Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

GATV has posted another voting category (one vote per IP address) - so many bad eps to choose from, but I voted for 619-The Dragon (you know, the ep where Oliver is almost nowhere to be found and the opening arrowhead symbol was replaced with a dragon symbol)...

2018 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Worst Episode Of Arrow Season 6!
June 7, 2018  Craig Byrne
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/2018-greenarrowtv-awards-pick-the-worst-episode-of-arrow-season-6/

The second category for this year is Worst Episode. Sometimes even the best series, when they do 23 episodes, have some installments that are not so good. Maybe your favorite character barely appeared. Perhaps the villain didn’t pop. Maybe there was too much NTA. Either way, now’s a good time to vote! (And hey, if you liked them all, consider this “Least Favorite Episode!”)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

In order to post a comment on this article, you need to log into a facebook account. Or you can tweet your nomination(s) using the hashtag #TVScoopAwards.  Unfortunately, I have neither facebook nor twitter. Can someone please nominate EBR for Best Drama Actress and Olicity for Best Couple? Also, if I could, I would nominate the following scenes for Sexiest Moment - In Arrow, 6x04 (Reversal), Oliver & Felicity are kissing when Oliver says that he still has room for dessert, and in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, 3x08 (Crisis on Earth-X, Part 4), Felicity kisses Oliver while he's wearing the Green Arrow suit...

TV Scoop Awards 2018: Nominate Your Favorites Now
by TV SCOOP TEAM | Fri., Jun. 8, 2018 12:00 PM
https://www.eonline.com/news/942426/tv-scoop-awards-2018-nominate-your-favorites-now

We're about to launch our annual TV Scoop Awards, honoring the best (and occasionally even the worst) TV had to offer over the past year, including shows, stars, moments, fandoms, and of course, couples. 

Everything from the nominees to the winners are up to you, so let's start with the nominees. You can submit your choices for each of the categories below by commenting on this post or by tweeting your choice with the hashtag #TVScoopAwards. Make sure you include the name of the category no matter how you nominate!
Then, starting Monday and continuing each day over the next two weeks, we'll launch two new polls. All polls will remain open until 5 p.m. PT on Friday, June 29, and you'll be able to vote as many times as you want in all categories. This time, there are no rounds, so it's every star, fandom, or TV show for themselves. 

Any show that aired between June 9, 2017 and today (June 8, 2018), is eligible, and so is any actor, couple, or scene that appeared on those shows in that time. All shows must be available to watch legally in the U.S. (except for the international category). 

Nominations will close this Sunday, June 10 at 5 p.m. PT. 

Here are the categories that are relevant to Arrow:

Best Drama
Best Drama Actor (Male and Female)
Best Couple
Sexiest Moment
Best Shocker
Worst Shocker
Best Fight
Saddest Death
Saddest Actor Exit
Best Villain
Best Guest Star
Best Fandom
Best Cast on Twitter
Best Series Finale 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, tv echo said:

Thanks! :)

Glad I could do something even this small to thank you for all the work you do.  I wouldn't know a tenth of what I know about Arrow and BTS stuff without you

• Love 7
(edited)

The second round of voting for PTV's Previouslies Awards 2018 has begun and will end on Sunday, June 17, at Noon ET - here are the categories in which Arrow still has noms...

Traditional: The Worst

Arrow is still nominated for Most Obvious Stunt Work:
http://forums.previously.tv/topic/71187-most-obvious-stunt-work/

Non-Traditional: The Good

"Arrow: Oliver and Felicity" are still nominated for We Go Together: Favorite Couple or Ship:
http://forums.previously.tv/topic/71186-we-go-together-favorite-couple-or-ship/

Non-Traditional: The Bad

"Arrow: Diaz lives" is still nominated for Least Favorite TV Moment of the Year:
http://forums.previously.tv/topic/71223-least-favorite-tv-moment-of-the-year/

"Arrow: Team Arrow Feud" is still nominated for The Cerulean Sphere Award: Biggest Plot Point Letdown:
http://forums.previously.tv/topic/71222-the-cerulean-sphere-award-biggest-plot-point-letdown/

"Arrow: Quentin's obsession with his dead daughter's doppelganger leads to him sacrificing himself for her" is still nominated for Idiot Stick: Dumbest Character Moment:
http://forums.previously.tv/topic/71199-idiot-stick-dumbest-character-moment/

"Arrow: Ricardo Diaz" is still nominated for Not You Again!: Least Entertaining Villain:
http://forums.previously.tv/topic/71190-not-you-again-least-entertaining-villain/

"Arrow: Laurel Lance" is still nominated for The Pierce of the Year: Most Disposable Character:
http://forums.previously.tv/topic/71183-the-pierce-of-the-year-most-disposable-character/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Eonline has posted its first two voting categories - Arrow is one of the nominees for Best Drama...

TV Scoop Awards 2018: Vote for Best Comedy and Best Drama
by TV SCOOP TEAM | Mon., Jun. 11, 2018 
https://www.eonline.com/news/942955/tv-scoop-awards-2018-vote-for-best-comedy-and-best-drama

While there will be polls upon polls upon polls to vote in over the next few weeks, we're starting with a big one: Best Comedy and Best Drama. Which shows were your favorites of the past year? It's up to you to tell us! 

You can vote from now until all polls close on Friday, June 29, and whichever comedy and whichever drama have the most votes will win. It's that simple! We promise! 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

EBR is nominated for Best Drama Actress and SA is nominated for Best Drama Actor (the Lucifer fans are really out in full force in these polls, maybe because of their show's cancellation)...

TV Scoop Awards 2018: Vote for the Best Drama Actor and Actress
by LAUREN PIESTER | Tue., Jun. 12, 2018 12:00 PM
https://www.eonline.com/news/943295/tv-scoop-awards-2018-vote-for-the-best-drama-actor-and-actress

As always, you can vote as many times as you want for as many actors as you want, and all the polls will close Friday, June 29 at 5 p.m. PT. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

So I tried to vote but all I can do is click her name and then click the robot button thing. There's no vote button?!?

There should be a big blue "VOTE NOW!" button below the list of names. Try refreshing the page. After you vote, you should see the voting percentages next to each name.

(edited)

The first "wave" of nominees for the 2018 Teen Choice Awards has just been released - Arrow, SA and EBR are all nominated...

Teen Choice Awards 2018: Riverdale, Shadowhunters Lead Nominations
By Rebecca Iannucci / June 13 2018, 9:43 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/06/13/teen-choice-awards-2018-nominations-full-list-nominees/

Voting is open here through June 19, and the kudosfest will air Sunday, Aug. 12, at 8/7c on Fox. ...
Choice Action TV Show (#ChoiceActionTVShow)
Arrow
Gotham
Lethal Weapon
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Supergirl
The Flash

Choice Action TV Actor (#ChoiceActionTVActor)
Chris Wood — Supergirl
Damon Wayans — Lethal Weapon
David Mazouz — Gotham
Grant Gustin — The Flash
Lucas Till — MacGyver
Stephen Amell — Arrow

Choice Action TV Actress (#ChoiceActionTVActress)
Caity Lotz — DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
Candice Patton — The Flash
Chloe Bennet — Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Danielle Panabaker — The Flash
Emily Bett Rickards — Arrow
Melissa Benoist — Supergirl

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Should I bother? Is this rigged?

Cuz I adore Emily and will put in the energy but not if it's rigged!

It's rigged. The TCA pick there winners. There is a disclaimer that says as much. 

I don't think she did! Since I've joined fandom (mid S4) she's been locked in the basement by the witches at CW. 

It's so nice to see her do photo shoots and promote her projects and herself! Dammit I will vote every day even if it's rigged! 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Has EBR ever asked fans to vote for teen choice or any of these kind of contests?  I'm kind of happy that she's beginning to do some self promotion. Must be her new PR team.

I don't remember her doing that before. But her PR agency put it on their Insta story, so I'm assuming that she was encouraged by them to mention it as well.

• Love 1

I know it's rigged but ever since Emily asked voting is now in my blood! Have voted 20 times already and will continue to do so until the deadline.

hehe I will admit to sniggering as I bypassed the Best TV Action Male. If BR were nominated I would have voted for him!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

OMG She is the cutest munchkin!  I REALLY want her to win this!

Me, voting for Emily because she asked us to:

tenor.gif?itemid=5729691

I know that my votes won't really matter because the TCAs are rigged, and whoever shows up to the ceremony or whichever studio pays for it will probably win, but ever since Emily's been surprisingly interactive about the TCAs on her social media, I promised to myself that I'll try to vote 10 times every day for her on that website. Lol.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I voted for EBR (but hard pass on SA), I don't care if it's rigged. This is the first time in a long time I've actually seen the Arrow writers (must be Beth's doing), Arrow AND EMILY HERSELF promote the TCAs so I voted. 

Any chance it might be rigged for Arrow to get some love this year?  Hmm

• Love 1
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Aren't the winners always paid for by the networks to get some publicity?

IDK, but if that's the case, it will be interesting to see which actress the CW picks for the publicity. I was laughing that all the nominated actresses are from DCTV except for Chloe Bennett. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Any chance it might be rigged for Arrow to get some love this year?  Hmm

That witch who runs the Arrow account will make sure EBR doesn't win! She'll "lose" the money if she's forced to actually pay for Emily!

But I don't care as at least voting will show Emily that we love her! 

• Love 1

It'd be nice if the CW rigged it for Emily but I dare say it's either Candice or Melissa- most likely Melissa- since The Flash has seen a large viewer drop and Supergirl has come back from an extended hiatus and is moving nights so they might see those two shows as being more in need of the publicity. Legends and Arrow while having less viewers is generally steady so is probably less of a publicity concern.

ETA: Also the Saturn Awards are paid/rigged awards as well. As is the People's Choice award. FYI. Since I always laugh when I see fans use those awards/nominations as proof of superiority.

(edited)

I wonder if they would've done this if EBR had been the only nominee...

Here are the Teen Choice tweets about the Arrow noms (I think it's weird that they picked for EBR a non-action shot of her shaking her head negatively, it should've been a shot of her in action at the computer or out in the field)...

Edited by tv echo
15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Here are the Teen Choice tweets about the Arrow noms (I think it's weird that they picked for EBR a non-action shot of her shaking her head negatively, it should've been a shot of her in action at the computer or out in the field)...

It could've been worse. For their Flash post, they used a gif of Ezra Miller's Barry Allen. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, tv echo said:

(I think it's weird that they picked for EBR a non-action shot of her shaking her head negatively, it should've been a shot of her in action at the computer or out in the field)...

I think most people inclined to vote for Emily remember exactly where that head shake was from and thought it was adorable. At least that seemed to be the consensus on my TL yesterday. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It could've been worse. For their Flash post, they used a gif of Ezra Miller's Barry Allen. 

That made me laugh. 

I feel like overall they’re promoting the TCAs more. I don’t know if it’s the network really pushing all the changes happening with Arrow or EBR new management working something out in her contract. Either way I think it’s nice to see. 

I remember a discussion a few months back about why the Arrow twitter account retweeted every single thing about Juliana and would outright ignore Emily, and someone talked about how that sort of promotion was often written into contracts.  I know they just finished contract negotiations.  Perhaps Emily's new management negotiated for more social media support.

Alternatively, this might be a Beth influence.  She personally posted about Teen Choice.  Guggenheim would have never done that.

• Love 7

Well if the TCAs were based on votes alone right now Emily's winning. She's sitting on 1.5 k retweets to Candice and Melissa's 1.4 k, Danielle's 1.1 k and Chloe and Caitys 600+. 

I havent been on the website website so I don't know if they show the results there and whether the others are doing better. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Oliver & Felicity are nominated for Best Couple (they won last year), and "Olicity on the couch, Arrow, s6e4" is nominated for Sexiest Moment...

TV Scoop Awards 2018: Vote for the Best Couple and Sexiest Moment
by TV SCOOP TEAM | Fri., Jun. 15, 2018 
https://www.eonline.com/news/943899/tv-scoop-awards-2018-vote-for-the-best-couple-and-sexiest-moment

All polls close Friday, June 29 at 5 p.m. PT. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 16/06/2018 at 12:59 AM, Mary0360 said:

Well if the TCAs were based on votes alone right now Emily's winning. She's sitting on 1.5 k retweets to Candice and Melissa's 1.4 k, Danielle's 1.1 k and Chloe and Caitys 600+. 

I havent been on the website website so I don't know if they show the results there and whether the others are doing better. 

I'm not overly invested in the TCAs. I retweeted for Emily once, but I figure the TCAs will pick whoever they want as the winner but I saw Chloe Bennetts TCA tweet come up on my time line and since my post she's jump to 2.2k retweets while Emily Melissa and Candice are still at the 1.8-1.7k mark. Either the AOS fans were sleeping when they started the vote process and are now rallying  or something funny is going on because she was sitting at like 650 ish retweets a day ago. 

(edited)

Sigh.  Sounds like we know who bought the Surfboard.  

(Unless it is fan shenanigans in which case it won't matter what the vote is)

Edited by BkWurm1
(edited)
8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Sigh.  Sounds like we know who bought the Surfboard.  

(Unless it is fan shenanigans in which case it won't matter what the vote is)

Arent the TCA's on FOX? Since Disney brought FOX I wouldn't put it past them to have Chloe as their designated winner as a cross promotion now that I think about it. 

ETA: Also while Emily and Candice have seemed to plateau at 1.8k Chloe's continues to grow. She's at 2.7+k now. 

Edited by Mary0360
9 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Since Disney brought FOX I wouldn't put it past them to have Chloe as their designated winner as a cross promotion now that I think about it

Disney didn't buy Fox yet (and actually might end up not).