Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Oliver & Felicity (Arrow) are still in the running for "Favorite New TV Couple"...

Vote! Tell-Tale TV’s Battle of the Ships (Final Round)
August 23, 2018   Tell-Tale TV
https://www.telltaletv.com/2018/08/vote-tell-tale-tvs-battle-of-the-ships-final-round/

The top 5 choices in each of those categories have now moved on to the final round.
You may vote for one choice in each category until Wednesday, August 29th at 9:00pm EST! Note that you may only vote once for each.

Edited by tv echo

EBR is now up against Alycia Debnam-Carey (FtWD)...

TV's Top Leading Lady 2018: Vote in the Elite 8
by TV SCOOP TEAM | Mon., Aug. 27, 2018 9:00 AM
https://www.eonline.com/news/963044/tv-s-top-leading-lady-2018-vote-in-the-elite-8

Voting in this round will remain open until Tuesday, August 28 at 6 p.m. ET or 3 p.m. PT. 
The next round will begin Wednesday, August 29 at 12 p.m. ET or 9 a.m. PT. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

This round has been really weird. A couple hours after this round started, Emily was at 65.7%, and when I cast another vote literally 20 seconds later, she was at 61.8%. And then she 17 percentage points within an hour, which is almost impossible. And for the past few hours, the two of them have been deadlocked at 50%, give or take .1%.

Edited by KenyaJ

When you start voting for the first time, you won’t get captchas for the first 10 times, I think. Then they kick in. Same if you use a different browser. 

I’m voting while on a “stakeout” ?

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

We made it!!!!! Hehe long live our Queen!

Towards the end of my voting I didn't care if it was going up or down anymore and just kept voting! Yay to all you guys who finished it off and kept our girl in it!!!! I will have nightmares of being chased by a zombie fire hydrant when this is over! Street signs are my most hated captchas! I think some of the road signs they don't count as street signs! So confusing! 

I'm dreading the next round! She's got some serious competition in the next round! But she is the ONLY Arrowverse actress to make it this far! haha we are devoted I'll give us that! 

• Love 3

I do too but it's a massive hurdle considering who the other actresses are so I'm consoling myself that she's done so well already to make it to this round.

But I will clear my schedule so I can vote with you guys for the next round! *cracks knuckles Felicity style*

• Love 1

I’ve been doing the audio captchas. You only have to get one or two words right and they’re faster than the disappearing images or the ones where you have to go through two or three captchas in a row.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I’ve been doing the audio captchas. You only have to get one or two words right and they’re faster than the disappearing images or the ones where you have to go through two or three captchas in a row.

I may have to try that tomorrow. Like @SmallScreenDiva, I'm so annoyed by the "try again" when you've correctly clicked on all the relevant images. And 75% of the times that I get that, I then get 5 or 6 pages in a row of street signs. I can't take any more!

• Love 3

I'm impressed she made it through.  Does anyone know what the final percentages were?

I am fine with like one or two pages of the captcha but yeah, this new thing where you click on the correct images and then they become NEW images and it just keeps going and then the next page has a next page and so on and so on was driving me nuts.  I finally stopped when I jumped through like a minute of hoops and was allowed to verify and then with I went to cast my vote NOTHING happened. 

I am looking forward to trying the audio versions.  

Was it crazy during the last few minutes?

I went to bed well before you guys did your crazy last minute thing so nothing was stalling for me! It did when the voting first started but I restarted my modem and I was ok after that!

Haha I wish there was like a ceasefire until the last hour! I feel like I only vote to counteract the other votes and nothing much happens. She was in the lead  before I went to bed. From what I can gather on Twitter she dropped, everyone rallied and then she went back up again and won.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm impressed she made it through.  Does anyone know what the final percentages were?

Emily won 50.9% to 49.1%.  Melissa Fumero beat her B99 co-star 50.3% to 49.7%. I don't remember the exact percentages of the other two matchups, but they weren't nearly as close. 

14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Was it crazy during the last few minutes?

Not really. When I went to bed, Emily had 49.5%  and when I woke up, she was leading with 50.6%. But over the next few hours, her percentage kept dropping down to 49.8%. Everyone rallied and it was deadlocked for most of the afternoon, until around 4:00/4:30 (EST), when her lead slowly started to grow. When the last hour started, she was up to 50.3% and we kind of coasted from there.

Also, I'm not a psycho, but I'm home from work this week, which is the only reason I had time to spend all day voting. I managed to marathon Pose while I was voting, which made everything go by quicker, LOL.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

Also, I'm not a psycho, but I'm home from work this week, which is the only reason I had time to spend all day voting. I managed to marathon Pose while I was voting, which made everything go by quicker, LOL.

Haha my husband refilled my tea after I was done with exercise ball voting but still wanted to vote a bit more. He was like "Are you only voting because you like her butt? I keep seeing pics of her butt open on your machine."

Me (outraged): No! She's a good actress and she seems nice! 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha my husband refilled my tea after I was done with exercise ball voting but still wanted to vote a bit more. He was like "Are you only voting because you like her butt? I keep seeing pics of her butt open on your machine."

Me (outraged): No! She's a good actress and she seems nice! 

Mellowyellow, I ship you and your husband.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Mellowyellow, I ship you and your husband.

Me too.  Every time you mention him chiding you to go work on your fanfiction I get a happy grin.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

Oh, I love Melissa. I would loved it if she and Emily were the final 2. I also wouldn't be upset if she won.

If this happens, I suspect MF would win.  The B99 fandom seems still really pumped and active right now following its cancellation and salvation.  

Historically, Outlander and Wynnona Erp have had a passionate fanbase as well.  

Not a cake walk against any of them.  

• Love 1

Voting is open. Emily is up against Melanie Scrofano from Wynonna Earp. Also, the results from yesterday said Melissa Fumero won, but today, it's Stephanie Beatriz vs. Caitriona Balfe. Weird.

• Love 2

Critics Pick TV’s Most Kickass Action Heroes — IndieWire Survey
Hanh Nguyen    August 28, 2018 
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/best-action-stars-tv-alias-buffy-critics-survey-1201998588/

This week’s question: Who’s your favorite action star on TV? Why? Old, current, and upcoming shows count as long as you’ve seen screeners. (This means actors on TV who do action, not big-screen action stars who are guest-starring on a show like “This Is Us” or balling hard on HBO without the action.)
Damian Holbrook (@damianholbrook), TV Guide Magazine
I have to give this to Stephen Amell. If it weren’t for his Oliver Queen on “Arrow,” if Amell hadn’t nailed the role and invigorated a character long-backburnered by the comic books, if he hadn’t taken the idea of playing the Green Arrow so intensely and physically that he turned his body into a superhero’s, we would not have the current wave of supershows that give me so much joy. It all began when he stepped into the green leather suit and started kicking-swinging-firing his way through cinematically staged fight sequences like a boss. He is basically the godfather of modern TV action, and it’s thanks to him pulling off the balancing act of brawn and drama that we now get the fluid, high-energy adventures of “The Flash,” the graceful aerial battles of “Supergirl,” the sheer shit-kicking brutality of “Black Lightning” and the misfit fun of “Legends of Tomorrow,” which is more entertaining with every season. In fact, I would also credit Amell with opening the door for comic-book shows like “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones” and “Preacher,” as well. Not too bad for a guy who’s most notable action before this was of the pay-by-the-hour variety on the gigolo dramedy “Hung,” right?

Edited by tv echo

LOL. Emily was actually making a comeback and creeping up in the numbers until the (new) new promo came out and everyone started freaking out about it on Twitter. Now she's going back down. The CW giveth and taketh with the same hand.

SA should clip Holbrook's blurb and bring it with him to his renegotiation meeting :P

All joking aside, as problematic as SA is, he really should be credited with the success of the DCTV universe. Arrow made superheroes cool and interesting (before we realized that the writers could only write one story and would just keep repeating the same beats over and over and over and over and over again). I agree with Holbrook here.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Can we make up a difference like this?

I've just started voting! Will get a good 30 min in before I gotta do stuff like feed my family! 

I think it’s possible to make up the gap. Voting has only been on for 6 hours or so and the other side hasn’t pushed a lot. 

I tried voting earlier and I couldn't stand the problems with the captchas. Too slow to fade and then it was wrong and then I couldn't vote so I gave up. I don't have the patience, haha. I'll try again now as it's the last couple of hours. 

And now she's back to 49.9.  :(

It occurs to me that the Wynonna Erp fans have a distinct advantage.  Their show is currently showing new episodes each week so the fandom is not scattered over the hiatus.  :(

On a separate subject, what are automated inquiries and why does the E site keep accusing my computer of sending them and then making me "Try again later"?