Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, MamaMia said:

 If one makes show group, Is that person pretty much on the team? 

It's my understanding that the rookies that make show group are considered "alternates" on show group and I would assume they are still eligible to be cut up to the very last minute.  Someone with more knowledge than I ( @ShellyB? )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

☝️Nailed it.

Latest preview is up. 👇

So, since Chandi, Kat and Gina C all wore yellow.......I guess next year maybe 50% of the candidates will be sparkling in highlighter yellow?

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

It's my understanding that the rookies that make show group are considered "alternates" on show group and I would assume they are still eligible to be cut up to the very last minute.  Someone with more knowledge than I ( @ShellyB? )

@ShellyB responded to this not too long ago saying there aren't really alternates for SG per se.  Although not the norm, I would hazard a guess a rookie who made SG could be cut if warranted.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.21.25 AM.png

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/3/2019 at 9:21 PM, Indy Shopaholic said:

I froze my DVR & counted. There were 7 rows of 16 girls in the stands. That’s 112 ladies trying out, so 101 made it to semis, only 11 were sent home.

Whoa... Seriously?!?

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I would hazard a guess a rookie who made SG could be cut if warranted.

I always got the sense that any TCC that made SG meant they had made the squad. Have any SG TCC ever NOT made the squad?

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Donna S said:

The museum changes out and rotates the exhibits so people see different things when they go.

My husband did some research and the museum stated that the DCC donated some items but they're are hoping to have a new exhibit some time in 2020, but no guarantee.  Either way, Kelli shouldn't have bragged they were already featured in the new museum! Ha! It was last year they donated the items!  

Edited by TUOwl84
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

I always got the sense that any TCC that made SG meant they had made the squad. Have any SG TCC ever NOT made the squad?

I thought someone said Sunni Cranfill made SG the first year she tried out, but was then cut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't recall any SG TCCs who then didn't make the squad their rookie year--and I don't think they showed much if anything about SG in season 3, Sunni's first time trying out--but I do remember Abbigal Klein and last year's rookie Amber both getting called out after making SG. Kelli told Abbigail not long after SG that if she danced like that at SG auditions, she wouldn't have made it and that she needed to remember making SG didn't mean making the team. And last year, they called Amber out for not performing well on media training day. She was the one who got chewed out for not knowing about the discussions around flag football as a means to reduce head injuries in the sport. It was kind of an unfairly phrased question, because Brenda just said "they're talking about" flag football, which sort of implied the NFL as the "they." Such a suggestion was kind of funny, because no way are they turning the NFL into a flag league; but, really, the discussion is around flag football instead of tackle for young people. I get it, DCC should be up on such things, but that definitely was the hardest and ambiguously phrased question I heard asked that day. Anyway, they told Amber they were weren't going to send her on SG appearances yet because they worried about her ability to talk with folks and represent and she needed to work on that. I feel like Amber gets overshadowed a lot mostly because she hardly appeared on the show last year, but she is a stellar dancer, and she has beautiful eyes and an amazing figure. I was a fan last year and still am.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Working at home have 1st epi on in the background how did I not notice Kat's really bad microbladed eyebrows? Can that trend just go away please? She is way too over the top with arrogance, again i know i'm in the minority with this one...  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I can't find who pointed this out, but I went back and rewatched the first episode and I agree that it was Kelli's voice that said "I hoped that she'd come back stronger" when they were deliberating about VK.  Of course we don't see her actually say this so this could be editing and she was actually talking about someone entirely different and they used the audio here.  It also could be "I had hoped she would come back stronger ... and boy did our girl deliver!"  Who knows.  

Also, with VK's spacial awareness issues, I'd be really interested in hearing an honest evaluation of how she does marking the entrance.  Girls really struggle hitting those lines every year.  

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Well I guess I offended MR 😛 when I left a response on the "who's your fave auditioner" post on IG from DCC MTT saying she, as a judge, was my least favorite thing. #sorrynotsorry

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

I can't find who pointed this out, but I went back and rewatched the first episode and I agree that it was Kelli's voice that said "I hoped that she'd come back stronger" when they were deliberating about VK.  Of course we don't see her actually say this so this could be editing and she was actually talking about someone entirely different and they used the audio here.  It also could be "I had hoped she would come back stronger ... and boy did our girl deliver!"  Who knows.  

Also, with VK's spacial awareness issues, I'd be really interested in hearing an honest evaluation of how she does marking the entrance.  Girls really struggle hitting those lines every year.  

Me too, it sounds like Kelli to me.

15 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I don't recall any SG TCCs who then didn't make the squad their rookie year--and I don't think they showed much if anything about SG in season 3, Sunni's first time trying out--but I do remember Abbigal Klein and last year's rookie Amber both getting called out after making SG. Kelli told Abbigail not long after SG that if she danced like that at SG auditions, she wouldn't have made it and that she needed to remember making SG didn't mean making the team. And last year, they called Amber out for not performing well on media training day. She was the one who got chewed out for not knowing about the discussions around flag football as a means to reduce head injuries in the sport. It was kind of an unfairly phrased question, because Brenda just said "they're talking about" flag football, which sort of implied the NFL as the "they." Such a suggestion was kind of funny, because no way are they turning the NFL into a flag league; but, really, the discussion is around flag football instead of tackle for young people. I get it, DCC should be up on such things, but that definitely was the hardest and ambiguously phrased question I heard asked that day. Anyway, they told Amber they were weren't going to send her on SG appearances yet because they worried about her ability to talk with folks and represent and she needed to work on that. I feel like Amber gets overshadowed a lot mostly because she hardly appeared on the show last year, but she is a stellar dancer, and she has beautiful eyes and an amazing figure. I was a fan last year and still am.

I also don't remember a time that a TCC that made SC and didn't make the final cut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

16 minutes ago, Kmbaker said:

Me too, it sounds like Kelli to me.

I thought it was Judy who said "I had hoped Victoria would be stronger this year" and she was immediately talked over by Kelli, Charm and Melissa laughing about Victoria's fall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

I thought it was Judy who said "I had hoped Victoria would be stronger this year" and she was immediately talked over by Kelli, Charm and Melissa laughing about Victoria's fall.

That's what I thought.  I mean, would Kelli really say something like that about VK?  She thought she was strong last year🙄

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

That's what I thought.  I mean, would Kelli really say something like that about VK?  She thought she was strong last year🙄

It was Kelli, it was her voice pretty much

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Working at home have 1st epi on in the background how did I not notice Kat's really bad microbladed eyebrows? Can that trend just go away please? She is way too over the top with arrogance, again i know i'm in the minority with this one...  

I happen to agree with you.

Her eyebrows do not look natural and they are the first thing I see when they show her  up close.

The HoneyBees have a ton of beautiful girls just like Kat so she’s loving all this being the “special” dancer with her “special” ( and much needed I might add) look 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I still think on the field Maddie will be just cute, fun fresh and dynamite as a point! 

This shot just posted on IG

EC643991-4617-4349-A926-44AF7C367B96.jpeg

  • Like 22
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, RockYou said:

I still think on the field Maddie will be just cute, fun fresh and dynamite as a point! 

This shot just posted on IG

EC643991-4617-4349-A926-44AF7C367B96.jpeg

Yes to that 100 times!! I think she will do just fine 🙂 

  • Like 16
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

My husband did some research and the museum stated that the DCC donated some items but they're are hoping to have a new exhibit some time in 2020, but no guarantee.  Either way, Kelli shouldn't have bragged they were already featured in the new museum! Ha! It was last year they donated the items!  

So if they donated some things, does that mean the museum had no intention of making a new exhibit until the DCC "donated" some items? WOW!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

No offense to Marshall, but I think he implied he’s VK’s hairdresser when he said she has matured so much this year and blahblahblah. Anyway, why the hell is her hair just like a wig then? I know he’s a good stylist so I suppose it’s another case of no one being able to get through to her?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bupbupbip said:

It was Kelli, it was her voice pretty much

So in that clip Judy said nothing about VK's prelim audition?

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Must be nice to have your best friend interning on the IG account🙄

Last year I kept track of VK's faults during TC... now I'm gonna keep tabs on how often she shows up in thumbnails and other garbage:

1. Thumbnail for episode 1 on CMT.com
2. Thumbnail for episode 2 promo
3. At least three appearances as a thumbnail/photo on the official MTT Instagram page. (1 | 2 | 3)

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, kevinrm45 said:

Last year I kept track of VK's faults during TC... now I'm gonna keep tabs on how often she shows up in thumbnails and other garbage:

1. Thumbnail for episode 1 on CMT.com
2. Thumbnail for episode 2 promo
3. At least three appearances as a thumbnail/photo on the official MTT Instagram page. (1 | 2 | 3)

Alright!  Are we all ready for Cassie/Veruca 2.0?  And DCC Brides Veruca? (insert eye roll)

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, jlc said:

So if they donated some things, does that mean the museum had no intention of making a new exhibit until the DCC "donated" some items? WOW!!

This article states that an exhibit is in development and is expected in 2020.  My annoyance is from Kelli already making it seem they are already on display, since last year 😆  Oh well...perhaps another trip in 2020! 

https://americanhistory.si.edu/press/releases/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am not sure that those choreographer dots are the same as in the picture.  Those dots are much larger than what is in the picture. 

Share this post


Link to post

39 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

So in that clip Judy said nothing about VK's prelim audition?

Yeah, kelli said it and the Judy started to tal after her

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

@ShellyB responded to this not too long ago saying there aren't really alternates for SG per se.  Although not the norm, I would hazard a guess a rookie who made SG could be cut if warranted.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.21.25 AM.png

Thanks.  I was thinking she had after I posted but not coming up with any posts.

Edited by DCCFanInKy · Reason: changed some wording

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

I feel like Amber gets overshadowed a lot mostly because she hardly appeared on the show last year, but she is a stellar dancer, and she has beautiful eyes and an amazing figure. I was a fan last year and still am.

BINGO! When the first season squad posting was made I had no idea who Amber was, and the show didn't help either in that department.  Throughout most of the season, I actually still didn't know who she was. But then I realized that maybe I was focusing too much on what I saw on the show, and not taking into account what was happening on the field.

At the end of the day, I'm slowly learning not to take too much from what I see on TV in terms of dancing ability.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Thanks.  I was thinking she had after I posted but not coming up with any posts.

No prob and happy to help.  I searched the forum for "alternate" and looked at Shelly's newer posts since I'd remembered her posting about it recently. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

When will the team be announced in the newspaper? Pre season is coming up, do DCC perform at pre season games?  Can you tell me what week this is in TC? It goes for ten weeks, right? I am dying to know who the last 3 cuts are. 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Bigfan123 said:

When will the team be announced in the newspaper? Pre season is coming up, do DCC perform at pre season games?  Can you tell me what week this is in TC? It goes for ten weeks, right? I am dying to know who the last 3 cuts are. 

The only preform at the pre season home games !!! And I’m not sure what week they are in bc they have had rookie week and such so not quit sure 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kevinrm45 said:

The Case Against VK - 2018 edition:

  • Could not hold her turns during Finals
  • Gained 11lbs since auditions (which were still obvious on the night she was cut)
  • Disrespected a member of DCC staff (who was also a well-respected 5 year veteran of the squad and current (now former) All-Star)
  • and then only apologizes to Jinelle as an afterthought
  • Had low kicks
  • Missed the leg lift
  • Had many other corrections from Kelli, Judy, KaShara to name a few
  • stumbled through the Media Day training #therearenowords
  • during the scene with the 4 group leaders, the only sticker she had was from Kitty (not Judy, Kelli, Melissa or Nick Flores)
  • Kelli cuts Tara for not "giving them her A game" and being "in a slump"...
  • ...while not cutting Jenna and Holly for legitimately breaking the rules in 2017
  • Had no problem cutting another DCC Legacy four weeks earlier for fewer reasons
  • Had much more going against her when others simply had memory mistakes or were blending
  • and when she is finally cut, the reasons are "comprehensive"

    ...but was not cut until 1 week before the first game and was not in any way a shoo-in even though she was the daughter of Kelli's best friend since 1984. Gotcha.

2019

To be continued. Guaranteed.

Last year, Victoria’s boot flew off her foot in the kick line. 

They showed her sitting on the grass in the kick line putting her boot back on and all you heard was Judy say something like “You need a smaller boot!”

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

We've heard that VK is a studio hopper - once someone tries to critique her, off she goes.  Has that included what happens when she doesn't stay in her space?  What I don't understand is why it is so hard to for her to understand that not only could she injure someone else, but she herself could get injured.  She could have very easily slid on that pom, twisted her knee or her ankle, and that would have been it for this year.

I can say right now that if news were to come out that VK injured herself or someone else while dancing I wouldn't be surprised. She could have easily hurt someone at the audition when she fell out of her turn. If the chairs had been a little closer to the dance floor she could have hit one of them and whoever was sitting in it. If she'd fallen in the other direction to her left, she could have hit the girl who was dancing next to her. She's so concerned with being bold in her dance moves she doesn't consider the possibility that she'll take someone else out. Of course maybe that's her master plan.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/3/2019 at 8:51 AM, M1977G said:

Keep checking iTunes to see if episode 1 is up yet (of course, it's not), but the banner at the top of the Reality TV section says that the entire season of season 13 is free right now. So, if anyone wants to own season 13 who doesn't already, this is your chance! 

Doh! That’s what I get for procrastinating...I kept putting off getting S13 on iTunes (‘I’ll do it first thing Monday,’ he said...) & now it’s no longer free...

Blah! Oh well...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

If I remember, Brennan has no red sticker which means Travis Wall isn't a fan. He wasn't keen on her last year, was he?

God if Travis Wall is going to fawn over VK (a girl who is coasting through training camp on the strength of her mother's friendship with Kelli) & discount Brennan (who got into training camp multiple times on her own merits/talent, took the lessons from each attempt & came back better & did it all with a great attitude), then he has undermined himself & his objectivity as a judge & I consider his opinion tainted!

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kevinrm45 said:

2019

Did I miss where you listed appearances in videos?  How about her being shown on Charlotte's IG account when she had pics from finals - all vets and of course, one of VK?  Ridiculous isn't it?  Should show different girls who are trying out.

2 hours ago, Lona said:

BINGO! When the first season squad posting was made I had no idea who Amber was, and the show didn't help either in that department.  Throughout most of the season, I actually still didn't know who she was. But then I realized that maybe I was focusing too much on what I saw on the show, and not taking into account what was happening on the field.

At the end of the day, I'm slowly learning not to take too much from what I see on TV in terms of dancing ability.

The only thing that helps me is to go back and re-watch.  By then I know who the girls are.  I do that now with the older seasons, and I watch the gals who weren't featured, and I see why they were cut or why they weren't.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Kayce said:

Well I guess I offended MR 😛 when I left a response on the "who's your fave auditioner" post on IG from DCC MTT saying she, as a judge, was my least favorite thing. #sorrynotsorry

I’m confused; why would you say that to someone?

1 minute ago, PhillyFan said:

I’m confused; why would you say that to someone?

Oh I see it wasn’t directly to her

Edited by PhillyFan

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Don’t forget in season 13 Ep 1 Kelli said the legacies were held to a higher standard/judged harder (don’t remember the exact wording but it was something along those lines). So if that’s the case the heavier girls and the ones who “do shit they can’t do” should have all made TC.

The only legacies who are held to a higher standard are the ones whose names aren't Victoria Kalina.  If she was held to as high a standard as Dayton and Madeline S., then Victoria wouldn't have made Finals OR Training Camp last year nor would she have gotten as far as she did in Training Camp.  In fact, it could be said that Kelli LOWERED the standards just to get Victoria onto the squad, but then again, Kelli got offended when she thought "the fans" were telling her who to put on the squad and who should get cut.  Methinks she probably got some sort of communique (either letter or email) from someone giving her an earful about all of Victoria's shortcomings and why she shouldn't be on the squad and Kelli didn't want to read/hear it.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, PhillyFan said:

I’m confused; why would you say that to someone on their personal page?

It was on the DCC MTT page.  And all Melissa said was sorry.  I'm sure she has learned by now to roll with the punches.  She's had some pretty good comebacks on her personal page:)

2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Kelli got offended when she thought "the fans" were telling her who to put on the squad and who should get cut

Doesn't that mean that the fans have been paying attention since 2005 (the two hour special) and know the standards and expectations of being a DCC?  Have we not watched year after year and seen girls cut for less?  Like they said upthread, it's the hypocrisy of it all.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Lily80 said:
On 8/3/2019 at 9:21 PM, Indy Shopaholic said:

I froze my DVR & counted. There were 7 rows of 16 girls in the stands. That’s 112 ladies trying out, so 101 made it to semis, only 11 were sent home.

Whoa... Seriously?!?

No, there were 148 there trying out.  Had a friend who was there.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size