Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Losing with only KM and Beth tweeting about the poll and B99 randomly jumping up like 5k votes in less than a minute is some bull though

Not particularly, actually. Melissa Fumero was tweeting about the poll a few times in the last hour or two before the poll closed so I could see some last minute people jumping in to vote. Also, delay in the site counting the last remaining votes since the last hour had over 30,000 votes. 

I like both couples but have a soft spot for Jake/Amy, so I'm glad for the worthy competition on both sides.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Not particularly, actually. Melissa Fumero was tweeting about the poll a few times in the last hour or two before the poll closed so I could see some last minute people jumping in to vote. Also, delay in the site counting the last remaining votes since the last hour had over 30,000 votes. 

Eh, I still think it's a pretty crummy situation, 5k delayed votes happened to all sway in one way after Arrow was winning for the last few minutes by a good amount (not accusing anything), and B99 got NBC and one of the leads to promote while only one new cast member and the showrunner supported Arrow.

• Love 1

I think its a bummer we lost the poll like that but I think its an even big bummer that we get no official support. It kind of makes me sad to see all these official accounts and leads pumping up their ships and then there's Arrow...😒

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5

I like both couples, but Arrow a little bit more, I think it would have been nice if they did win.

On the bright-side I like that they were both married ships, I'm sick of the moonlighting-curse narrative where they think people loose interest once you get the couple together. It's not true.

• Love 5

Considering how many popular TV ships competed, I think it's impressive that Olicity even made it to the Final 2 round - look, if we can only get one win this week for Valentine's Day, I'd take an Olicity baby reveal over an online poll win any day...

Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Jake and Amy Are Victorious in Our Valentine's Day Shipper Contest
By Lindsay MacDonald | Feb 14, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/valentines-day-ship-bracket-winner-brooklyn-nine-nine-jake-amy-peraltiago/

There are shippers, and then there are shippers who go the extra mile! Olicity and Peraltiago shippers definitely went a few extra miles in the final round of our Valentine's Day Shipper Contest, and the rest of the internet should just go ahead and bow down to these two insane fandoms!

In the end, over 50,000 votes were cast in the finals, which put Arrow's Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) up against Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Jake (Andy Samberg) and Amy (Melissa Fumero), and honestly, has a more epic showdown ever existed? The race was neck-and-neck until the bitter end, when Peraltiago eeked out an impressive last push that earned them the win. What can we say, Nine-Niners love a last-minute save! We also have to give a major shout-out to Melissa Fumero, who rallied her Peraltiago troops through each round to run away with this competition.

Fumero and Samberg humbly accepted the win with a celebratory video... telling other fans to suck it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

As a consolation prize for losing their Valentine's Day Shipper Contest, TV Guide did something special for Olicity and Malec fans (however, I don't think TV Guide got the Olicity ages right)...

We Made Fake Dating Profiles For Malec and Olicity Because We Stan Harder Than You
By Lindsay MacDonald | Feb 14, 2019 8:32 PM EST
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-olicity-shadowhunters-malec-fake-dating-profiles/

Arrow's Olicity and Shadowhunters' Malec may not have taken the crown our V-Day Twitter shipping contest, but these fandoms still showed up in a big way to vote for their favorite couple. Olicity ended up coming in second with over 48,000 votes cast in dedication to Oliver and Felicity's love. And hey, you guys just got the mother of all twists — get it? — so I think you'll be just fine, kids. Malec fans turned out in droves too, with over 23,000 votes cast to push Malec to the semi-finals and win their ship third place!

As a reward for all of you die-hard shippers, we thought we'd give you something truly silly for Valentine's Day. The shipping hive mind at TV Guide created some adorkable fake dating profiles for Oliver (Stephen Amell), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Magnus (Harry Shum Jr.) and Alec (Matthew Daddario) on Ok Cupid because yes, we're just as much of shipper trash as you are.
You'll notice Oliver and Felicity have a few things in common (love of red pens and saving the day, obviously), and would you look at that, they're a 91% match! And yeah, we may have rewatched some Olicity flashback episodes as inspiration... whatever.

oliver-queen-dating-profile.jpg

felicity-smoak-dating-profile.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Hmm... I guess the profile ages are correct.

Okay, I checked - Felicity was born on July 24, 1989* - which does make her 29.

(* This information is from Felicity Smoak's Queen Consolidated I.T. Department Personnel File (based on the official screenshot used on Arrow), which screenshot is included in the book, Arrow: Oliver Queen's Dossier, compiled by Nick Aires (© 2016 by DC Comics and Warner Brothers Entertainment Inc.)).

I guess she just seemed younger to me.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, way2interested said:

Eh, I still think it's a pretty crummy situation, 5k delayed votes happened to all sway in one way after Arrow was winning for the last few minutes by a good amount (not accusing anything), and B99 got NBC and one of the leads to promote while only one new cast member and the showrunner supported Arrow.

I think that both sides fought hard for the win and it was really a tug of war for that entire hour (I kept popping in to see one couple take the lead and then the other couple would). I'm impressed either way. I think that Jake/Amy's win was well deserved, just like if Oliver/Felicity had won. Both are amazing couples and look at how many people voted in that final poll! Both sides have some pretty fierce fans and I'm proud to be part of both communities! 

15 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I didn't realise that the 5000 votes Jake and Amy won by happened AFTER the poll had closed hmmm 🤔

I think, due to the overwhelming amount of votes coming in for the last hour, it took a little time for the website's system to catch up. 

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think, due to the overwhelming amount of votes coming in for the last hour, it took a little time for the website's system to catch up. 

The thing is there has been polls like that done on twitter before and that's never happened from my memory. I'm not that mad as even though I don't watch B99 it seems like they have a good time on the show and with the fandom, and I thought that the video Andy and Melissa did was cute even as an Arrow/Olicity fan, but it's odd to go from 48% at the close of the poll to 52% after. It seems to big a margin to account for just a glitch. 

• Useful 1
Just now, Mary0360 said:

The thing is there has been polls like that done on twitter before and that's never happened from my memory. I'm not that mad as even though I don't watch B99 it seems like they have a good time on the show and with the fandom, and I thought that the video Andy and Melissa did was cute even as an Arrow/Olicity fan, but it's odd to go from 48% at the close of the poll to 52% after. It seems to big a margin to account for just a glitch. 

I know that I was watching both sides jump; at one point, it was 49% for Jake/Amy to 51% for Olicity. Then, when I checked later, it was more for Jake/Amy than Olicity. I didn't see the jump back in Olicity's favour, but I did watch the constant switching for which couple was in the lead, so I guess that's why I'm not surprised. 

I guess I'm ok with either couple having won it because they're both equally as awesome. But Melissa consistently tweeting for that hour probably is what pushed them over just enough, so I think it was a fair fight. I mean, that last round DID get the most votes so that goes to show how dedicated the fanbases are. I think that's pretty impressive in itself, especially when the polls weren't open for days but merely hours. I mean, that poll at the beginning of the last hour had about 22,000 votes. And by the time it ended only an hour later, it had over 30,000 extra votes. That's just crazy to think about.

I'm also just as crazy for Jake/Amy as I am for Olicity so I could also be getting a bit defensive here. 

5 hours ago, Genki said:

On the bright-side I like that they were both married ships, I'm sick of the moonlighting-curse narrative where they think people loose interest once you get the couple together. It's not true.

I also like this fact. 

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Oliver was born in May 1985, making him 33 and Felicity was 25 in 2014 (with 310 taking place only 3 days after 309 making it still 2014), making her 29 unless her birthday is in January or February, is what I think they were going with.

I don't know why, maybe it's because of Stephen, but I thought Oliver was at least a couple of years older. But I guess him being 33 makes sense.

Yeah, while I found the votes suspicious, I don’t mind that B99 won. I’m more bothered by the fact that we never get much, if any, official support — which is at least somewhat changing with KM now tweeting as much as she does (pretty sure she’s mentioned Olicity more in one hour on Twitter than the official Arrow accoint ever has) — for these polls. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, while I found the votes suspicious, I don’t mind that B99 won. I’m more bothered by the fact that we never get much, if any, official support — which is at least somewhat changing with KM now tweeting as much as she does (pretty sure she’s mentioned Olicity more in one hour on Twitter than the official Arrow accoint ever has) — for these polls. 

I laugh that Stephen could tweet a blurry picture of him and Grant Gustin wishing happy Valentine's Day but not one of Olicity to support his show 😐

Edited by Mary0360

From what I'd gathered, there were some crazy swings so I can't its super suspicious. I will say that Tvguide could have handled it better. If you know there are delayed votes that will be counted, close the poll and say the final result will be posted after all votes are counted. Don't allow the not final final results to post. It's not fair and it doesn't look right.

• Love 3

Here Are The 21 Biggest TV Moments This Week That You Might've Missed
Nora Dominick  Posted on February 15, 2019, at 12:25 p.m.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-2-15-19

1. First, Arrow revealed that Felicity is pregnant and I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat upon hearing the news.
2. And if that wasn't enough, in the flash forwards, we learned that Blackstar is actually Mia Smoak, Felicity's daughter. I swear, I haven't talked about anything else all week.

• Love 3

The Week in Superlatives: Best Binge, Biggest Nope, and the Moment You Can't Unsee
By Amanda Bell | Feb 15, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/tv-guide-superlatives-february-15/

The character reveal we were *here* for: Monday's episode of Arrow finally confirmed what we'd long suspected by revealing that Blackstar is Mia Smoak (Katherine McNamara), the daughter of none other than Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards). BB Olicity is in the house, y'all.

• Love 2

Felicity is the only Arrowverse character to make this list...

33 TV Characters People Instantly Knew Would Be Their Favorite
Nora Dominick  February 16, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-characters-fell-in-love-with-based-on-first-scene

8. Felicity Smoak from Arrow
"Felicity chewing on that red pen and babbling was the end for both Oliver and I. I just knew she was going to be amazing."

noradominick

1. Glenn Rhee from The Walking Dead
2. Michonne from The Walking Dead
3. Sophia Petrillo from The Golden Girls
4. Lorelai Gilmore from Gilmore Girls
5. Jess Mariano from Gilmore Girls
6. Jack Pearson from This Is Us
7. Midge Maisel from The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
8. Felicity Smoak from Arrow
9. Blaine Anderson from Glee
10. Stefan Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries
11. Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries
12. Cheryl Blossom from Riverdale
13. Eric from Sex Education
14. Addison Montgomery from Grey's Anatomy
15. Cristina Yang from Grey's Anatomy
16. Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation
17. Dean Winchester from Supernatural
18. Castiel from Supernatural
19. Theo Crain from The Haunting of Hill House
20. Jake Peralta from Brooklyn Nine-Nine
21. Brooke Davis from One Tree Hill
22. Penelope Alvarez from One Day at a Time
23. Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights
24. Rufus from Timeless
25. Willow Rosenberg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
26. Waverly Earp from Wynonna Earp
27. Nicole Haught from Wynonna Earp
28. Stiles Stilinski from Teen Wolf
29. Lexa from The 100
30. The Tenth Doctor from Doctor Who
31. Villanelle from Killing Eve
32. Eliot from The Magicians
33. Regina Mills/The Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Olicity and Karamel are the only Arrowverse OTPs mentioned in this article...

FANGIRLISH DOES VALENTINE’S DAY: OUR FAVORITE OTPS 
LISSETE LANUZA SÁENZ   FEBRUARY 14, 2019
http://fangirlish.com/fangirlish-does-valentines-day-our-favorite-otps-2/

Raquel: I have so many favorite OTPs that it has cost me a lot to choose, seriously, shipping is so much fun! But here goes my top 4. One of them is Olicity from Arrow. It was born without thinking, it was … unexpected, it only came suddenly. It’s difficult for couples in TV to have this chemistry, this connection, in a word: magic. They have gone through so much. Both have grown along the way. They have made mistakes but they have learned from them. They both become better to each other, complement each other and have been there for each other, for better or worst. Their relationship is so real. So perfectly imperfect. Impossible not to fall in love with them.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

"Arrow - Mia's identity is revealed" is currently in the lead with 53%...

Scene Of The Week - February 17, 2019 + POLL
Posted by Justyna Kubica at February 17, 2019 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/02/scene-of-week-february-17-2019-poll.html

ARROW, "Star City Slayer", February 11, 2019, Actors: Katherine McNamara, Joseph David-Jones, Juliana Harkavy and more, The Scenes: Mia's identity is revealed & Dinah and Roy fight Mia and Connor
Jamie
: Mia is revealed to be Felicity and Oliver's daughter. I saw the moment coming all the way through the episode but it was still really cool to see the reveal, especially right after the scene with the phone call. That said, I still have no clue what the writers are doing with these flashforwards.
Marko: Dinah & Roy fight Mia & Connor. One of the better-coordinated fights the show has seen in recent years. Gregory Smith did a great job directing it and the stunt crew did a spectacle worth watching. More, More.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 2/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, Chaser said:

From what I'd gathered, there were some crazy swings so I can't its super suspicious. I will say that Tvguide could have handled it better. If you know there are delayed votes that will be counted, close the poll and say the final result will be posted after all votes are counted. Don't allow the not final final results to post. It's not fair and it doesn't look right.

Some WA actually spent money to  vote against Olicity in a twitter poll and actually admited it. I didnt know their hatred runs so deep. 

https://twitter.com/WestAllenWonder/status/1096145416725266432

Edited by Velocity23
  • LOL 1
28 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

You can buy votes? That's ridiculous for so many reasons. Why would anyone spend money on a Twitter poll? And why would you post that you did? 

Apparently you can buy RT/likes, followers, polls, anything your heart desires for any social media platform. I just never seen people spending actual money on something they hate. 

38 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I still don't understand why a fandom of completely different show who Olicity has no bearing on, gets so worked up. Well, I mean I do but jealousy is so unbecoming. 

What makes it even worse is that WA lost their first round match up in the poll. Imagine if their fans had been willing to spend $8 helping them win rather than $8 trying to help Olicity lose.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

2019 TV Couples March Madness Challenge: Nominate Your Favorite Couples Now!
By Areeba Abid on February 19, 2019
http://www.zimbio.com/2019+TV+COUPLES+MARCH+MADNESS+CHALLENGE/articles/tyxhh4dVnt3/2019+TV+Couples+March+Madness+Challenge+Nominate

Don't let your shipping dreams go to waste! Hurry up and fill the comments section below with your nominations. The official launch of Zimbio's 2019 TV Couples March Madness Challenge will be on Monday, March 4th so remember to check back and see if your nominees secured a spot in Round 1.

Edited by tv echo

Final round - EBR and KC are up for Best Action or Drama Actress, and SA is up for Best Action or Drama Actor (1 vote per person)...

CURRENT CATEGORIES OPEN FOR VOTING - Best Comedy Program, Best Action or Drama Actor, Best Action or Drama Actress, Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actor, Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actress, Best Comedy Actor, Best Comedy Actress

Categories Ended For This Round - Best New Program, Best Animated Program, Best Recurring Actor, Best Recurring Actress, Best Guest Actor, Best Guest Actress, Best Youth Actor, Best Youth Actress, Best Writing, Best Episode, Best Stunts, Favorite TV Character, Favorite TV Program, Best Couple, Best Talk Show Host, Best Non-Human Character or Prop

Edited by tv echo

I voted for Arrow...

CURRENT CATEGORIES OPEN FOR VOTING - Best Action or Drama Program, Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Program

Categories Ended For This Round - Best Comedy Program, Best New Program, Best Animated Program, Best Action or Drama Actor, Best Action or Drama Actress, Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actor, Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actress, Best Comedy Actor, Best Comedy Actress, Best Recurring Actor, Best Recurring Actress, Best Guest Actor, Best Guest Actress, Best Youth Actor, Best Youth Actress, Best Writing, Best Episode, Best Stunts, Favorite TV Character, Favorite TV Program, Best Couple, Best Talk Show Host, Best Non-Human Character or Prop

(edited)

WINNERS BEGIN BEING ANNOUNCED MARCH 1, 2019
RESULTS ANNOUNCED FOR - Best Talk Show Host, Best Non-Human Character or Prop

FYI: Lucifer's Corvette won Best Non-Human Character or Prop.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Olicity is the only Arrowverse OTP on this list (they're also the only Arrowverse OTP on the "almost first kisses" list that's linked below)...

THE FIRST KISS: 15 EPIC AND ROMANTIC FIRST KISSES
Posted by Catherine | Feb 27, 2019 
https://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2019/02/27/romantic-first-kiss/

A few years ago, I put together a list of my favorite almost first kisses. This time, I wanted to share some of my favorite, romantic first kisses. However, I also wanted to know about your favorite kisses. So, I put out a call for recommendations on Twitter, and voila! Below is a list of my favorite romantic first kisses as well as a few from you. Settle in for a trip down memory lane and revisit 15 of the most romantic first kisses from television.
#1 ARROW’S OLIVER AND FELICITY

The kiss that broke hearts around the world. One of the most romantic first kisses that was also a goodbye kiss. It remains one of the most beloved moments between Oliver and Felicity to this day.

#1 ARROW’S OLIVER AND FELICITY
#2 JACK AND ELIZABETH FROM WHEN CALLS THE HEART
#3 LOGAN AND VERONICA OF VERONICA MARS
#4 SYDNEY AND VAUGHN FROM ALIAS
#5 NORTH AND SOUTH’S MARGARET HALE AND JOHN THORNTON
#6 DAWSON CREEK’S JOEY AND PACEY
#7 CHARLEY AND ROMERO OF QUEEN SUGAR
#8 NATHAN AND HALEY FROM ONE TREE HILL
#9 ANNE OF AVONLEA’S ANNE AND GILBERT
#10 PERSUASION’S ANNE AND CAPTAIN WENTWORTH
#11 LUKE AND LORELAI FROM GILMORE GIRLS
#12 JIM AND PAM FROM THE OFFICE
#13 LUCY AND WYATT OF TIMELESS
#14 THE WEST WING’S JOSH AND DONNA
#15 MULDER AND SCULLY FROM THE X-FILES

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

Yay! ...

This years winner for Best Couple is Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak "Arrow", giving the couple known as Olicity their 2nd award in this category (2014 winners). This is the shows 18th award in the history of the BOTVAs. This is their 5th consecutive finals appearance (2nd, 5th, 2nd, 1st).
1st OLIVER QUEEN & FELICITY SMOAK "ARROW" 120
2nd JAMIE REAGAN & EDDIE JANKO "BLUE BLOODS"  109
3rd EMMA SWAN & CAPTAIN HOOK "ONCE UPON A TIME" 104
4th Lucifer Morningstar & Chloe Decker "Lucifer" 92
5th Bruce Wayne & Selina Kyle "Gotham" 50
6th Jake Peralta & Amy Santiago "Brooklyn Nine Nine" 32
7th Rebecca & Jack Pearson "This Is Us" 30
8th Waverley Earp & Nicole Haught "Wynonna Earp" 27
9th Sara Lance & Ava Sharpe "Legends Of Tomorrow" 25
9th Sheldon Cooper & Amy Farrah Fowler "The Big Bang Theory" 25
11th Jamie & Claire Fraser "Outlander" 21
12th Barry Allen & Iris West "The Flash" 19
13th Cheryl Blossom & Toni Topaz "Riverdale" 12
14th Betty Cooper & Jughead Jones "Riverdale" 11
15th Prince Charming & Snow White "Once Upon A Time" 9

Oliver & Felicity win their 2nd award in this category, and become the first return winner to win with more than 1 year off between wins. The 120 vote winning total is the smallest winning total, breaking last years total of 167 by Lucifer Morning Star & Chloe Decker of "Lucifer". The winning total of 11 votes is also the smallest margin of victory, beating last years total of 47, in which they were on the losing end of last year.

FYI: 
Favorite TV Program results were also announced - Supernatural won (Arrow came in 3rd)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Round 1 just opened - I voted for Olicity, who are currently behind in their match-up against Eleanor & Chidi, The Good Place (ugh, captchas again!)...

2019 TV Couples March Madness Challenge: Vote Now!
By Areeba Abid on March 4, 2019
http://www.zimbio.com/2019+TV+COUPLES+MARCH+MADNESS+CHALLENGE/articles/EUkKMqVLd-a/2019+TV+Couples+March+Madness+Challenge+Vote 

Scroll down and click through our interactive bracket to vote, and don't forget to spread the word to help determine which of our 64 first-round teams will advance to Round 2.
2018 TV Couples March Madness Timeline
Round 1: Monday, March 4 (10 a.m. PST) - Thursday, March 7 (9:59 a.m. PST)
Round 2: Thursday, March 7 (10 a.m. PST) - Monday, March 11 (1 p.m. PST)
Round 3: Monday, March 11 (1 p.m. PST) - Thursday, March 14 (9:59 a.m. PST)
Round 4: Thursday, March 14 (10 a.m. PST) - Monday, March 18 (9:59 a.m. PST)
Round 5: Monday, March 18 (10 a.m. PST) - Wednesday, March 20 (9:59 a.m. PST)
Round 6: Wednesday, March 20 (10 a.m. PST) - Friday, March 22 (10 a.m. PST)
Winners announced: Friday, March 22
5. There will be no voting limits once the March Madness bracket launches. We will closely monitor each round to the best of our abilities, so play nice and please refrain from hurtful or suspicious exchanges online.  

FYI: 
Other Arrowverse couples in Round 1 - Dinah & Laurel, Arrow (no, this is not a typo); Barry & Iris, The Flash; Sara & Ava, LoT; Zari & Charlie, LoT; Kara & Lena, Supergirl; Alex & Sam, Supergirl; Brainy & Nia, Supergirl; Anissa & Grace, Black Lightning

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Top 50 TV Series on Netflix: March 2019
by Kasey Moore  March 4, 2019
https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/what-to-watch/top-50-tv-series-on-netflix-march-2019/

Without further ado, here is the best 50 TV series currently streaming on Netflix in March 2019. Sadly, 50 doesn’t really do the service justice present the full library of series but we had to try.
38. Arrow
Seasons available: 6
Network: The CW
Genre: Superhero series
Show status: Ongoing
This wasn’t CW’s first array into the superhero genre but it’s by far the best. Following rich playboy Oliver Queen, he turns to a life of heroism after his boat was lost to the sea. Similar to Batman, he vows to rid the city of criminals only armed with his bow and arrow.

Other DC TV shows on this list:
41. The Flash
31. Gotham

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oliver & Felicity survived to Round 2 and are now up against Syd & Elena, One Day at a Time (they are currently slightly ahead in the vote) - no captchas this time...

2019 TV Couples March Madness Challenge: Vote In Round 2!
By Areeba Abid on March 7, 2019:
http://www.zimbio.com/2019+TV+COUPLES+MARCH+MADNESS+CHALLENGE/articles/EUkKMqVLd-a/2019+TV+Couples+March+Madness+Challenge+Vote

Round 2: Thursday, March 7 (10 a.m. PST) - Monday, March 11 (1 p.m. PST)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Best female superheroes of all time ranked - our 15 favourites
By Jo-Anne Rowney Audience Growth Editor   06:55, 8 MAR 2019
https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/best-female-superheroes-dc-marvel-14102114

14. Felicity Smoak
Wait a second before you yell at us. Felicity Smoak isn't a traditional entry into a female superhero list, she dons no mask, has no powers to speak of, but that doesn't mean she hasn't earned her way on to the list through loyalty, heart and off the chart intelligence.

Originally the stepmother to Ronnie Raymond The CW gave her a make-over after Emily Bett Rickards impressed them performing alongside Stephen Amell. It's this version that now appears in the comics.

There's no one with Smoak's brains, the Green Arrow would have been nothing without her behind the computer and in his ear on The CW series, and the later comics.

She's proved divisive, but there's no denying fleshing out her character on the small screen has created yet another strong female hero, and this time one we can aspire to be, after all nailing code is a little more likely than mastering the cosmic power of the universe for the average woman.

15. Scarlet Witch
14. Felicity Smoak
13. Gamora
12. Emma Frost
11. Black Widow
10. Batgirl
9. Shuri
8. She-Hulk
7. Wasp
6. Supergirl
5. Barbara Gordon aka Oracle
4. Storm
3. Captain Marvel
2. Jean Grey
1. Wonder Woman

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Arrow won Best Stunts (beating out Daredevil) -- below are the top 10 rankings...

1st ARROW (CW) 90
2nd DAREDEVIL (NETFLIX) 77
3rd SUPERNATURAL (CW) 51
4th MacGyver (CBS) 48
5th Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) 34
6th Gotham (FOX) 30
7th Agents Of SHIELD (ABC) 20
8th Supergirl (CW) 16
9th The Blacklist (NBC) 14
10th Legends Of Tomorrow (CW) 13

Dean (Supernatural) won Favorite TV Character, but below are the rankings for Arrow characters...

6th Oliver Queen/Green Arrow "Arrow" 45
8th Felicity Smoak "Arrow" 40
22nd Laurel Lance/Black Siren "Arrow" 18

A Supernatural ep won Best Episode, but below are the rankings for Arrow episodes...

5th The Slabside Redemption "Arrow" 33
14th Inmate 4587 "Arrow" 17
24th Elseworlds: Part 2 "Arrow" 7

Edited by tv echo

Yes, your eyes don't deceive you - the writer double counted #5 and mistakenly named the show Green Arrow...

9 TV Couples That Are Total Relationship Goals — And What We Can All Learn From Them
Isabella Ong  March 9, 2019
https://www.yourtango.com/2019322021/best-tv-couples-relationship-goals-love-lessons

Adult relationships are all about effort and consistency and TV ships show us the behind-the-scenes efforts and struggles relationships consist of and often shed light on how to overcome them and keep the love alive. It's easy to find yourself looking to sitcoms for relationship advice and hoping for a love like that of a couple on your favorite show.

Below are nine of the best on-camera couples and methods on how to practice the way they love their partners.
5. Felicity Smoak and Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)
If your partner’s got a secret identity to saving the world, make sure you know this. Olicity has had its fair share of ups and downs. Lots of the pair's issues could’ve been solved with a little more transparency early in the dating stage but they fought through it and came out stronger.

Communication and honesty are key to having an Olicity kind of love. Always talk with your partner when it comes to your fears and insecurities about a relationship. Be open about the kind of troubles you may carry from your past. Your partner will want to help carry your baggage, just as you would theirs.

1. Jake Peralta and Amy Santiago (Brooklyn-99)
2. Jane and Rafael (Jane the Virgin)
3. Villadero (Jane the Virgin)
4. The Belchers (Bob’s Burgers)
5. Captain Hook and Bella Swan (Once Upon a Time)
5. Felicity Smoak and Oliver Queen (Green Arrow)
6. Poussey and Soso, (Orange Is The New Black)
7. Ben and Leslie (Parks and Recreation)
8. Cam and Mitch (Modern Family)
9. Jack and Rebecca Pearson (This is Us)

Edited by tv echo