Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

It is not for PCA, it is a Valentine Day thing on their blog. I don't know why every one got so excited.

Because there's so little to be happy about with Arrow nowadays - that any little victories help.

• Love 8

Good Lord. There's something seriously wrong when Felicity is ahead of Malcolm Merlyn as a least favorite character. Guess being a mass murderer who mind raped his own daughter isn't as bad as a woman who has stuck to her beliefs and been a bit more emotional this season. Yikes.

How dare Felicity be an awesome strong willed woman who doesn't know her place and when to sit down and shut up. Malcolm is Scum some people are insane

Lmao well Lawwwrel has over 960 votes which is well above Felicity's measly 160. Malcolm and her are tied now though. But I'm guessing those 160 votes are just sweaty bald men who don't like women showing their emotions lol

I'm not a fan of Laurel, but I can't believe she's winning by that much over Malcom Merlyn, mass murderer. And why are Moira and Sara even on that list? Why not Ray?

Yeah, I totally wanted to vote for Ray too (you get 2 votes), but his name wasn't there!  There was once a USD poll for couple you never want to see together again, and Laurel/Oliver were winning against Jaime and Cersei Lannister.  Not good.

• Love 1

Malcolm's now in second place, still way behind Laurel's 1200+ votes. 

This just one minor poll, but it does show that Laurel is still not a liked character even with her being Black Canary. 

Edited by Sakura12

Laurel is currently at 53% of the votes, more than the other 9 characters put together.  Yeah , the Laurel-becomes-BC arc really worked for her.

Oh! I thought it was an actual category. Clearly I don't pay enough attention to these things lol. Maybe it will be mentioned and still give them some exposure?

At the least, I hope it stops MG from trashing Olicity.  Now that Laurel is out there fighting by Oliver's side, it's going to be hard to keep from following the comics if Laurel is where your interest lies

Man, they could put Oliver and Felicity with other people and I'd probably keep watching, but if they revisit the pile of dog poo that was Lauliver (?) (is that what it's called?) I would be done. I'm not sure I've ever hated two characters on TV as much I hated them after the season one finale. And it had zip to do with shipping and everything to do with the two of them being terrible people together. If I could have sacrificed the two of them and gotten Tommy back, and renamed the show Merlyn the Archer, I probably would have. They are a big pile of "Nope!" for me - I may not ship anything very hard on this show but they are like my anti-ship

• Love 8

Lmao well Lawwwrel has over 960 votes which is well above Felicity's measly 160. Malcolm and her are tied now though. But I'm guessing those 160 votes are just sweaty bald men who don't like women showing their emotions lol

It must be sexist pigs at the least . This 32 year old male WITH HAIR loves Felicity. She's strong, sexy as Hell, smart and usually funny and a bright ball of sunshine when the writers let her lol

• Love 1

The 'least favorite character' poll is just the people who go to Spoiler TV.  The People's Choice one, while not really worth anything because it and $2 will get you a cup of coffee, is better known and according to them had over 150,000 votes cast.  They beat Jamie and Claire of the Outlander which is one of those cable network shows prized by the snobby set.

• Love 3

It must be sexist pigs at the least . This 32 year old male WITH HAIR loves Felicity. She's strong, sexy as Hell, smart and usually funny and a bright ball of sunshine when the writers let her lol

I think the poll might be an accurate reflection of a few things. Laurel was arguably quite unpopular by most accounts. And they destroyed both literally and figuratively other characters,see Felicity to prop Laurel's mostly unearned ascension to BC.

I think a good portion of the Arrow audience resents that more than Malcolm being magnificent bastard adjacent. I don't think it's because of sexism in Laurel's or Felicity's case.

Felicity IMO is disliked more now because she threw Sara under the bus to prop Laurel. Twas shitty writing killed the beauty.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

I think the poll might be an accurate reflection of a few things. Laurel was arguably quite unpopular by most accounts. And they destroyed both literally and figuratively other characters,see Felicity to prop Laurel's mostly unearned ascension to BC.

I think a good portion of the Arrow audience resents that more than Malcolm being magnificent bastard adjacent. I don't think it's because of sexism in Laurel's or Felicity's case.

Felicity IMO is disliked more now because she threw Sara under the bus to prop Laurel. Twas shitty writing killed the beauty.

She's still hot lol I hated that comment but I can't hate Felicity she's not prefect contrary to what some people believe. Her compassion is one reason I love her

Interesting poll results (as compared to poll results for past Arrow episodes)...
POLL : What did you think of Arrow - Nanda Parbat?
Posted by DarkUFO at Thursday, February 26, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/poll-what-did-you-think-of-arrow-nanda.html

Another poll at SpoilerTV...
USD POLL : Arrow - Who is Felicity Smoak's Father?
Posted by DarkUFO at Thursday, February 26, 2015
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/usd-poll-arrow-who-is-felicity-smoaks.html

Edited by tv echo

VOTE NOW!  Felicity & Oliver are currently beating Casey & Dawson (Chicago Fire) in Game 2.2, and Thea & Roy are currently beating Galavant  & Isabella (Galavant)  in Game 4.3...

NEWS/ 2015 TV's Top Couple Tournament: Vote in Round 1 Now!
by TIERNEY BRICKER Wed., Feb. 25, 2015 12:00 PM PST
http://www.eonline.com/news/629545/2015-tv-s-top-couple-tournament-vote-in-round-1-now

Thousands upon thousands of nominations later (who needs sleep?!), we finally have our 64 finalists for 2015's TV's Top Couple Tournament. Now here's comes the fun part!

Get ready to rock the vote, party people, because today is the official kick-off of the competition, when you finally get to vote for your favorite TV pairing.
Voting in this round closes on Sunday, March 1 at 5 p.m. PT, with round two, featuring the 32 advancing couples, kicking off bright and early Monday morning.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

VOTE NOW!  Felicity & Oliver are currently beating Casey & Dawson (Chicago Fire) in Game 2.2, and Thea & Roy are currently beating Galavant  & Isabella (Galavant)  in Game 4.3...

NEWS/ 2015 TV's Top Couple Tournament: Vote in Round 1 Now!

by TIERNEY BRICKER Wed., Feb. 25, 2015 12:00 PM PST

http://www.eonline.com/news/629545/2015-tv-s-top-couple-tournament-vote-in-round-1-now

Both Felicity & Oliver and Thea & Roy won their games in Round 1.  Nothing posted yet about voting in Round 2.

Round 1 Results:

Game 2.2

Felicity and Oliver, Arrow  74.5%

Casey and Dawson, Chicago Fire  25.5%

Game 4.3

Thea and Roy, Arrow  62.3%

Galavant and Princess Isabella, Galavant  37.7%

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
Arrow retweeted

Yahoo TV @YahooTV  ·  Mar 2
Who are the 99 greatest TV characters since #TonySoprano? The countdown begins now... http://yhoo.it/1M3CF7H

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow

How awesome that Felicity is recognized as one of the 99 Greatest TV Characters from Yahoo TV (posted by  SmallScreenDiva in the Media thread)...

91. Felicity Smoak, Arrow
It was her talent as a brilliant computer hacker that initially made her invaluable to the crime-fighting team Oliver Queen’s Arrow gathered around him, but her appeal extends well beyond that. The horn-rim glasses and a tight-skirt sauciness gives Felicity a confidence everyone responds to, especially Oliver and more recently Ray Palmer, who’s hired her to work for his Palmer Technologies and soon began romancing her. The sidekick who breaks free of that limiting role to exert influence in many areas, Felicity overturns conventional-TV expectations. — KT
Edited by tv echo

Both Felicity & Oliver and Thea & Roy won their games in Round 1.  Nothing posted yet about voting in Round 2.

Round 1 Results:

Game 2.2

Felicity and Oliver, Arrow  74.5%

Casey and Dawson, Chicago Fire  25.5%

Game 4.3

Thea and Roy, Arrow  62.3%

Galavant and Princess Isabella, Galavant  37.7%

So easy to see why Olicity would beat Casey and Dawson from Chicago Fire

Round 2 voting now open for 2015 TV's Top Couple Tournament!  "This round of voting will close on Wednesday, March 4, at 5 p.m. PT, with the Sweet 16 kicking off on Thursday morning"...

NEWS/ 2015 TV's Top Couple Tournament: Vote For Your Favorites in Round 2 Now!
by TIERNEY BRICKER Mon., Mar. 2, 2015 12:00 PM PST

http://www.eonline.com/news/631054/2015-tv-s-top-couple-tournament-vote-for-your-favorites-in-round-2-now

Round 2 Matchups:

Game 1.1
April and Jackson, Grey's Anatomy

Thea and Roy, Arrow (currently losing)

Game 1.3
Felicity and Oliver, Arrow (currently leading)

Booth and Brennan, Bones

• Love 1

Beating Brennan and Bones is going to be tough if those fans flock to the site. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe B&B now being a sure thing will dilute the enthusiasm of posters. 

(edited)

Arrow has been nominated for a Saturn Award...

The 41st Annual Saturn Awards Nominations 2015
http://www.saturnawards.org/

The organization has created a special category to consider television series which are derived from comic book super heroes - Best Superhero Adaptation Television Series.   Filling out this new category are the series Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Arrow, Constantine, The Flash, and Gotham.
This year's winners will be announced at the 41st Annual Saturn Awards which takes place on June 25, 2015.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Round 2 voting now open for 2015 TV's Top Couple Tournament!  "This round of voting will close on Wednesday, March 4, at 5 p.m. PT, with the Sweet 16 kicking off on Thursday morning"...

NEWS/ 2015 TV's Top Couple Tournament: Vote For Your Favorites in Round 2 Now!

by TIERNEY BRICKER Mon., Mar. 2, 2015 12:00 PM PST

http://www.eonline.com/news/631054/2015-tv-s-top-couple-tournament-vote-for-your-favorites-in-round-2-now

Round 2 Results:

Game 1.1

April and Jackson, Grey's Anatomy  60.4%

Thea and Roy, Arrow  39.6%

Game 1.3

Felicity and Oliver, Arrow  60.0%

Booth and Brennan, Bones  40.0%

(Nothing posted yet about Round 3 voting...)

Edited by tv echo

Congrats to Arrow on the nomination for a Saturn Award, but I think it's a bit telling that The Flash earned 3 nominations (including Best Actor for Grant Gustin) in it's first year while Arrow needed 3 years and a specifically made-up category (Best Superhero Adaption) to finally get some love.

(edited)

Beating Brennan and Bones is going to be tough if those fans flock to the site. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe B&B now being a sure thing will dilute the enthusiasm of posters. 

I'm shocked Felicity and Oliver won that round. Bone's Twitter account even promoted the poll, complete with cute Brennan and Booth photo. Nada from Arrow. Not a tweet or even a retweet pushing the poll. Why can't they promote things like this? I mean, all it takes is about 30 seconds and fans will get excited and rally for the ship. It doesn't mean a lot but it means something to fans and it's good buzz for the show.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

I'm shocked Felicity and Oliver won that round. Bone's Twitter account even promoted the poll, complete with cute Brennan and Booth photo. Nada from Arrow. Not a tweet or even a retweet pushing the poll. Why can't they promote things like this? I mean, all it takes is about 30 seconds and fans will get excited and rally for the ship. It doesn't mean a lot but it means something to fans and it's good buzz for the show.

They probably assume the poll wouldn't appeal to the male demo they are targeting.

• Love 4
(edited)

Felicity & Oliver are currently losing to Lauren & Bo in the Sweet 16 Round of the 2015 TV's Top Couple Tournament - voting closes Sunday, March 8, at 5 p.m. PT.

I'm not surprised. Bo and Lauren shippers are super dedicated and a bit crazy lol

Edited by wonderwall

Felicity & Oliver are currently losing to Lauren & Bo in the Sweet 16 Round of the 2015 TV's Top Couple Tournament - voting closes Sunday, March 8, at 5 p.m. PT.

Felicity and Oliver are making a rally right now but it's still close. 

What is Lost Girl? It seems like they're active at night whilst the Olicity fandom is active in the morning/afternoon. Is it a show that's super popular in Asia/Europe? 

It's cheesy about the Fae and and Succubus as the main character, it Canadian and it can be fun...but Lauren as a character and actress is a drain on the show for everyone not into the Bo/Lauren ship. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Apparently you can vote multiple times.

What is Lost Girl? It seems like they're active at night whilst the Olicity fandom is active in the morning/afternoon. Is it a show that's super popular in Asia/Europe?

Isn't it a joint venture between Canadian TV and SyFy channel? Lost Girl is kind of like Grimm only the heroine, Bo is a succubus (who must feed off of sexual energy) who is trying not to join sides between the two factions, Light and Dark Fae (magical and mythical beings, one group being far more open to killing humans than the other) I actually watch the show but I hate the Bo/Lauren relationship. Lauren is far too bland for me taste.

I'm betting the endgame for this show will not be a couple but a triple since they are making Bo's other love interest (among other more casual meals) Dyson- the werewolf get more "friendly" with Lauren. At least it makes her more interesting. Though since that fun scene involved Lauren hammered, chances are she'll go back to being dull and in the way.

I think it is big in Japan. It's mostly campy fun. Has one one the best BFF relationships ever shown on TV. Kenzi is awesome.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

lol  Brandon tweeted to vote for Olicity on that poll. That was nice of him haha. 

I really like Brandon Routh, but damn, I really don't care for any of the characters he plays *sigh*. Hopefully they improve Ray in the new series

• Love 3

Oliver/Felicity was ahead when I went to bed last night. I guess the Lost Girl Bo/Lauren shippers really got to work.

It's one of the most fanatical fandoms, beating even the Swan Queen shippers.  I think Lauren is as dull as beige paint but it's girl/girl, and even better that Bo dropped her boyfriend to be with Lauren.  And then she broke up with Lauren.  But the three of them ending up together makes sense, especially since Bo is a succubus and needs more than the average girl.

And now Felicity/Oliver is regaining the lead. The winner is probably going to come down to whatever fans are online voting before the close of the contest.  (I mean does it close at midnight or close in the morning, given the surge for Bo/Lauren overnight it's probably the difference between winning and losing.)