Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Who's Got the Magic

ElectricBoogaloo
Message added by Drogo

NO SPOILERS IN THIS TOPIC.  Click here to read the rules before posting.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, sATL said:

Speaking of pets, wouldn't it be hard to be a puppy/dog parent while in training camp? The evening walk time would have to be very late. The thought of a German shepherd using a potty pad for #2, then to come home late& tired to dispose of the contents..hmmm.

-------

On a separate note of the cheorgraher parade, Kelli needs to quit asking who is/isn't 36, if she's not going to follow their recommendations. 

Rover could help with pups. 

23 hours ago, Koala said:

All I know is, I'm side-eyeing everything about Kat's entire cat/homeless storyline.

• It isn't that hard to find an apartment complex that will allow you to have one, small cat. I would know.
  • Just last week she said she would never part with her cat. This week, she's all bright-eyed and enthusiastic while telling Judy and Kelly that she shipped her cat to Minnesota (?) to go live with a "friend." Lol okay.
  • She's now rooming with another rookie. Shouldn't she have been doing this from the start? Why did it take 5 weeks for her to figure this out? 

I'm sorry for those who like Kat, but she honestly screams huge phony to me. There's something about her that grates me to no end. I'd rather watch Meredith weeping in front of a camera than listen to Kat's babbling, and that's saying something.

Bullet #4: what is so wrong with living in a hotel- besides from cooking and prepping  meals? Bldg security.  daily room cleaning services   free cable  and paid utilities. Possible free breakfast. free parking.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Speaking of beautiful, Madeline’s office visit was kinda awkward. I have no problem with Kelli asking about her intentions, but I was surprised by her reaction. I thought she would have a little bit of respect for Madeline’s honesty. One can be committed to the DCC yet also have higher aspirations. Most women are in their early 20s and stay 2-4 years. What does she expect them to do? Retire, get married, stay at home, and start kicking out babies? 1950 called and wants its female expectations back.

7 hours ago, Jessie S said:

What irks me is why can't Madeline S  be a DCC to honor her mom, AND be a Broadway baby if she wants to? The girl is only 22 and still at university! I thought being a DCC was a paid hobby? Not a way of life.  Lots of girls have goals outside of DCC. Why is this different now?? Kaylssia was a totally different situation. Very few ex DCCs go down her path.   I also  don't think Madeline sounds like a lawyer. She's a straight talker. And shes not afraid to talk to Kelli like a woman. Its sooo refreshing!! Alot of the other TCCs seems genuinely scared to have a normal conversation with K&J because they don't want to get cut or upset them in anyway.  

ITA with all of the above. Madeline is still young and in college and living in Texas, so this is the perfect time for her to be a DCC. She can still want to be on Broadway later since she obviously can't be performing on Broadway while she's still going to college in Texas. I knew some girls who were NFL cheerleaders/dancers in college and none of them saw it as the be-all end-all of their lives or their dance careers. It was just something to do because they loved to dance and there was an NFL team in the city where they were going to school. They had dreams and aspirations beyond dancing at football games.

I loved that Madeline didn't give the usual ass kissing answer of "The only dream I've ever had in my entire life is to be a DCC and wear the uniform!" I suspect that her confidence and lack of fear/intimidation when she talks to Kelli is exactly why Kelli doesn't like her. She needs the girls to have stars in their eyes about becoming DCC so that they are willing to anything to be on the team.

4 hours ago, phylogeny said:

Maybe TPTB decided that they only want one Madeline on the team and now Molloy and Salter must be eliminated. 😄

On a serious note, though -- wasn't there some minor drama last year about who was allowed to go by "Maddie"? I wonder if something like that has gone down with Madeline Salter and that's why they're being so weird with her.

Yeah, I don't get that either. One year on my dance team, we had three different girls named Kim so they had a quick meeting and decided that for rehearsal purposes (meaning our coach yelling corrections during rehearsal), there would be Kim, Kimmie, and Kimberly. But I also lived through the era of everyone being named Jennifer so it was common to have several girls with the same name in the room at all times (and I saw every possible variation/spelling in their efforts to make things easier for the teachers who had to deal with 5 million Jennifers per day). It's really not a big deal to have multiple girls with the same name on the team.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

That spa thing was even worse than I expected. I fast forwarded after about 8 seconds. 

I think Madeline S is gorgeous. Why not keep her for looks? She may not be the best, but relative to can’t-remember-a-damn-thing waterworks, she great, & I think more beautiful. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, KickPretty said:

I haven’t had a chance to watch yet, but from what I’m reading this episode sounded like a snooze fest 😴😴😴 This season is boring AF!

Right.  

Scene 1 - girls stretching.  Kat talking about HOOOWWWW HAARRRRDDD it is.  Meredith crying.

Scene 2 - guest choreo.  Meredith & Kat struggling.  Vets picking things up faster.  Meredith crying.  Guest choreo going through photos adn putting stickers on 36, having been obviously coached to like VK, Kat and Meredith.

Scene 3 - infomercial for something in DFW area with link to DC organization.

Scene 4 - more dancing while seeing girls called into office, with or without another guest choreo.

Scene 2 and 4 are interchangable.  I miss seeing them on the field, learning boots, etc.  I miss the bonding things they did.  This season is a snooze.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes!!  I want to see former DCC who do choreo come back and teach a routine, so that we can see who can actually dance in the DCC style.  It doesn't have to be every week.  Have the occasional guest choreographer or use that time to show us how the GL's teach a dance or work with their individual groups to polish the routine.  You know - stuff we've been asking for......

Ashley M, Ashley N and Ashley P were all on the team at the same time, so that shouldn't be an issue

And Jordan Baum, Jordan Chanley, Jordan Ketchum were all on the team at the same time. It's not a big deal I don't think

• Love 1

Episode Summary:

It starts with a guest choreographer, who I don't know, as I am not and never have been in the dance world. He was fun and I liked his work, but I am SO OVER the guest choreographers that haven't actually been, you know, DCC's. His segment seemed shorter than watching Kat in the office talk over Kelli and Judy and play to the camera in any way she can. Actually, IIRC, the show opened with her running her pie hole about some nonsense. She acts like she is 12 and had too much caffeine and is worse than nails on the chalk board. Cut her already, she's awful in every way. Loved the choreographer though, he said Kat and Christina are the worst and I fully agree. Christina has the "I've got fake boobs" cleavage crater going on. 

Then some rookies randomly go for facials or something. It was a total advertisement, the acting is terrible. Alanna and some random nameless rookie meet at the dog park (perhaps Lisa?) and again, we are treated to poor acting skills and stilted conversation. I'm already bored with the episode and we have a ways to go. 

We get another guest choreographer. I liked his work, it certainly isn't something I would picture on the sidelines though. If they don't actually do this during games, why are they learning it? He also doesn't like Christina. She looked like she was dancing with cement boots. Off, no energy, barely moving. 

Then office visits. Meredith, of course, is crying. She's cried through most of the episode as usual. All I can think is damn girl, grow up.She doesn't even know why she's crying. They think she will be better on the field. Why, I don't know. Will she miraculously be able to dance and have power? I'm thinking no. Then some other chick gets called into the office, I think her name is Madeline but I don't know, Random Blonde. Kelli asks if she is planning DCC, Broadway, or print modeling as her mom was a DCC and Kelli feels like this chick was maybe pushed into it. Chick is like yep, I can do all of it in time, why not. Kelli said DCC is not meant to be a stepping stone. Oh REALLY? What chemicals is she huffing off those stickers for the pictures? I mean, OF COURSE it's a stepping stone. These girls are all (usually) in their early 20's. 

This season has bored me. If I hadn't seen the red light on the DVR kick in, I would have forgotten about it completely. And of course, what I liked most last year was the "where are they now" segments and they don't do it this year. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, nrskim said:

Kelli said DCC is not meant to be a stepping stone. Oh REALLY? What chemicals is she huffing off those stickers for the pictures? I mean, OF COURSE it's a stepping stone. These girls are all (usually) in their early 20's. 

THIS.  Sometimes I think Kelli kind of hopes that when they retire, they'll just drop dead so there is no possibility that any of them ever do anything that will outshine being a DCC.  (Unless her name is Melissa Rycroft, of course.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

First off, I absolutely loved Evan's choreography. I feel like so many routines have been learned this season that didn't fit the girls, at all, that they just sort of clunked through. And this wasn't one of them. His positivity was so much better than anything else, as well. When absolutely all of the girls are commenting on it, you know things are rough in there. They're like, "Oh my god, someone is being nice to us!" lol 

Also, I stan him choosing Gina as point. We love a man with sense.

Also also, how can DCC be anything but a stepping stone? No one's payed their worth or anything close to it, so it's not like it can be the ultimate final goal in life. Even if Madeline's dream of being a DCC is tied in specifically with her mother being one -- that's still dreaming of being a DCC. Knowing she wants to finish college and have a dance career outside of this doesn't mean that her wanting to be a DCC being bred from her desire to follow in her mother's shoes isn't good enough.

Also also also, I'm sure it's not true, but during the spa segment it looked like the three of those girls had never spoken to each other before in their lives and that was the first time lolol

• Love 15

Lily, Kat, and Meredith would be easy cuts for me. I also think they could cut Kristin and Christina. I like Madeline S. She sometimes blends, but she rarely screws up badly enough to stand out, and she’s the most facially beautiful and well spoken rookie, IMO. 

Victoria looked good in the dance segments this episode, but I find her huge buck teeth distracting. She needs to get braces (which is probably frowned upon in DCC) or veneers. 

The spa segment and dog park segment were pointless and ridiculous. I would rather see dancing than staged small talk and non-dance related outings. 

Meredith reminds me of a brunette Amber Frey. I don’t think she’s pretty enough to justify overlooking her dance and memory issues. She’s completely overwhelmed by everything about this: the choreography, the pace, the expectations... If they do waste a spot on her, I’d  be surprised if she even makes it through a full season.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Bullet #4: what is so wrong with diving in a hotel- besides from cooking and prepping  meals? Bldg security.  daily room cleaning services   free cable  and paid utilities. Possible free breakfast. free parking.

There is nothing wrong with living in a hotel if you're happy with it. Kat's entire excuse regarding her struggle with choreography/performance was that "not having a home" was so hard and exhausting on her. To quote her directly during this episode: "living in a hotel? That was so hard."

My point was that she could have easily rectified the situation weeks ago by making the choice she has now chosen (moving in with a rookie roommate). In addition, I was also calling complete BS on her struggles regarding having a kitten (whom she seemed to have no problem with shipping to the Midwest at the first opportunity). I personally think she's fake and I feel that her excuses have zero merit; that's all. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kitty, Kelli and Judy are closing in on retirement. It would be a tough job to walk away from.

I don’t know about Kelly but I could see Judy retiring soon. With all the guest choreographers creating routines and group leaders leading practices, I’m not really sure what Judy does. They never show her blocking dances or teaching routines, just there giving critiques. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Other random thoughts:

• Lily looks like the person in a zombie movie that has been infected but is trying to hide it from everyone.
  • Christina needs a refund from whoever did her boob job. Or she needs to get better at padding her bra. 

Lol! I’m watching the episode now and I had the exact same thought about Christina’s breast aug about 30 sec before I saw your comment. And I also thought how they look just like Kalissa’s breasts, 2 big pasted on balloons. It’s that fake boob look that was popular about 15 years ago and I guess some cosmetic surgeons are still doing them for whatever reason. I never understood why anyone would want an aug that looks like that.

Btw, how do these well endowed women fit them into those practice tops without bouncing around excessively? It doesn’t look like they have much support! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, heckkitty said:

That spa thing was even worse than I expected. I fast forwarded after about 8 seconds. 

I think Madeline S is gorgeous. Why not keep her for looks? She may not be the best, but relative to can’t-remember-a-damn-thing waterworks, she great, & I think more beautiful. 

I found Kelli rude  in her questions to Madeline S. I think she is a beautiful, talented young lady but for some reason Kelli doesn’t want her on the squad. The office visit reminded me of Dayton last year, very uncaring and I'm ready to send you packing. Maybe there isn’t room for two blonde legacies on the squad. 😂 There is more to this that we aren’t seeing. 

48 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

What is happening Kelly Finglass crying?  I can’t remember a time when Kelly shed tears a and I’ve watched all the seasons. Has she gone soft?  Why has Cat not been cut?

Its all for the drama to show she has a heart. She doesn’t hold Merediths future  in her hands. That’s all on Meredith to get her act together and step up. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

Lol! I’m watching the episode now and I had the exact same thought about Christina’s breast aug about 30 sec before I saw your comment. And I also thought how they look just like Kalissa’s breasts, 2 big pasted on balloons. It’s that fake boob look that was popular about 15 years ago and I guess some cosmetic surgeons are still doing them for whatever reason. I never understood why anyone would want an aug that looks like that.

Btw, how do these well endowed women fit them into those practice tops without bouncing around excessively? It doesn’t look like they have much support! 

How much do those suckers weigh? If you have to maintain 5 pounds from your rookie weight, those boobs can put you over if you gain a little.  Maybe there is a deduction system for boobs😳

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, poppysand said:

Also also, how can DCC be anything but a stepping stone? No one's payed their worth or anything close to it, so it's not like it can be the ultimate final goal in life. Even if Madeline's dream of being a DCC is tied in specifically with her mother being one -- that's still dreaming of being a DCC. Knowing she wants to finish college and have a dance career outside of this doesn't mean that her wanting to be a DCC being bred from her desire to follow in her mother's shoes isn't good enough.

Exactly. I’m a graduate of Oklahoma City University where Madeline’s currently. I was a music major which has classes in the same fine arts building as the dance majors. I guarantee you Madeline has her eyes set on making it big on Broadway. That department is nationally known for being a broadway star factory. There’s nothing wrong with Madeline not viewing DCC as her endpoint! Who there does? If that’s where your life dream ends, that’s sad. If I had to choose between Broadway or DCC it would be Broadway. But how do you say it on the spot to Kelli in a way that she can understand without getting offended? Not everyone who views DCC as a stepping stone is going to end up posing naked for Maxim Mogadishu like Kalissa did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl said:

I found Kelli rude  in her questions to Madeline S. I think she is a beautiful, talented young lady but for some reason Kelli doesn’t want her on the squad. The office visit reminded me of Dayton last year, very uncaring and I'm ready to send you packing. Maybe there isn’t room for two blonde legacies on the squad. 😂 There is more to this that we aren’t seeing. 

I just watched that part.  That was totally uncalled for!!!!  Why can't she "get the ball rolling"?  If you come in and you treat the whole audition and TC like no big deal - that's a problem.  It sounds like Madeline has things she wants to accomplish - what is wrong with that?

And when Kelli tells her that she hasn't been noticed as much as the others - Kat and Meredith have been noticed cause they suck!!!

1 minute ago, Kate2006 said:

There’s nothing wrong with Madeline not viewing DCC as her endpoint! Who there does? If that’s where your life dream ends, that’s sad

See Season 7, final episode, towards the end - Cassie and her "I don't know what I'm going to do now" speech.  

• Love 8

I’m over this season. Meredith and her crying has to stop. Don’t say your future is in Kelli’s hand. ( I can’t believe Kelli bought that ) It’s in your hands. If you want to make the squad get your act together and work for it. Ask vets for help, practice more but stop the whining. 

Kelli, I’m sorry but crying because of what Meredith said is ridiculous  you don’t hold her future in your hands, she does and needs to work hard to earn her spot  this was also weird to me  

The spa scene was ridiculous. I could care less to see this, show me more dancing and stop advertising the companies who provide freebies to the girls and organization. It was a big waste of time and I’m glad I could zip through it. 

I truly got the impression that K & J don’t like Madeline S or want her on the squad. I found the office visit condescending and very rude towards Madeline. It reminded me of Dayton’s visit to the office last season. Madeline deserves better. The girl is beautiful, talented and has great maturity for her age. This is a young lady who said right from the beginning she didn’t consider herself a legacy until she made the squad. There is more to this story about why K doesn’t like her. 

To be honest before the show I knew nothing about DCC but after watching the  show for 14 seasons, I believe this TV show has brought out much about the organization and not in a favorable way. 

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

See Season 7, final episode, towards the end - Cassie and her "I don't know what I'm going to do now" speech.  

Exactly! And she hasn’t done anything but pop out a few kids since  and shoves that little girl in everything DCC . Pictures, appearances, games there she is....But whatever floats your boat. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cruisegirl said:

truly got the impression that K & J don’t like Madeline S or want her on the squad. I found the office visit condescending and very rude towards Madeline. It reminded me of Dayton’s visit to the office last season. Madeline deserves better. The girl is beautiful, talented and has great maturity for her age. This is a young lady who said right from the beginning she didn’t consider herself a legacy until she made the squad. There is more to this story about why K doesn’t like her. 

I get the impression that Kelli may not have liked Madeline’s mother.  IIRC, she stated earlier in the season that she didn’t really remember her mother or something like that?  Please correct me if I’m wrong.  But I don’t believe for a minute that you don’t remember her.  Anyway, I get the feeling that Madeline’s mother either was not impressed with Kelli, or if Madeline takes after her mom, Kelli may have been intimidated, jealous or something of Mom’s looks.  Madeline is gorgeous, mature and so poised.  Or maybe the mom was a mean girl.  Either way, something appears to be off about that.  Seems like Kelli is punishing Madeline for her mom’s “whatever”.   

Madeline seems to know the dances pretty well.  She can develop power quicker and easier than either Meredith or Kat learning the dances.  She should be given a little longer at least.  I was rooting for Meredith and Kat earlier, but they both need at least one more year.  

I think Kelli and Judy just like Kat’s personality because she makes them smile or laugh.

Meredith, please stop crying!!!!!!  

That scene in the spa was torture.  TPTB are really trying to push the narrative the VK is the most supportive girl in the whole world.

Loved the first guest choreographer.  He was so supportive of the girls.  And Gina for point!   I was afraid they all might burst into tears from being so happy to hear positive feedback.

I like having the guest choreographers and love hearing their feedback.  I like them giving stickers.  

Christina, you need to step it up.  For a vet to be in the bottom at auditions, and then get called out as a not top 36 by guest choreographer is bad.  I get you’re exhausted, but Kelli does not care, trust me.  You may need to start thinking about turning in the boots. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, VintageJ said:

I like having the guest choreographers and love hearing their feedback.  I like them giving stickers.  

If the guest choreographer was there for a week watching the girls and then picked their top 36, that would be so much better.  I mean, Charm liked Kat after seeing her one night.  I wonder if she would change her tune if she observed her for a week.  Evan liked Meredith for one dance - what would he think if he saw her all week trying to learn the DCC style.  Those two girls need to be cut, but they get saved by the guests and Kelli is a happy girl.  Some of the FB posters say that to replace Kelli, you have to know how to judge and pick a final squad.  No, you have to be able to pick guest choreographers who agree with you.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, sATL said:

I.m surprised another organization hasn't tried to lure Kelli away...

I am sure people have tried over the years.  I can't believe anyone is talking about these ladies quitting!  Judy, yes maybe she has said less and less these days and seasons and perhaps wants to enjoy her grandchildren.  But Kelli?  Kelli makes me think of a librarian, where they die at their desks!

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 1

I don't think there is anything wrong with having aspirations to cheer for DCC, marry, and be a stay-at-home mom.  I am a stay-at-home mom and find it very rewarding and my husband works hard for me to have the privledge to raise our children.  

That said, I equally don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to cheer for DCC for a time and have higher aspirations, dance/performance goals.  Kelli was playing an unfair game here.  It is approximately 3 years of their life.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

Victoria looked good in the dance segments this episode, but I find her huge buck teeth distracting. She needs to get braces (which is probably frowned upon in DCC) or veneers. 

IDK, I think the ARE veneers?! I think her teeth look similar to Cassie's, and I would not be suprised if they went to the same dentist.  They are an unnatural horseshoe shape not fitted to the individual mouth to look natural IMO.  It has always bothered me.

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with having aspirations to cheer for DCC, marry, and be a stay-at-home mom.  I am a stay-at-home mom and find it very rewarding and my husband works hard for me to have the privledge to raise our children.  

That said, I equally don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to cheer for DCC for a time and have higher aspirations, dance/performance goals.  Kelli was playing an unfair game here.  It is approximately 3 years of their life.

Kelli made her comments on camera.  She had a DCC mom sitting next to her and another in the studio.  A DCC mom is her best friend.  She knows Kim Oden and Billie Gosdin, and Candy Branson, and despite what she says, she knows Madeline's mom.  She knows a lot of DCC moms that will have daughters trying out for years to come.  Will they all have to come ready to explain/defend their reasons for doing so?  Or is it only if they are competing with Victoria for a spot on the team?

• Love 14

I liked the guest choreos and we saw more dance this ep.  A guest choreo is only going to judge the dancing of the day.  I don't think they can do a real DCC assessment because they don't care about facial beauty or interviews.  The guest choreo is not a friend of the take-home-girl.  I guess if it is used cumulatively as an overall impression of a dancer.  I find it interesting for me as the viewer, but not certain of the effectiveness of the feedback as an evaluation tool.  Only what, a third of these girls are showgroup?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Why can't she "get the ball rolling"? 

That completely went over my head.  I had no idea why Kelli seemed annoyed, I thought she was talking about getting the DCC ball rolling LOL

1 hour ago, ClosetMTTfan said:

Oh, and Kelli? Your precious Jacie went on to be a Rockette. You better believe DCC was a stepping stone for that! Funny how that doesn’t offend you!??

Well, she did say we almost get offended. 🙂 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, sATL said:
16 hours ago, ByTor said:

Think about it, it's about a day and a half since the episode aired and we only have one page of comments.  That really says something.

Yes & no. The thread wasn't open last night.

That makes it worse, the mods even forgot to post a new episode topic 😂

• LOL 10
19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That completely went over my head.  I had no idea why Kelli seemed annoyed, I thought she was talking about getting the DCC ball rolling LOL

Well, she did say we almost get offended. 🙂 

I think that M was saying the DCC ball rolling too, as in, I probably only have 2-3 years of my life to look this good so I better do DCC now. Even “older” 20 year olds can do Broadway 🤦‍♀️. Kelli is overly harsh with her without reason for sure. 

I also don’t believe Kelli’s BS crying, I’m sure other girls have said “you have my future in my hands” or at least something semi similar (kelly that didn’t make it  but tried our 5x, went to TC 1x comes to mind) . You’ve never cried before??

and finally re: Christina. I feel like Kelli would’ve (should have?) known she was working a new FT job an hour away?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli made her comments on camera.  She had a DCC mom sitting next to her and another in the studio.  A DCC mom is her best friend.  She knows Kim Oden and Billie Gosdin, and Candy Branson, and despite what she says, she knows Madeline's mom.  She knows a lot of DCC moms that will have daughters trying out for years to come.  Will they all have to come ready to explain/defend their reasons for doing so?  Or is it only if they are competing with Victoria for a spot on the team?

Oh my!!! You just said exactly what I have been thinking since Dayton's office visit last year! There can be no one taking focus away from Vickie!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

Lily, Kat, and Meredith would be easy cuts for me. I also think they could cut Kristin and Christina. I like Madeline S. She sometimes blends, but she rarely screws up badly enough to stand out, and she’s the most facially beautiful and well spoken rookie, IMO. 

Victoria looked good in the dance segments this episode, but I find her huge buck teeth distracting. She needs to get braces (which is probably frowned upon in DCC) or veneers

The spa segment and dog park segment were pointless and ridiculous. I would rather see dancing than staged small talk and non-dance related outings. 

Meredith reminds me of a brunette Amber Frey. I don’t think she’s pretty enough to justify overlooking her dance and memory issues. She’s completely overwhelmed by everything about this: the choreography, the pace, the expectations... If they do waste a spot on her, I’d  be surprised if she even makes it through a full season.

Those are veneers.

The pic someone posted in the Spoilers thread showed Victoria a few years ago with her natural teeth.  They were not the size of gravestones and, although they weren't perfectly straight, suited her much better.

I think she needs to get the ginormous veneers she has on now removed and smaller, more realistic ones put in.  I'm sure Daddy can afford it.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

IDK who this Tyce person is, but he seemed like a bad actor playing an exaggerated version of a Broadway dancer/choreographer.  He was just so ON all the time, while somehow seeming not all there. Weird. I give him about 5 years before he goes full Roger De Bris.

The spa session was cringeworthy.  WHY ARE WE SEEING THIS DOG PARK NONSENSE?? It at least seemed a bit less scripted than the spa. 

All Meredith has going for her is those gorgeous eyes.  I do not understand why she even made training camp.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Omeletsmom said:

IDK who this Tyce person is, but he seemed like a bad actor playing an exaggerated version of a Broadway dancer/choreographer.  He was just so ON all the time, while somehow seeming not all there. 

He reminded me of Sparky Polastri.

1E7F8ECC-8D86-4A6F-B082-6268D137709E.jpeg

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Madeline S is one of the prettiest girls to ever try out.... she reminds me of Abigail Klein. She has exquisite bone structure, and resembles Grace Kelly. Unfortunately she’s not ready..... 

I agreed with the second choreographer.... Lily looked terrible and I could’ve cut Madeline, Meredith, Lily and Christina. Judy told Christina she looks frail and she’s exactly right. She is so thin with those bolt on fake boobs.... she looks like a bobble head doll and just looks exhausted. She’s probably not getting enough nutrition on top of working a real job. Time to hang up the boots. 

And yay to the choreographer who named Gina point. Only person with any damn sense.

Christina's boobs just look so painful.  I wonder if she is feeling off balance or having to adjust her body mechanics?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, MamaMia said:

How much do those suckers weigh? If you have to maintain 5 pounds from your rookie weight, those boobs can put you over if you gain a little.  Maybe there is a deduction system for boobs😳

I was wondering if she got to get a new blouse. Aren't they supposed to keep the same uniform their entire career as DCC?  Unless she REALLY padded out her previous endowments, there is no way her new boobs would fit into the old blouse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Omeletsmom said:

IDK who this Tyce person is, but he seemed like a bad actor playing an exaggerated version of a Broadway dancer/choreographer.  He was just so ON all the time, while somehow seeming not all there. Weird. I give him about 5 years before he goes full Roger De Bris.

He struck me as a complete ego maniac. I bet he’s incredibly difficult to work with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Meredith’s crying is getting annoying. It reminds me of Brianna from NJ that Kelly couldn’t bring herself to cut. She was crying all the time.

so how to these little recordings of the veteran’s talking work? Do they get called into the office, but first have to talk to the camera and talk about how they feel? That would slow down the evening if they have to interrupt rehearsal so a few girls can get in front of the camera and talk and cry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

I’m over this season. Meredith and her crying has to stop. Don’t say your future is in Kelli’s hand. ( I can’t believe Kelli bought that ) It’s in your hands. If you want to make the squad get your act together and work for it. Ask vets for help, practice more but stop the whining. 

Kelli, I’m sorry but crying because of what Meredith said is ridiculous  you don’t hold her future in your hands, she does and needs to work hard to earn her spot  this was also weird to me  

The spa scene was ridiculous. I could care less to see this, show me more dancing and stop advertising the companies who provide freebies to the girls and organization. It was a big waste of time and I’m glad I could zip through it. 

I truly got the impression that K & J don’t like Madeline S or want her on the squad. I found the office visit condescending and very rude towards Madeline. It reminded me of Dayton’s visit to the office last season. Madeline deserves better. The girl is beautiful, talented and has great maturity for her age. This is a young lady who said right from the beginning she didn’t consider herself a legacy until she made the squad. There is more to this story about why K doesn’t like her. 

To be honest before the show I knew nothing about DCC but after watching the  show for 14 seasons, I believe this TV show has brought out much about the organization and not in a favorable way. 

I read a comment on another thread that suddenly made so much sense. But I can't  explain because it may involve a spoiler. Sorry. 

6 hours ago, Omeletsmom said:

5 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

He reminded me of Sparky Polastri.

1E7F8ECC-8D86-4A6F-B082-6268D137709E.jpeg

4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

He struck me as a complete ego maniac. I bet he’s incredibly difficult to work with. 

Y’all, this was Tyce at about a 2. I was actually wondering how/why he was so chill on DCC: MTT. He’s normally even more extra. He has been a pill on SYTYCD but his obnoxious personality is on full display in Every Little Step (the documentary, not the Bobby Brown video).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Can you DM or post a link to the thread so we know what you're talking about.

It was just about Kelli's decision making regarding Victoria and who she surrounds her with.the whole comment I read may have contained spoilers.

Edited by jlc
To add another sentence.

I'm a long-time casual fan of the show (but lifelong Cowboys football fan tho - how bout them pokes?!). Anyway, one thing that is clear is that there are a number of women on the team who are GREAT dancers, but their faces are meh at best (despite all the dye, makeup, and lashes which sometimes just makes them look worse). In order to make up for those women, K&J (K in particular) hangs on to recruiting the truly beautiful women who aren't the best dancers. Also, with regard to Kat - TBH - the team is looking AWFULLY white this year. They can say all they want about how DCC is a meritocracy (cough, cough, Victoria aside), but you can't have an almost all white cheerleader squad for the NFL. It looks weird, and frankly, it's wrong. It's not like there aren't talented African-American dancers in this world... Maybe if DCC paid more and treated people better they would have a more diverse candidate pool. 

• Love 2

Hello everyone -a little late, but my first post of the season... 

I would choose vet Maddie for the new point girl. She just amazes me with her talent.  I would also like to see a brunette there for a change.   

It was great to see Taylor and Julia dance.  I loved this episode since it showed a lot of the routines and comparing dancers.  

Maybe they don't want to keep Madeline since she is a legacy, they don't want the others to think she is picked mainly for that.  (Did Cassie make it her first try?)  I really like Madeline though.  She reminds me of a young Judy, but it could just be her hairstyle.

I was so happy that the guests recognized Bridget's technique and enthusiasm, I love her energy!  

I feel Kat is improving, but wish they would cut Meredith.  Kelli just loves Meredith and won't give up on her.  Did you see Kelli's facial expressions in the preview for next week - Wow?!  Pretty harsh.  I had to rewind 10 times just to figure out who goofed up the kick line.  They don't show anything for more than 1 second.  

Have a great week!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Omeletsmom said:

The spa session was cringeworthy.  WHY ARE WE SEEING THIS DOG PARK NONSENSE?? It at least seemed a bit less scripted than the spa. 

All Meredith has going for her is those gorgeous eyes.  I do not understand why she even made training camp.

Yeh...I did NOT like him or his choreo.  Looks like a bad Mark Anthony wannabe.  

Edited by Kayce
  • LOL 1
On 9/21/2019 at 6:09 AM, Mardo2044 said:

Look, I know Christina was the lowest vet on the board, but there was also a long haired brunette down there too and no one has mentioned her.  I know many think Christina should be gone based on her dancing, and I don't know if I can judge but I don't like how Kelli makes a big deal about the stickers with one dancer and then Christina has quite a few and then that doesn't count somehow?

I will never stop fighting (on the internet) for Christina.

I don't know what's worse, these contrived spa days and nail salon conversations or the team outings they use to film...ya know the ones where they made them jump out of planes.

• Love 5