Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

I just tried to vote and it told me the voting was done for this group. Not exact words but close. I tried 4 more times then 8 times with captchas. So I quit. I’ve been voting on and off all day, whenever I’m on the phone. This is the worst voting experience so far. Ugh

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I just tried to vote and it told me the voting was done for this group.

What? There's supposed to be voting until 3 pm PST? In any event, a lot of people have stopped voting, because there were some suspicious jumps in the vote total in the last hour or so. Apparently, Melanie Scrofano was picking up 5,000 additional votes every refresh during that period.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

On a separate subject, what are automated inquiries and why does the E site keep accusing my computer of sending them and then making me "Try again later"?

That kept happening to me too. I assume I was going through the captchas too quickly  and they thought I was a bot. I switched to incognito mode and those messages mostly went away. 

Seems like lots of people in our fandom had technical difficulties. It’s too bad shenanigans had to happen in the last hour, but at least this means we’re not wasting a weekend fruitlessly voting against the Outlander fandom.

19 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Yeah I read they jumped 5000 votes in one refreash. 

By comparison, it took 2-3 hours of voting to make up an 1850 vote deficit for Emily earlier in the afternoon.

• Love 2

If anyone cares, here were the final results of the Tell-Tale TV contest - Olicity placed 3rd in their category...

Battle of the Ships 2018: Results! Couples from ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Shadowhunters’ Among Winners
August 30, 2018  Tell-Tale TV
https://www.telltaletv.com/2018/08/battle-of-the-ships-2018-results-couples-from-greys-anatomy-and-shadowhunters-among-winners/

Category #3: Favorite New TV Couple
WINNER: Cheryl and Toni (Riverdale)
Second place: Sara and Ava (Legends of Tomorrow)
Third place: Oliver and Felicity (Arrow)

Edited by tv echo

There are only 5 choices - Colin Donnell, Colton Haynes, Katrina Law, Caity Lotz and Josh Segarra (I was torn between Colin and Josh, but ultimately voted for Josh)...

2018 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Best Arrow Season 6 Guest With 1 Or 2 Episodes
August 31, 2018 Craig Byrne 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/2018-greenarrowtv-awards-pick-the-best-arrow-season-6-guest-with-1-or-2-episodes/

Edited by tv echo

As much as I liked Colin and Josh, I went with Katrina Law because her character finished an arc I felt.  (Let Oliver off the hook officially) and was there to change up the show in a big way by taking Thea away.   

Olicity made this Top 10 list that was voted by SpoilerTV readers (but at #10)...

YouSay - Top 10 Best On-screen Romances - The Results
Posted by CJ at September 03, 2018 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/06/yousay-vote-for-best-on-screen-romance.html

Welcome to YouSay, SpoilerTV's way of getting your voice heard. We are going to pick a popular topic and then let you guys vote for the winners. Once we have all of the results we will announce the Top 10 on our YouTube channel. We will also read out some of your comments and thoughts on why you made your choices.

10 - Felicity & Oliver 
09 - Derek & Meredith 
08 - Angel & Buffy
07 - Ben & Leslie
06 - Alex & Maggie
05 - Jemma & Leo
04 - Chloe & Lucifer
03 - Alex & Magnus
02 - Damon & Elena
01 - Clarke & Lexa

Edited by tv echo

The animated gif wouldn't embed - it's the one of Oliver & Felicity kissing on the Nanda Parbat beach in 320...

Robyn DeHart’s Top 5 Favorite On-screen Kisses
Sep 12, 2018 by Meredith Johnson
http://www.entangledinromance.com/2018/09/12/author-top5-with-robyn-dehart/

5. Arrow (Oliver & Felicity)
This one was a long time coming too. So much time spent with him kissing the wrong women! But Oliver finally figured it out and the
kiss was well worth it.

5. Arrow (Oliver & Felicity)
4. Where the Heart Is
3. Gilmore Girls (Luke & Lorelai)
2. Veronica Mars (Veronica & Logan)
1. Some Kind of Wonderful

Edited by tv echo
CORRECTED BEACH FROM LIAN YU TO NANDA PARBAT
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

The animated gif wouldn't embed - it's the one of Oliver & Felicity kissing on the Lian Yu beach in 320...

I was confused until I clicked on the link. It's in Nanda Parbat. I only noticed because I really did want a kiss on Lian Yu in the s6 premiere.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

This is the funniest shit ever by Green Arrow TV

We’re also announcing that this is the last category for this year’s GATV Awards. We were running late, but also, at least for this year we are retiring the Best Couple/Pairing category…. since the main couple of the series is married, it didn’t seem right to keep that category afloat

"At least for this year". So... he's holding out hope for the Olicity marriage to end so the category can open again next year? Hope springs eternal in Craig's GA/BC 'shipping heart.

• Love 9

The results of the 2018 GreenArrowTV Awards:

Best Episode:  Winner - Fundamentals (30%), Runner-up - Reversal (22%)

Worst Episode: Winner - The Dragon (58%), Runner-up - Irreconcilable Differences (9%)

Best Actor: Winner - Stephen Amell (71%), Runner-up - Paul Blackthorne (19%)

Best Actress: Winner - Emily Bett Rickards (71%), Runner-up - Katie Cassidy (22%)

Best Guest Star With 3 Or More Episodes: Winner - Audrey Marie Anderson (32%), Runner-up - Manu Bennett (he had one vote less than AMA)

Best Guest Star With 1 or 2 Episodes:  Winner - Josh Segarra (45%), Runner-up - Colin Donnell (no percentage given)

Favorite Writer: Winner Emilio Ortega Aldrich (50%), Runner-up - Beth Schwartz (34%)

Favorite Director: Winner - James Bamford (48%), Runner-up - Gregory Smith (17%)

Best Villain:  Winner - New Team Arrow’s Self-Righteousness (51%), Runner-up - Ricardo Diaz (20%)

Favorite Character: Winner - Felicity Smoak/Overwatch (66%), Runner-up - Oliver Queen (17%)

Least Favorite Character: Winner - Dinah Drake (29%), Runner-up - Ricardo Diaz

Biggest Shocker or Cliffhanger: Winner - Oliver going to jail (47%)

Best Pairing: Oliver and Felicity (Olicity) - We skipped the Best Pairing/Coupling/Team-Up this year because it seemed a little off considering the main couple of the show is married now. Who else would people pick? Dinah/Vincent? Black Siren/Diaz? Oliver/Anatoly? Curtis/hot cop whose name we don’t remember? So, the honorary GATV Award for this year for Best Pairing again goes to “Olicity,” which would have won it anyway had we done an actual poll. I mean, look at the previous winners below….

Previous winners: (Season 1) “Olicity” – (Season 2) “Olicity” — (Season 3) “Olicity” — (Season 4) “Olicity” — (Season 5) “Olicity”

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Best Pairing: Oliver and Felicity (Olicity) - We skipped the Best Pairing/Coupling/Team-Up this year because it seemed a little off considering the main couple of the show is married now. Who else would people pick? Dinah/Vincent? Black Siren/Diaz? Oliver/Anatoly? Curtis/hot cop whose name we don’t remember? So, the honorary GATV Award for this year for Best Pairing again goes to “Olicity,” which would have won it anyway had we done an actual poll. I mean, look at the previous winners below….

Previous winners: (Season 1) “Olicity” – (Season 2) “Olicity” — (Season 3) “Olicity” — (Season 4) “Olicity” — (Season 5) “Olicity”

I wonder how much it hurt him to write that, especially the part I bolded. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Worst Episode: Winner - The Dragon (58%), Runner-up - Irreconcilable Differences (9%)

Best Villain:  Winner - New Team Arrow’s Self-Righteousness (51%), Runner-up - Ricardo Diaz (20%)

I read this with so much petty glee.

• Love 7

Least Favorite Character: Winner - Dinah Drake (29%), Runner-up - Ricardo Diaz

I found how this was revealed odd.  He talked about Dinah and then he first revealed that Felicity and BS were number 3&4 and only then mentioned Diaz in the number 2 spot.  He made a point that all three were pretty close in votes.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I found how this was revealed odd.  He talked about Dinah and then he first revealed that Felicity and BS were number 3&4 and only then mentioned Diaz in the number 2 spot.  He made a point that all three were pretty close in votes.

The only thing that's weird to me is that Rene and Curtis didn't get a mention as worst character. All of NTA were awful. Take your pick!

• Love 2

I was worried Felicity would take out that category simply because everyone seems to have a member of NTA that they hate the most and it was very split!

Now that Dinah has won I hope the handful of fans she has will stop pretending to be Felicity/Emily fans whilst passive aggressively dissing Felicity just so they can feel like they are part of fandom.

Queen Emily really slayed every category that mattered!!!!!! LOVE that Felicity won by 66%

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

That's interesting I'd have thought Dinas would have had more fans on GATV and BS come to that.

Dinahs fairly universally hated. Most comic fans don't like her either because she's not Laurel. 

12 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Dinahs fairly universally hated. Most comic fans don't like her either because she's not Laurel. 

Exactly. When even 80% of Reddit is rooting for the character to be replaced, you just know the writers have a total failure on their hands. 

SA will be receiving a Hero Award at the Barbara Berlanti Heroes Gala on October 13...

Ariana Grande, Kristin Chenoweth, Stephen Amell Confirmed for Cancer Gala
OCTOBER 05, 2018 8:00am PT by Chris Gardner
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/fuck-cancer-gala-ariana-grande-kristin-chenoweth-stephen-amell-confirmed-attend-1149582

Greg Berlanti and Robbie Rogers are serving as event chairs for the first-ever Barbara Berlanti Heroes Gala honoring Fuck Cancer co-founder Yael Braun and board member Amell.

Greg Berlanti has already made a pretty big mark on Burbank, but on Oct. 13, it will be his late mother's turn. Nonprofit organization Fuck Cancer is finalizing details for an inaugural event in her memory — the Barbara Berlanti Heroes Gala —chaired by Berlanti and husband Robbie Rogers. 

Held at Warner Bros. Studios, home to Berlanti's production company, the Barbara Berlanti Heroes Gala has lined up an impressive program: pop superstar Ariana Grande and multi-hyphenate talent Kristin Chenoweth will both perform, while Fuck Cancer co-founder Yael Braun and Fuck Cancer board member Stephen Amell will take the stage as the night's headliner honorees. Jeff Garlin is also scheduled to perform.

Additional surprise guests are expected.

Braun, wife of mega manager and entrepreneur Scooter Braun, will receive the Barbara Berlanti Vanguard Award for her work with the organization, specifically engaging influencers and young adults on the subject of cancer education and prevention, in addition to providing resources to those battling the disease. Amell will be presented with a Hero Award for his work raising funds and awareness for the cause. 
Amell is the star of Berlanti's Arrow on the CW. His other credits include Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, Vixen: The Movie, New Girl and Private Practice. He'll next be seen on the big screen in Code 8.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

‘Shiptober 2018: Arrow (Oliver & Felicity) vs. Riverdale (Cheryl & Toni)
October 9, 2018
https://cartermatt.com/331751/shiptober-2018-arrow-oliver-felicity-vs-riverdale-cheryl-toni/

Shiptober.jpg

Mrs. Carter: We’re now in the thick of October, and that means that another year of ‘Shiptober is upon us!

It’s a chance to celebrate some of the greatest ‘ships that the TV has to offer, and we’ve got a fun tournament this year to go along with it. Over the course of this month, we’ll be running some ‘Shiptober polls while also discussing what makes some of these couples so great and also sharing some teases / expectations for upcoming episodes! This is a chance to celebrate and discuss great ‘ships while gauging their popularity among readers at the same time. Only one ‘ship will be crowned the victor at the very end!

Voting Rules – Vote however often you like! Only one ‘ship will move on to the next round, and we are keeping these polls open until Friday, October 12 at 1:00 p.m. Pacific time. The following day, the second round will officially begin. (All of the information needed can be found in the bracket image above.)

In this ‘Shiptober battle, we’re putting the focus at the moment on two popular CW pairings in Oliver & Felicity from Arrow and then Cheryl & Toni from Riverdale. On the surface, it feels like this will be a particularly-great showdown.

Oliver & Felicity, Arrow (#2 seed) – Is Olicity the Arrowverse ‘ship that started them all? That may be up for debate, but there’s no questioning that seven seasons in, this is one of the most-popular duos out there. What’s so great about them is that they were mostly the function of fan appreciation and enthusiasm — it wasn’t the plan going in to pair these two characters together, but over time it felt like this was the natural way to go. Since that time, the Olicity ‘ship has become only more popular and they’ve been through a lot together. There are some more hurdles coming over the course of season 7, though, especially with Oliver in prison and Felicity trying to come to terms with that on the outside.
Vote for your favorite ‘ship now in the poll below!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Olicity survived round 1 of CarterMatt's 'Shiptober 2018 - their round 2 has not yet been posted, but from the diagram below, it looks like Olicity will be facing off against McDanno...

‘Shiptober 2018 results: Outlander, Hawaii Five-0, The Flash, Shadowhunters ‘ships advance!
Mrs. Carter  October 12, 2018
https://cartermatt.com/332257/shiptober-2018-results-outlander-hawaii-five-0-the-flash-shadowhunters-ships-advance/

Shiptober-2.jpg
Just under an hour ago (at the time of this writing), voting closed on all of the round one showdowns at CarterMatt! The results are already tabulated/verified, and you can see all of the advancing duos in the image above! The second round begins tomorrow, as Jamie & Claire of Outlander will face off against Ross & Demelza of Poldark. One duo will move forward from there to round three, and then the cycle continues.
-There are multiple Arrowverse entries moving forward, including one for every show in Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow.
This has been a really fun tournament so far, and thanks to everyone for voting! I’m excited to see what happens here in round 2. Voting for the next round will conclude on October 21, so once things get started, there will be plenty of time to pick some of your favorites.

Want to keep up to date with ‘Shiptober? – Then be sure to visit the link here! Bookmark it, since there are going to be new ‘ship battles uploaded every day throughout the second round.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

2018 nominees include Arrow stunt team...

UBCP/ACTRA Awards 2018
October 16, 2018
http://www.ubcp.com/awards/

The UBCP/ACTRA Awards honours five members for work done in the past year. This peer-adjudicated performer awards show shines the spotlight on the talented performers here in BC, and provides an opportunity for industry professionals to share in the celebration with the nominees and winners. The 7th annual red carpet gala takes place on December 8, 2018 at the Vancouver Playhouse.
Best Stunt                     
Arrow – Season 6 – Brothers in Arms
Stunt Coordinator: Eli Zagoudakis
Stunt Performers: Will Erichson, Curtis Braconnier

Arrow – Season 6 – Life Sentence 
Stunt Coordinator Curtis Braconnier
Stunt Performer: Eli Zagoudakis

Arrow – Season 6 – Shifting Allegiances 
Stunt Coordinator: Eli Zagoudakis
Stunt Performers: JJ Makaro

Darc
Stunt Coordinator: Brett Chan
Stunt Performer: Jeff Sanca

Darc
Stunt Coordinator: Brett Chan
Stunt Performers: Andrew Chin, Mark Chin, Gerald Paetz

The Flash – Season 4 – Think Fast
Stunt Coordinators: Jon Kralt and Trevor Addie
Stunt Performers: Chad Bellamy, Adam Chase, Mark Chin Ken Do, Lucius Fairburn, Kevin Fortin, Kevin Haaland , Zen Humpage Cody Laudan, Brian Lydiatt, Ryan Moss, James Mowat, Jesse Pierce, Matt Reimer, Shawn Robidoux, Chris Webb, Mike Wu

Edited by tv echo

Olicity is way behind right now (voting in round 2 ends on Oct. 21)...

‘Shiptober 2018: Hawaii Five-0 (Steve & Danny) vs. Arrow (Oliver & Felicity)
MRS CARTER  October 18, 2018
https://cartermatt.com/333128/shiptober-2018-hawaii-five-0-steve-danny-vs-arrow-oliver-felicity/

Voting Rules – Vote however often you like! Only one ‘ship from round 2 will move onward, and we are keeping these polls open until Sunday, October 21 at 1:00 p.m. Pacific time. The following day, the third round will officially begin. (All of the information needed can be found in the bracket image above.)
Oliver & Felicity, Arrow (#2 seed) – Meanwhile, Olicity has absolutely been one of the most-popular ‘ships over the past few years in their own right, and there are certainly many different reasons for that. They love each other, and to go along with that, they find ways to express that love in ways beyond just words. They do it every time they save each other in the midst of a crisis, and we’re certainly seeing it from Felicity now as she struggles with Oliver being bars. One of their motivating factors, even when they don’t verbally express it, is trying to find a way to get back to each other. They have a family now with William and throughout the coming episodes, we do expect them to do what they can to work towards a reunion.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

Olicity is way behind right now (voting in round 2 ends on Oct. 21)...

‘Shiptober 2018: Hawaii Five-0 (Steve & Danny) vs. Arrow (Oliver & Felicity)
MRS CARTER  October 18, 2018
https://cartermatt.com/333128/shiptober-2018-hawaii-five-0-steve-danny-vs-arrow-oliver-felicity/

I don't think the fandom cares much or is even aware of cartermatt so I really doubt people are voting.

• Love 2

Nominees include two 701 scenes: "Arrow - Felicity visits Oliver in prison" and "Arrow - The parallel fight" - I voted for both scenes...

Scene Of The Week - October 21, 2018 + POLL
Posted by Justyna Kubica at October 21, 2018
https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/10/scene-of-week-october-21-2018-poll.html?m=1

ARROW, "Inmate 4587", October 15, 2018, Actors: Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards, Kirk Acevedo and more, The Scenes: Felicity visits Oliver in prison & The parallel fight
Justyna:
Such a fantastic season premiere, one of my favorites this fall and probably one of the best in the show's history. So many great scenes to mention, starting from the parallel fight and the end reveal, but since I can only select one, let me highlight the moment when Felicity visits Oliver in prison. It's hard to believe how much these two have been through and still, I think it might be one of their best moments together. Before Felicity arrives, Oliver is convinced that his wife (and possibly his son) have been brutally murdered by Diaz. His feelings when he sees her alive and well can't be put into words but are perfectly displayed by Stephen Amell. Felicity tells her husband about Diaz's attack and the way she tried to fight him to protect William but couldn't. Her story definitely makes one think about a mother protecting her child. Wonderful work by Emily Bett Rickards as well. What's especially important about this scene is the fact it's a defining moment, a turning point for both characters, the moment when they decide to fight back, no longer hiding, waiting or keeping their heads down. As hard as it is, as dangerous, it's who they are and these last events are a reminder of their old life and the future they're hoping to build. Beautifully written, very emotional scene, one of the most memorable parts of the great premiere. Kudos to cast & crew for their work!
Mads: Felicity fights Diaz while Oliver is involved in a prison brawl. I was surprised by the fight choreography and coordination of these scenes. Plus it was nice to see Felicity get her hands dirty and I thought she held her own the best she could against Diaz. I liked how the scene was interspersed with Oliver’s fight, which the poor guy had to do while buck naked in the shower!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

5 BEST COMIC BOOK SHOWS TO WATCH RIGHT NOW
BY AUTUMN NOEL KELLY ON 10/30/18 
https://www.newsweek.com/best-comic-book-shows-2018-watch-superhero-tv-1193707

Arrow
No matter how bad Arrow got, the iconic “Lian Yu” flashbacks always helped bring the series together. But they ended in Season 5, and the show has been meandering to find its next hook. Season 7 found it, with the introduction of flash-forward sequences that showrunner Beth Schwartz says will last for a long, long time. Even more, there’s technically no actual Green Arrow right now, and the episodic surprises still manage to persist.

Black Lightning
Daredevil
Titans
Arrow
The Walking Dead