing 7 pounds  being her stay/rookie weight throughout her time on the squad is so damaging. Why I got upset about Gabby being cut, because she was just loose. Some girls bodies are just like that. I get sad when they say certain girls are out of shape when they are not, because it's a precursor to eating disorders. I think they need to be held accountable for pushing such unhealthy ways. 

I personally think the DCC need a huge shift in health and mental awareness.

The whole story of Kitty Carter pretty much disrespecting Milan on being a student over SG was eye opening. She doesn't name her, but I remember it being her in the episode.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3-milan-brahney-balancing-being-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader/id1460166106?i=1000439168200

She speaks about them caring when she quits, but the fact that they don't realize how douchey they can be to the girls is like.....um hella they are the queens of the RBFS. 

Edited by Dal8las
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Donna S said:

That picture was from this year on his IG.  This is the one from last year.  (He has the same expression in every picture.)

Somebody please tell me where I can get a hot chocolate Godiva cake!?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

What is that bird and where did you get that? LOL too cute!

It's a Heron.  Found it on IG.  These things have a way of finding me, lol. 

@jasonedwardsng - he's a photogragher for National Geographic.

Anyway, thanks for being such a good sport! 👍😉

Edited by go4luca · Reason: added name of bird
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Louimo2005 said:

I've always loved Kitty. Still do. She has a heart of gold and really cares about each and every DCC as well as the DCC organization itself. She wants DCC to always be world class and to be a premiere NFL cheerleading team. Yes, she has her opinions on who should and shouldn't make it. But it's out of love that she gives her critiques.  I know a few former DCCs and they have told me that CMT scripts the show extensively. They want sound bites from people on the show that fit their narrative. They ask very specific questions off camera to get the answer they are looking for. For example the producer interviewing a DCC/TCC for a "talking head" might ask the person being interviewed: "Do you feel that Betsy is struggling in training camp?" "Do you think her dancing needs improvement, her makeup, her kicks?" They ask questions until they get the answer they want. Kitty is very straight forward. If CMT was forcing answers from her that she didn't like last year, then I'm not surprised she isn't on the show this year. She wouldn't put up with it a second year in a row if she was told to say last year "give Victoria the respect to lose the weight" when she really didn't believe Victoria had earned her spot. JMHO.

Hey Kitty - why don't you call Miranda "Grandma Moses" and criticize her hair.  We'll tell her it's just part of the script so she doesn't start to cry and get upset.  

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 10
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Anyone else think it was cruel to put that Road to DCC girl on the bad dancers clips? I mean she really is not up to par with last year’s rockstar rookie class but neither are basically any of this year’s TCC candidates, but why be mean when she’s really working hard and investing a lot of emotion and time into this? Just give her a you’re not quite there no and don’t embarrass her on TV.

Yeah. I’ve been way harsh on road to DCC girl on these boards, but even I thought that was shitty. She had former DCC commenting on her posts etc. so you know they know who she is. I’m one hypocritical bitch because in her case, I think she could’ve used a dose of Kitty Carter as a reality check, and y’all know how I feel about Kitty. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

59 minutes ago, Sillisusu said:

If I could like this again, I would. #truthbomb

For me, the problem is not who is a group leader.  The issue is that Jenna enabled Holly by GOING WITH HER to the clubs.  Jenna knew she was underage, she knew Holly was breaking rules and by going with her, she was helping Holly break the rules, therefore being complicit in the act.   If Jenna says "Nope, Holly. You are underage, you aren't supposed to have a fake id (a felony btw) and go to clubs. I'm sure as hell not going."  Holly MAY go on her own, but then Jenna doesn't know and doesn't have to tattle or withhold the truth.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Louimo2005 said:

I've always loved Kitty. Still do. She has a heart of gold and really cares about each and every DCC as well as the DCC organization itself. She wants DCC to always be world class and to be a premiere NFL cheerleading team. Yes, she has her opinions on who should and shouldn't make it. But it's out of love that she gives her critiques.  I know a few former DCCs and they have told me that CMT scripts the show extensively. They want sound bites from people on the show that fit their narrative. They ask very specific questions off camera to get the answer they are looking for. For example the producer interviewing a DCC/TCC for a "talking head" might ask the person being interviewed: "Do you feel that Betsy is struggling in training camp?" "Do you think her dancing needs improvement, her makeup, her kicks?" They ask questions until they get the answer they want. Kitty is very straight forward. If CMT was forcing answers from her that she didn't like last year, then I'm not surprised she isn't on the show this year. She wouldn't put up with it a second year in a row if she was told to say last year "give Victoria the respect to lose the weight" when she really didn't believe Victoria had earned her spot. JMHO.

This isn’t season 1 or 2. This is season 14!  So it’s just curious why she would have a problem now and not years ago. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Hey Kitty - why don't you call Miranda "Grandma Moses" and criticize her hair.  We'll tell her it's just part of the script so she doesn't start to cry and get upset.  

How about this one:

Hey Kitty - why don't you tell Kelli that Victoria has "earned the respect" to have time to lose weight!!  Yeah, that'll go over well!!

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

4. Round 1 does not include the returning DCC veterans.  This year, 29 of the 36 DCC members are returning to compete with the rookie hopefuls in Round 3.  As for Round 1, 81 rookies have previously auditioned for the DCC.  Of those 81, 16 made it to final rounds and 5 made it all the way to DCC Training Camp but didn’t survive the final roster reductions.

I am confused 😐 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, loveanddcc said:

Why would that matter? Fox doesn’t own Julia. She can have two different contracts yeah? 

Because Charlotte isn’t going to give publicity to a personality from another network when she is in a deal with the NBC affiliate.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, MamaMia said:

4. Round 1 does not include the returning DCC veterans.  This year, 29 of the 36 DCC members are returning to compete with the rookie hopefuls in Round 3.  As for Round 1, 81 rookies have previously auditioned for the DCC.  Of those 81, 16 made it to final rounds and 5 made it all the way to DCC Training Camp but didn’t survive the final roster reductions.

I am confused 😐 

It's a badly written paragraph.  It should have said "As for Round 1, 81 girls have tried out for the DCC before.  Of those 81, 16 have made it to finals, and of those 16, 7 have made it to DCC Training Camp, but did not make the final squad."

Edited by scorpio1031 · Reason: forgot Jackie
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

28 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

This isn’t season 1 or 2. This is season 14!  So it’s just curious why she would have a problem now and not years ago. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe because over the years, the show has made Kitty more of a caricature of herself that has developed into something she no longer wants to project? 

Who knows what lines were actually Kitty's or ones the CMT Producers wanted her to say.  The line last season asking K&J to give Vic the "respect she deserves" to get 11+ lbs of weight off AT WEEK 11, when no other TCC would be allowed that amount of leeway, made Kitty look beyond ridiculous.  I have no idea if this was the final straw, but I wouldn't blame her if it was this, something similar or cumulative.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's a badly written paragraph.  It should have said "As for Round 1, 81 girls have tried out for the DCC before.  Of those 81, 16 have made it to finals, and of those 16, 7 have made it to DCC Training Camp, but did not make the final squad."

I agree. Now, I understand. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Tootie said:

How about this one:

Hey Kitty - why don't you tell Kelli that Victoria has "earned the respect" to have time to lose weight!!  Yeah, that'll go over well!!

Hey Kitty - Tell us this girl's leaps are A1

giphy.gif

  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Maybe because over the years, the show has made Kitty more of a caricature of herself that has developed into something she no longer wants to project? 

Who knows what lines were actually Kitty's or ones the CMT Producers wanted her to say.  The line last season asking K&J to give Vic the "respect she deserves" to get 11+ lbs of weight off AT WEEK 11, when no other TCC would be allowed that amount of leeway, made Kitty look beyond ridiculous.  I have no idea if this was the final straw, but I wouldn't blame her if it was this, something similar or cumulative.

Now I wonder where they were originally going with the whole Milan thing, cause K&J and Kitty came off looking supportive about her choosing school over SG.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I realize he’s super successful and on his way to being super rich but DUDE IS CREEPY. 😂😂😂😂😂

Victoria better be careful -- she will be on WW before the season even starts.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Accidentally found this on Hannah's IG. She is at a Michelle Keys class and she looks good and then I realized the girl in red in none other than VK! Ummm, no comparison at all, Hannah slayed this combo! 

How was the camera not drawn to VK?

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now I wonder where they were originally going with the whole Milan thing, cause K&J and Kitty came off looking supportive about her choosing school over SG.

I never saw it as supportive -- I thought it was pretty self serving --"see we aren't just a bunch of barbie doll cheerleaders, we stress education."  Kind of like Miss America not being a beauty pagent but a scholarship competition.

Not saying you can't be both - but in the case of DCC, it was for the camera and done to make them look good.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now I wonder where they were originally going with the whole Milan thing, cause K&J and Kitty came off looking supportive about her choosing school over SG.

That's what I remember too! However, Milan said they edited it so it looked like she was emotional about school and they were supportive. She says though the true filming was just her getting drilled and pretty much made to feel as if DCC should be treated greater and she never felt validated.

With her saying VK deserves the respect was wild to me...I was like isn't this the same woman that called out vets and got them cut for being soft. I was like either she is becoming nicer or the hair dye finally got to her.... 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

That's what I remember too! However, Milan said they edited it so it looked like she was emotional about school and they were supportive. She says though the true filming was just her getting drilled and pretty much made to feel as if DCC should be treated greater and she never felt validated.

With her saying VK deserves the respect was wild to me...I was like isn't this the same woman that called out vets and got them cut for being soft. I was like either she is becoming nicer or the hair dye finally got to her.... 

I think Kitty took a big SM hit last year along with VK -- people were left wondering where her credibility went when it came to VK and the idea that she could lose 11 pounds in the three weeks left in training camp -- that and the sticker debacle.

I know where her credibility went -- Tina's back pocket which is a convenient location when you are kissing ass.

Did anybody see the FB post that showed Tina and Kitty joining in TS at someone's wedding?  I couldn't watch -- i was afraid of gagging on my keyboard.

Edited by MTTFan
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I think Kitty took a big SM hit last year along with VK -- people were left wondering where her credibility went when it came to VK and the idea that she could lose 11 pounds in the three weeks left in training camp -- that and the sticker debacle.

I know where her credibility went -- Tina's back pocket which is a convenient location when you are kissing ass.

Did anybody see the FB post that showed Tina and Kitty joining in TS at someone's wedding?  I couldn't watch -- i was afraid of gagging on my keyboard.

that was Michelle Keys wedding and yep, they were there dancing their little hearts out

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, viccib said:

that was Michelle Keys wedding and yep, they were there dancing their little hearts out

I thought it was her wedding because of that picture with everybody outside the studio -- JMHO but Keys looked awful in that pic.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I never saw it as supportive

That's why I said "looking supportive" 🙂 cause you know while Kelli is bragging to the cameras that they have girls who have jobs or are students, she is also pulling girls from games for missing practice due to a work commitment (ie - Khalyn).  Or like Milan said, they have to attend appearances and miss class, although there are other girls who can go.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I actually was shocked last year with Kitty’s comment about Victoria.

By not being involved in taping I think has gone a long way for her credibility.

Is Kitty still going to be helping the girls and just not getting involved in taping?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I like it too. Charlotte looks great right now.  I do think she looks around her age, but in a very Dallas way. I would have said late 40’s early 50’s, but I’ve lived in Dallas most of my life and am used to that look 😂

meaning she has overdone Botox, but I can tell she follows her dermatologist’s instructions better than Kelli and Judy... who I just want to remind not to forget their décolletage. It’s a dead giveaway when your face looks young and your chest doesn’t. A quick laser treatment should fix the problem...   

honestly the DCC need beauty consultants to tell them these simple things like... I see sun spots, get IPL. You lost too much fat under your eyes, time for restalyne. I know they have a sponsorship with Setty plastic surgery but it’s beyond obvious that no one is sitting them down and telling them what exactly will improve their appearance the most. They’re probably just giving them money to use for facials, laser hair removal, or whatever they chose. They need real consults. But I understand why they don’t get them bc real consults cost real $$$

.... and setty isn’t even the plastic surgeon I’d choose in Dallas if I wanted the best. They should be consulting on the girl’s skincare routines and procedures in the exact same way that they have Marshall consult with hair. 

Edited by loveanddcc
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Anyone else think it was cruel to put that Road to DCC girl on the bad dancers clips? I mean she really is not up to par with last year’s rockstar rookie class but neither are basically any of this year’s TCC candidates, but why be mean when she’s really working hard and investing a lot of emotion and time into this? Just give her a you’re not quite there no and don’t embarrass her on TV.

I thought it was in poor taste and the clip they showed didn't come off as that bad. I don't think her dream was realistic, but I also don't think she is the worst person to walk through the door. 

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now I wonder where they were originally going with the whole Milan thing, cause K&J and Kitty came off looking supportive about her choosing school over SG.

Kelli knows they have to come off a pro-education, when in reality, they're DCC before everything. 

1 hour ago, MTTFan said:

I think Kitty took a big SM hit last year along with VK -- people were left wondering where her credibility went when it came to VK and the idea that she could lose 11 pounds in the three weeks left in training camp -- that and the sticker debacle.

I know where her credibility went -- Tina's back pocket which is a convenient location when you are kissing ass.

Did anybody see the FB post that showed Tina and Kitty joining in TS at someone's wedding?  I couldn't watch -- i was afraid of gagging on my keyboard.

If Kitty took a SM bashing, frankly, she deserved it. 

I didn't watch that video---anyone have a link? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, edie3 said:

How was the camera not drawn to VK?

Don’t worry, even though only about 1/8 of Victoria was on that video for a handful of seconds, I still saw her step out of her turn ... 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I thought it was in poor taste and the clip they showed didn't come off as that bad. I don't think her dream was realistic, but I also don't think she is the worst person to walk through the door. 

Kelli knows they have to come off a pro-education, when in reality, they're DCC before everything. 

If Kitty took a SM bashing, frankly, she deserved it. 

I didn't watch that video---anyone have a link? 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just slogged through pages here to get all caught up, and have a few comments.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't think solos have much bearing on who actually makes training camp. It gives tricksters the opportunity to show off what they can do, but in the long run it doesn't matter if a girl can spin like a top or can touch the ceiling with her leaps, because the girls don't do that on the field anyway. It's power pom dancing.

A really strong solo can get you noticed, so the judges pay more attention to you when you're auditioning on the field and during the kickline. On the other hand, a poor solo will also make them watch more closely, but as long as you can dance with the group, have strong kicks, and look like a DCC, it doesn't matter.

Also- everyone calling Malena "Melena" is seriously making me laugh. "Melena" is a medical term for dark, tarry stools that you see with an upper GI bleed. The stools appear dark because the blood is digested. Please stop calling her Melena for my sake!

Edited by ClosetBachJunkie
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 11
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Who is the woman with the black slit dress? I really didn't need to know her panties were lavender. Talk about some cash and prizes shot...

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I love catching up on this forum when I'm a ton of pages behind. Gives me something to do for 10-15 mins haha.

First off, I finally got around to watching the finals episode, and guys... Gabby :(. I think I've made it pretty clear that she was one of my favorite rookies from last year, if not my No. 1 favorite. So this is a totally biased answer. I really really REALLY do not think she should've been cut. Not over Victoria, not over Chrstina. I mean, come on! I get that the weight was a problem, but if Victoria can be "given the respect," why can't, ya know, AN ACTUAL VETERAN be given it. UGH...so frustrated.

REALLY appreciated Madeline's answer about not considering herself a legacy because she had to earn it. What a refreshing idea!

Also, it seems to be that Kelcey is the rookie that has so far flown under the radar. Just wanna say, she's freaking drop-dead gorgeous and I have no idea why I didn't notice her earlier ;).

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Who is the woman with the black slit dress? I really didn't need to know her panties were lavender. Talk about some cash and prizes shot...

think it's Crystal Trevino...

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, viccib said:

think it's Crystal Trevino...

Trisha.  Crystal is in the green dress up front, showing everyone how a pregnant lady can still dance to TS:)

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size